Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why CAN Needs Pst. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo Or Pst. Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why CAN Needs Pst. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo Or Pst. Bakare (644 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "You See Where Change Has Brought Us Since 2015" / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / Bishop Oyedepo's Sons And Son-in-law Rock Agbada To Faith Oyedepo 60th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why CAN Needs Pst. Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo Or Pst. Bakare by LegalIcon: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2016
It is no longer news that the tenure of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor is gradually winding up, hence there has been lots of politicking in the country. As much as I am aware that CAN already has a firm procedure for electing its executive members and posibly, there are those who are already part of the system, who may want to get to their 'next level' in the leadership of Nigerian Christians, CAN should consider some fundamental issues that are presently disturbing the Christian body in Nigeria. Some of these issues are : 1- Subtle and steady Islamisation of Nigeria. As much as I still believe that President Buhari believes in the existence of Nigeria as a secular state, they are some powerful elements, politicians, traditional rulers, business moguls who are now stopping at nothing in carrying out the barbaric Agenda. Now that Nigeria is becoming very desirous of associating with the Islamic world, we need a very outspoken, incorruptible, exemplary, disciplined and uncompromising Christian leader that has the respect of all Nigerian Christians to serve as a voice for the Christians who are fast becoming defenceless. The recently proposed Anti Christ Bill in Kaduna State is a pointer to this fact. 2- Increasing Southern (Christian) Children Abduction and Forceful Marriage - This obnoxious thing is on a very dangerous increase in recent times. You will agree with me that majority of the girls abducted so far are Christians from the Southern part of the country. While I commend some Muslim leaders who have condemned the abominable act, I still feel Christian leaders need to start taking steps to forestall possible future occurrence of such madness. 3- The Increasing Damage To The Image of Christianity and Its Leaders. Now that we have a lot of criminals in Pastor's flesh, Fake Men of God, Pastor-turned contractors and politicians, I strongly recommend a leader who can instil discipline and sanity into Chrustiandom, an acceptable leader who can show and maintain unyielding indignant towards madness currently disturbing Christianity in Nigeria. 4- Absence of Unity Among Nigerian Christians - This problem has almost come to stay among Christians, as Christians continue to split along different denominations, interests and beliefs on daily basis. I think Christians desperately need a bridge builder. Having addressed the present challenges of Christianity, I will briefly comment on the Christian leaders mentioned above. 1- Pst. E. A. Adeboye - The world acclaimed man of God to me is the most suitable. With a ministry (RCCG) widely adjudged to be the largest church in the world, Pst Adeboye commands respects across the world. He has never been mentioned in any controversy and he is loved and revered by all. Infact, he was named among the world's most powerful people. The only thing that may hinder him in the CAN assignment is his age, as baba, as he is fondly called is in his late 70s. 2 - Bishop Oyedepo - Believe me, I love this man despite not being a member of his church. He is a confirmed son of the John the Baptist (Who taketh things by force) Some say he is controversial, but I think he is only being real, exemplary, fearless, patriotic and a positive impact on Christians worldwide. He is so rich like Pst Adeboye that he cannot fall for any Dollar or juicy offer or be a puppet to the northern powerful force who are not even Christians. God has blessed him like Baba Adeboye so much that they can never compromise. 3- Pst. Tunde Bakare - While it remains a common knowledge that Pst Bakare is close to PMB, I think he still remains an uncompromising Christian leader. He is very brave, courageous, sincere and incorruptible. He is also not a bigot or a fanatic. He fought the Jonathan administration over some issues of National interests. Infact, one can say that he was also part of those who brought Jonathan reign to an end. However, when it comes to business (God's work) he doesn't mix business with pleasure ( sentiments, bigotry, compromise etc). He will be a good voice for the Christians.

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Life? / Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (photo+video) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.