Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode (18830 Views)

Nigeria Spends N288bn On Fish Importation Annually / Ambode Introduces Eko Coconut Bread / Ile-epo Market Sealed By Gov. Ambode Due To Non Environment Sanitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
bayulll011:
A country that cannot feed itself,they import every thing and anything,enriching other nations,while his citizen are not healthy,Nigerian leaders are the most silly and unfortunate in the world,pathetic people,with no vision,no innovations,no idea generations,but they are expert in corruption,stealing and stupidity

Oga you are derailing. Focus on the topic.
The topic is about trade between Lagos and Kebbi state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by vislabraye(m): 10:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
shoooo
2190000cows in a year
na wao
Lasgidi, I hail thee

I fia oh. Where all those cattle come from ?
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Standing5(m): 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
anonimi:
HOW exactly did Ambode get this statistics or he just pulled it out of his fat brain ni
How many STATISTICIANS are employed by LASG for such reliable data to be generated?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3500568_dccrap20160315155712_jpegcd8e6cb9418d815c070bb71dae45fd6a

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]
You are a bloody razist.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by OlujobaSamuel: 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2016
vislabraye:

I fia oh. Where all those cattle come from ?
I think we need a data capture on ogunfe, chicken, and catfish for the year also.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by callJesu: 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Oooo.... What does that mean
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Deen77: 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
bettercreature:
Lagosians are actually consuming atleast over 15 million naira worth of cows every day,this man is clueless and in some places they are killing like 20-30 cows every day

There was one day they killed 10 cows in my presence,that is 1.5million naira in just one abbatoir and lagos has like 10

Mr Man, 6000 daily.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by kode12: 12:07am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:
Lagosians are actually consuming atleast over 15 million naira worth of cows every day,this man is clueless and in some places they are killing like 20-30 cows every day

There was one day they killed 10 cows in my presence,that is 1.5million naira in just one abbatoir and lagos has like 10
The report didn't say Lagos consumed 2.1m naira worth of cattle.It said that Lqgisians consume 2.1million herd. That's the number of cows itself
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by chamboy(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:

baba number
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by bellyjean(m): 12:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Kudos to the two state Governors.

Sometimes ago, I discussed this same initiative with my Dad. It is just a pity that most of our past and present Governors are calabash heads, they are moronic and stupid. Did I just say that?? Yes, I did and I don't plan to take back those words until I am convinced otherwise.

They depend on allocations from the FG. This explains why the governor of my state is confused and will do just anything to clear his debts, even if it means he wouldn't pay salaries or pay partial salaries. I guess you all wanna know this governor grin I bet he is just drying his school uniform by this time.

In this case, Lagos has the population (market, money) industries (more money), tourism/hospitality (plenty money) + exports. Kebbi has the resources; Arable Land, animals, crops, strong and able-bodied abokis with big hoes.

Now let the trade begin. Lagos' money for Kebbi's products. They are both gainers. More food for Lagosians, more raw materials for industries, more exports for exporters, more food and meats/barbecue for those expatriates in Eko Hotels et al.

What of Kebbi? Gbam, IGR go rise up. Employment for plenty mallams. Money go dey for mallam to send his children to school instead of begging and making them potential targets for ISIS/Boko haram recruiters. Better life for the Kebbitans, just to name a few.

We need more initiatives from our governors and leaders.

God bless Lagos state
God bless Kebbi State
God go bless Osun state grin now u know my Governor
God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:56am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:

When Nigerians dont read before they comment...
Abi you no see where him say lagos consume 6000 herds of cattle per day?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Ahmed3rdjuly: 1:00am On Mar 24, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Oga you are derailing. Focus on the topic.
The topic is about trade between Lagos and Kebbi state.

I taya ooo. Must we complain at everything?
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by babadee1(m): 1:32am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:

The governor said 2.19 million cattle not 2.19 million naira. That's 2.19 million x 150,000 naira. Well over 300 billion naira worth.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by bigcil2(m): 1:54am On Mar 24, 2016
Mprepz:
is he trying to support those abbokkis

so it's finally on FP and am FTC
mtcheew up till now no alert!
Am a bit confused do you guys get paid for topics that are pushed to fp
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by akigbemaru: 2:36am On Mar 24, 2016
lAGOS STATS ON MEAT AND RICE.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Ayatullah(m): 2:54am On Mar 24, 2016
tosin2013:
2 million càttle?

Isnt lagos 18 million people?

Meaning 9 peeps share one cow per year! grin grin grin

Eko onijekuje!
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Remii(m): 4:51am On Mar 24, 2016
Mprepz:

believe it or not you are supporting them too and they are supporting you, check your activities , do you eat suya, carrots, beef, etc that they bring down here? Do you service any northerner in your work as customer or colleague? So come of hatred illusions, we are made together
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by aresa: 5:19am On Mar 24, 2016
Funny how this wonderful partnership, great opportunity and potential benefits got lost and relegated in favor of ridiculous and absurd fixation on numbers of cattle.

Another wonderful thread derailed by the usual trolls and unintelligent crowd...

The average nigerians are 10 times worse than their useless leaders...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Billygee2u: 5:35am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Billygee2u: 5:38am On Mar 24, 2016
anonimi:
HOW exactly did Ambode get this statistics or he just pulled it out of his fat brain ni
How many STATISTICIANS are employed by LASG for such reliable data to be generated?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3500568_dccrap20160315155712_jpegcd8e6cb9418d815c070bb71dae45fd6a

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by albany231: 5:56am On Mar 24, 2016
anonimi:

[img]http://www.nairaland.cohments/3dccrap20160315155712_jpegcd8e6cb9418d815c070bb71dae45fd6a[/img]

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lq8[/img]

What is this nonsense? This stolen books seller truly have no shame, you just love saying trash everywhere and going off topic, you have never make any reasonable or constructive criticism ever in your life, continue to waste your life on nairaland, no wonder you have become a laughing stock on your facebook. Smh
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by excel101(m): 6:06am On Mar 24, 2016
Mprepz:

i wanted to comment initially wen i saw #2.19m, thinking it was the monetary value of cow consumed annually in Lagos. It should be corrected please.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by LordVoldemort(m): 6:12am On Mar 24, 2016
A7:

The thread title and the Op says N2.19m cattle, it was just modified to 2.19m after hitting fp.

Do you people just read the title to make comment? Next time read the body.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mployer(m): 7:18am On Mar 24, 2016
tosin2013:
2 million càttle?

It is possible bro. Go to Yoruba owambe, you will understand.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by surawilly(m): 7:28am On Mar 24, 2016
tosin2013:
2 million càttle?

Na owambe cos am

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by menxer: 7:36am On Mar 24, 2016
Mynd44:

I am not sure about rice but as a result of tax and the butchers' associations, they have a rough estimate of how many individual animal is slaughtered each day, week, month and year.

So it is not so difficult to have a correct numver of the number of animals sold each day excluding the animals bought from individuals from outside the state and killed at home i.e. Someone going to Ibadan to buy animals for a wedding or naming ceremony can't be calculated but those killed and sold (in the abbatior are recorded) since taxes/levies are paid on each

You dey mind some bigots that can't see any thing good about Nigeria?

Even in my town, levies/taxes are paid on animals bought, which can be used to do the estimates.

I wonder what "statisticians" are needed again when the transaction details are duly kept by the butchers association and is just a simple addition of the figures therein?

We have lost sight of the real gist of this thread: the partnership between Lagos and Kebbi states.
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mapet: 8:09am On Mar 24, 2016
Why don't you help us by telling us the defict statistician in Lagos state employ? How many are not employed at the moment. You also forgot to tell us what is the correct stats.....or is it in your thin brain?

anonimi:

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mapet: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2016
Mynd44:

anonimi: :
I am not sure about rice but as a result of tax and the butchers' associations, they have a rough estimate of how many individual animal is slaughtered each day, week, month and year.

So it is not so difficult to have a correct numver of the number of animals sold each day excluding the animals bought from individuals from outside the state and killed at home i.e. Someone going to Ibadan to buy animals for a wedding or naming ceremony can't be calculated but those killed and sold (in the abbatior are recorded) since taxes/levies are paid on each

@Mynd44,

why are you telling him what he should naturally and logically have reasoned himself?
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 24, 2016
bettercreature:

The cows are angry with you. sad
Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mapet: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Mprepz: :

Yes.

It's only when we start thinking like Ambode that Nigeria will develop. Have you ever heard of Terms of Trade?

Nigeria need to decentralize and allow the geopolitical zones to develop and use Terms of Trade to grow their economies and help the centre only on the exclusive list.

@oglalasioux, you know what is heartening?

1. States like Kebbi are beginning to wake up and realise that the vast arable lands in the North is a great asset and competitive advantage for them. The problem of draught can be easily solved with technology. Lagos State deserves applauds for taking the Initiative quicker than any other state or country, because if we're not careful, other countries will come to establish and run farms in the North, export the crops and we end up importing what was initially taken from us (just like crude oil)
2. Secondly, a State like Kebbi will begin to push their IGR and be less dependent on Oil.
3. Many of these Abokis accident-waiting-to-happen-Okada-riders will have incentives to go back to the farm, which I believe is their first love and they are skilled at

What do I find disheartening? With comments of the likes of @Mprepz, you know that many people still needs redemption

I am concerned that the East has not come up in terms of preparation for Agriculture. Are they interested in bilateral relationships or are they just going to be at the bottom of the pyramid

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mapet: 8:42am On Mar 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

bettercreature: :

You are the clueless one

2million head of cattle every year

Meaning 6,000 per day

If anyone lives in these abbatoirs you wont argue those numbers. We never even add the ones they kill for parties every weekend

Parties in Lagos every weekend alone would be over 1,000 and almost everyone would kill 1 cattle some even kill 10 cattles for their parties

@raumdeuter, many of these guys are intellectually immature, when you add the clandestine bigotry to the mix you understand the plight of people like @bettercreature.

What people fail to realise is that both state are signing an agreement based on a proposal where the economics had been run. When you run project economics, you do not rely on unverifiable data. Lagos State can only rely for now on the input from the registered butchers in registered abattoirs. Remember that these butchers also transport their "kill" through Lagos State run Meat-Vans. Lagos State will not include cows killed in Kara (bother-line Ogun State) in the stats, even though I can hedge my bets that over 90% of the meat killed in Kara will end up in Lagosians stomachs.

We should also realise that Lagos State, for strategic reasons may choose to "understate" the numbers, to protect their turf. I believe th numbers are way much more than that. Aregbesola had given a picture 3 years ago, when he commenced an investment in the state run Ranch farm, that over 10,000 cows are killed in Lagos everyday and he wants to target 10% of that market.

What I believe is more important is the takeaway from these bilateral business relationships. Have we ever wondered that over N500billion moves in Lagos, just for the consumption of meat? Those of us in 9-5 jobs are screaming blue murder to those numbers. We are allowing such a magnitude of money to be managed by illiterates, when we can get into the fold and tripple that amount in 5years by adding more value to meat consumption. We just learnt an example with tomatoes, that a over 50% of tomatoes planted end up in waste and that we import tomatoes from China. Dangote is closing that gap now. Guess where again huge farming investment is going - North (Kano).

Truth is that people are beginning to wake up. In my research work, I stumbled on literature that characterised 3rd world developing countries. Land is one key competitive advantage that was flagged as weapon for these countries. Countries that have used Land very well have gained some measure of economic prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Consumes N135bn Rice, 2.19m Cattle Annually —ambode by mapet: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2016
A7:

raumdeuter:

You are the clueless one

2million head of cattle every year

Meaning 6,000 per day

If anyone lives in these abbatoirs you wont argue those numbers. We never even add the ones they kill for parties every weekend

Parties in Lagos every weekend alone would be over 1,000 and almost everyone would kill 1 cattle some even kill 10 cattles for their parties
LordVoldemort:
Did you read the post at all before you open that your mouth that looks like a local pit and spill rubbish. Lagos comsume 6000 cattle daily and not 30. Yeyecreature

The thread title and the Op says N2.19m cattle, it was just modified to 2.19m after hitting fp.

but people should use their sense now..... even if the OP made the mistake, a noble thing to do is to point the attention of the OP to the error and not jump, albeit ignorantly-foolishly to criticise the governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Eat Green Or Blue Chicken Eggs? / What Annoys You Most At A Restaurant? / Dine Out This Festive Season And Take The Food Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.