Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,876 members, 7,810,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. (14099 Views)

5.2ml OBS Engine RTA Review ( Thoughts & Opinions ) / Review This | Let Me Know Your Thoughts / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Nobody: 1:40am On Mar 23, 2016
Hey guys . . . Teempakguy here.

I initially wanted to write out A Full Article on What I think about Bionic, cybernetics, and so on. BUTT, I have serious pain in my fingers on my left hand. effectively meaning I had to type with my right hand only. which means I had to type less stuff.

So, what is Cyborg technology? Basically, this a field of tech that focuses on merging humans with machines.

Imagine being as strong as superman, being able to see though things. being able to surf the internet just by thinking, being able to watch movies(and katy perry's extraterrestrial ) by just thinking it. the technology is currently in development. However, I want us to think of a further future. Think of a place where machines have become so Ingrained into human life, that your average human is really just half machine, half bio-things.
Such Humans would have amazing capabilities, But, it could be rather awry for some. Ray Kurzweil estimates that this situation will immerse at around 2050. So, here is my question, What are your thoughts on this future?

Would you be happy to live as an enhanced Half Robotic transhuman, Plus all the superpowers that come with it. Such as Super strength, Increased Intelligence, Longer life, Insane Anaerobic endurance, and increased beauty,

OR, would you be content to live and die as a "pure" human? Do your religious Veiws have any say in this?

And what about the sociopolitical climate in such a world? how do you think we will pay for things? what will happen to Gyms and hair saloons? cheesy

Lemme know what you think.

Part of a series on
Cyborgs
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3524497_unknownengraverhumanivictusinstrumentaarscoquinariawga23954_jpegb411a272bd4a025273f3246498768b06 Photo credit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by mrphysics(m): 6:33am On Mar 23, 2016
Tempakguy, the implication of such a technology is enormous. it may be abused, it will cause war, fight and superiority contest.

It means, we have indirectly created an advanced robot, women during sex will tend to suffer or enjoy it as the case maybe.

Anyway, let me sit here and learn.

Lalasticlala, seun, ujsizzle, olajuomoke is here with a big snake she killed.

Modified: this FTC is dedicated to the op Tempakguy for his intelligence. He is a great Physicist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by UjSizzle(f): 10:08am On Mar 23, 2016
I agree with mrphysics. Given the human ability to abuse the most beautiful gifts and technology, I know this enhanced superhuman ability will have as much negative effect as positive ones.

Is there an established standard for weighing impact?

If this pulls through, will there be laws to check excesses and how effective will they be?

I do like the idea with regards to medical science and it's potential impact in improving human lives.

Still I enjoy being human with my machine parts handheld tongue Ain't no cyborg attachments to me body. Reminds me of G.I Joe btw

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by taurus25(m): 10:22am On Mar 23, 2016
well i think usage of such technolgy would be inevitable.....especially in military, the arms race is crazy among world powers..imagine how deadly sodiers with such tech would be..
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2016
I am 100% bio and i would love to stay that way.

The limits of my abilities as a biological organism makes it all the more worth while and enjoyable.

In the case of cybernetic i'd say even though it will improve human life a bit there is no doubt it will be the beginning of an end.

We will be fully integrated into a virtual world and less or no relationship with the natural world.

And if this is so, are we still Natural entities or have we by ourselves turned our own being into artificial machines in an artificial virtual reality?

I say "NO" to that i'd rather remain traditional, fully human and 100% bio.

And enjoy the abilities that comes with being an organic entity and tinker and fantasize over my limits .. That's the fun smiley

This said, i'd also like to point out that the "smartphone" era is also turning the 21st century humans into miniature cyborgs fully dedicated to the digital world of their phones.

they'd rather watch pictures of nature on their smartphone than drop it go outside and see nature first hand.

We should always know the limits of our advancement!!!

Nuclear technology i see as one of the most expensive mistakes humanity ever made in my own opinion.

even though it is of high importance and an enormous contributor to human development.

Through it mankind derived it's greatest threat yet, that the whole earth could be annihilated by the push of some few buttons, that reality to me is frightening and a reminder that mankind does not know when to stop.

We by ourselves will become our own undoing and i am inclined to think this cyborg tech will also have enormous negative threat on our continuous existence!!!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2016
mrphysics:
Tempakguy, the implication of such a technology is enormous. it may be abused, it will cause war, fight and superiority contest.

It means, we have indirectly created and advanced robot, women during sex will tend to suffer or enjoy it as the case maybe.

Anyway, let me sit here and learn.

Lalasticlala, seun, ujsizzle, olajuomoke is here with a big snake she killed.
That's right sir... Humans are unpredictable, effectively making them the most dangerous and most destructive creatures. When improvising anything, we must always take human nature into account, 'cause it cannot be underestimated. Otherwise, we end up improvising what we won't be able to handle... We musn't be so naive as to give the controversial and complex human nature a free pass, when it comes to things of this sort...
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 11:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Ayomikun37:
That's right sir... Humans are unpredictable, effectively making them the most dangerous and most destructive creatures. When improvising anything, we must always take human nature into account, 'cause it cannot be underestimated. Otherwise, we end up improvising what we won't be able to handle... We musn't be so naive as to give the controversial and complex human nature a free pass, when it comes to things of this sort...

Humans are the number 1 threat to this planet!!!

Nature is always chaotic and dangerous to itself, nature thrives on annihilating of old values for newer ones to emerge.

Though there are many factors abound in nature that are detrimental to survival of living organisms i'd say humans are natures number 1 tool in achieving that ...

We are nature's most effective tool in killing ourselves and other organisms!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by RobinHez(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
As mere humans u can see the mess the world is in right now, then u wanna empower the human race with super-abilities? There will be no Order from the ensued Chaos. sad
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by sukkot: 1:50pm On Mar 23, 2016
very interesting because you have just described the spiritual body that will be inherited by the raptured. like back in the garden of eden era, the raptured lived up to 1000 years which is the era of methuselah. but because of sin our lifespan was reduced to at most 120 years as referenced in genesis chpter 6. those with these cyborg bodies in the garden of eden era were called nephilim.

it was those with these cyborg bodies who built the pyramids ( lifting those heavy stones easily ) and the sphinx and stonehenge .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by sexymoma(f): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ladies be like
i dont care if na cyborg so far e get money... i can go into a relationship with him tongue

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
No No No.

I am 100% against it, it's better humans have create and have control over machine than Cyborg integration.

What We shud be tinking about how d human body function and how to beat death before 2050.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by agitator: 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
ok grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
As long as "cyborg doesn't sleep with my wife when am not around.. cheesy

*modified*
What's the difference between Cyborg and Nairaland Mods

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by paul02: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
still thinking

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by tgmservice: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2016
If u what to discuss cyborg u beta go to a chinese forum na we wey dey hustle 4 food to chop go dey discuss cyborg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Godsate: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
To be super brilliant.

Not like :

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by ShakurM(m): 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
The idea is promising, think of the use during wars therefore replacing human labour or for test drives of any sort. It would be like a video game in real life

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by BE811APP: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2016
How e take affect us for dis 9ja shocked
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by ademega(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
we Christians we soon start a campaign against it
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
Kk
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by mrphysics(m): 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
BE811APP:
How e take affect us for dis 9ja shocked

because you are full circle backwards in every aspect of technology, has it not affected you too much??

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Bombolistic: 2:03pm On Mar 23, 2016
It started a long time ago at the advent of computer. What we see today is computer helping humans do their work and it has gotten to a stage that humans can no longer do without the computer.

Now the question is. Who is willing to let go the use of PC?

Inventors are now riding on that fact by bringing the computer more closer and more efficient in our daily dealings.

They want to integrate the chips into our psychology and flesh to boost our human reasoning or eliminate human deficiency.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by spacyzuma(m): 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
Artificial Intelligence is cool and awesome, but I don't trust it.

Also, if we have Cyborg technology, some humans will still use it to dominate, persecute, alienate, control, manipulate other humans for selfish and financial reasons.

Cyborg technology should wait until we have successfully colonized other worlds and need intelligent machines to help us expand.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Coldfeets: 2:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
(0) ... okay

(1) ... maybe

(2) ... NEVER!!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by ziego(m): 2:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Wait let me reach 2050 first I will then comment
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by engrchykae(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=44029850]I am 100% bio and i would love to stay that way.

The limits of my abilities as a biological organism makes it all the more worth while and enjoyable.

In the case of cybernetic i'd say even though it will improve human life a bit there is no doubt it will be the beginning of an end.

We will be fully integrated into a virtual world and less or no relationship with the natural world.

And if this is so, are we still Natural entities or have we by ourselves turned our own being into artificial machines in an artificial virtual reality?

I say "NO" to that i'd rather remain traditional, fully human and 100% bio.

And enjoy the abilities that comes with being an organic entity and tinker and fantasize over my limits .. That's the fun smiley

This said, i'd also like to point out that the "smartphone" era is also turning the 21st century humans into miniature cyborgs fully dedicated to the digital world of their phones.

they'd rather watch pictures of nature on their smartphone than drop it go outside and see nature first hand.

We should always know the limits of our advancement!!!

Nuclear technology i see as one of the most expensive mistakes humanity ever made in my own opinion.

even though it is of high importance and an enormous contributor to human development.

Through it mankind derived it's greatest threat yet, that the whole earth could be annihilated by the push of some few buttons, that reality to me is frightening and a reminder that mankind does not know when to stop.

We by ourselves will become our own undoing and i am inclined to think this cyborg tech will also have enormous negative threat on our continuous existence!!! [i am not flattering you:u are wise]
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Osirimononaye(m): 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
Bullshit!......that'll be "The Beginning of the end" Just like the movie "Terminator judgement day"

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Chazzyboy: 2:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
I see people will do anything to get this tech
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by destino24(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
No comment
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by DrayZee: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Be wary of technology. It will destroy us all!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by joey150(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
these are questions for developed countries.
We have millions of problems and you are talking about cyborg technology.

We dont have electricity in this very modern 2016.
No water...no good transportation system.

And cyborg is your problem?!

Anyway its coming to Nigeria in 2095. I hope you are alive to witness it!

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by spafu(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
You see, Cyborg technology, if care is not taken has the capacity to bring about a serious quagmire in human society as we now it today. As a matter of fact, we may end up being at the mercy of a cult like scientific movement with machine ogneticism and opulent disarray of kineticism and cosmopic exhibition, especially if combined with modulated plutonium isotopes.
So, it will be technically out of place, if we don't begin to employ the services of corogulated cypenetic measures, so as to help curtail the rigmarole that is currently circumventing gains recently made at the molecular diffusion of the atmospheric gathering at the biospheres,which are in consonance with the ozon and related to this CYBORG TECH.
What did I just type above? Trash, I know nothing about Cyborg Technology, but like our NEPA Bill in place of a certificate president, his disexcellency, Dulardpo Dundee President Buhari one of Daura, one must just say some rubbish and all the illustrates will clap for you for making an open show of yourself. At least I still bright past a country's president, because me I get WAEC serbificate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric Upgrades Mobile App For Better Service / Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions / Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.