Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,786 members, 7,844,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62806 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by solid3(m): 12:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
eDoc:

Actually mutilated would be the perfect word.

Noted! shocked

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Etogist: 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

The fact that Buhari can't govern Nigeria doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a soldier can't shoot a gun doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a policeman can't catch a thief doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that your pastor can't quote any bible verse doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that an electrical engineering graduate can't fix a light bulb doesn't make him unqualified?

Your points are totally different. English is not a true test of knowledge and can never be.

Basics bro, basics...very important!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Drabrah(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
Looks deliberately orchestrated.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Slickest(m): 2:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

madam? What are you trying to justify? That a graduate spent 4 years in the University and can't construct simple sentences? Please look for something else to defend. Why go to the university if you want to justify mediocrity.
Mr, the reality Is dat nigga graduated, his ability 2 give back what lecturers taught him is commendable despite d fact dat his construction is bad....

Nd incase you don't know, universities don't teach u how 2 read or write, his foundation might be shaky, his zeal 2 learn made him a gradute....

Ominiknowest
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
Slickest:

Mr, the reality Is dat nigga graduated, his ability 2 give back what lecturers taught him is commendable despite d fact dat his construction is bad....

Nd incase you don't know, universities don't teach u how 2 read or write, his foundation might be shaky, his zeal 2 learn made him a gradute....

Ominiknowest

That is the core of the problem. This now devalues every graduate from that University as it does the Institute itself. What sort ofsupposed University turns out people incapable of simple communication? Furthermore what sort of institute would accept someone clearly unable or unfit to complete their courses. What a major failure for the educational system! If Nigeria is to develop then education is one of the main priorities. Some (thankfully NOT ALL) of the cultural attitudes are against this. The lazy attitude of making an excuse for a failure rather than accepting responsibility and actually correcting the problem and the preference for arguing a totally incorrect and indefensible position instead of simply admitting error are two attitudes that come to mind. Fortunately the respect for education otherwise remains high and I know many families who forbid their children to use pidgin in the home etc etc.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Slickest(m): 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

That is the core of the problem. This now devalues every graduate from that University as it does the Institute itself. What sort ofsupposed University turns out people incapable of simple communication? Furthermore what sort of institute would accept someone clearly unable or unfit to complete their courses. What a major failure for the educational system! If Nigeria is to develop then education is one of the main priorities. Some (thankfully NOT ALL) of the cultural attitudes are against this. The lazy attitude of making an excuse for a failure rather than accepting responsibility and actually correcting the problem and the preference for arguing a totally incorrect and indefensible position instead of simply admitting error are two attitudes that come to mind. Fortunately the respect for education otherwise remains high and I know many families who forbid their children to use pidgin in the home etc etc.

I appreciate that you know where the problem is from.....how on earth did he pass his tests?, write his assignments?, presentations? Nd most of all his project?

Is he 2 blame, or d institution?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Slickest:

I appreciate that you know where the problem is from.....how on earth did he pass his tests?, write his assignments?, presentations? Nd most of all his project?

Is he 2 blame, or d institution?

An excellent question. We have some alternatives.

Firstly, perhaps he was better and genuinely passed but reverted to sloopy thinking and expression (for whatever reason - laziness or perhaps being surrounded by people who could not communicate properly). Possible I suppose.

Secondly, he bought or forged his qualifications. I have heard this happens in Naija but have no idea of the truth of this assertion or its frequency. It happens in Europe (to an extremely limited extent) so I certainly cant rule it out in Naija.

Thirdly, the educational institutes he attended MAY be totally rubbish. I am no expert on your educational system but would presume that there are checks on the standards of such institutions. Im quite skeptical of the likelihood of this one but open to correction if you have a view on this.

This is an important issue however which affects Nigerians as a group. The massive danger is that people and organisations may see any Nigerian graduate and/or qualification as of lesser value than a non Nigerian. Even if this view is discriminatory and morally and factually incorrect the fact that it is acted upon will damage Nigeria as a country and individual Nigerians.

I would love to hear some other possible explanations (if any) or which option you feel the most likely.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:

Was the fishery taught in Ijaw or some kind of fish language?
I taught you should sound intelligent? undecided[quote author=thesicilian post=43996183]
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by thesicilian: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
I taught you should sound intelligent? undecided

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Damicares(f): 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2016
Seriously? A graduate? I don't think so. Maybe an end time graduate sha.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Slickest(m): 7:24am On Mar 23, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

An excellent question. We have some alternatives.

Firstly, perhaps he was better and genuinely passed but reverted to sloopy thinking and expression (for whatever reason - laziness or perhaps being surrounded by people who could not communicate properly). Possible I suppose.

Secondly, he bought or forged his qualifications. I have heard this happens in Naija but have no idea of the truth of this assertion or its frequency. It happens in Europe (to an extremely limited extent) so I certainly cant rule it out in Naija.

Thirdly, the educational institutes he attended MAY be totally rubbish. I am no expert on your educational system but would presume that there are checks on the standards of such institutions. Im quite skeptical of the likelihood of this one but open to correction if you have a view on this.

This is an important issue however which affects Nigerians as a group. The massive danger is that people and organisations may see any Nigerian graduate and/or qualification as of lesser value than a non Nigerian. Even if this view is discriminatory and morally and factually incorrect the fact that it is acted upon will damage Nigeria as a country and individual Nigerians.

I would love to hear some other possible explanations (if any) or which option you feel the most likely.
Well, technical analysis there, but I don't think the first reason is a likeely causative for his weird expression.

There is possibility in d 2nd analysis, because we live in a country where your ability and qualities is on paper, who won't want to buy his/her way in?

But it all boils down to the institution, had it been their mode of interview was critical enough, they would checkmate such individual without this basic quality....

Its all on the paper brother, our abilities are amplified by the paper.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 11:18am On Mar 23, 2016
Good 4 him

ukjerry:

He is already doing that and has greatly improved.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by joshuamoses101(m): 12:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

The fact that Buhari can't govern Nigeria doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a soldier can't shoot a gun doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a policeman can't catch a thief doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that your pastor can't quote any bible verse doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that an electrical engineering graduate can't fix a light bulb doesn't make him unqualified?

Basics bro, basics...very important!
if a graduate cant speak english fluently its understandable na pidgin u speak 4rm yr1 to ur final year he didnt practice but if he/she cnt put it down in writing oma na waste
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
datalossvictim1:
Fvck the English, and English.

Bro, please, spoke on...
grin
Are you see what am saw?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
datalossvictim1:
Fvck the English, and English.

Bro, please, spoke on...

As an Irishman I laud that sentiment! Lol. However the actual language is irrelevant as it seems the guy in question is incapable of effective communication. The subjecy in question remains a disgrace to the supposed institutions that have pretended to teach him.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 24, 2016
CFCman:

grin
Are you see what am saw?

Nwanna I am saw what you see o cheesy
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 24, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

As an Irishman I laud that sentiment! Lol. However the actual language is irrelevant as it seems the guy in question is incapable of effective communication. The subjecy in question remains a disgrace to the supposed institutions that have pretended to teach him.

Bia Engineer Chinedu, nice format. wink
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Henycymama(f): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

like seriously what kinda hope are you passing to the graduate?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Henycymama(f): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
tobishills12:
abeg nah university or poly... Kai the guy disappoint me sha

oyah check my signature

This has nothing to do if it poly or University, someone English is poor, it is poor noni yen
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by SenatorJames(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
Thank God its English language he murdered, i thought it is his mother language.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria With School Fees. / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.