Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,455 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles (9976 Views)

Jonathan Purchases Innoson Vehicles For Federal Road Safety Corps [Photo] / 40 Innoson Vehicles To Be Bought For 2016 Census - FEC / Innoson Vehicles Complains Of Low Govt Patronage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
Countdown begins for Innoson vehicles
•Automotive Council excited
By Moses Akaigwe [igwemos@sunnewsonline]
Friday, July 24, 2009
•A midi bus being built at the new innoson plant in Nnewi
Photo:Sun News Publishing
More Stories on this Section

“My initial impression while touring Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited auto plant project in Nnewi, was that of surprise. I was surprised that such a huge investment in machinery and tools can be somewhere in Nigeria. I was surprised, because what I saw was a massive collection of equipment, tools and, as a matter of fact, components of vehicles that Innoson company intends to produce. And of course, the number and calibre of staff that are already there working, is also something to talk about”.

The foregoing was the reaction of Engineer Akintunde S. Zedomi, member, Board of the National Automotive Council (NAC), who led a team that toured some auto companies in the south-east, including a new auto plant, which is being built in Nnewi by a private investor, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, OON, in partnership with Chinese auto makers.

More on this page.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/motoring/2009/july/24/motoring-24-07-2009-002.htm

I heard about this project last year and i wondered what has happened since.Well it seems it is still on course.

Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Ellyptical: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2009
Good!
I knew we would get there some day!
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2009
Can we see more photos [lease.

I LOVE THINGS LIKE THIS. grin cheesy
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2009
Inasmuch as i love this.
I hope they will test it well to make sure it is not another dead trap.
But starting from somewhere is not bad at all
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2009
keyremotes:

Can we see more photos [lease.

I LOVE THINGS LIKE THIS. grin cheesy

Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
This is why biafra would have excel,resourcefulness and innovations igbo man is good at that on african level.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2009
redsun:

This is why biafra would have excel resourcefulness and innovations,igbo man is good at that on african level

Anything without tribalism is not Nigerian trademark i guess
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2009
redsun:

This is why biafra would have excel resourcefulness and innovations,igbo man is good at that on african level
Can you say something else please.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2009
This not about tribalism,it is about reality.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2009
The chinese input is what i am not too sure about undecided
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2009
WHAT REALITY?
REALITY THAT HAS MADE US ALL REFUSE TO GET AND GO?

THIS IS 2009 YOU KNOW.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2009
let us focus on the project.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2009
asha 80:

The chinese input is what i am not too sure about  undecided
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2009
The chinese can only be there for a while.Just like china,most of the manufacturing industries are foreign owned but man by the chinese
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2009
asha 80:

let us focus on the project.
NOW SOMEONE IS TALKING.

PEOPLE LIKE TO OVER FLOG ISSUES.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2009
keyremotes:

WHAT REALITY?
REALITY THAT HAS MADE US ALL REFUSE TO GET AND GO?

THIS IS 2009 YOU KNOW.

Where are we actually going?Backward.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2009
Go no go.Motherfucking country.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2009
any more photos?
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
Well i just hope the rolling out starts so that i can see it looks like.I know there would be skepticism about the cars( even though some can be genuine and others being plain negativity)
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
any more photos?
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Inasmuch as i love this.
I hope they will test it well to make sure it is not another dead trap.
But starting from somewhere is not bad at all

Come on bloody hypocrite!, if is not because of your tribalistic state of mind, you would have had a more constructive and subtle way to have put your view across without sounding antagonistic, is not possible for you not to have noticed you spoke from two sides of your mouth?

Fhemmmy:

Anything without tribalism is not Nigerian trademark i guess
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Litmus: 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
I am no triabalist, but praises were praises are due. I always thought Ibos are a Nigeria treasure as is Delta state and as such should be protected and invested in. Having stated this, lets not jump the gun there could be a catch. In addition, let’s not forget this isn’t the first time Nigerians manufactured cars. There is a famous case but I cant recall the precise details but in general terms, an Ibo man was said to have invented a car, with unique engines (not copied or assembled from western models) but, as the tale goes, jealous concerns threw a spanner, literally, in the works. Something about stolen diagrams ending up in South Africa… undecided undecided
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by keyremotes(m): 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
It's heart warming to know that we still have people with desire for progress around.
Corruption has almost robbed us of a genuine desire to dream real dreams.

I HAIL the initiator of this project.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2009
keyremotes:

any more photos?
I cannot find any other one.I am also curious would design and make the engine.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2009
NINETOFIVE:

Come on bloody hypocrite!, if is not because of your tribalistic state of mind, you would have had a more constructive and subtle way to have put your view across without sounding antagonistic, is not possible for you not to have noticed you spoke from two sides of your mouth?

Thanx
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by redsun(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2009
Whatever be the case,it's a grand undertaking in a country like nigeria the way it is now and it is just a tip of the iceberg.All  ittakes is conducive atmosphere for manufacturing industries to grow in africa with cheap resources and labor.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by presido1: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2009
Any comment from FG,MAN or SON. Have they carried the necessary test or will they roll them out non-tested.
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2009
presido1:

Any comment from FG,MAN or SON. Have they carried the necessary test or will they roll them out non-tested.

Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by presido1: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2009
Asha80 why? grin grin. Is FG enemy of progress? angry angry angry
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by Fhemmmy: 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2009
presido1:

I am sure they would roll them out non-tested.
But hope proper test is done on them, hope the quality assurance dept are not shallow and Nigerian govt
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by asha80(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
presido1:

Asha80 why? grin grin. Is FG enemy of progress? angry angry angry

You det talk like say you no know  grin That institution kills dreams and ideas  lipsrsealed
Re: Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Thanx

Now, that is the spirit, cool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mind Of Sanusi On Nigeria / 194 Eminent Elders Declare.......north Prepared For SNC / What Has Uduaghan Achieved In The Past 5 Years?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.