Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,847 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja (29698 Views)

FRSC Officer Climbs A Car In Nasarawa To Stop Stubborn Driver. Photos / Armed Robbers Storm First Bank In Ekiti, Police Officer Killed. Graphic Photos / Malik Nasir Storming Lagos Creeks In Search Of Kidnappers, Shares His Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 26, 2016
stupid man he was. Even PMB had enough sense to dodge Boko Haram assignment under GEJ.... and has not visited the region till date.
lordpherow98:
D man carry govt work 4 head Ni?
He get mind stand for road wen fast car dey come, all in d name of work ..
Na him wife and children I pity
RIP

1 Like

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by refiner(f): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2016
SmartChoices:
HMM HMM collection of bribes ehn...what da hell happened to taking the plate numbers which they put "security" features on and forced us to buy?

how d hell are u gonna take a plate number of a car in motion?undecided
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2016
McCarlito:
Why wont he be knocked down angry
With the way they gallantly stand infront of moving vehicles all in the name of carrying out duties....

Still RIP anyway
i wish u his predicament and more in your line of duty
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by pedrilo: 11:46am On Mar 26, 2016
FRSC own for FCT is just too much. RIP tho
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 26, 2016
they put security features....and must he catch all da offending cars....mores why da hell was he standing in front of a car in motion and how was the offending driver eventually apprehended?

refiner:

how d hell are u gonna take a plate number of a car in motion?undecided

1 Like

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by huntax(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2016
TooNoisy:

Just Shut the hell up okay!
You've never experienced the lunacy of these FRSC people, that's why you feel this way. Just imagine thosehighway policemen stopping cars for 100 bucks, getting knocked down someday... I'll just shake my head and pass by because he asked for it.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by wellmax(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2016
olafunny:
The truth is bitter, but i must say this: The way these so called FRSC officials stay in d middle of the road to stop cars is uncalled for. This is government work, it's not a do or die affair. And it's nt even dat they remit all the monies they collect into the proper account. Ta ba ran ni nise eru, a fi t'omo je ni.

R.I.P to the dead. May God forgv all ur sins. Lesson for others.

As good a your comment is, I don't like the mindset of 'na govt hob, let's do it any how'. That is very wrong. Little wonder our nation is the way it is.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by donem: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2016
most of this officers are always reckless, in the course of service discharge.

They behave as if theve got duplicated copy of their lifes back home.

After all their gingering, when they flag me down, I ID myself they make way for me.

Rip to the dead officer (esprit de' corps).
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by IYANGBALI: 11:51am On Mar 26, 2016
What makes the letter "J" very special is-JESUS was born in JUDEA which is in JERUSALEM whose father was JOSEPH the son of JACOB. He was baptised by JOHN the baptist in the most popular river JORDAN; which is located at the wilderness of JUDEA. JAMES and JOHN were his best disciples, he was also known as the king of the JEWS. He was sold by JUDAS Iscariot just for thirty pieces of silver and when he died, JOSEPH of Arimathea requested for his body and was buried in JERUSALEM, that's why he is the God of JUSTICE. His name is JEHOVAH JIREH.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Elinob(m): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2016
He work has if it is working 4 his father not knowing dat is government work I wish it was a police; RIP but next generation work with ur numba 6.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Ada9103(f): 11:54am On Mar 26, 2016
Chai! There is God ooo
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by kYjelly2: 11:55am On Mar 26, 2016
On highways, authorities should pull people over in their squad cars.

I don't think it wise how these officials just stand by the road side.

Well, I've seen the new police rides in lagos pull people over. I don't know if it was for legit reasons, but at least, it seems like a step in the right direction.

However, road safety still just stands on the side of the highway and try to flag slower moving vehicles cause high speed ones usually just speed past them.

I really don't know the situation surrounding this incident, but R.I.P to the officer.

They need to change, cause even I am guilty of speeding up when I see road safety ahead on the side of a highway. I usually just think to myself, how do these guys ever hope to stop me on a highway while being on foot?

1 Like

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by olafunny(m): 11:57am On Mar 26, 2016
wellmax:

As good a your comment is, I don't like the mindset of 'na govt hob, let's do it any how'. That is very wrong. Little wonder our nation is the way it is.
well, i didnt mean it shud be done anyhw, bt hw wud a reasonable human being see a car coming at full speed and still stays in d middle of d road to apprehend such driver. At least, save your life nd do another day.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by wristbangle: 11:57am On Mar 26, 2016
TooNoisy:

I honestly feel for the family of the deceased but let's call a spade, a spade; the way these FRSC officers stand in the middle of highway to stop speeding vehicles approaching beats my imagination.

Same situation almost happened last wk @ lagos-ibadan expressway when an officer was trying to stop a trailer which has lost its break. Thank God for his colleagues and well wishers to run for his dear life else he would have become a history today. All in the name of what? Money
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by teegrams(m): 11:57am On Mar 26, 2016
i had a close experience but was lucky ,this issue needs to be redressed
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 26, 2016
Icecomrade:

Sad

I wish it was a police that got killed like this. I won't feel a thing.

FRSC are one the good guys in my books

That's a terrible thing to say, really crass and unfeeling. No one deserves to be killed in the course of carrying out their duties. The same police officers you wish dead are the same ones you call upon when you need them on your side. Yes, many are corrupt, but that's the police force you have in Nigeria. They are still human beings like you and me.

Just be careful of what you wish for, least it comes back to haunt, or bite you. There are good and bad in every profession. Have a bit of respect for a fellow Nigerian who was killed.

May the dead man's gentle soul rest in perfect peace, I pray God grants his family the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Greataausim(m): 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
toyetade:

Just shut it. You are heartless. Every job has its risk and we should salute their commitment and bravery. Its all to make our country safer

Hmmm, the officer is doing his work, bcoz seeing the boys who jam the officer some days back, its clears that the boys are on drugs..... Co-dine, Skunk(SK), Tramadol, Roshi, ref nor, or Tutoli, bcoz I saw one of the boys tongue blue and some of the they eyes were like horse blood colours......

2 Likes

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
Mprepz:

fine! so he stood in front of an approaching car and was knocked down.

was he trying to form Iron Man or what!

I guess you were there, and have all the facts that lead to this guy being knocked down and killed?
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by greatbrian(m): 12:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
RIP MAN at least the world will hv lesser hungry pple to feed................ I pray I then government compensate ur family sha. Dz if ur ogas at the top won't arrange it within diaself
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by suteco16: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
TooNoisy:

Truth is bitter!

Why must they stand at the middle of high way
Road

Government should use modern technology in clamping down on road user offenders rather than wasting the lives of gallant officers

May his soul rests in peace

1 Like

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by iswallker(m): 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
McCarlito:
With the way they gallantly stand infront of moving vehicles all in the name of carrying out duties....

Still RIP anyway

rip to the dead. he died in a bid to generate revenue for Nigeria.. undecided
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Greataausim(m): 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
Elinob:
He work has if it is working 4 his father not knowing dat is government work I wish it was a police; RIP but next generation work with ur numba 6.

And u think u are not the government? Pls respects our security agents pls, they sacrisfy their live jux cos of u.......
God bless nigeria and nigerians,
God bless my fellow nairalanders
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by huntax(m): 12:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Gabrielwilliams:
Terrible.... But the way those FRSC ppl dey do for road like say them get spare lives.. Rip sir
Something like this

Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Elinob(m): 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Greataausim:

And u think u are not the government? Pls respects our security agents pls, they sacrisfy their live jux cos of u.......
God bless nigeria and nigerians,
God bless my fellow nairalanders
dat kind respect 4 Nigerian police ?
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
this na lastma

huntax:

Something like this
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by andyanders: 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2016
McCarlito:

Still RIP anyway

Exactly. Some of them don't reason with their brain at all. Were they not trained to understand that you can take the Tag Number of the vehicle and later trace the owner of the car? Instead they prefer to stand in front of an a drunk driver because no sane driver would run over an officer.

Sometimes, these officers should be trained to apply minimal force and use their brain whenever such a case arises, than to throw themselves on a moving car. Sometimes, you find some of them dragging the steering with the driver when in motion. A life taken cannot be brought back hence they should understand that they are dealing with people with different characters.

Anyway, I pity the family and pray to God for the repose of his soul.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by PAPI4LYF(m): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=247frolicboss post=44116347]Lawal Nasir, a Commander at Federal Road Safety Corps(FRSC) shared the news on Facebook. The driver has been apprehended. What he wrote below:

"One of FRSC Gallant Officers, Tony was knocked down by a lunatic driver while on official duty yesterday in fct Abuja n the officer passed on. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace" Amen!

RIP GALLANT OFFICER
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by refiner(f): 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
SmartChoices:
they put security features....and must he catch all da offending cars....mores why da hell was he standing in front of a car in motion and how was the offending driver eventually apprehended?

its ok sha....buh at least u av gat to show some respect for d dead...no matter wat caused it...rite?
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Bollinger(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
buygala:
The posters below me tho...

All of them carrying on about how FRSC officials stand in d middle of the road while performing their duty, thus blaming the dude for his own death undecided... as if they were there when The man stood like Spartacus in the middle of the road and got himself killed...I am still looking for the part where the report says he died while standing in d middle of the road undecided

A lot of peeps get knocked down and killed while walking on the pedestrian lane or even sitting down in their own balconies sad...

So it's only right that we just commiserate with d dude's family and stop all the finger-pointing and needless grandstanding angry .

I am not saying it's right to do silly stuff in the course of doing our jobs... but it's also not right to automatically jump to unwarranted conclusions and blame corpses for their own death sad

But one has to deduce that that was what happened considering this is the way we see them do their jobs. And they do it not because they love the job but because of the instant and illegal gratification popularly known as "egunje". I have been to many "normal" countries and I am yet to see law enforcement officials standing in the middle of a road trying to stop oncoming vehicles when these vehicles are at full speed. In fact, I am yet to hear of policemen getting knocked down by cars. Nigeria is weird.
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by Babyphinas(f): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
RIP
Re: Lawal Nasir, FRSC Officer Killed By Reckless Driver In Abuja by andyanders: 1:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bollinger:

But one has to deduce that that was what happened considering this is the way we see them do their jobs. And they do it not because they love the job but because of the instant and illegal gratification popularly known as "egunje". I have been to many "normal" countries and I am yet to see law enforcement officials standing in the middle of a road trying to stop oncoming vehicles when these vehicles are at full speed. In fact, I am yet to hear of policemen getting knocked down by cars. Nigeria is weird.

Exactly on point. It is an eyesore seeing these officials jump on a moving vehicle without considering the danger involved with their action because of their selfishness of enriching themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Civil Servant Commits Suicide In Abia Over Unpaid Salaries / How Police Slapped Me & Withdrew ₦390k From My Account In Lagos - Man / Four Fake Soldiers Held In Lagos (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.