Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes (818 Views)

A Thread For Male Reproduction And Urinary System Problems And Solutions. / . / Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by bakingsoda: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
No diet plan and no amount of workout will get one in good shape when one has a posture problem.

As time goes on, posture problems start to affect the spine, shoulder, hips, and knees. This in turn alters the body frame in ways that often lead to back and joint pain, reduced flexibility and compromised muscles, all of which limits the ability of the body to burn fat and build strength.

In this post we like to share four common posture problems and how to fix them.

OVERLAPPING HEAD
When one has an overlapping head, the head shoots forward away from the center of the body form. Having a good posture is about standing upright.

Fix:
Moving your head, drop your chin down toward the center of your chest, allowing the back of your neck to stretch. Hold it in that position and count to 5. Repeat this routine regularly.

ROUNDED SHOULDERS
Rounded shoulders happen when the muscles between shoulder and the back are weak.

Fix:
Lie face down to the floor with each arm stretched out at angle 90° in an high-five position. Keeping the arms in the same angle, raise both arms by pulling your shoulders back and squeezing your shoulder blades together. Hold it in that position and count to five. Repeat this routine from time to time.

PELVIC TILT
A pelvic tilt is when your upper or lower hip bone, also known as the pelvic, tilts forward.

Fix:
Kneel on your left knee with your right foot in front of you, knee bent. Lean forward until your feel your left hip stretch. Tighten the muscles in your left butt until you feel the front of your left hip stretching freely. Raise your left arm upward and stretch to the right side. Hold it in position and count to 30. Repeat this routine frequently for each side of your hip.

ELEVATED SHOULDER
Elevated shoulder occurs when the muscles running from your ribs to your shoulder blades are weak.

Fix:
Sit upright in a chair with your hands next to your hips, palms face down on the seat and arms straight. Keep the same position and push down on the chair till your hips lift off the seat and your upper and lower chest rises. Keep that position and count to five. Repeat this routine several times from time to time.

A good posture is your ultimate step to having the good shape you wish to get. Pay more attention to your posture as much as your weight loss and fitness plan.

http://www.slimfitu.com/fitness/four-common-posture-problems-and-fixes/
Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 25, 2016
All solutions point to exercise. True. We should all try and maintain a daily exercise routine for a better life.

1 Like

Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by hakeem02: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thanks for the information
Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by chriskosherbal(m): 1:56am On Mar 26, 2016
Interesting.
Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by kriss63(m): 11:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello my name is chris.Am a male I live in lagos nigeria.Am 21 years old. I have been in a depressed state since when i was in secondary school.i have an abnormal shoulder shape that affect my choice of clothing, i dont put on long sleeve without cardigans on cause my shoulder shape is like lumpy rounded and big and am skinny pls i need help
Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by bakingsoda: 9:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
kriss63:

Hello my name is chris.Am a male I live in lagos nigeria.Am 21 years old. I have been in a depressed state since when i was in secondary school.i have an abnormal shoulder shape that affect my choice of clothing, i dont put on long sleeve without cardigans on cause my shoulder shape is like lumpy rounded and big and am skinny pls i need help
Hello, sorry about your shoulder. Refer to the fix in Rounded shoulder above. However, we also highly recommend that you see a professional for your case. There will definitely be an explanation and a lasting solution to it. We wish you all the best Chris smiley
Re: Four Common Posture Problems And Fixes by kriss63(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
bakingsoda:

Hello, sorry about your shoulder. Refer to the fix in Rounded shoulder above. However, we also highly recommend that you see a professional for your case. There will definitely be an explanation and a lasting solution to it. We wish you all the best Chris smiley
thanks i will try and see physiotherapist.my family thinks am insane when i explained this thing to them and i also see my nose so large on my face when am talking to someone or looking it makes it hard for me to focus.

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Parfait / Boy Born With Eight Fingers And Toes In China (pics) / PASJEL Spots Removal Cream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.