Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award (903 Views)

Today Is Seun Osewa Birthday...let's Show Him Love (post Your Greetings) / Seun Osewa, Get More Hands To Help You! / What You Don't Know About Seun Osewa (founder Of Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by ercel: 10:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
The recent revelation that the Central Bank of Nigeria employed children,wards and cronies of some influential Nigerians made me revisit this idea.
It's sad that those children lacked the brain to see brighter opportunities around them. Most of who have attended good universities and had the priviledge of travelling round the world but failed to see that great markets exist in Nigeria, Africa and the world. They failed to see that they could take advantage of their parents' wealth and connections to establish businesses that'll see them becoming employers of millions of people worldover. Rather they chose to join CBN where salaries and remunerations are robust and where they can engage in the much talked about "dirty in-house forex deals".
I couldn't but see them as blockheads who couldn't see the world despite haven travelled far and wide. They are pitiful for taking away jobs that other Nigerians should have gone for and that's what greed is!
Why couldn't they create impactful ventures the way Seun Osewa of Nairaland did. In its years of existence,Nairaland has seen people all over the world affected positively. Through Nairaland people get educated and enlightened everyday,businesses take place,people find jobs,Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike engage in political debates that have seen humans unite,so many have gotten free medical treatments from those they never met and may never meet for the rest of their lives,counsel on admissions,marriage and health have been given without charging any fees,in fact,some met their partners (marriage and business) on this same forum,and so many other achievements that time and space won't allow us mention here.
Now,isn't the founder of this forum worth National Honours Award? I am not patronising and do not expect moderators to either ban me or hide my post,but I am strongly positive that Seun Osewa deserves honour,depriving him is like the annoying act of CBN who chose to deny other Nigerians jobs by employing those who ought to have been smart enough to create jobs and rule the world!
We must talk and write so that the appropriate quarters will hear us. Nigeria must get better and it starts with us. Thank God for SERAP's open letter to CBN.
Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by bet9ja(m): 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
That can only happen in a sane and developed country where average citizen only think about there dreams and not what to eat tomorrow. The different is clear.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by tnthommie(m): 1:49am On Mar 21, 2016
eye service.
Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by Sibrah: 4:15am On Mar 21, 2016
In a country where a lady can open her mouth to say guys must be successful with a house and car before having a relationship. Seun truly deserves honour.
Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by id911(m): 4:41am On Mar 21, 2016
Yes! He deserves national award ****

Citizens get better dividends of democracy from their leaders if the press is non partisan but these days most Nigerian Press hide the truth if it's against those they support. This is very shameful. They are doing injustice to Nigerians
Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by redcliff: 6:44am On Mar 21, 2016
ercel:
The recent revelation that the Central Bank of Nigeria employed children,wards and cronies of some influential Nigerians made me revisit this idea.
It's sad that those children lacked the brain to see brighter opportunities around them. Most of who have attended good universities and had the priviledge of travelling round the world but failed to see that great markets exist in Nigeria, Africa and the world. They failed to see that they could take advantage of their parents' wealth and connections to establish businesses that'll see them becoming employers of millions of people worldover. Rather they chose to join CBN where salaries and remunerations are robust and where they can engage in the much talked about "dirty in-house forex deals".
I couldn't but see them as blockheads who couldn't see the world despite haven travelled far and wide. They are pitiful for taking away jobs that other Nigerians should have gone for and that's what greed is!
Why couldn't they create impactful ventures the way Seun Osewa of Nairaland did. In its years of existence,Nairaland has seen people all over the world affected positively. Through Nairaland people get educated and enlightened everyday,businesses take place,people find jobs,Nigerians and non-Nigerians alike engage in political debates that have seen humans unite,so many have gotten free medical treatments from those they never met and may never meet for the rest of their lives,counsel on admissions,marriage and health have been given without charging any fees,in fact,some met their partners (marriage and business) on this same forum,and so many other achievements that time and space won't allow us mention here.
Now,isn't the founder of this forum worth National Honours Award? I am not patronising and do not expect moderators to either ban me or hide my post,but I am strongly positive that Seun Osewa deserves honour,depriving him is like the annoying act of CBN who chose to deny other Nigerians jobs by employing those who ought to have been smart enough to create jobs and rule the world!
We must talk and write so that the appropriate quarters will hear us. Nigeria must get better and it starts with us. Thank God for SERAP's open letter to CBN.
Thank you.

for what please? Dont bastardize an honorary institution on the grounds that a mere business man who had the original intent of personal gratification is deserving of it. I am not hating but i strongly feel that national awards are more deeper than what Nigerians have taken it to be at the moment and this is simply because we have seen too many wrongs being done and any little light of hope from anywhere catches your attention. Leave national awards for folks who have done selfless deeds for the betterment of the nation than a mere business man who is just young and successful in doing his daily business.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by opalu: 7:35am On Mar 21, 2016
redcliff:

for what please? Dont bastardize an honorary institution on the grounds that a mere business man who had the original intent of personal gratification is deserving of it. I am not hating but i strongly feel that national awards are more deeper than what Nigerians have taken it to be at the moment and this is simply because we have seen too many wrongs being done and any little light of hope from anywhere catches your attention. Leave national awards for folks who have done selfless deeds for the betterment of the nation than a mere business man who is just young and successful in doing his daily business.
Thank you!

In Nigeria where Dangote got the same honour that only Vice Presidents get?
Here Capitalists who have no long standing record of rendering SELFLESS services have honours so why won't Seun whose website has given so many youths a voice get?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by redcliff: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2016
opalu:

In Nigeria where Dangote got the same honour that only Vice Presidents get?
Here Capitalists who have no long standing record of rendering SELFLESS services have honours so why won't Seun whose website has given so many youths a voice get?

How many people does he employ? Dont think like a kid. There are one man businesses in Alaba and Idumota who have manpower under their pay roll that equally deserve an award...afterall they are employers of labour and they are totally self made...
Re: Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award by ercel: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2016
Some points raised above are noted. The fact still remains that apart from being ingenious,Nairaland has added value to numerous lives in Nigeria.
Alh. Aliko Dangote and some of these people below are all into their various business yet got awards -
294 Kanayo O. Kanayo Artist Private MFR
295 Iheme Osita Artist Private MFR
296 Amaka Igwe Artist Private MFR
297 Olu Jacobs Artist Private MFR
298 Stephenie Okereke Artist Private MFR
299 Genevieve Nnaji Artist Private MFR

Table Courtesy of the Economic Confidential magazine
http://ogala./2011/11/14/full-list-of-2010-and-2011-nigeria-national-honours-award-recipients/

Like I said,no hate. Ingenuity,hardwork and dedication should be acknowledged. I raised this post because our leaders encourage people to not think (case of CBN beneficiaries who should have been employers of labour). Those who rose above the tide should be acknowledged and encouraged.
No one can count all the good Nairaland has done,is there?

(1) (Reply)

Help!! I Keep Seeing This As I Try To Access Front Page.. Pic. / Young Girl Wakes Up N*ked On The Streets Without Memory After Attending A Night / Abia Govt Officials Invade Lagos Court For Ogah's Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.