Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca (1394 Views)

"Somebody Touched My Bumps And Squeezed In Mecca " - Scottish Lady On Twitter / Pretty Nigerian Lady Dies In Mecca After Completing Her Pilgrimage. Photos / Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by PENCILLER(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
Most Common Questions asked by Non-Muslims
NON-MUSLIMS NOT ALLOWED IN MAKKAH AND MADINAH?
Question:
Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the Holy cities of Makkah and Madinah?
Answer:
It is true that non-Muslims are not allowed in the holy cities of Makkah and Madinah, by law. The following points will serve to elucidate the possible reasoning behind such a restriction.
1.All citizens are not permitted in the cantonment area
I am a citizen of India. Yet, I am not permitted to enter certain restricted areas like the cantonment. In every country there are certain areas where a common citizen of that country cannot enter. Only a citizen who is enrolled in the military or those who are connected with the defence of the country are allowed in the cantonment area. Similarly Islam is a Universal Religion for the entire world and for all human beings. The cantonment areas of Islam are the two holy cites of Makkah and Madinah. Here only those who believe in Islam and are involved in the defence of Islam i.e. the Muslims are allowed.
It would be illogical for a common citizen to object against the restriction on entering a cantonment area. Similarly it is not appropriate for non-Muslims to object against the restriction on non-Muslims against entering Makkah and Madinah.
2.Visa to enter Makkah and Madinah
a.Whenever a person travels to a foreign country he has to first apply for a visa i.e. the permission to enter that country. Every country has its own rules, regulations and requirements for issuing a visa. Unless their critera are satisfied they will not issue a visa.
b.One of the countries which is very strict in issuing a visa is the United States of America, especially when issuing visas to citizens of the third world. They have several conditions and requirements to be fulfilled before they issue a visa.
c.When I visited Singapore, it was mentioned on their immigration form - death to drug traffickers. If I want to visit Singapore I have to abide by the rules. I cannot say that death penalty is a barbaric punishment. Only if I agree with their requirements and conditions will I be permitted to enter the country.
d.The Visa – The primary condition required for any human being to enter Makkah or Madina is to say with his lips,La ila ha illallah Muhammed ur Rasulullahmeaning that ‘there is no God but Allah and Muhammed (pbuh) is His Messenger.’

1 Like

Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by stonemasonn: 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
That's not fair, Mecca was founded and built by mostly pegans and Medina (Yathrib) was founded and built by Jews.

1 Like

Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by Amberon: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
Thank God Donald Trump is coming on board soon. I hope Muslims will understand when he refuses "all" Muslims entry into U.S.A.

3 Likes

Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by Annunaki(m): 9:42am On Mar 22, 2016
Amberon:
Thank God Donald Trump is coming on board soon. I hope Muslims will understand when he refuses "all" Muslims entry into U.S.A.

Very Succint response grin bunch of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:02am On Mar 22, 2016
Two things falsehood hate.
1. Time
2. The person that have the TRUTH with him.

It's so easy to identify the Allaah for who he is. So people of the book who have the truth on who God Almighty is would necessarily be barred
Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by yetunsbay(m): 8:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
If USA visa cn be difficult to have then what's the grudge following Saudis rule 4 entering d holy cities. If made germane to enter y nt say d most easiest (in sha Allah) and beautiful invocatn on earth-la illaha illa lahu Muhammad rosullulah (SAW)
Re: Why Non Muslims Are Not Allowed To Enter Mecca by ritmove(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
yetunsbay:
If USA visa cn be difficult to have then what's the grudge following Saudis rule 4 entering d holy cities. If made germane to enter y nt say d most easiest (in sha Allah) and beautiful invocatn on earth-la illaha illa lahu Muhammad rosullulah (SAW)

I think making clarification of the this restriction is important, the post did not make this clear enough. There is no restriction for any body to enter Saudi Arabia. This is based on Visa and if you apply and issue visa you can enter Saudi Arabia. Many foreigners are in Riyadh and other cities.

Mecca is a city build around religious rites of the Muslim and there is no reason for a non-muslim to be in the city. What the article did not also says is that Nobody including citizen are allowed in mecca during Hajj except with hajj visa. This two cities (mecca and Median) is build around serving people on religion pilgrimage (umurah or Hajj) and this is a strict control of people movement that you can only be in the city for pilgrimage.

Even now as a Muslim, you can only go on Hajj once in five years just to restrict the number of people entering the city during this time. The number of people trouping into these cities needs restrictions. To say you are a Muslim is not written on your head, so if you want to go into the cities there is very little that can be done to prevent you, but you have to go with a umurah or Hajj programme.

But then, why should this restriction bother you, when you have not even peek into your local mosque that has no restriction.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Allah Grant Jesus Power Of Creation? / Jonathan Must Repent And Convert To Islam / Terrorism And Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.