Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 (8082 Views)

NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2017 / UNIBEN Begins Refund Of Students 2016/2017 Post-utme Registration Fees / Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details (2) (3) (4)

NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by study4free(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate
Provider: NWAG
Country to Study in: Nigeria

Scholarship Description
Every year, the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) awards scholarships to female Nigerian undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.

These NWAG scholarships are offered one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira per applicant.

Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG)

Eligibility
All applicants must be Nigerian females.

All applicants must be undergraduate students of a recognized Nigerian University.

Eligible groups
Citizens of Nigeria

Participating Institutions
Any recognized Nigerian University / Institution of higher learning

Fields of study
All courses offered by the participating institution / school

Number of awards
Thirty-seven (37) scholarships - one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT)

Sponsorship duration
Awards are one-time scholarships

Scholarship benefits
The value of the awards is fifty thousand Naira (N50000.00) given to each successful applicant

Method of Application
Application process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application. To apply to this scholarship, you should download, print out, complete and submit the 'NWAG Application Form' under 2016 NWAG Scholarships In Nigeria as found on the official web site (link to it is below). This completed form should be submitted together with the materials and documents specified below under Requirements.

Requirements:
An applicant must be a Nigerian female undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:

- Proof of State of Origin - Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”

PREVIOUS ESSAY TOPICS
2015:
“What is the one system in Nigeria, such as educational, political, health care, financial..., that you feel if changed would have the most beneficial impact on Nigerians, and why?”
2014:
“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers' strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
2013:
“How could we improve the health system in Nigeria especially for women, youth and children?”
2012:
“The education of our youth is compromised by frequent strikes and school closings. If you were the first female president of Nigeria, how would you handle things differently from President Jonathan or all the past presidents?”

All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.

SUBMISSION:
Completed applications may be submitted to NWAG either by regular mail to:
NWAG
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324, USA

OR, electronically via email at nwagscholarship[@]yahoo.com.
SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL: NAME OF APPLICANT & STATE OF ORIGIN.

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information.

DEADLINES:
All applications must be POST-MARKED or EMAILED by MAY 31, 2016

PLEASE NOTE:
Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.

Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified. All incomplete applications will be rejected.

ALL ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN PDF OR WORD FORMAT.

NWAG is a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization funded by generous donations from sponsors and partners who appreciate the associations' Special Projects.

Application Deadline: 31 May 2016
Open to International Applicants: No(ONLY Nigerians)

Source: http://study4free.com.ng/nwag-scholarships-female-undergraduate-nigerian-students/

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by dguizman(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
Why did I read it sef when the scholership is for female alone.... FTC thou

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by oshibote1: 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Sunnycliff(m): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
The competition go tight o! Imagine just one per state, Over merit go kill the award recipient!
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Sweetyie(f): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
My sister must apply
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by dapaiks: 8:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
nice one
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by SeunOdumusi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
oluwaseunodumusi877@gmail.com
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Idrismusty97(m): 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2016
Just one per state, Only 50k to be given to that one. Na by force?
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by olagamalin(m): 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
Great Initiative .....Subpar incentive. ....the current economic realities has made 50k seem like mincemeat. #Theyshatry.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Pavore9: 8:43pm On Mar 24, 2016
That is good.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Pavore9: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Just one per state, Only 50k to given to that one. Na by force?

It means much to an indigent student. If we have many of such organizations you can imagine the impact, so nothing is too small.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by joey150(m): 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
Why ex militants dey collect millions and study outside naija. For just causing trouble .

Girls goodluck. I must collect from that presidential amnesty own.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by eldav(m): 8:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
So this scholarship is for females only? Not bad, in the sense that people can do whatever they wish with their money.

My only question is, If there was a scholarship only for males, how would the female right activists take it? Or are we all going to pretend that its okay?

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2016
If you want to help, help!

No be by force, with all things you dey asked, i no do again, for my school only signature is hard than true love talkless of recommended letter from the department, see for two year dem no go write am..

Pls take away your offer? Our ladies don't need it!

And to men in Georgia let us knw wen ur own scholarships scam is out! Quote me and get a sonorous slap!
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by agabaI23(m): 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nice
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by TheProphetess(f): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2016
eldav:
So this scholarship is for females only? Not bad, in the sense that people can do whatever they wish with their money.

My only question is, If there was a scholarship only for males, how would the female right activists take it? Or are we all going to pretend that its okay?

Whilst in most other developed countries this act would be sexist, in Nigeria it's warranted because girls don't have much incentive to go to school/their parents don't allow them.
This kind of scholarship is especially needed in the north.

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by UIA04(f): 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2016
All that recommendation, for just 50000 I am not even sure of

People who need it will apply jare

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by porozhniy(m): 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2016
TheProphetess:

Whilst in most other developed countries this act would be sexist, in Nigeria it's warranted because girls don't have much incentive to go to school/their parents don't allow them.
This kind of scholarship is especially needed in the north.
I guess the almajiri's up north are all girls abi? The touts & agbero's down south nko? The major markets in the east are populated by boys of school age who are not even learning a trade but hustling. Their counterparts in the Niger-delta prefer cultism/militancy/political thuggery to schooling. Girls now outnumber boys in university enrollment & y'all are not bothered. It seems nobody learnt a thing from the boko haram/militancy debacle, that's why y'all seemingly prefer to educate ur daughers whilst leaving ur sons to figure it out on their own. I wonder if the fallout of this biased will be selective when it blows up on our faces...the victims of boko haram cuts across both gender.

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2016
eldav:

Wise words bro!!! Never knew philosophers existed on nairaland!! Lol

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by TheProphetess(f): 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2016
porozhniy:
I guess the almajiri's up north are all girls abi? The touts & agbero's down south nko? The major markets in the east are populated by boys of school age who are not even learning a trade but hustling. Their counterparts in the Niger-delta prefer cultism/militancy/political thuggery to schooling. Girls now outnumber boys in university enrollment & y'all are not bothered. It seems nobody learnt a thing from the boko haram/militancy debacle, that's why y'all seemingly prefer to educate ur daughers whilst leaving ur sons to figure it out on their own. I wonder if the fallout of this biased will be selective when it blows up on our faces...the victims of boko haram cuts across both gender.

A lot of the time these boys don't even want to go to school in the first place. If you give them scholarship money they would rather use it for other things.
It's just that in some parts of the country girls are not allowed to go to school in the first place.

I think for the boys, rather than scholarship, a good role model should go around and organise workshops where they can learn the importance of going to school.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by porozhniy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2016
TheProphetess:

A lot of the time these boys don't even want to go to school in the first place. If you give them scholarship money they would rather use it for other things.
It's just that in some parts of the country girls are not allowed to go to school in the first place.

I think for the boys, rather than scholarship, a good role model should go around and organise workshops where they can learn the importance of going to school.
Where in the country 're girls not allowed? Pls dnt tell me the north cos the boys don't go either. If the boys don't want to go to school, why? Where does their interest lie? What can be done to get them to school cert level at least? How about sponsorship to trade school. Adopting a gendered approach to educating the populace will not help anyone.

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by djblue007(m): 12:06am On Mar 25, 2016
Sunnycliff:
The competition go tight o! Imagine just one per state, Over merit go kill the award recipient!
Very competitive and just for 50k.

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Olasco93: 5:39am On Mar 25, 2016
Sometimes, the Amount involved is not the issue, but the ability to showcase what you have got. This kind of things, when shotlisted set you on course for more good things to come and also encourage you to do more.
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by MizyB(f): 9:16am On Mar 25, 2016
temmi001 dear, i think WE should do this, what do you think?
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by wroskian(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2016
Olasco93:
Sometimes, the Amount involved is not the issue, but the ability to showcase what you have got. This kind of things, when shotlisted set you on course for more good things to come and also encourage you to do more.
You just spoke my mind.
Most times, financial benefits are not what really matters in scholarships, but the long term benefits such as networking opportunities and job recommendations in future, so people should stop castigating NWAG. The fact that the opportunity is for the female gender means nothing, there are several gender based scholarship opportunities even by top organizations all over the world.

Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Temmi001: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2016
MizyB:
temmi001 dear, i think WE should do this, what do you think?
Lol.. Yea yea.....
Re: NWAG Scholarships For Female Undergraduate Nigerian Students 2016 by Jennynenny(f): 4:13am On Mar 27, 2016
What is the official website for applying for this scholarship?
. The link isn't in the post

What Does The 'O' In O'clock Mean? Find Out! / Opinion: Best Law Universities In Nigeria - Top 20 / 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True