Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

TVC Or Channels? - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TVC Or Channels? (32942 Views)

Citizen Jones Usen Anchors ''Journalists' Hangout'' On TVC / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices / Babajide Ititoju Of TVC Really Unprofessional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TVC Or Channels? by Mustay(m): 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yes bro. Am not mincing words.
The day I respected TVC, their correspondent went to a war torn country like Central African Republic to cover news and was reporting live.

For me, it was in one of the SS states and I saw TVC (perhaps, it must have been CONSAT) news with a reporter reporting from a North African country (can't remember which one). I had to dig deep again; TVC has/had undergone massive investments. For them to have reporters in foreign countries speaks a lot. Channels has tried to maximise their potentials based on the funds they have. There was a time I used to yab them cos they only used to show pictures most of the time (particularly sports news); so it was almost like listening to the radio on TV.

It's interesting to note that except Fola, the likes of Gimba and the sports guy (can't remember his name now) have gone to CBS and come back to Channels TV.

So like others have said, TVC has wide coverage. I have a feeling Channels knows that they are giving them a run for their money. However, the reputation Channels has built so far will continue to make them grow. For TVC, the allegiance the founders have will continue to remain a concern for those who 'consume' their news.

1 Like

Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
Omotaday:
how much? how many months sub ?

Do you know what a VPS is? Please research well o. It's 1 to 12 months depending on your pocket. The 1 month has higher capacity than the one of 12 months
Re: TVC Or Channels? by naptu2: 3:10am On Mar 27, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

I don't know him. Could it be Bisi Olatilo? I wondered how radio journalism was then, when he once said that "before you could come on air to say this is Radio Nigeria, the time is . . . , you would have undergone series of training."

When I hear the diction of veterans on radio, considering the fact that most of them didn't have university training, I imagine the rigourous training they underwent in the radio school at Shogunle, Lagos.

I think his name is Tony Ibegbuna.

The first time I encountered Bisi Olatilo was when Radio Nigeria 3 was being launched in 1989. He anchored most of RN3's programmes at inception. He could anchor a programme in pidgin English, then switch to yoruba for the next programme and then igbo for another programme and he also hosted hausa programmes.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:57am On Mar 27, 2016
naptu2:

I think his name is Tony Ibegbuna.

The first time I encountered Bisi Olatilo was when Radio Nigeria 3 was being launched in 1989. He anchored most of RN3's programmes at inception. He could anchor a programme in pidgin English, then switch to yoruba for the next programme and then igbo for another programme and he also hosted hausa programmes.
Hmmm. I read in an interview that Bisi Olatilo actually grew up in the north.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Omotaday(m): 6:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Martins301:

Do you know what a VPS is? Please research well o. It's 1 to 12 months depending on your pocket. The 1 month has higher capacity than the one of 12 months
are you the one that will tell me what VPS is?. what is the VPN name? is it HMA or VIP72 or which one? how strong? how much is 6 months? Reply me back when you are ready to give me full information about what you are offering for sell or else u don't bother to reply.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Omotaday(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Martins301:

are you the one that will tell me what VPS is?. what is the VPN name? is it HMA or VIP72 or which one? how strong? how much is 6 months? Reply me back when you are ready to give me full information about what you are offering for sell or else u don't bother to reply.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Omotaday:

Oga VPS and VPN are not same thing. I will give you a proxy and a password to log in using your remote desktop manager on your PC or android. The proxy is USA shikina.
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Omotaday(m): 12:52am On Mar 29, 2016
Martins301:

Oga VPS and VPN are not same thing. I will give you a proxy and a password to log in using your remote desktop manager on your PC or android. The proxy is USA shikina.
i got what you saying. i have never used RDP before. how much is it?
Re: TVC Or Channels? by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Omotaday:
i got what you saying. i have never used RDP before. how much is it?

It's 3k

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Where Is TSTV? / Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Bbnaija: 5 Reasons Why Tboss Will Most Likely Win - Segun Odejimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.