Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? (44124 Views)

Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish / Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness / Haven't Seen This Sort Of Kindness...ever! Soul-satisfying Indeed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by RaptorX: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
He should have asked the cost of the phone and either buy a replacement or give you the cash equivalent. That is what I would do to clear any ambiguity about trying to play a fast one. Nigerians and sentiment... if you lose my phone I expect to be reimbursed, at least make an offer its up to me to say forget about it. Anything else is bs, enough of all this playing on people's intelligence.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by TONYE001(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel, you did the right thing, I believe. Your mum, probably, was just trying to teach you how not to give out your stuffs "carelessly"..

Meanwhile, why are folks asking whether the OP still lives with his mum? Is anything wrong with that? He's got a job; he can afford to live by himself...he chose to..... Haba..
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by vision2050: 8:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:

I didn't tell her directly, nah talk just reach dat Syd, never knew I had spilled it until the lambasting came from her.
eeyah , next time be careful. All this mumsy are funny, over react at times or should I say na their nature.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by freecocoa(f): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Don't be depressed by what your mom said.. You know how women think at times

You did the ryt thing man cool
What has "women" got to do with the matter? Must you be an a$$? Some things should be beneath us.

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Boldeyez7: 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
Mugus everywhere you go!!!
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by meekstan(m): 8:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
its not an act of foolishness to me
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Electronzeez(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Same also happened to me, a female friend gave me her phone to use since am not using browsing phone, few days later it was removed from my pocket by pickpocket I was dumbfounded totally on how to explain to the lady on how I lost the phone. I summon courage and explained to her, she told me never to worry about the phone and I should forget it. Though was grateful for her act of kindness. But each time I see this lady I felt I as if I played on her intelligence. God bears me witness

Sorry bro I just need to laugh at the bolded grin
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by kosokoadeyemi: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Don't mind ur mom,God will definately reward.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
nsedet:
Well from all u'v said u'v jus made d whole world know you are " mumi's pet".

Mummy's ke, when my other siblings full house...
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by amagunnerfan: 8:55pm On Mar 26, 2016
Your mom is just been a mother ( someone that cares but a bit old school ), let go mate. It could happen to you too.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by tosyne2much(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
freecocoa:
What has "women" got to do with the matter? Must you be an a$$? Some things should be beneath us.
We are all entitled to our opinion.. You aired yours and I also aired mine.. We all have brains but think differently

Pls don't insult me
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by mancheeutd(m): 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
We are all entitled to our opinion.. You aired your and I also aired mine.. We all have brains but think differently

Pls don't insult me

baba no vex u know what freecocoa can cause to the brain especially when it's free
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
ilyas26:
You are so naive and you trust easily. Your mum was right, I've been in this situation before. Bro if you don't wisen up you'll loose bigger things in future

thanks bro, I've been waiting for someone to just say what you've just said. that's my major problem, I trust easily, and I've had a few cases of heartbreak cuz of that...
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by metroid(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Same also happened to me, a female friend gave me her phone to use since am not using browsing phone, few days later it was removed from my pocket by pickpocket I was dumbfounded totally on how to explain to the lady on how I lost the phone. I summon courage and explained to her, she told me never to worry about the phone and I should forget it. Though was grateful for her act of kindness. But each time I see this lady I felt I as if I played on her intelligence. God bears me witness

Did you play on her intelligence
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
mancheeutd:

baba no vex u know what freecocoa can cause to the brain especially when it's free

guy seriously, all Nigerian comedians combined are all learners for where you dey. gringringringringringrin
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by AceDomino(m): 9:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ol'boy, you did the right thing n the very best thing that any sensible being would do.

2 Big Thumbs Up

Lemme say.... You're the best
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by omron(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
Walahi u do well U show that u are matured
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by freecocoa(f): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
We are all entitled to our opinion.. You aired yours and I also aired mine.. We all have brains but think differently

Pls don't insult me
You are allowed to think differently doesn't mean you have the right to insult women, is all am saying.

If your view is disrespectful to women, then expect to be called out on it, albeit I agree that I could have been subtle, comments like yours are triggers.

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by olubenjazzy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2016
U did nothing wrong, mum sometimes will always be mum....

Even d torchlight fone isn't too costly u can always buy a new one. (if Na my street, you go see one for 1k wink)
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by chibyz(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
am so proud of you, you did the right thing, but tell your friend to get an internet phone it will help his life!
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by nnanna11: 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:
I have no intention of boring you with no epistle neither am I seeking attention. I just want to view people's different opinions on a decision I took a few days ago.
There's a colleague in my place of work who is a pastor (not full time). he uses a small Nokia phone while I use an infinix hot 2 together with a small itel. The colleague came to me asking if I could exchange my itel with his Nokia phone reason because the itel phone has internet connectivity while the Nokia phone only has torch light. He claims he hasn't been online for a couple of months, in summary he just want to surf the net. I, being so generous and simple thought to myself, I do have a better one I browse with, so I decided to do the exchange. few weeks later, he was ready to return my phone, he told me but I wasn't with his phone so I told him I would bring it the following day.
Fast forward to the next day, I got to the office before him, and on sighting him I remembered I wasn't with his phone, right there I made a U turn without him seeing me, I went back home to get his phone and rushed back to the office. After the first quarter of the day, he came to my office only for him to explain how the phone got stolen the previous day where he went to charge (I blame PHCN for that). Then he asked me, what should we do. I got so dumbfounded and confused, I thought for a while and decided to let go. I gave him his phone and told him to forget about the idea of getting me a new phone, cuz it seems to me like revenge.
on getting home, I explained everything to my mom only for her to shade me and lambast my action. she said I acted so foolishly and made my consciousness sour. now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

I'm still not sure if his "pastorial calling" influenced my decision or not.
Your mother is a wicked and stingy woman. nonsense mtheeew
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by 1metre: 9:15pm On Mar 26, 2016
gbaskiboy:
that is the worst part of human nature...the way u feel each time u see her, is the same way she will feel,don't think it's forgotten
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Rexhenrex(m): 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
mytime24:
Ideycum
nawa o
mytime24:
Ideycum
nawa o
mytime24:
Ideycum
nawa o
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by tosyne2much(m): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
mancheeutd:

When you say you no wan fight some people go sha wan provoke you.. Smh
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Holyamos(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Follow ur mind.....u av done d right thing already.....just let it be
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Temmytea70(m): 9:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
daniska3yaro:
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-
centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten
tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest person with the
smallest mind.
Think big anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you might
get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
Your mum is just doing her duty as ur mother but trust me,ur mum is proud of u
God bless u,sir.

You could still pass your message using fewer words
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Pause: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dude, you just got played. It's totally an act of foolishness. The so called pastor showed no remorse. If indeed the phone was stolen, he should have looked for you and begged first thing in the morning. This story of what should we do is one kind. - Prolly testing your muguness. And you passed in flying colour. Sorry man it's life, we live and learn. So learn and stop justifying your foolish act.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by forap(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
1bkaye:
Not foolish, you were just nice and unfortunately these things happen sometimes

What is 'what should we do?' by the way? lol I feel as though your colleague should've compensated you in some way though, mistake or not and even with your refusal

Ditto

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Lotechi(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
you did the right thing!!!i wud av done same even though he was nt even a christian
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by fF01(m): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Op u b john o!
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by humbleself242(m): 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dharniel:
I have no intention of boring you with no epistle neither am I seeking attention. I just want to view people's different opinions on a decision I took a few days ago.
There's a colleague in my place of work who is a pastor (not full time). he uses a small Nokia phone while I use an infinix hot 2 together with a small itel. The colleague came to me asking if I could exchange my itel with his Nokia phone reason because the itel phone has internet connectivity while the Nokia phone only has torch light. He claims he hasn't been online for a couple of months, in summary he just want to surf the net. I, being so generous and simple thought to myself, I do have a better one I browse with, so I decided to do the exchange. few weeks later, he was ready to return my phone, he told me but I wasn't with his phone so I told him I would bring it the following day.
Fast forward to the next day, I got to the office before him, and on sighting him I remembered I wasn't with his phone, right there I made a U turn without him seeing me, I went back home to get his phone and rushed back to the office. After the first quarter of the day, he came to my office only for him to explain how the phone got stolen the previous day where he went to charge (I blame PHCN for that). Then he asked me, what should we do. I got so dumbfounded and confused, I thought for a while and decided to let go. I gave him his phone and told him to forget about the idea of getting me a new phone, cuz it seems to me like revenge.
on getting home, I explained everything to my mom only for her to shade me and lambast my action. she said I acted so foolishly and made my consciousness sour. now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

I'm still not sure if his "pastorial calling" influenced my decision or not.
SERIOUSLY NICE IDEA FORGET UR MUM ACTION AGAINST U
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Hillarie(m): 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
This is obviously the first thing Increment of Dollars didn't affect... A Benevolent act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Pictures Of A Big Python That Was Killed In Our Compound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.