Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Check Engine Light On Camry Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Check Engine Light On Camry Car (1968 Views)

Top 6 Reasons Your Check Engine Light May Be On And Also Blinking / Top Reasons Why Your Car Check Engine Light Is On / Cost Of Pencil Light-toyota Camry Car Engine.full And Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Engine Light On Camry Car by GoodDike: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
My 2009 Camry Car showed a check engine sign on the dash board, a scan revealed the issue as 'Multiple Cyclinder Misfire'.
How do this issue get resolved>
Pls car gurus in the house help.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by ascendo(m): 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
GoodDike:
My 2009 Camry Car showed a check engine sign on the dash board, a scan revealed the issue as 'Multiple Cyclinder Misfire'.
How do this issue get resolved>
Pls car gurus in the house help.

Go for injectors servicing... That get it fixed! Thank me later
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
ascendo:

Go for injectors servicing... That get it fixed! Thank me later
Yes your right but, it might also be spark related, if he can get a technician that can interprete a live data, surely he will be on the right path.
or that the fuel pump is not sending enough fuel, or as saw the other day there was no air.
In fact the list is almost endless but the bottom line is there must be fuel, spark and compression, so you must determine which is missing.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
cocoduck:
Yes your right but, it might also be spark related, if he can get a technician that can interprete a live data, surely he will be on the right path.
or that the fuel pump is not sending enough fuel, or as saw the other day there was no air.
In fact the list is almost endless but the bottom line is there must be fuel, spark and compression, so you must determine which is missing.

nice one.

To add to that, you might have unmetered air coming in from intake side via leaking injector O rings (manifold side) if I were you I would start from easy to hard, inspect the sparkplugs, if there's a build up of carbon deposits, and the tip is not worn, clean and regap to specifications, if tip is worn replace sparkplug. That usually fixes misfire issues.

1 Like

Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by ascendo(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
cocoduck:
Im was not guessing...
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

nice one.

To add to that, you might have unmetered air coming in from intake side via leaking injector O rings (manifold side) if I were you I would start from easy to hard, inspect the sparkplugs, if there's a build up of carbon deposits, and the tip is not worn, clean and regap to specifications, if tip is work replace sparkplug. That usually fixes misfire issues.
exactly,
but you know the op is not a technician, so I assumed his mech will do that, at least a kazim will be able to do it. Even something as common as air filter can starve the engine of air if it is clogged, anyways, thanks.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2016
ascendo:
Im was not guessing...
I never said you were guessing, but you don't just service the injectors outright, while the faullt MAY be else where. Below is a video by old school funk on this issue, just calm down and watch it you will be glad you did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLxu2Z5OfTM&itct=CCgQpDAYACITCO6F2-yw0ssCFYdgHQodo2AMQFIgb2xkIHNjaG9vbCBmdW5rIGhvdyB0byBmaXggcG8zMDA%3D&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google

here is another one by south main auto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-dUiiV_QM&itct=CAQQpDAYCyITCI3_rNKx0ssCFc4-DQodprIBoTIHcmVsYXRlZEiz-rnymdub3sgB&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google

these guys are real professionals, just listen and learn from them
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
approach to this misfire might differ from person to person

but if it was me i would start by focusing on the coil pack if it has one
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
ZIMDRILL:
approach to this misfire might differ from person to person

but if it was me i would start by focusing on the coil pack if it has one

coil pack would give a specific cylinder code, not random.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 11:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

yeah, the engine is a coil on plug system, each cylinder has its own coil pack. mmuah ohhhh you maky kiss the bride.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:49am On Mar 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

its not always the case especially with coil pack that is one unit becoz its very rare for individual coil packs to all malfuction at once
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 12:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

its not always the case especially with coil pack that is one unit becoz its very rare for individual coil packs to all malfuction at once
But that is what gazzuz is trying to let you understand, which is correct, a lot of things can be the cause but not the coil pack, just as gazzuz said, I mean, GazUz is hundred percent right and spot on here, the fault might be anything, or from anywhere, but the coil packs, I just pray it is not a blown head gasket.

At OP
did your engine overheat at anytime in the past? I pray it is something simple not that gasket oooo, Gazzuz, make una help am ooooo
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
cocoduck:
But that is what gazzuz is trying to let you understand, which is correct, a lot of things can be the cause but not the coil pack, just as gazzuz said, I mean, GazUz is hundred percent right and spot on here, the fault might be anything, or from anywhere, but the coil packs, I just pray it is not a blown head gasket.

At OP
did your engine overheat at anytime in the past? I pray it is something simple not that gasket oooo, Gazzuz, make una help am ooooo

am not disputing what he saying remember my 1st post i said the approach might be different

all the time in our garage a random misfire picked via a code we start either plugs or coil pack and more than half of the time it would be a coil pack especially that type of a coil which is a block
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by GoodDike: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
cocoduck:

At OP

There was a time the engine overheated because one of the fan was bad. It stopped overheating when the bad fan was replaced. There was a time it brought out that check engine sign but later went off by itself.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

am not disputing what he saying remember my 1st post i said the approach might be different

all the time in our garage a random misfire picked via a code we start either plugs or coil pack and more than half of the time it would be a coil pack especially that type of a coil which is a block
Correct. That is the DIS, Distributorless Ignition System, but it has been done away with on newer cars, and replaced with the coil on plug or coil near plug system, stay strong bro, praise God each day of your life, its really important. Peace onto you.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
GoodDike:

There was a time the engine overheated because one of the fan was bad. It stopped overheating when the bad fan was replaced. There was a time it brought out that check engine sign but later went off by itself.
Okay, have you done what GaZuz said you should do? that is check the spark plugs and everything, it's in his post above. If yes, then, try to do a compression test on each cylinder, or in a quick dirty old school style, disable the fuel pump by removing its fuse and disconnecting the plug connectors, then open the radiator, and crank the engine, if you see water GUSHING out with force from the radiator, I mean real gushing not just drizzles, and check the radiator coolant for oily substance, if yes, then the head gasket is blown. I just hope it is no.
I hope You are not overwhelmed, for me, with this bit of history of over heating, I will prefer doing a leakdown test. It's a V6 right?
Gazzuz, what do you suggest?
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by cocoduck: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
I know a hummer h3 that had this same problem too, the engine over heated at one time and fixed, but later it started to misfire and run really crappy, we opened the engine cover and saw milky substance everywhere.
Re: Check Engine Light On Camry Car by Ebest1992: 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
All you need to do is to get a mechanic if you don't have one you can contact me on this number 07060632173 you just have to leak out the oil by losing the sump bolt then you loose the bottom plate then remove the engine filter wash it very well with fuel put it back then gauge a new oil viola!!! the check engine light goes off it cause due to oil treatment that ends us blocking the engine filter

(1) (Reply)

Car Or SUV With 1 Million Budget / World's Longest Car / Cost Of Fixing Engine Oil Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.