Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? (15532 Views)

Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu / Before & After Photos Of Prophet Elvis Mbonye Whose Members Kissed His Feet / Church Members Kissing Pastor's Feet In Front Of Congregation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2016
And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying,
The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

- 1 Kings 21:23

30Then Jehu went to Jezreel.
When Jezebel heard about it, she put on eye makeup, arranged her hair and looked out of a window.

31As Jehu entered the gate, she asked,
“Have you come in peace, you Zimri, you murderer of your master?”
32He looked up at the window and called out,
“Who is on my side? Who?”
Two or three eunuchs looked down at him.
33“Throw her down!” Jehu said.
So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot
34Jehu went in and ate and drank. “Take care of that cursed woman,” he said,
“and bury her, for she was a king’s daughter.”
35But when they went out to bury her, they found nothing except her skull, her feet and her hands.
36They went back and told Jehu, who said,
“This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite:
On the plot of ground at Jezreel dogs will devour Jezebel’s flesh.
37Jezebel’s body will be like dung on the ground in the plot at Jezreel, so that no one will be able to say, ‘This is Jezebel.’ ”
2 Kings 9:30-37

Why didn't or couldn't the dogs eat Jezebel's hands, head and feet?
Keeping in mind, this is Calvary/Easter period, what is the spiritual significance and/or spiritual parallel in the Bible?

1 Like

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 10:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Prize for tbc
[size=3pt]Possible delivery within 10 miles of my location[/size]
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by QuentinDay: 10:09am On Mar 27, 2016

I'm just
jezebel
walking by
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by analice107: 12:47am On Mar 28, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

When Jezebel heard about it, she put on eye makeup, arranged her hair and looked out of a window.

So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot
35But when they went out to bury her, they found nothing except her skull, her feet and her hands.
“This is the word of the Lord that he spoke through his servant Elijah the Tishbite:
37Jezebel’s body will be like dung on the ground in the plot at Jezreel, so that no one will be able to say, ‘This is Jezebel.’ ”

Keeping in mind, this is Calvary/Easter period, what is the spiritual significance and/or spiritual parallel in the Bible?

They could and would have, if people didn't get there as at when they did. When the people went down to see what happened to her body, the dogs were just about finishing the world meal.

2 Likes

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2016
analice107:
They could and would have, if people didn't get there as at when they did.
When the people went down to see what happened to her body, the dogs were just about finishing the whole world meal
I hail and shift seat for you. Nice try...
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MizyB(f): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

They nailed Christ's hand and feet to the cross too. On his head was a crown made of thorn- my spiritual parallel.
Spiritual significance- I don't know sir.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by analice107: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
I hail and shift seat for you. Nice try...
LOL. It was the World meal?
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 7:37am On Mar 29, 2016
MizyB:
They nailed Christ's hand and feet to the cross too. On his head was a crown made of thorn- my spiritual parallel.
Please continue, please meat upholster this skeleton, this afterall is meant to be educational

MizyB:
Spiritual significance - I don't know sir.
Please push, breathe in deep and push harder
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 7:38am On Mar 29, 2016
analice107:
LOL. It was the World meal?
Yeah the typed ''world'' predictive text instead of intended to type whole word
and particularly the easy and laid back manner innocently you posted ''would have, if people didn't get there as at when they did.
... the dogs were just about finishing the whole world meal
''
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by analice107: 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Yeah the typed ''world'' predictive text instead of intended to type whole word
and particularly the easy and laid back manner innocently you posted ''would have, if people didn't get there as at when they did.
... the dogs were just about finishing the whole world meal
''
OK. I see.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MizyB(f): 12:44am On Mar 30, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Please continue, please meat upholster this skeleton, this afterall is meant to be educational

Please push, breathe in deep and push harder
I think the remains of jezebel's hands and feet was like a proof to the fulfilment of Elijah's prophesy concerning her to those that threw her down. just as Christ's hands and feet were a sign to the doubting disciples that the prophesy concerning his death and resurrection had come to pass. In Luke 24:39, Christ was showing them his hands and feet, serving as a confirmation to the fact that he was the same one who was crucified and is alive. I don't really know about the skull but it should align with the significance of the hands and feet.

Oga MuttleyLaff, kindly help out sir.

3 Likes

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by sonofthunder: 10:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
what happened to this thread
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by udopee(f): 4:49am On Jul 07, 2016
THE DOGS THAT ATE JEZEBELS FRESH DID NOT EAT HER FEET AND PALMS OF HER HANDS BECAUSE SHE WAS PUTTING ON ARTIFICIAL NAILS ON THEM, AND HER SKULL WAS SPARED ALSO BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF PAINTING SHE APPLIED ON THEM. JEZEBEL WAS THE WOMAN THAT INTRODUCED PAINTING OF THE BODY PARTS. IF DOGS SHOULD FORBID EATING SUCH PARTS, THIS SHOULD POINT TO YOU THAT PAINTING OF FACE AND NAILS IS AN ABOMINATION. IT IS MEANT FOR THOSE THAT ARE SPOILT (JEREMIAH 4:30).
# DON'T FORGET JEZEBELIC ATTIRES #

2 Likes

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MizyB(f): 1:38am On Sep 19, 2016
Sir Muttley is this man above me correct in anyway ?
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by warmachine(m): 8:39am On Dec 07, 2016
udopee:
THE DOGS THAT ATE JEZEBELS FRESH DID NOT EAT HER FEET AND PALMS OF HER HANDS BECAUSE SHE WAS PUTTING ON ARTIFICIAL NAILS ON THEM, AND HER SKULL WAS SPARED ALSO BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF PAINTINGS SHE APPLIED ON THEM. IF DOGS SHOULD FORBID EATING SUCH PARTS, THIS IS TO POINT TO YOU THAT PAINTING OF FACE AND NAILS IS AN ABOMINATION. # DON'T FORGET JEZEBELIC ATTIRES #

False doctrine... Mtchww...religious pple

1 Like

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Gggg102(m): 7:29am On Mar 05, 2018
because they don't like the taste of makeup(maybe).

she painted her face, her hands and probably her feet. so they were covered with makeup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by peteruuu(m): 8:34am On Sep 02, 2019
udopee:
THE DOGS THAT ATE JEZEBELS FRESH DID NOT EAT HER FEET AND PALMS OF HER HANDS BECAUSE SHE WAS PUTTING ON ARTIFICIAL NAILS ON THEM, AND HER SKULL WAS SPARED ALSO BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF PAINTING SHE APPLIED ON THEM. JEZEBEL WAS THE WOMAN THAT INTRODUCED PAINTING OF THE BODY PARTS. IF DOGS SHOULD FORBID EATING SUCH PARTS, THIS SHOULD POINT TO YOU THAT PAINTING OF FACE AND NAILS IS AN ABOMINATION. IT IS MEANT FOR THOSE THAT ARE SPOILT (JEREMIAH 4:30).

Lord have mercy!
I'm just seeing thus thread but, you already preempted me!.

That's exactly what I had in mind if typing here.

Just exactly.
Words for words.

Shalom sis.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Xavi2019: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2020
@muttleyLaff, please do justice to this thread, please.
What is the answer?
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by ichuka(m): 12:33am On Jan 18, 2020
Xavi2019:
What is the answer?
Seconded!!!
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 7:19am On Jan 18, 2020
MizyB:
I think the remains of jezebel's hands and feet was like a proof to the fulfilment of Elijah's prophesy concerning her to those that threw her down. just as Christ's hands and feet were a sign to the doubting disciples that the prophesy concerning his death and resurrection had come to pass. In Luke 24:39, Christ was showing them his hands and feet, serving as a confirmation to the fact that he was the same one who was crucified and is alive. I don't really know about the skull but it should align with the significance of the hands and feet.

Oga MuttleyLaff, kindly help out sir.
You've done very well, which is why I said earlier, please push, breathe in deep and push harder

MizyB:
Sir Muttley is this man above me correct in anyway?
Nah, the man above you is not correct in anyway. We're talking of the spiritual connection here and only you, so far has been posting tbc (i.e. the best comment) You're accurate and correct with that spiritual parallel you advanced, but you stopped short of saying what the spiritual significance is

Gggg102:
because they don't like the taste of makeup (maybe).
she painted her face, her hands and probably her feet. so they were covered with makeup.
lol

udopee:
lol

peteruuu:
Lord have mercy!
I'm just seeing thus thread but, you already preempted me!.

That's exactly what I had in mind if typing here.

Just exactly.
Words for words.

Shalom sis.
lol

Xavi2019:
What is the answer?
I am just an umpire/referee

ichuka:
Seconded!!!
Will confirm, if or not, issa goal, lol.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MizyB(f): 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You've done very well, which is why I said earlier, please push, breathe in deep and push harder

Nah, the man above you is not correct in anyway. We're talking of the spiritual connection here and only you, so far has been posting tbc (i.e. the best comment) You're accurate and correct with that spiritual parallel you advanced, but you stopped short of saying what the spiritual significance is

lol

lol

lol

I am just an umpire/referee

Will confirm, if or not, issa goal, lol.
Hey,
Its been a while Muttleylaff.

I hope you provide the answers soon.
Happy new year.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Acehart: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
[size=4pt]
MuttleyLaff:

I don’t like when I give long responses; but it is inevitable here. I’m sorry for taking your time.

I think the answer to your question is idiosyncratic to you; and if I get your answer, it doesn’t mean our deduction is universal; I’m sure you have read that the mystery of Jezebel’s dismemberment has baffled many for centuries or more.

Your question - what is the spiritual significance and parallel of Jezebel’s death and Jesus’ death, is repulsive (I mean no disrespect, sir. For what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness?) Didn’t you say I should keep Calvary in mind?

Elijah prophesied the death of Ahab and his wife in ghastly details; The account says, They washed the chariot by the pool of Samaria, and the dogs licked up his blood. (1 Kings 22:38). They went to bury her, but they found nothing more of her than the skull and the feet and the palms of her hands. (2 Kings 9:35). Through these details, the writer gives how Elijah’s prophecy came to pass and also the notion of the retributive justice of Jehovah.

Ahab’s body isn’t mutilated but Jezebel’s is. Jezebel is directly involved in Naboth’s demise; Ahab is indirectly involved (by complicity in silence). As Naboth’s body was mangled, so was her’s. As a result of Ahab’s (indirect) complicity, the dogs lick his blood not directly from his body but from the chariot where he gave up the ghost.

Naboth’s death sentence by Jezebel’s hand is similar to that of Christ: the Law was twisted; for Naboth’s it was blasphemy against the King (punishable by death); for Christ Jesus, it was execution by treason (under the Roman Law) - He claimed to be a Messiah King.

After Jezebel’s dismemberment by dogs, what was left were:

1. Her skull.
2. Her palms.
3. Her feet.

The only parallelism that exists in the scriptures with regards to Jezebel’s death is the remains of the destruction of Dagon’s graven image:

1. It’s fall.
2. The severance of its head and palms from its trunk.
3. Similar contemptuousness of the phrase employed by the writer to describe their dismemberment.

If there is any spiritual meaning to the dismemberment of Dagon and Jezebel, it would be to show all saints that they should be confident that they day of triumph approaches; for as Matthew Henry said, The kingdom of Satan will certainly fall before the kingdom of Christ, error before truth, profaneness before godliness, and corruption before grace in the hearts of the faithful.

However, is there a parallel between Jezebel’s mode of death and Jesus’? God forbid.

Jesus’ head was impaled by thorns; His hands and feet were pierced with nails. But His body was not dismembered as the scriptures said: He protects all his bones; not one of them will be broken. (Psa.34:20, John 19:33). Instead of falling, He is lifted up. If this is the case, Jesus’ death is antithetical to Jezebel’s;

Jezebel and Dagon are symbols of iniquity and their dismemberment points to Jehovah’s triumph; then (man’s) iniquity laid upon Christ was a symbol of righteousness and the preservation of His bones the effect of God’s promise.

In the biblical sense, dogs are unclean animals; but the term “dogs” is also used to describe religious ‘prostitutes’ (those given to syncretism) and evildoers. The word “eat” means “to believe”. In the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, we are told that the dogs licked Lazarus’ sore (but didn’t devour his flesh); It could be said those who were religiously syncretic would only acknowledge his teaching but they would not believe it. Biblically, “flesh” or “meat” means “teaching” or “doctrine“. When a dog licks food it is meant to devour, it means it detests such food. In Jezebel’s case, they eat the flesh of the head leaving behind the skull.

Her head or mind with which she established Ba’al worship and teaching in Israel was attractive to dogs but its bone was repulsive. The word “bone” signifiies deep truths or depth. Do you remember the “vision of dry bones in the valley” by Ezekiel? It was a picturesque revelation of Israel’s hopelessness. Jezebel’s doctrine was superficial, to say the least; her religion had hopelessness at its core.

Her palms, with which she signed, solicited the cooperation of false witnesses, and falsified documents with orders to commit judicial murder against a righteous man: If the hands are the symbol of man’s activity, then Jezebel’s palms reveals how hard she worked to slay the righteous. Even the dogs found her endless endeavor against the innocent repulsive.

The feet by which she led the northern tribes into the grooves of Ba’al led her soldiers to hunt down God’s prophets were left alone by the dogs because her feet that was swift in running to mischief was abominable.

The account of Jezebel’s life is short, but they are synonymous to her remains: the skull - nothing is said about the deep things of her religion; the palms - her unrighteous endeavor is well documented; and the feet - where she came from and how she walked the face of the earth is renowned. (If there is any parallel with Christ, it is that the palms and feet testifies of their lives. For Christ, they show the extent of His love; and that He died and resurrected in bodily form).

If Lazarus is an antitype of Christ, the blood from his sores are repulsive to dogs; the vile intention of dogs towards him would be futile- When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh, my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
udopee:
Ignorance on RAMPAGE!

1 Like

Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 3:55am On Mar 23, 2020
Acehart:
I don’t like when I give long responses; but it is inevitable here. I’m sorry for taking your time.
A man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Acehart:
I think the answer to your question is idiosyncratic to you; and if I get your answer, it doesn’t mean our deduction is universal; I’m sure you have read that the mystery of Jezebel’s dismemberment has baffled many for centuries or more.
"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.
(i.e. It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them)
"
- Proverbs 25:2

Acehart:
Your question - what is the spiritual significance and parallel of Jezebel’s death and Jesus’ death, is repulsive (I mean no disrespect, sir. For what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness?) Didn’t you say I should keep Calvary in mind?
Smh. Na small pikin ignorant of the power of the plant/herb, that calls it vegetable. I said, keep Calvary in mind, for very good and positive spiritual connotation reasons

Acehart:
Elijah prophesied the death of Ahab and his wife in ghastly details; The account says, They washed the chariot by the pool of Samaria, and the dogs licked up his blood. (1 Kings 22:38). They went to bury her, but they found nothing more of her than the skull and the feet and the palms of her hands. (2 Kings 9:35). Through these details, the writer gives how Elijah’s prophecy came to pass and also the notion of the retributive justice of Jehovah.

Ahab’s body isn’t mutilated but Jezebel’s is. Jezebel is directly involved in Naboth’s demise; Ahab is indirectly involved (by complicity in silence). As Naboth’s body was mangled, so was her’s. As a result of Ahab’s (indirect) complicity, the dogs lick his blood not directly from his body but from the chariot where he gave up the ghost.

Naboth’s death sentence by Jezebel’s hand is similar to that of Christ: the Law was twisted; for Naboth’s it was blasphemy against the King (punishable by death); for Christ Jesus, it was execution by treason (under the Roman Law) - He claimed to be a Messiah King.

After Jezebel’s dismemberment by dogs, what was left were:

1. Her skull.
2. Her palms.
3. Her feet.

The only parallelism that exists in the scriptures with regards to Jezebel’s death is the remains of the destruction of Dagon’s graven image:

1. It’s fall.
2. The severance of its head and palms from its trunk.
3. Similar contemptuousness of the phrase employed by the writer to describe their dismemberment.

If there is any spiritual meaning to the dismemberment of Dagon and Jezebel, it would be to show all saints that they should be confident that they day of triumph approaches; for as Matthew Henry said, The kingdom of Satan will certainly fall before the kingdom of Christ, error before truth, profaneness before godliness, and corruption before grace in the hearts of the faithful.

However, is there a parallel between Jezebel’s mode of death and Jesus’? God forbid.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Where is/are the answer?
After all that huff and puff?

Acehart:
Jesus’ head was impaled by thorns; His hands and feet were pierced with nails. But His body was not dismembered as the scriptures said: He protects all his bones; not one of them will be broken. (Psa.34:20, John 19:33). Instead of falling, He is lifted up. If this is the case, Jesus’ death is antithetical to Jezebel’s;

Jezebel and Dagon are symbols of iniquity and their dismemberment points to Jehovah’s triumph; then (man’s) iniquity laid upon Christ was a symbol of righteousness and the preservation of His bones the effect of God’s promise.
With all due respect and appreciation of your effort, but honestly speaking, this is just confused, piecing together disjointed fragments of information

Acehart:
In the biblical sense, dogs are unclean animals; but the term “dogs” is also used to describe religious ‘prostitutes’ (those given to syncretism) and evildoers. The word “eat” means “to believe”. In the parable of Lazarus and the rich man, we are told that the dogs licked Lazarus’ sore (but didn’t devour his flesh); It could be said those who were religiously syncretic would only acknowledge his teaching but they would not believe it. Biblically, “flesh” or “meat” means “teaching” or “doctrine“. When a dog licks food it is meant to devour, it means it detests such food. In Jezebel’s case, they eat the flesh of the head leaving behind the skull.

Her head or mind with which she established Ba’al worship and teaching in Israel was attractive to dogs but its bone was repulsive. The word “bone” signifiies deep truths or depth. Do you remember the “vision of dry bones in the valley” by Ezekiel? It was a picturesque revelation of Israel’s hopelessness. Jezebel’s doctrine was superficial, to say the least; her religion had hopelessness at its core.

Her palms, with which she signed, solicited the cooperation of false witnesses, and falsified documents with orders to commit judicial murder against a righteous man: If the hands are the symbol of man’s activity, then Jezebel’s palms reveals how hard she worked to slay the righteous. Even the dogs found her endless endeavor against the innocent repulsive.

The feet by which she led the northern tribes into the grooves of Ba’al led her soldiers to hunt down God’s prophets were left alone by the dogs because her feet that was swift in running to mischief was abominable.

The account of Jezebel’s life is short, but they are synonymous to her remains: the skull - nothing is said about the deep things of her religion; the palms - her unrighteous endeavor is well documented; and the feet - where she came from and how she walked the face of the earth is renowned. (If there is any parallel with Christ, it is that the palms and feet testifies of their lives. For Christ, they show the extent of His love; and that He died and resurrected in bodily form).

If Lazarus is an antitype of Christ, the blood from his sores are repulsive to dogs; the vile intention of dogs towards him would be futile- When evildoers came against me to devour my flesh, my foes and my enemies stumbled and fell.
Tbh, I dont know what your game plan is or what really was your reason for coming to do this mystery question, but I can tell you for free, that you successfully deviated from answering the easy, simple, straightforward and direct question.

You totally went off tangent and stopped completely from answering:
"Why didn't or couldn't the dogs eat Jezebel's hands, head and feet?
"

I've literally used a magnifying glass, to go over your post, just to be sure I havent missed where you might have left or dropped off, your answer to the simple unambiguous "why.." question, but alas, still nada. Smh, what I did stumble upon though, in the haystack of it all, were cushioned veiled harsh, derisive snarky remarks, but its all good, as its impossible to have a picnic without having pesky ants, crawl in, looking for sugar or whatnot, lol. I sensed you from having and/or hold a grudge, selectively jumped on this thread, to have it in for me, lol. Yeah, call me paranoid, lol
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Acehart: 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Tbh, I dont know what your game plan is or what really was your reason for coming to do this mystery question, but I can tell you for free, that you successfully deviated from answering the easy, simple, straightforward and direct question.

You totally went off tangent and stopped completely from answering:
"

I've literally used a magnifying glass, to go over your post, just to be sure I havent missed where you might have left or dropped off, your answer to the simple unambiguous "why.." question, but alas, still nada. Smh, what I did stumble upon though, in the haystack of it all, were cushioned veiled harsh, derisive snarky remarks, but its all good, as its impossible to have a picnic without having pesky ants, crawl in, looking for sugar or whatnot, lol. I sensed you from having and/or hold a grudge, selectively jumped on this thread, to have it in for me, lol. Yeah, call me paranoid, lol

I’m sorry for the difficultly my response caused you. I have just realized that I have a big flaw (which has not refused to leave me for many years);

In primary school, I drew a lot and made quite a number of comics. After school hours while waiting to be picked up, I’d play, and when there was no one to play with, I’ll look for books other pupils left behind. By the time they returned the next day, they’d find that their 80 leaves books had been reduced to 20 leaves: I used the empty pages to make comics of Judge Dred, The Punisher, Superman, the Penalty shootout between Cameroon and England etc.

A few months ago, I attended a (new) church and a Q&A session was in progress; it was coordinated by the church pastor. (The congregation was split in two groups, and candies were given to those who answered correctly). A little while into the session, he asked my group: “What does suffering achieve for a child of God?”. For about 15 seconds no one raised a finger to make an attempt to answer the question; then I raised my hands and said: “Suffering produces character in a child of God”. The pastor pondered about my response; mumbled with muffled sounds with his body vacillating, for about a minute while the church waited for his verdict. Then he said, “not correct. Group A who can give an answer”. I was chuffed. I waited till the service was over and approached him: I said: “Sir, I am correct, but you said I am wrong. This is what the Bible says in Romans 5:4 in the NIV”. “In this church we don’t use any other version than the King James Version”, He retorted. He went to the pulpit, and returned with a big Bible. He put on his “magnifying glass” and he checked my reference - Romans 5:4, and it read “experience” instead of “character”. “It says ‘experience’. In this church, we don’t use any other version than the King James Version”, he retorted while looking into my eyes. Someone called out to him and he requested that I waited for him so that he may attend to the church member who sought his presence. After he was through with that business, he walked towards the pulpit and returned with the New Year’s calendar and a picture of the Holy Bible with a bold inscription: KJV, printed on it. “You see”, he said with a tone of conviction. “Yes”, I replied. He gave me the calendar and I departed for my house.

My intention was not sinister but I hope my primary school narrative would reveal the true picture. (I had one of my favorite songs, Madonna’s Frozen, playing in head while typing this).

Have a nice day. Be safe.
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by MuttleyLaff: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
Acehart:
I’m sorry for the difficultly my response caused you. I have just realized that I have a big flaw (which has not refused to leave me for many years);
Your response caused me no difficulties at all. Maybe it was me imagining seeing some underlining interjected antagonistic remarks, but anyway, it doesnt matter, so I am not fazed, lol. We are afterall work in progress, and not in the real sense of it, the finished article, yet, lol. We are image, the likeness part, is continuum, lol. Dont worry, you'll get the "continuum", later, lol

Acehart:
In primary school, I drew a lot and made quite a number of comics. After school hours while waiting to be picked up, I’d play, and when there was no one to play with, I’ll look for books other pupils left behind. By the time they returned the next day, they’d find that their 80 leaves books had been reduced to 20 leaves: I used the empty pages to make comics of Judge Dred, The Punisher, Superman, the Penalty shootout between Cameroon and England etc.
Thought it is Dredd and not Dred

Acehart:
A few months ago, I attended a (new) church and a Q&A session was in progress; it was coordinated by the church pastor. (The congregation was split in two groups, and candies were given to those who answered correctly). A little while into the session, he asked my group: “What does suffering achieve for a child of God?”. For about 15 seconds no one raised a finger to make an attempt to answer the question; then I raised my hands and said: “Suffering produces character in a child of God”. The pastor pondered about my response; mumbled with muffled sounds with his body vacillating, for about a minute while the church waited for his verdict. Then he said, “not correct. Group A who can give an answer”. I was chuffed. I waited till the service was over and approached him: I said: “Sir, I am correct, but you said I am wrong. This is what the Bible says in Romans 5:4 in the NIV”. “In this church we don’t use any other version than the King James Version”, He retorted. He went to the pulpit, and returned with a big Bible. He put on his “magnifying glass” and he checked my reference - Romans 5:4, and it read “experience” instead of “character”. “It says ‘experience’. In this church, we don’t use any other version than the King James Version”, he retorted while looking into my eyes. Someone called out to him and he requested that I waited for him so that he may attend to the church member who sought his presence. After he was through with that business, he walked towards the pulpit and returned with the New Year’s calendar and a picture of the Holy Bible with a bold inscription: KJV, printed on it. “You see”, he said with a tone of conviction. “Yes”, I replied. He gave me the calendar and I departed for my house.
You are actually 100% correct in your answer to that monumental arrogant pastor about: "... Suffering produces character ..."

Acehart, I think you know your snakes from your salamanders, lol, and because of that , I am going to clear you, on something that lends weight to what you said concerning "... Suffering produces character ..." lol. You see, Adam and Eve (i.e. A&E), started in the garden of Eden with no character whatsoever, you could say without any essential firsthand experience, lol. Yup A&E were a pair of blank slates. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE) was placed in their in the middle of Eden, so that as they suffer the TKGE, they'll develop character and/or experience, lol. In fact, it doesnt matter however way, manner and/or time, lol, they suffered the TKGE, they will develop character and/or experience. It is a sure banker, even the name of the tree, is self-fulfilling and self prophesying statement, lol, telling you what you see, is what you'll get, lol, so whether you eat or not, you will over time, develop or build character and/or have experience.

A&E, impatiently jumped the gun, subjected themselves to TKGE, the wrong way, the wrong time and wronged God when they gave in to having some of the TKGE, lol. Let me break it down a little bit, lol so to get a better and clearer perspective, lol. A rock pelted with alternating and successive rain, sunshine, gusty debris wind etcetera subjected to knocks and hit, suffering all sorts of weather, over time develops a unique character

What does suffering achieve for a child of God?” that was the question. Well, whether animate or inanimate object, just as you told the pastor, it produces charater. Case in point. Pull out two different $10, ₦100 or £10 banknotes and compare them, you'll notice because they've suffered so many changing hands, have developed particular characteristics peculiar to only them each, lol

Acehart:
My intention was not sinister
Water under bridge. Water on a duck's back. Oin. Leave that one ojaare for LAWMA, lol.

Acehart:
... but I hope my primary school narrative would reveal the true picture. (I had one of my favorite songs, Madonna’s Frozen, playing in head while typing this).
Have a nice day. Be safe.
I found it to a certain degree enjoyingly interesting to read, my only reservation, is you still didnt anywhere in it again answer the question. You, again totally went off tangent and rabbitted on, about everything else except give the answer to:
"
Re: How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet? by Acehart: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Your response caused me no difficulties at all. Maybe it was me imagining seeing some underlining interjected antagonistic remarks, but anyway, it doesnt matter, so I am not fazed, lol. We are afterall work in progress, and not in the real sense of it, the finished article, yet, lol. We are image, the likeness part, is continuum, lol. Dont worry, you'll get the "continuum", later, lol

Thought it is Dredd and not Dred

You are actually 100% correct in your answer to that monumental arrogant pastor about: "... Suffering produces character ..."

Acehart, I think you know your snakes from your salamanders, lol, and because of that , I am going to clear you, on something that lends weight to what you said concerning "... Suffering produces character ..." lol. You see, Adam and Eve (i.e. A&E), started in the garden of Eden with no character whatsoever, you could say without any essential firsthand experience, lol. Yup A&E were a pair of blank slates. The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil (i.e. TKGE) was placed in their in the middle of Eden, so that as they suffer the TKGE, they'll develop character and/or experience, lol. In fact, it doesnt matter however way, manner and/or time, lol, they suffered the TKGE, they will develop character and/or experience. It is a sure banker, even the name of the tree, is self-fulfilling and self prophesying statement, lol, telling you what you see, is what you'll get, lol, so whether you eat or not, you will over time, develop or build character and/or have experience.

A&E, impatiently jumped the gun, subjected themselves to TKGE, the wrong way, the wrong time and wronged God when they gave in to having some of the TKGE, lol. Let me break it down a little bit, lol so to get a better and clearer perspective, lol. A rock pelted with alternating and successive rain, sunshine, gusty debris wind etcetera subjected to knocks and hit, suffering all sorts of weather, over time develops a unique character

What does suffering achieve for a child of God?” that was the question. Well, whether animate or inanimate object, just as you told the pastor, it produces charater. Case in point. Pull out two different $10, ₦100 or £10 banknotes and compare them, you'll notice because they've suffered so many changing hands, have developed particular characteristics peculiar to only them each, lol

Water under bridge. Water on a duck's back. Oin. Leave that one ojaare for LAWMA, lol.

I found it to a certain degree enjoyingly interesting to read, my only reservation, is you still didnt anywhere in it again answer the question. You, again totally went off tangent and rabbitted on, about everything else except give the answer to:
"

These are the type of responses I expected from you because I think you are intelligent and you also have the humor of a short man, lol. I wanted to learn from you but as Madonna sang, “You want to see what your eyes want to see”.

I actually feel like taking your response as my gift and not bother about the question anymore. (If I took the calendar gift from an arrogant man without throwing it away, your reply is much better and it deserves to be cherished).

I answered the question in my first response. Your magnifying glass was foggy. Lol. Thank God, the heat of the Sun has made them clearer. (Please don’t go back to read it).

Dredd (Yes! Judge Dredd. Thank you), Super Ted, Birdman etc. Their books would be meaningless (forever) after the term; but I’ll keep my comics till a silverfish destroys them.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

There Is No Wedding Ring In The Old Or New Testaments. / Why Do People Name Their Children 'jacob'. Is The Name Even Good? / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.