Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj (937 Views)

Atiku Not Threat To Buhari In 2019, Says Adamawa Apc / We 're Biafra Not Nigeria, Cross River Elders Reply Osinbajo (video) / I And Four Other Eminent Nigerians Brought In Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- OBJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by aproko247: 10:37am On Mar 21, 2016
**Calls Critics “Stupid”
**Jonathan Abused, Misused His Opportunity
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo, has slammed those criticising him for not accounting for the recovered loot of late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, describing them as stupid.

Speaking in an interview over the weekend, OBJ, as he is fondly called, explained that it was not his duty to give account of how the huge amount of money was used.

His words, “They said the money recovered from Abacha, I should account for it. What stupidity! The man who asked for it, the man who gave the judgement or who answered them are all stupid, with due respect.

“I don’t keep account, all Abacha loots were sent to Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and every bit of it was reported to Minister of Finance. My job was to write where we can get help to recover the money.

“Every penny that comes out of it went to CBN, so if they want to know what happened to the money, they should call CBN governor or call the Minister of Finance.

“But again, it shows ignorance, total ignorance, which is lacking and you wonder, are these people educated? They can also approach the man who helped us in recovering process to give the list of money recovered and where he took it.”

The former President, while reacting to criticisms over the frequent travels of President Muhammadu Buhari, said there’s nothing wrong with it.

Obasanjo said Buhari “needs to be known and to know people. How do you make friends and influence people except you know them and this cannot happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a situation that we found ourselves, a situation where we have bad image in the world, a situation where we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa, because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria was not on the table.”

On the fluctuating oil price, the former Head of State explained that when he “assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing.

“I know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again.”

Also commenting on the Biafra agitation, Obasanjo said “I sympathise with people agitating in the country, but what Nigeria needs to do now is to get our economy back on track.

Read concluding part here: http://www.aproko247.com/2016/03/21/biafra-not-threat-nigeria-obj/

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Khd95(m): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2016
Biafra is a threat to d igbo nation,not nigeriasadgrin

because those aggitating for it,are dpin so for their selfish gain nd not for d entire igbo nation

Abeg,hamuch be biafran international passport again sevgringrincheesy

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 21, 2016
Before nko?
They are only beating their chests.
One bullet, protest disappear.
Kanu is chilling

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 21, 2016
Before nko?
They are only beating their chests.
One bullet, protest disappear.
Kanu is chilling

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by size40: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2016
At all, at all. They can only make some noise for one or two days and goes back to shops. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by overall90: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2016
see all these Osun people masturbating at anything Biafra

so Biafra is not a threat simply because obasanjo said so

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 21, 2016
If Biafra will no stand, obj you are not the one to tell us that.
You see the struggle is more active in diaspora, why, because we already know no tribe in your Nigeria can stop Biafra when it starts, i repeat non of the tribes or govt no matter how they conspired, can stop Biafra.
For now the biafrans are following intelligent well pact stages.
They will strike and pounce like a tiger when the time comes.
Thats why they Nigeria govt are all engulfed in phobias.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
Blood sucking ignorant local zoo caged # nigger-nistan country delusional zombies . why did you allow Biafra topic ? So you can trap hard core Biafran like right ? Every Biafra topic you posted here with intention to degenerate Biafra dignity will receive reply and fierce reply against you hopeless nation (zoo republic) .you don't have to pardon me. Your intentions are known ,to bann Biafran replies
Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by coolitempa(f): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
TRIBALSTOOGE:
Blood sucking ignorant local zoo caged # nigger-nistan country delusional zombies . why did you allow Biafra topic ? So you can trap hard core Biafran like right ? Every Biafra topic you posted here with intention to degenerate Biafra dignity will receive reply and fierce reply against you hopeless nation (zoo republic) .you don't have to pardon me. Your intentions are known ,to bann Biafran replies

Eyaaaaa.....kpele o.....poor frustrated iPod you... cheesy...go take your daily medication quickly.... cheesy
Re: Biafra Not Threat To Nigeria—obj by Mynd44: 6:26am On Mar 22, 2016

(1)

Breaking: Army Finally Rescues Some Abducted Women In Madagali(photos) / Must View: Make One Sentence About This Picture / This Statement From Buhari Has Got All Nigerians Asking If We Are Safe(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.