Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership (28450 Views)

Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 / Ese's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed In Court Today / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by KissCODE(m): 2:30pm On Mar 22, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

The offence Yunusa committed is a bailable offence.

And...if you noticed...the sureties....are there to make sure he does not run away.If he does...they could get into legal trouble.

That is why if you do not like certain laws...you contact your legislator to propose laws that would rectify such bad ones.
lolzzz

Please who are the surties?
The only qualification of the person that will surety Yunusa is 3million. Which Kano Emirate & sharia commission will bring without strugle and give to anybody who maybe a nobody to go stand in for Yunusa.
Then Kano will withdraw yunusa from the public and that will be the end.

Loking at all the antics of both Yunusa‘s father & his legal team you will know it is over...
Unless miracle happens
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by ziccoit: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

My dear, don't you think that you are partial in your above statement.
Why didn't you include Nnamdi Kanu? Or is his case not bailable?
Why didn't you include Ibrahim El-Zakzaky
(the shitee leader)? or is his case not bailable?
Note: My argument with you is based on the angle of rule of justice.

I'm not a court bros. I'm only commenting on what court has done now what it failed to do.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Otapipia: 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
In deciding whether or not to grant bail, the court will consider a number of factors, including: 

1.The nature and seriousness of the crime.

2.The character of the defendant, his past criminal record, associations and ties with the community
3.The defendants recorded in regard to his previous commitments to bail conditions
4.The strength of the evidence against the defendant 
. I refer to Bail Act 1976.

Factor 1 talks about the nature and seriousness of the offence. In the instant case, the offence for which the accused is charged for is such a heinous offence, the type that is rapidly gaining ground in our society and if not curbed will lead to a lot of disaster in our nation as a whole.

We are talking about abduction, rape, illicit sexual intercourse with a minor. It is a very serious offence not only against the victims but also against her family especially her parents and the society at large.

Imagine a situation whereby minors who should be in school and under parental care are exposed to sexual slavery.
Every reasonable man on the street ought to know that perpetrators of such offences are are dangerous to their victims and the society at large.

Factor 4 talks about the strength of the evidence against the defendant:
The defendant has confess to the offences he was charged for and the circumstantial evidence and the eye witnesses evidence tendered in court show that indeed the accused committed the offences. The minor whom he raped is even pregnant and he admitted that he's responsible for the pregnancy.

From the factors 1 and 4 above, it is my considered legal opinion that the accused should be remanded in prison custody during his trial.

Thank you.

I quite understand your sentiments and arguments. Remember we are talking about bail and not substantive matters.

In this particular case, bail couldn't have been denied by the learned trial judge. As serious as the offence might be, it is very bailable.

Don't cast aspersion on the integrity of a judge just because you habour a divergent opinion.

Cheers bro.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
KissCODE:
lolzzz

Please who are the surties?
The only qualification of the person that will surety Yunusa is 3million. Which Kano Emirate & sharia commission will bring without strugle and give to anybody who maybe a nobody to go stand in for Yunusa.
Then Kano will withdraw yunusa from the public and that will be the end.

Loking at all the antics of both Yunusa‘s father & his legal team you will know it is over...
Unless miracle happens

As the ruling puts it...the sureties must be

1.Based in Bayelsa state

2.Working in Bayelsa State

From the ruling...
The accused, Yunusa Dahiru, was granted a bail of N3m and two sureties of like sum who must present three years tax-clearance receipts to be verified by the Court Registrar.

The two sureties who must be within the jurisdiction of the Court must be a title holder and a civil servant of grade 12 above.

In other words....a Bayelsa civil servant of grade 12 and above and a Bayelsa traditional ruler....with tax clearance receipts.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by dyn1800: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
Don't mind them......maybe they want the judge to Sentence To death by Hanging

Quakertellicus1:

The offence Yunusa committed is a bailable offence.

And...if you noticed...the sureties....are there to make sure he does not run away.If he does...they could get into legal trouble.

That is why if you do not like certain laws...you contact your legislator to propose laws that would rectify such bad ones.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Nnabugwu8590: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
ziccoit:

I'm not a court bros. I'm only commenting on what court has done now what it failed to do.

Hahaha, my dear, you are very very funny.
On a serious note, I put it to you that you are still partial since you didn't bother to care about what the court did in the past concerning some bailable cases that were politically configured to be unbailable cases.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
I doubt if you are a practising lawyer because if you are, you will know that it is quite risky to grant the accused bail. The accused will most likely abscond, especially when he knows that both the Government, the masses and even the international bodies are very much interested in his case.

Anyway, granting of bail is at the court's discretion, however, the judge has to use such a discretion judiciously and judicially.

Any good prosecutor who knows his onions should be able to convince the judge not to grant the accused bail as that is most likely going to be disastrous.

If you have more argument to make in this case, you can channel your attention towards contacting Yunusa so that you can defend him pro bono (free of charge).

Am not here to compete on who a better lawyer is.

I rest my case.

Otapipia:

I quite understand your sentiments and arguments. Remember we are talking about bail and not substantive matters.

In this particular case, bail couldn't have been denied by the learned trial judge. As serious as the offence might be, it is very bailable.

Don't cast aspersion on the integrity of a judge just because you habour a divergent opinion.

Cheers bro.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thanks.

teegrams:

Nicely said
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
My dear he can. The infamous Emir of Kano State (Sanusi) will take care of that.

Quite pathetic.

fabulousmann:
yunusa cannot meet the bail condition. this is where the judge offers with right hand n collect with the left hand.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
In other words you are saying it is right to circumvent justice in order to please the Muslim community?

Where was the Muslim community when Yunusa and many others abducted many under aged girls and turned them into their sex slaves?

SMH.

Mike008:

I think it is a sound ruling.
Like you said, if the Muslim community are interested in the case then it will raise further eyebrows if the accused person is denied bail, considering the opposing lawyer also remarked so.
If bail is denied, many from the Muslim community will never consider it a matter of law, but a matter religious sentiments.
The less this matter bears a religious aura the better the outcome.
And because it is purely a matter of law, nothing prevents the courts in its entirety in granting bail as in the circumstance.
What is paramount is that the accused will attend his trial and am sure the terms of bail will see to that.
I see nothing wrong with the ruling.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2016
Is that the issue?

What makes you think Sanusi can't help him with it?

Obynolee:

Do you think the accused can meet the conditions of the bail?
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Obynolee(f): 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
Is that the issue?

What makes you think Sanusi can't help him with it?

It is an issue, how about the surties?
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Otapipia: 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
I doubt if you are a practising lawyer because if you are, you will know that it is quite risky to grant the accused bail. The accused will most likely abscond, especially when he knows that both the Government, the masses and even the international bodies are very much interested in his case.

Anyway, granting of bail is at the court's discretion, however, the judge has to use such a discretion judiciously and judicially.

Any good prosecutor who knows his onions should be able to convince the judge not to grant the accused bail as that is most likely going to be disastrous.

If you have more argument to make in this case, you can channel your attention towards contacting Yunusa so that you can defend him pro bono (free of charge).

Am not here to compete on who a better lawyer is.

I rest my case.

Shocked to know you're a lawyer. I have no arguments to make in this case and I will not render an unsolicited consultancy to Yunusa. He has been granted bail and rightly so.

As a member of the Bar which you claim to be, it's wrong to cast aspersions on the integrity of a judge for any reason. Just take a hint.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by ziccoit: 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

Hahaha, my dear, you are very very funny.
On a serious note, I put it to you that you are still partial since you didn't bother to care about what the court did in the past concerning some bailable cases that were politically configured to be unbailable cases.

Don't let us go that route bros, you may end up hating me if I choose to follow your line of argument.

Have a nice day.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 3:58pm On Mar 22, 2016
Let me tell you what you don't know or maybe you are purposely feigning ignorance of:

Though Yunusa is not the first Northern Muslim to abduct/rape a Southern Christian girl and converted her to a Muslim, his case is the 1st popularised of such cases and still the most popularised up till now.

Potential Christian female minor abductors are watching to see how this case goes. If the case is treated with kid gloves like you are advocating for, they may dare the little consequences and abduct girls in the future, knowing fully well that the courts will grant them bail and that their lawyers can delay the trial, meaning they can be free to roam about and abduct/rape more girls so long as the case lingers.

This matter must be handled well and the judge should not be sentimental towards the accused so as to serve as a deterrent to potential abductors.

MadCow1:

What circumstances?

The Emir is not involved. He gave his ruling that the girl be released to her parents from the very first day that matter was brought to his attention so why are you insistent on dragging the Emir's name in the mud?

Every criminal granted bail has the ability to be a flight risk so why should Yinusa be treated any differently? angry

I hate the double standards you are advocating be used for this case.

Two men of the 6 involved in raping those teenagers in Ebonyi, one of whom later died in the hospital were granted bail, why should Yinusa be treated worse than them?

Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Coolgent(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2016
I don hear dis one but wait how comes yunusa got 2 sureties of level 12? Where did he got the money to pay for lawyer? As for 3millions naira i know say some nairalanders are major contributors
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by MadCow1: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
Let me tell you what you don't know or maybe you are purposely feigning ignorance of:

Though Yunusa is not the first Northern Muslim to abduct a Southern Christian girl, converted her to a Muslim, turned her into his sex slave thereby impregnated her, his case is the 1st popularised of such cases and still the most popularised up till now.

Potential Christian female minors are watching to see how this case goes. If the case is treated with kid gloves, they will dare the little consequences and abduct girls in the future, knowing fully well that the courts will grant them bail and that their lawyers can delay the trial, meaning they can be free to roam about and abduct/rape more girls so long as the case lingers.

This matter must be handled well and the judge should not be sentimental towards the accused so as to serve as a deterrent to potential abductors.

You shot yourself in the foot with this post.. grin grin grin I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. Easy on your use of 'Feigning Ignorance', especially when you are about to speak on a subject you are not fully equipped to discuss.

First of all, you say the judge should not be sentimental yet everything you have written in your post reeks of nothing but sheer sentiments. grin Thank God you are not the Judge or on the jury (assuming this was a trial by Jury matter).

Listen Madam, go and find out why the legal symbol for justice worldwide has a blindfolded lady...

That means Justice does not pay attention to anything else other than the facts. Its not interested in if Christian little girls are watching, if the Muslims are watching or whatever else you feel or are feeling.

Yinusa's case is not as straight forward as you think. The Prosecution still has the burden of proof to establish here. If you think its going to be easy, then you have no idea about Law and/or legal process.

Yinusa is charged with the following offences;

abduction,
coercion,
seduction into illicit intercourse,
sexual exploitation
and unlawful carnal knowledge of a Minor.

Yinusa under the law is entitled to have legal representation and is entitled to a free and fair hearing devoid of and bias or sentiments.

Under the law, there are actually a hand full of cases where the Judge is statutorily obligated to deny bail mostly in cases involving murder, attempted murder and rape. But even then, a Judge can grant bail at his discretion in almost all cases especially if the defendant does not pose a flight risk and is a first time offender.

So why should Yinusa be denied bail just because it goes against the feelings of a few?

If his Lawyers decide to exploit the legal loopholes and gets the case thrown out on a technicality (Which can happen), why shouldn't he?

If you must hold anybody to ransom, hold the prosecution.. Not the judge and not the defense attorney. If the prosecution fails to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, Yinusa Yellow would walk away Scott free and under the rule of Double jeopardy, you cant try a person twice for the same offense.

Dont hate the player darling, hate the game.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Mykelpato(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
Buhari sef... Nawa for this country.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
You can keep talking out of point and copy and paste as much as you like. The fact remains that Yunusa should not have been granted bail in this case.

You are entitled to your opinion but you can't impose it on me. Am talking from the angle of a Chief State Counsel who has been prosecuting criminals and accused persons for long. If you are laughing about the few omissions which I later modified, then you must be really childish.

I have a legal opinion am working on, and I come here intermittently to ease off so I may not have time to edit my comments before posting.

There are always two sides to a case: the side of the defence and the side of the prosecution.

You are here to defend your party but I am on the side of justice.

Yunusa's act is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and must be condemned by all men and women of goodwill.

You may keep impressing your pay masters for more rice and brown envelope. I have better things to do.

BYE.

MadCow1:

You shot yourself in the foot with this post.. grin grin grin I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. Easy on your use of 'Feigning Ignorance', especially when you are about to speak on a subject you are not fully equipped to discuss.

First of all, you say the judge should not be sentimental yet everything you have written in your post reeks of nothing but sheer sentiments. grin Thank God you are not the Judge or on the jury (assuming this was a trial by Jury matter).

Listen Madam, go and find out why the legal symbol for justice worldwide has a blindfolded lady...

That means Justice does not pay attention to anything else other than the facts. Its not interested in if Christian little girls are watching, if the Muslims are watching or whatever else you feel or are feeling.

Yinusa's case is not as straight forward as you think. The Prosecution still has the burden of proof to establish here. If you think its going to be easy, then you have no idea about Law and/or legal process.

Yinusa is charged with the following offences;

abduction,
coercion,
seduction into illicit intercourse,
sexual exploitation
and unlawful carnal knowledge of a Minor.

Yinusa under the law is entitled to have legal representation and is entitled to a free and fair hearing devoid of and bias or sentiments.

Under the law, there are actually a hand full of cases where the Judge is statutorily obligated to deny bail mostly in cases involving murder, attempted murder and rape. But even then, a Judge can grant bail at his discretion in almost all cases especially if the defendant does not pose a flight risk and is a first time offender.

So why should Yinusa be denied bail just because it goes against the feelings of a few?

If his Lawyers decide to exploit the legal loopholes and gets the case thrown out on a technicality (Which can happen), why shouldn't he?

If you must hold anybody to ransom, hold the prosecution.. Not the judge and not the defense attorney. If the prosecution fails to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, Yinusa Yellow would walk away Scott free and under the rule of Double jeopardy, you cant try a person twice for the same offense.

Dont hate the player darling, hate the game.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
You can talk to the hand.

Otapipia:

Shocked to know you're a lawyer. I have no arguments to make in this case and I will not render an unsolicited consultancy to Yunusa. He has been granted bail and rightly so.

As a member of the Bar which you claim to be, it's wrong to cast aspersions on the integrity of a judge for any reason. Just take a hint.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
It is the easiest thing to arrange, especially with a judge who already appears to be biased.

Obynolee:

It is an issue, how about the surties?
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Otapipia: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
You can talk to the hand.

Haba, Mr. Lawyer grin grin cool
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by MadCow1: 5:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
You can keep talking out of point and copy and paste as much as you like. The fact remains that Yunusa should not have been granted bail in this case.

Not a Fact.. In law, you must base everything upon the provision of the law..

Just because Mr. Tunde Bakare says we should chop off Yinusa' diick, does not make chopping off dicks a 'FACT OF LAW'. grin

So can you kindly tell us what law barrs the judge from granting bail to Yinusa?

amtaken:
You are entitled to your opinion but you can't impose it on me. Am talking from the angle of a Chief State Counsel who has been prosecuting criminals and accused persons for long. If you are laughing about the few omissions which I later modified, then you must be really childish.

I didnt give you an opinion I pulled out of thin air, I gave you the statutes of LAW! Since you are a Public prosecutor as you claim, can you tell us from your legal experience on what LEGAL basis would you ask the judge to deny Mr. Yinusa bail.

amtaken:
I have a legal opinion am working on, and I come here intermittently to ease off so I may not have time to edit my comments before posting.

I will be interested in reading it when you are done. Hopefully its better presented and devoid of sentiments unlike this and your previous post.

amtaken:
There are always two sides to a case: the side of the defence and the side of the prosecution.

You are here to defend your party but I am on the side of justice.

You are not on the side of justice just because you say you are Madam. Justice is devoid of sentiment and thats what you have consistently presented as your case. The Accused did not murder his victim, did not ry to run even when the spotlight was on him, did not resist arrest and has been coporative from the beginning of this case and yet you have a problem with him being granted bail in a bailable case.. grin grin

What Justice are you talking about? The justice that denies Yinusa access to due process of law or what?

grin grin

amtaken:
Yunusa's act is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and must be condemned by all men and women of goodwill.

You think I am defending his act? grin Again, you betray your claim to being a "Chief State Counsel"..

Nothing in my post (Both this and the previous) has given off any inclination that I support or condone the charges being brought against Yinusa. But though I dont support it, I will not stand on the side of bias and deny him access to due legal process.

In this case, and all other cases like this, the ONUS (Meaning: Burden of Prooof) lies squarely on the prosecution. If the Prosecution fails to make their case, Yinusa would walk away Free.

amtaken:
You may keep impressing your pay masters for more rice and brown envelope. I have better things to do.

BYE.

Madam Chief State counsel.. I have met Secondary School students that can put up a better legal argument than this sentiment filled drivel you have posted so far.

When someone is beating you intellectually in a debate, its really not a smart move to divulge into insults as no matter the insults you hurl at your opponent, your opinion would not appear more intelligible than they actually are.. cool

I hope the better things you have doing involved getting a proper education that includes the ability to reason broadly and without sentiments cos so far, you have failed miserably in your bid to prove why Mr. Yinusa should be denied bail.. cool

P.S: I am not even a Lawyer, let alone a "Chief State Counsel" yet I just schooled you in law.. cool

Sentiments really does becloud better judgement.

Thanks for stopping by Kimosabe.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Let me know when you are ready to talk like a human being because for now you are typing from a paid e-rat point of view.

I can only deduce one thing from the jargon you wrote: you did not read my comment where I quoted the Bail Act 1976 and stated four factors that can lead to non-granting of bail to an accused person by a court, and also argued my case based on factors 1 and 4.

You may need to search for that comment above as I cannot keep going back and forth to please an Aisha rice eater and a brown envelope hunter.

You are free to say whatever you like about me, it doesn't in any way change who I am.

I AM WHO I AM AND WHO YOU PERCEIVE ME TO BE MATTERS NOT.

I see that you have deviated from the matter at hand to some childish stuff and trust me I won't tour that slippery route with you.

Do not quote me again, unless of course you enjoy being ignored.

Let me even look at your moniker for the 1st time so that I will shun your silly comments. You can go ahead and talk to the hand. I have better things to do with my time.

Cheers!

MadCow1:

Not a Fact.. In law, you must base everything upon the provision of the law..

So can you kindly tell us what law barrs the judge from granting bail to Yinusa?

I didnt give you an opinion I pulled out of thin air, I gave you the statutes of LAW! Since you are a Public prosecutor as you claim, can you tell us from your legal experience on what LEGAL basis would you ask the judge to deny Mr. Yinusa bail.

I will be interested in reading it when you are done. Hopefully its better presented and devoid of sentiments unlike this and your previous post.

You are not on the side of justice just because you say you are Madam. Justice is devoid of sentiment and thats what you have consistently presented as your case. The Accused did not murder his victim, did not ry to run even when the spotlight was on him, did not resist arrest and has been coporative from the beginning of this case and yet you have a problem with him being granted bail in a bailable case.. grin grin

What Justice are you talking about? The justice that denies Yinusa access to due process of law or what?

grin grin

You think I am defending his act? grin Again, you betray your claim to being a "Chief State Counsel"..

Nothing in my post (Both this and the previous) has given off any inclination that I support or condone the charges being brought against Yinusa. But though I dont support it, I will not stand on the side of bias and deny him access to due legal process.

Madam Chief State counsel.. I have met Secondary School students that can put up a better legal argument than this sentiment filled drivel you have posted so far.

I hope the better things you have doing involved getting a proper education that includes the ability to reason broadly and without sentiments cos so far, you have failed miserably in your bid to prove why Mr. Yinusa should be denied bail.. cool

P.S: I am not even a Lawyer, let alone a "Chief State Counsel" yet I just schooled you in law.. cool

Sentiments really do becloud better judgement.

Thanks for stopping by Kimosabe.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by fabulousmann(f): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
My dear he can. The infamous Emir of Kano State (Sanusi) will take care of that.

Quite pathetic.

I don't ddi emir can do anything abt this one. do u knw the bail conditions?
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2016
Yes I do. Which part of the bail condition do you think the Emir can't handle?

fabulousmann:
I don't ddi emir can do anything abt this one. do u knw the bail conditions?
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by MadCow1: 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
Let me know when you are ready to talk like a human being because for now you are typing from a paid e-rat point of view.[

I have been civil with you in all my post except for where you decided it was a smart move to insult me.. grin Still, I responded to you with more respect than you actually deserve.

amtaken:
I can only deduce one thing from the jargon you wrote: you did not read my comment where I quoted the Bail Act 1976 and stated four factors that can lead to non-granting of bail to an accused person by a court, and also argued my case based on factors 1 and 4.

Lol.. I quoted you in all my response to you.. You may edit your posts later but I know I read your post before responding and you made no mention of any such Bail act..

However, Be that as it may;

1. The Bail act of 1976 is based on UK law not NIGERIAN LAW which is the jurisdiction under which this case is being heard.

2. I took the liberty to call up the U.K Bail Act of 1976 and I cant find what "FACTORS' you are refering to.. In law you quote articles, sections and sub-sections.. Which exactly are you refering to.. Below is the link to the UK Bail Act of 1976.. Fire away

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1976/63

amtaken:
You may need to search for that comment above as I cannot keep going back and forth to please an Aisha rice eater and a brown envelope hunter.

Aisha Rice eater.. grin

Really?! undecided

grin

You are free to say whatever you like about me, it doesn't in any way change who I am.
I AM WHO I AM AND WHO YOU PERCEIVE ME TO BE MATTERS NOT.

Your post goes a long way to describe you to your readers.. And your post my dear, betrays everything you claim to be. grin

amtaken:
I see that you have deviated from the matter at hand to some childish stuff and trust me I won't tour that slippery route with you.

See who is trying to take the high road all of a sudden... grin

Its too late to act like a lady darling.. You already acted like a tramp in your last post. grin

amtaken:
Do not quote me again, unless of course you enjoy being ignored.

Let me even look at your moniker for the 1st time so that I will shun your silly comments. You can go ahead and talk to the hand. I have better things to do with my time.

Cheers!

Hahahahaa...

Thats rich.. After three posts, she now notices the Moniker. grin

Goodluck in whatever it is you actually do cos with your Intelligence Quotient, God knows you would need all the luck you can get.

So long Chief State Counsel Kimosabe. grin
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by MadCow1: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Otapipia:

Shocked you said.. grin

Biitch is actually dumber than a 5 grader. grin
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

There should be a clear difference between "the accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty" and "free until guilty verdict is pronounced by a competent court".

So, Yellow is not guilty yet while Nnamdi Kalu is guilty and is likely to commit the same crime if granted bail as pronounced by a Judge?

There is disparity in the these two decisions were pronounced and certainly one or both Judges are being tele-guilded.

Bail is a right to an extent until guilty verdict is pronounced by a competent court. However, the application should be universal without external influence.

Wailing wailer tongue
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Obynolee(f): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
amtaken:
It is the easiest thing to arrange, especially with a judge who already appears to be biased.

How has he appeared biased?, they can arrange a title holder within the jurisdiction of the court?.Remember that if the trial judge refused bail application, an appeal can be made and a higher court can grant the bail.I think the judge is reasonable or has done well in granting the accused bail with such stringent conditions.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by Osyabj: 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
Count 5 of Yinusa's charges is punishable by Life Imprisonment, therefore his bail should have been denied. The real recipient and rappist of Ese, Paedophile Sanusi, will see that the trafficker does not return to trial. If anything happens to the Trafficker Yinusa, while on bail, you can bee sure that Sanusi arranged it.

Here are the charges against the Child Trafficker for money who boasted that he trafficked Ese to paedophile Sanusi and that Sanusi will make him rich!!! Watch this AIT video now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_VdzmtLeZQ&itct=CAsQpDAYASITCJ-n2tf5nssCFdG7fgod_lQKWlISZXNlIG9ydXJ1IGFiZHVjdGVk&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google

Child Trafficker for Money, Yinusa ‘s Charges and Punishments:

Count 1: “That you Yunusa Dahiru, …Conspired among yourself to commit an offence to wit: Abduction and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 27 (a) of the Trafficking in Persons (prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015.
Punishment : 5 Years in Prison and 500,000 Naira fine.

Count 2: “That you Yunusa Dahiru, …abducted one Rita Ese Oruru ‘f’ aged 14 years by means of coercion, transported and harboured her in Kano state and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 13 (2) (b) of the Trafficking in Persons (prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015
Punishment: 2 or More years in Prison and 250,000 Naira or more in fine..

Count 3: “That you Yunusa Dahiru,… induced one Rita Ese Oruru ‘f’ aged 14 years by the use of deception and coercion to go with you from Yenagoa to Kano state with intent that she be forced or seduced into illicit intercourse and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 15 (a) of the Trafficking in Persons (prohibition) Enforcement Administration Act, 2015.
Punishment: 5 Years in Prison and 500,000 Naira fine

Count 4: “That you Yunusa Dahiru, …procured one Rita Ese Oruru ‘f’ aged 14 years and subjected her into sexual exploitation in Kano state and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 16 (1) of the Trafficking in person (prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015.
Punishment: 7 Years or More in Prison and 1 million Naira or more in fine

Count 5: That you Yunusa, … had unlawful carnal knowledge of one Rita Ede Oruru ‘f’ aged 14 years, without her consent and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 357 of the Criminal Code Act and punishable under section 358 of the Criminal Code Act, Cap. C. 38, Laws of the Federation of Nigerian, 2004.
Punishment: Imprisonment for life, with or without caning.

Due to national outrage upon conviction, the Trafficker, Yinusa will get between 50 years to Life Imprisonment if convicted on Count 5 alone. So anyone supporting this case of Child trafficking, kidnapping, Abduction, Rape, Slavery and Sexual ritual in Emir of kano, Sanusi's palace must be a Paedophile.

So Ese is a case of Child trafficking, kidnapping, Abduction, by Yinusa, and a case of Rape, Slavery and Sexual ritual by Paedophile Emir of kano, Sanusi. Period.

Where as the child trafficker for money, Yinusa may get 50 years to Life imprisonment for his trafficking, the Serial Paedophile, Sanusi who was the Real Reciepient of Ese, who drugged, rapped and imprignated her, right inside his palace in Kano, may never be jailed for a day. Thats the sad commentary on Nigeria Criminal Justice system.

Now it appears a compromised judge bribed by Paedophile sanusi's hired 5 SANs will make the trafficker escape justice. In advanced democracies a high profile, national case that attracts Life Imprisonment will NEVER will granted bail. The risk of flight outweighs the right to bail. Keeping the trafficker for money, Yinusa in jail during trial is part of the punishment, where he told the world after his arraignment that he had carnal knowledge with a minor...which is rape. Sad, Sad, Sad.
Re: Ese Oruru’s Parents Stage Walkout As Court Grants Yunusa Bail-the Leadership by amtaken(f): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Right of Appeal by the defendant does not stop the judge from doing the right thing.

Arranging for a title holder is one of the simplest things to do.

Am done with this thread.

Am not a paid e-rat so I can't spend the whole day on this matter.

Have a good night rest.

Obynolee:

How has he appeared biased?, they can arrange a title holder within the jurisdiction of the court?.Remember that if the trial judge refused bail application, an appeal can be made and a higher court can grant the bail.I think the judge is reasonable or has done well in granting the accused bail with such stringent conditions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Weed Seller, Dosumu Ayomide Accused Of Multiple Scams (screenshots) / Slay Queen Caught On CCTV Camera Stealing Dress Outside A Boutique In Lagos / Man Who Stole Gas Cylinder In Rivers Stripped, Paraded With It On His Head (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.