Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. (14120 Views)

5.2ml OBS Engine RTA Review ( Thoughts & Opinions ) / Review This | Let Me Know Your Thoughts / 25 Facts/ Thoughts About Ufos & Aliens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrayZee:
Be wary of technology. It will destroy us all!

Nature don't really need technology to kill us but technology can either postpone it or make it comes faster than we can ever imagine
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by bigval(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
Imagine if ISIS, AL Queda or our dear Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen get a hold of Cyborg tech, they will just be imagining terror and unleashing at the same time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
spacyzuma:
Artificial Intelligence is cool and awesome, but I don't trust it.

Also, if we have Cyborg technology, some humans will still use it to dominate, persecute, alienate, control, manipulate other humans for selfish and financial reasons.

Cyborg technology should wait until we have successfully colonized other worlds and need intelligent machines to help us expand.

But sadly it won't wait, humans are selfish creatures and can never over look an opportunity that can be of value for the selfish gains of that selected few.

Just like Nuclear weapons.

Like guns and bombs were not enough damage, humans went ahead and made nuclear weapons.

hydrogen bombs .. for what??

Our ego and selfishness will be our own undoing!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by DrayZee: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Nature don't really need technology to kill us but technology can either postpone it or make it comes faster than we can ever imagine
We didn't evolve here.
We were "put" here.
There is no reason why we should be so advanced if we started out the way the other animals did.
Were extraterrestrial.

What's your take on that?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
bigval:
Imagine if ISIS, AL Queda or our dear Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen get a hold of Cyborg tech, they will just be imagining terror and unleashing at the same time

Exactly my brother ..

No matter how beneficial something can be, it can and must also be used for negative ends.

Look down history from Politics to religion and technology!!! Technology if not checked will prove to be the worst of all.

There is no money for food and other technologies that can actually help humans but how come there is always money to fight each other and make weapons that are threats to our existence

i wonder!!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by mustfaith: 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
sukkot:
very interesting because you have just described the spiritual body that will be inherited by the raptured. like back in the garden of eden era, the raptured lived up to 1000 years which is the era of methuselah. but because of sin our lifespan was reduced to at most 120 years as referenced in genesis chpter 6. those with these cyborg bodies in the garden of eden era were called nephilim.

it was those with these cyborg bodies who built the pyramids ( lifting those heavy stones easily ) and the sphinx and stonehenge .

wtf is this one saying[size=8pt]

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
DrayZee:

We didn't evolve here.
We were "put" here.
There is no reason why we should be so advanced if we started out the way the other animals did.
Were extraterrestrial.

What's your take on that?

I am always reserved when it comes to origin of species on earth but the bolded i quite disagree with.

There is no reason to what nature does. Reasons are products of humans, our ideas and the meanings we read into things that are ..

It is undisputed that we all are NATURE whether we are extra-terrestrial still point to the fact that entities still differ in intellect.

even here on planet earth, no species are ever exactly alike in terms of intellect does this also make every specie on earth alien to each other.

Intellect can develop, it has developed and it will keep developing that is a fact so whether we are from here or not still doesn't exclude our intellectual abilities from being a product of consistent natural development ..

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 2:38pm On Mar 23, 2016
mustfaith:

Haaaaaaaa that is sukkot brother cool He talks a lot of nonsense so eloquently that you cannot help but applaud his evily genius grin

You'll get used to it soon i promise!!!

sukkot baba i salute sir!!!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by sukkot: 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Haaaaaaaa that is sukkot brother cool He talks a lot of nonsense so eloquently that you cannot help but applaud his evily genius grin

You'll get used to it soon i promise!!!

sukkot baba i salute sir!!!!
buahahahahahahahaha. * pheewwww * grin grin grin

Salute Monsieur johnydon22
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by sukkot: 2:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
mustfaith:

just negodu
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Malakh: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
cybory technology or killer robots, question is who are they gonna be killing off, answer lies in the good book
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
No matter how you look at it, we are already cyborgs. Tell me how long you can stay without any form of technology. Read Donna Haraway's 'We are all Cyborgs now" and you will understand. Mentally, technology is already ingrained into our bodies. The only thing left is the physical alteration which will come soon.

Although I am left to wonder, will you call an amputee with robotic legs or hands a cyborg?

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by MistadeRegal(m): 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
Why would I want to become a robot or a cyborg in the first place whatsoever?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
CoCoLav:
No matter how you look at it, we are already cyborgs. Tell me how long you can stay without any form of technology. Read Donna Haraway's 'We are all Cyborgs now" and you will understand. Mentally, technology is already ingrained into our bodies. The only thing left is the physical alteration which will come soon.

Although I am left to wonder, would you call an amputee with robotic legs or hands a cyborg?

Good question and a very delicate one at that... Let me see who get mind answer this one grin
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 3:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Good question and a very delicate one at that... Let me see who get mind answer this one grin

Lol...I am looking forward to an interesting debate on that.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Krayzeejhay(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
First of all,I study Cyborg Tech almost everyday together with A.I(Artificial intelligence).
These are two powerful branches in the tech world....but remember op,that to everything,there's an advantage and disadvantage....the so-called super powers and longlife wud be good,but also bad.....
But think am o,half human half robot grin
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by RobinHez(m): 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
CoCoLav:

Although I am left to wonder, would you call an amputee with robotic legs or hands a cyborg?
Interesting question,

Literally, YES! an amputee is a cyborg as he/she fits the definition of one.
a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by RobinHez(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

I diddid tongue
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Heshei: 3:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
Cyborg ... Human and Robot. I wish its not true
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by bigval(m): 3:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly my brother ..

No matter how beneficial something can be, it can and must also be used for negative ends.

Look down history from Politics to religion and technology!!! Technology if not checked will prove to be the worst of all.

There is no money for food and other technologies that can actually help humans but how come there is always money to fight each other and make weapons that are threats to our existence

i wonder!!!
I've always thought about this, the world spends way more on developing weapons than on producing food to combat hunger and poverty, seems the goal is to keep people hungry and poor, so that they will have every reason to kill themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
RobinHez:

I diddid tongue

Conclusion we already have cyborgs but we must learn where to draw the curtain !!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by RobinHez(m): 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

Conclusion we already have cyborgs but we must learn where to draw the curtain !!!
Yeah.. Just like in the movie ROBOCOP. u seen it?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
RobinHez:
Yeah.. Just like in the movie ROBOCOP. u seen it?
Nope!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by santori: 4:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
spafu:
You see, Cyborg technology, if care is not taken has the capacity to bring about serious quagmire in human society as we now it of today. Has a matter of fact, we may end up being at the mercy of a cult like scientific movement with machine ogneticism and opulent disarray kineticism especially if combined with modulated plutonium isotopes.
So, it will be technically out of place, if we don't begin to employ the services of corogulated cypenetic measure to curtail the rigmarole that is currently circumventing gains recently made at molecular diffusion of the atmospheric gathering at the biospheres related to this CYBORG TECH.
What this I just type above? Trash, I know nothing about Cyborg Technology, but like our NEPA Bill in place of certificate president, his disexcellency, Dulardpo Dundee President Buhari one of Daura, one must just say some rubbish and all the illustrates will clap for you for making an open show of yourself. At least I still bright past a country's president, because me I get WAEC.

to your crass mind, you've made some sense. smh
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
RobinHez:

Interesting question,

Literally, YES! an amputee is a cyborg as he/she fits the definition of one.

So what's your definition of a human?
And if amputees are no longer humans then do then do/ should they have human rights?
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
bigval:

I've always thought about this, the world spends way more on developing weapons than on producing food to combat hunger and poverty, seems the goal is to keep people hungry and poor, so that they will have every reason to kill themselves.

Have you seen 3D machines that print edible pizza?

Technologies are not necessarily about war and destructions.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2016
CoCoLav:

So what's your definition of a human?
And if amputees are no longer humans then do then do/ should they have human rights?

The human element is still present, I guess they should have human rights.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by Donvilo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2016
In as much as I will admit the fact that science & technology have appeared to have made things a bit easier for man, but based on the knowledge of God's word, I still believe that some things are better left as it is instead of trying to turn it into something that it's not; and NATURE is one of them!
Moral: NEVER TRY TO PLAY GOD WHEN YOU ARE NOT GOD HIMSELF.
Simple.....
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 5:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
CoCoLav:

Have you seen 3D machines that print edible pizza?

Technologies are not necessarily about war and destructions.

He is not really saying Technology is about war, technology has being man's greatest means of development and civilization starting from the first man made stone weapons, sumerian invention of wheels till now.

He is saying that ability is being misused for destructive means and less for the betterment of humanity by some greedy selected few.

They budget more for creating weapons of mass destruction than things we actually need.

Humanity do not need weapons that should kill us, the only reason we have wars is because there are people who make money from wars and there will always be war as long as money is being made from it by the greedy few.

If you look around what our ego, selfish greed and unthinking quest for power has made us LIFE's greatest threat.

This planet is not threatened by Zombies, alien invasions, vampires, religious apocalypses, gods flying down to rapture man or every other fantasy we have imagined.

If you look well enough there is only 1 threat to this planet and all in it and that is Man..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by johnydon22(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Donvilo:
In as much as I will admit the fact that science & technology have appeared to have made things a bit easier for man, but based on the knowledge of God's word, I still believe that some things are better left as it is instead of trying to turn it into something that it's not; and NATURE is one of them!
Moral: NEVER TRY TO PLAY GOD WHEN YOU ARE NOT GOD HIMSELF.
Simple.....

Forget the Gods they are still riding horses!!!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:

The human element is still present, I guess they should have human rights.

But they aren't humans right? They are cyborgs cheesy
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On Cyborg Technology. by CoCoLav(f): 5:32pm On Mar 23, 2016
johnydon22:

He is not really saying Technology is about war, technology has being man's greatest means of development and civilization starting from the first man made stone weapons, sumerian invention of wheels till now.

He is saying that ability is being misused for destructive means and less for the betterment of humanity by some greedy selected few.

They budget more for creating weapons of mass destruction than things we actually need.

Humanity do not need weapons that should kill us, the only reason we have wars is because there are people who make money from wars and there will always be war as long as money is being made from it by the greedy few.

If you look around what our ego, selfish greed and unthinking quest for power has made us LIFE's greatest threat.

This planet is not threatened by Zombies, alien invasions, vampires, religious apocalypses, gods flying down to rapture man or every other fantasy we have imagined.

If you look well enough there is only 1 threat to this planet and all in it and that is Man..

Of course I agree completely. Man is his own greatest enemy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric Upgrades Mobile App For Better Service / The English Name For Bird Called Eye Odere Koko,....Ibo Name? / Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.