Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Universities With Wireless Internet Access - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities With Wireless Internet Access (59207 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by walegee(m): 12:23am On Mar 26, 2016
Last semester I used like 10gig+ in school. android, tablet, laptop. All u nid is your matric no.
Repping better by far
#7,500 for the session plus sweat shirt sha
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by slysteel: 1:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Unn has the best internet facility in the country, the whole area making up the university which is as big as a town is completely covered with free wifi.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Teedeechian(m): 1:18am On Mar 26, 2016
krossjay:
OOU
Where is it located and is it free?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Teedeechian(m): 1:19am On Mar 26, 2016
adewuyi91:
Lautech
Is it everywhere and is it free?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Teedeechian(m): 1:21am On Mar 26, 2016
siraj1402:
Lautech unlimited bandwidth
Is it free?, what about location
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by toprealman: 1:23am On Mar 26, 2016
opeano:
Hello all.
I sincerely need the help and attention of students and researchers here. I am contemplating on conducting a research that examines Students Internet addiction and their mental Health and how it affects their academic performance.
The area I need our help is in helping with information on Universities where Wireless Internet Access is made available to all students, either Free of charge or paid.
I do know about UNILORIN and UNIJOS. Ur addition is needed as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone as I await our contributions
interesting research topic with huge potentials. keep us posted.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by swagifted(m): 1:47am On Mar 26, 2016
Laye
amokeme:
I think all private unis
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by amokeme(f): 1:48am On Mar 26, 2016
swagifted:
Laye
??
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by DifferentBoy1(m): 2:18am On Mar 26, 2016
adepiero:
When internet came to Unilorin around 2009, I overbrowsed and downloaded like hell and it affected me healthwise not educational wise. I learnt browsing for three days straight can kill. cry

Even when it got blocked I hacked the system and started sharing data for people. grin

Hahaha.....you are possesed
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by porrigeyam(m): 2:52am On Mar 26, 2016
Ibb university lapai....24/7 Internet connection wink
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adenijiayo(m): 5:01am On Mar 26, 2016
Elcapo:
Lautech has
God bless you. Launet all the way
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by phrezzz: 5:22am On Mar 26, 2016
chrissamy89:
The great LION
GREAT
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by adepiero: 6:19am On Mar 26, 2016
ademoladeji:

I still remember very well my time @ Probitas Doctrina. when we came baq from our IT in 2007, we used to browse overnight @ block 8 up den...

Our exams were manual but the faculty has free WiFi then that's only opened from 7pm to 6am.

I was in Civil Engineering 04/05 session entrants
You are skipping a year. My dept computer science was opposite block 1 during 06/07 but we moved to block 10. UBA was the first to provide internet back then at E-learning center at the back of block 6/7 before unilorin itself starred their own at block 10 during 07/08 session. Mr Hussein was the coordinator and still is. I had access to their office because my classmate works there. But all the same it was fun
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Eeser: 6:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Toniwirelex:
At the prestigeous Ahmadu Bello University browsing is not optional, it is a must....
Every student is entitled to a wireless password. The fee is embeded in the skul fees
That's my Alma mata. I rep ABU.
To all the ABUsites in the house, Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by shegfun(m): 6:41am On Mar 26, 2016
NCAT zaria, Wi-Fi with 10.1" mobile tablet is free......... Almost everywhere hostel, classrooms, toilet browse free
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by omosi81(f): 6:48am On Mar 26, 2016
esoboy875:

Ar u takin abt samaru or kongo?
Both
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by siraj1402(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2016
Corn99:

can u pls tell me more abt dis lautech wifi cos i'm new here nd dont knw d processes to pass through so as to be able to use it. Thanks in anticipation
Take your system to the ICT,it will be configured for you as Lautech have her own dial-up.Google always give Lautech unlimited bandwidth every semester.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by siraj1402(m): 6:58am On Mar 26, 2016
Teedeechian:

Is it free?, what about location
100% free, it is an unlimited data from Google.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by SealLumidee: 6:58am On Mar 26, 2016
ABUAD. Stuff's everywhere on that Campus
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by siraj1402(m): 7:08am On Mar 26, 2016
In fact Lautech internet reaches the whole school and it's environment. Each department with different server not to talk of e-library. You can never be tired of Lautech unlimited bandwidth provided by google. I have one account that I want to sell.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Emeka71(m): 7:23am On Mar 26, 2016
Talph:
OAU INTECU

Not free though
N100.00 for 4 hours.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Monday60655(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2016
EBSU: Ebonyi State University. Though is incorporated into school fees 5k per session.
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Emeka71(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2016
psychologist:
Yabatech library na F Ô C wireless connection
Is that one a university?
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by holatoj(m): 7:29am On Mar 26, 2016
FUOYE
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE EKITI.
The WIFI is FREE for all students.....
DATA CAP FOR EACH STUDENT -3GB PER MONTH.......
SPEED -40KB TO 10MB PER SEC depending on users online
personal testimony- 1.63mb per sec
FOR STAFFS FREE TOO
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by famousroland(m): 7:30am On Mar 26, 2016
University of Uyo
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by swagifted(m): 7:32am On Mar 26, 2016
amokeme:
??
mean say na lie
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Kayceewyte(m): 7:35am On Mar 26, 2016
Richiy:
UNN has wireless connection almost everywhere. In fact, turn your WiFi while walking around school and see the so many different lionet networks it will attract.
Like the way girls attracts us grin
Richiy:
UNN has wireless connection almost everywhere. In fact, turn your WiFi while walking around school and see the so many different lionet networks it will attract.
Like the way girls attracts us
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by razzekki(m): 7:44am On Mar 26, 2016
Kogi State University, Anyigba
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by emmancipated(m): 7:49am On Mar 26, 2016
ENEONWO:

Liar!
Uniport has active wifi for both staff and students. It is 24/7. I am even using it now. If you are in Uniport go to ICTC to activate yours upon payment of monthly fee of five hundred naira.

that's not a good reason for U to call me a liar. anyways I've not heard of such cuz I only know about the 2hr stuff that takes U to the same ictc for activation
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by kollenzy(m): 7:54am On Mar 26, 2016
Federal university of technology minna FUTMINNA..24/7 free access in both of the two campuses bosso campus and main campus Gidan kwano(GK).
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by Heineken(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2016
Unijos has bro.. But those guys like password pass girls. We used cheats then Sha
Re: Universities With Wireless Internet Access by ademoladeji(m): 7:57am On Mar 26, 2016
adepiero:
You are skipping a year. My dept computer science was opposite block 1 during 06/07 but we moved to block 10. UBA was the first to provide internet back then at E-learning center at the back of block 6/7 before unilorin itself starred their own at block 10 during 07/08 session. Mr Hussein was the coordinator and still is. I had access to their office because my classmate works there. But all the same it was fun

We used internet @ Block 8 b4 the the advent of E-learning centre.

Dr. S.A Raji made us use the e-learning centre during my finals in 08/09 session. And I think e-learning came into existence during 07/08 session.

Anyway, school was fun n adventurous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Summary Of 'Sweet Sixteen' By Bolaji Abdullahi. 2019 JAMB Novel / Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card Got People Talking(Pics) / Tertiary Institutions That Have Released Bulletin For Resumption Of Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.