Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,454 members, 7,846,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt (4137 Views)

Buhari Re-Appoints Umaru Ibrahim As NDIC MD For Another 5 Years / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Only 10 Banks Are Sound - NDIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by shinystar(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2009
What a nice retirement gift!
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by bawomolo(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
ibime don talk am.

personal grudges are involved here
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by shinystar(m): 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
They just give the man something to keep him busy throughout retirement.

A parting gift for meritorious service.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by software(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
My Fellow people, Its a shame to even talk about Naija. when you see this ppl on the TV, they talk like they are doing some serious work. They are all bloody thieves, I don't even trust the Code of conduct or any one of them, they are all thieves and all they are doing is simply for their own selfish interest.

Na God go Judge them, let us wait till judgment day, That is when we will know that HELL FIRE has Special Suits where people like Okiro and Othersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss will be Burning. God Help us all.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by lastpage: 12:08am On Jul 24, 2009
@Ibime
I have learnt never to celebrate "justice" in Nigeria. . . . for there is no sincerity of purpose behind it, just a tit-for-tat application of the law in a game of cat and mouse where both parties are equally damnable.

To me, the above qualifies as "Wisdom of the day"! GBAM, GABM-GBAM!!, GBAM-GBAM-GBAM!!!

A lot of people have asked: Why bring this out now, why not before NOW?

Answer: When you dine with the Devil, you need a looooooooong Spoon!

Okiro as I.G., is a very powerful man, against some NDIC civil servant wey no even get GUN! shocked

Ina few days time, he will be properly "down-graded" and that "self-acquired immunity" will be zilch!

This is a reference from SaharaReporters on OKIRO'S MANSION in ABUJA!
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=634:ig-mike-okiro-and-sons-police-liability-company-plc&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=205

I say we seize it? END of Story!1

Lastpage.

By the way, Ribadu was seen rolling on the floor, after reading the piece.
He wants Okiro to come and "enrol" in college, and guess who will be the "senior" now! grin tongue

Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by samparian(m): 1:14am On Jul 24, 2009
And these are people who claim to be fighting crime and corruption.

Nigeria i salute thee
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by skylooh(m): 2:44am On Jul 24, 2009
HMMM
no wonder they fought like mad to remove ribadu from efcc because they knew that he would have jailed all of them . I wonder what the AGF, and his partner in crime Aondoakaa will have to say to this if only they knew what the long term domino effects of corruption leads to angry angry

ALL CORRUPT SIR !!!!!!!!
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by sley4life(m): 4:03am On Jul 24, 2009
No honest man for 9ja. Even those employed to fight crime are into sham
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by sley4life(m): 4:03am On Jul 24, 2009
i dont think 9ja police are our friends.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by rasputinn(m): 5:29am On Jul 24, 2009
N161m bank debt: My story - Okiro

Oh shut the hell up,bloody criminal
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by bayulala(m): 6:25am On Jul 24, 2009
Why bring up the issue just barely 3 days to the exit of the IG from Office.
If the deal was consumated in 2000-2001,why wait now?
I feel something is wrong with this country.How can you have a businessman as the IG of a nation's Police.
If you hear Okiro's defence on AIT,that the company belongs to his wife!!He thinks we are fools.
We need God quick intervention in Nigeria
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by roymorah(m): 7:07am On Jul 24, 2009
ahhh, so all nigerian IGs be thieves,y wont armed robbers not laugh at them,cos its funny,and vewi vewi shameful too, its a big disgrace that this is happening to us,no true inividual wants to rule this country,OKIRO you are a big disgrace
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by mbulela: 9:03am On Jul 24, 2009
Ibime:

I have learnt never to celebrate "justice" in Nigeria. . . . for there is no sincerity of purpose behind it, just a tit-for-tat application of the law in a game of cat and mouse where both parties are equally damnable.
God bless you.
some may call you cynical but i call you intelligent.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by Nezan(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2009
Make dem allow Okiro rest for im retirement, na
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by stiyke(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2009
mbulela:

God bless you.
some may call you cynical but i call you intelligent.
WORD!!!

To those that ask y release it now, abi u no know police dey dash person gun?? if u were the NDIC boss would u have even said that to urself in ur bedroom?? talkless of saying it out in public?? The good ppl in nigeria are mainly cowards. thats if there are still good ppl.

To those that are amazed at the story, its a pity that some nigerians havent realised that corruption has become and integral part of this contraption.

This Nigeria is a big Joke its a comedy series the comedians are the leaders we are the audience.
Next Joke please embarassed embarassed
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by DisGuy: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2009
This is nothing more than Northern conspiracy grin
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2009
stiyke:

WORD!!!

To those that ask y release it now, abi u no know police dey dash person gun?? if u were the NDIC boss would u have even said that to urself in ur bedroom?? talkless of saying it out in public?? The good ppl in nigeria are mainly cowards. thats if there are still good ppl.

To those that are amazed at the story, its a pity that some nigerians havent realised that corruption has become and integral part of this contraption.

This Nigeria is a big Joke its a comedy series the comedians are the leaders we are the audience.
Next Joke please embarassed embarassed

WHICH GOOD PEOPLE.

DIDN'T YOU HEAR THE BREAKING NEWS.

GOD HAS JUST COMMISSIONED HIS NEW HELL OVEN.

IT WAS BUILT TO ACCOMODATE 140 MILLION PEOPLE.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by Mowire: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2009
Dis Guy:

This is nothing more than Northern conspiracy grin

I believe you are not serious.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by faboyish(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2009
Okiro of all ppl, na wa ooo! I thot he was supposed to be busy battling crime and corruption in the country The bros dey busy dey do him own business grin and worse part, ripping the poor bank off undecided Why na??
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by nex(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2009
The man is innocent till proven guilty and anything he says on AIT can be used against him in a court of law.

The bank should go and make the collateral liquid and leave the man alone jare.

When hard working Nigerians will go to collect loans they will not give, but a policeman in oil business is obliged.

Okiro will answer to the Code of Conduct Panel, and the police for the other accusations, but in the case of paying the loan, zero! They should go and sell their plot of land in Ogun state. It must be well worth more than N166m. After all, one bank told me that to I needed to provide a collateral worth more than 3 times the value of a loan before it is approved.

Are they even calculating the interest abi na Islamic Bank?
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by uuwem: 11:26pm On Jul 26, 2009
Guys, I really don't know what the noise is about ? is it for his executing of a contract or for owing the Bank ?

While he should obviously repay the loan, I see nothing wrong with him executing a contract, as far as he does a good job.
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by mbulela: 11:22am On Jul 27, 2009
nex:

The man is innocent till proven guilty and anything he says on AIT can be used against him in a court of law.

The bank should go and make the collateral liquid and leave the man alone jare.

When hard working Nigerians will go to collect loans they will not give, but a policeman in oil business is obliged.

Okiro will answer to the Code of Conduct Panel, and the police for the other accusations, but in the case of paying the loan, zero! They should go and sell their plot of land in Ogun state. It must be well worth more than N166m. After all, one bank told me that to I needed to provide a collateral worth more than 3 times the value of a loan before it is approved.

Are they even calculating the interest abi na Islamic Bank?
wink wink grin
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by Nezan(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
uuwem:

Guys, I really don't know what the noise is about ? is it for his executing of a contract or for owing the Bank ?

While he should obviously repay the loan, I see nothing wrong with him executing a contract, as far as he does a good job.
cool
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by Mamajama(m): 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2009
I have so much to say to this story, but i reserve my comment and will continue to see how Nigerians respond. grin grin cheesy shocked
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by debosky(m): 12:40am On Jul 28, 2009
Defender of the police has arrived - he will tell us how it is 'blackmail' and how Okiro is clean. cheesy
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by sley4life(m): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2009
48hrs have already expired
Re: Ndic Gives Okiro 48hrs To Pay N166m Bank Debt by beejaei: 3:38am On Dec 21, 2009
After unconsciously researching the overestimated issue of relationships, I have come to the conclusion that "almost" all relationships have something in common- their initiation and sometimes their continued existence is motivated by the mutual SELFISHNESS of all the involved parties.

I use the word "almost" only because i want to give some of the people who answered my questions an opportunity to exempt themselves from this categorization, even though i will not personally exempt most, if not all, of them.

Though i consider this cowardly, i also consider it wise, since it helps me to preserve some somewhat important relationships.

This conclusion is the product of a continued questioning of my suuroundings and a never ending commitment to understanding by reflecting and analyzing. Some say it is complicated, i say its living and not just existing.

When i asked the question "Why are you in this relationship," in different forms, "almost" all the answers i received pointed to the fact that the respondents were in the relationship to gain something from it. "Almost" no one was in the relationship with a defined purpose of adding something to it.I may not be able to give explicit details because i have to protect the privacy of those who responded to my questions at one time or the other. I also consider this cowardly and wise for the same aforementioned reason.

Let me quickly comment that it is alright with me if you consider my views utopian or poorly thought out. I also tend to see them in the same light.

Everyone wants a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, or any other person, that will among other things:

-show them love
-show them care
-accept them
-be a good person
-bring out the best in them
-be a good spouse in the future
-give them the emotional attachment they desire

I do not remember anyone saying "My main aim of going into this relationship is to:"

-give love
-give care
-accept someone
-show someone that i am a good person
-bring out the best in someone
-give someone the needed emotional attachment

The closest most respondents came was to say that they will only give these things if there is hope of receiving something back.

Worse still, some respondents chided other people who go into relationships for sex or money. The truth is that such people are just as good or bad as any of us since they are also into relationships because of the pleasure they will derive from it or the money they will make from it.

I regret to announce that i am very much guilty of the aforementioned "offences."

I once read a view similar to mine in a book i saw in Jeanise's room titled "I Kissed Dating Goodbye." However, i did not reckon with it at that time because i considered it to be the product of some spiritual dogmatism. I know better now.

The fact that upon reflection, i can come to the same conclusion as the author of that book says much about all what Dr. Edmonds has been saying about thinking and writing.

I may propose a solution after i read your proposals in your comments.

FORGIVE EVERY ERRORS. I AM WORKING ON A PAPER.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shekau Displays Seized Weapons From Nigerian Troops / 10,000,000 Africans Tell Obama "Take Your Gay Agenda And Shove It" / Picture Of Amechi When Hearing The Result.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.