Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

“nigeria Is ‘not’, Africa’s Failed Asset!” By Emir Of KANO. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “nigeria Is ‘not’, Africa’s Failed Asset!” By Emir Of KANO. (349 Views)

There Are Only Two Tribes In Nigeria By Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido / The Problem Of Nigeria By Emir Sanusi .... A Must Read / Buhari Hosted To A Lunch By Emir Of Daura (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“nigeria Is ‘not’, Africa’s Failed Asset!” By Emir Of KANO. by evesecrets: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
Let me start by saying that I am Fulani (laughter). My grandfather was an Emir and therefore I represent all that has been talked about this afternoon. Sir Ajayi has written a book. And like all Nigerians of his generation, he has written in the language of his generation.

“My grandfather was a Northerner; I am a Nigerian. The problem with this country is that in 2009, we speak in the language of 1953. Sir Olaniwun can be forgiven for the way he spoke, but I cannot forgive people of my generation speaking in that language.

“Let us go into this issue because there are so many myths that are being bandied around. Before colonialism, there was nothing like Northern Nigeria, Before the Sokoto Jihad, there was nothing like the Sokoto caliphate. The man from Kano regard himself as bakane. The man from Zaria was bazazzage. The man from Katsina was bakatsine. The kingdoms were at war with each other. They were Hausas, they were Muslims, yet, they were killing each other.

for more news:
http://wdn.com.ng/2016/03/21/monday-bite-nigeria-not-africas-failed-asset/

(1) (Reply)

Read President Buhari's Latest Reply To His Critics / Politics / To The Fulani Herdsmen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.