Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth (860 Views)

An Insight On Benue Killings And Thought Provoking Issues On Cattle Breeding / Okonjo Iweala Asks Yoruba Graduates A Thought Provoking Question / FG Provoking Ndigbo Everyday – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by Kay03: 10:08am On Mar 22, 2016
I saw this on my friends wall and decided to share with nairalanders
Truth is, our generation is so unlucky to have these set of predecessors. With all due respect to my elders, I am not very proud of the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's generation. They ruined their time and want to ruin ours too.
When they were kids, the whole community contributed to send them to school but during our time, some of us had to struggle to put ourselves through school.
Once they graduated, it didn't matter the type of results they graduated with, they had several options of where to work, some had to choose between Shell, University Lecturing, Ministry and the like. They didn't have to write aptitude tests in stages, write personality tests in stages, attend assessment center, scale through 1st, 2nd and 3rd interviews, write elimination exams at training schools, they were literally begged to work for any chosen establishment. But in our time, even the smartest minds with 1st Class results, even MSc and PhD holders are sitting at home, constantly studying and endlessly job-searching.
They had everything on a platter of gold but instead of preparing grounds for the generations ahead, they decided to embezzle everything and leave us in the hands of "luck" and "providence". They did that much harm to us and we still scaled through and survived through resilience and high-spirited-ness. Wisdom and good conscience advised them saying: "Oga, you alone ate all that belonged to you and your generation when you were in power, and even ate over 1/2 of what was meant for the next generations, please leave them to pick up and manage the small they have left and try to make some sense out of their life". Greed said, "why not take everything?". People even steal money meant for pensioners and even HIV drugs meant for the vulnerable just because they are in power?
Are they smarter than we are? Hell No. We have done even greater things than they would even dream of achieving despite having so small to work with.
Some of us saw clearly that the nation has nothing to offer us and decided to embrace entrepreneurship but somehow, they invented policies that drove a lot of young entrepreneurs out of business. There is no capacity for producing things in Nigeria but they made importation too expensive even when purchasing power is so low. This now seems like they against us, not really like PDP against APC, it's now PDP and APC against you and I. They even turned us against each other, made us spend useful time cursing ourselves for them instead of brainstorming on how to solve the world energy challenge, feed every one, make CLEAN WATER AVAILABLE TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD, find a cure for HIV, Cancer, Ebola and the like, etc.
I am not initiating a revolt against our leaders, predecessors, parents and grandparents, neither am I trying to test my writing skills (which I'm very sure isn't good enough for the papers), rather, I am penning this article from the bottom of my heart to beg our youth to stop helping these ones in their resolve to fool us and take what rightfully belongs to us. Let's spend more time on things that will make our world better and that of the generations after us. Let's focus on real topics like energy, cancer, hunger, CLEAN WATER, terrorism, etc. Also, when next you go to the polls, try to vote for the youngest candidates. I'd rather be misled by my mate that be misled by the same person that misled my parent and even grand-parent.
WE NEED TO SAVE OUR WORLD AND MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE FOR YOU AND FOR ME AND FOR GENERATIONS UNBORN.
I am sorry for making you read this long article, forgive me if it sounds stupid but thanks anyway for reading till the end.
- Charles Bassey Adautin
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by fbtowner(m): 10:32am On Mar 22, 2016
op you did a great job by sharing this. may God continue to bless u and even bless you more

I just hope that our youths will listen as for me if I have to vote at all. I'm voting for the youngest aspirant. at any post seems all this old fools (forgive me) will not change or even have the masses in mind. once again God bless u and the writer

there use to be a saying that. the elder can not be at large and the head of a new born baby should get bent

also that. what an elder sees while sitting a child will not see even if he climb a ladder he won't see

let me burst your bubble. what we youths of the 21st century sees while sitting down with access to science and tech. the elders can't see even if they climb mtn Marx so its time we take our destiny in our hand. and forget about all this fallacious sayings.

2 Likes

Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by rawpadgin(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2016
Some inconsequential fools will still be fighting demselve here because of those rogues

1 Like

Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by ogmaskman: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2016
Not many of them(the youths) will read this. Write about wike, Amaechi, buhari or any other spent canon, the resultant traffic will bring down nairaland server. What a generation.
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by Kay03: 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2016
For the Nigerian youth, this is brain cracking time because it is quite obvious that our elders have failed us. It's a pity that Nigerian youths now see things through the North / South , Christian / Moslem , APC / PDP prism. Let us wrest ourselves from these primordial sentiments and work hard towards a greater Nigeria.
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by junnyjake(m): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
great write up op, really inspiring
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by MrcuteOscar: 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
I call for Followership,not leadership as a framework to going into our future
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
Op I couldn't hav said it better.......kudos..............................................but very soon wait for those buhari sef nd gej sef to see this...............then u will realize their case is more spiritual dan physical.........d mind boggling part is they are jobless, hungry, and frustrated yet they support their task masters
Re: A Thought Provoking Write Up For Every Nigerian Youth by femnet29(m): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mr kay, I have fruit of pineapple in large quantities 08066725994

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Finally Creates 3 Million Jobs In The Ministry Of Petroleum Resources.. / The Numerous Achievements Of President Buhari So Far / Buhari Met With Principal Officers Of Senate & House Of Representative{photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.