Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo (1125 Views)

Akwa Ibom: Senator Akpabio Regrets Making Udom A Governor (see Reason) / Ikuku Regrets Making Ikpeazu Governor - Abia Facts Newspaper / No Regrets Writing Petition Against Aregbesola – Osun Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by VillageParrot: 11:00am On Mar 21, 2016
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has maintained that he has no regrets in facilitating the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan as president.

Obasanjo, who stated this in an interview, weekend, said “That any Nigerian can become president, it is not a regret for Nigeria and for me because Nigeria gave him that opportunity, he used, abused, misused as he wished and at the appropriate time, Nigerians said thank you for what you have done and what you have not done and Nigeria said bye bye, which is the beauty of democracy.”

Obasanjo said his objective had been achieved by making a minority group to produce the president of Nigeria. He said: “I believe that Nigeria politics will be strengthened even more if we have the opportunity to allow the minority in its own right to emerge as President, and I do not have any apology for anybody because the purpose I wanted Nigeria to achieve had been achieved.”

On fluctuating oil price

On fluctuating oil price, Obasanjo said President Buhari was lucky than he was, saying: “When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing. “I know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again.”

Justifies Buhari’s frequent foreign trips

Obasanjo, who justified Buhari’s frequent foreign trips, said President Buhari needed to get involved in the world. He said: “He needs to be known and to know people. How do you make friends and influence people except you know them and this cannot happen if he sits in Aso Villa, especially in a situation that we found ourselves, a situation where we have bad image in the world, a situation where we need to play leadership role, especially in Africa, because during Jonathan’s administration, Nigeria was not on the table.”

On Biafra agitation

Obasanjo, who described the Biafra agitation as a platform for people of the South East to make their voices heard, insisted that Biafra was dead. He said: “I sympathise with people agitating in the country, but what Nigeria needs to do now is to get our economy back on track. When you have a bad economic situation, such is expected. So I did not see their cause as a threat but I see it as a platform to get their voices heard.

“Like I said on January 15, the important, authentic leaders of the South-East are concerned about economic situation of Nigeria and I believe when the situation changes tomorrow, these young people will sing a new song.”

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/no-regrets-making-goodluck-jonathan-president-obasanjo/

Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by MisterGrace: 11:01am On Mar 21, 2016
grin grin
Jonathan defied the first law of power by practically going against his supposed godfather.
Although OBJ's calculations of installing GEJ was obscurely transparent because his choice of Yar'adua was not without a baggage call Jonathan.
He (OBJ) knew that President Yar'adua's time on earth as of then was ticking towards its end and he grabbed that opportunity to conceal his unforgiving intention of punishing the North (Atiku), but fate played its destined role and power went back to the north.

What he failed to anticipate was the deceptive arrogant nature of Jonathan.
This manifested to the extent that the supposed puppet outsmarted the godfather by calling him a motor-park tout. grin grin
Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by Luckylife(m): 11:04am On Mar 21, 2016
We are highly disappointed having you as president because you have the opportunity to make Nigeria great but failed big time.
Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by ElCule: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2016
You did not make Jonathan President but supported him. Stop overestimating your political prowess.
Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by tsephanyah(f): 11:19am On Mar 21, 2016
bring back our sisters
Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by benedictnsi(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2016

G E J

***** O U R

***** H E R O

Obj..... Have compared a "leader and a junketeer"
Re: I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo by Mynd44: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2016

(1)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill 4 Policemen In Benue / Renowned Treasury Looter Ask Buhari To Be Tough On Other Treasury Looters Lol / It's Time For Youth To Reposition PDP (VANGUARD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.