Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg (1190 Views)

Two Ghanaian Slay Queens Die After Overdosing On Tramadol, Refnol (Pics, Video) / How Long Do You Use Your Toothbrush Before You Change It? / How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2016
someone dear to me just died from a gun shot by armed robbers

but i thought wen they shoot u on ur leg, theres a high chance u will survive
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Taiwo20(m): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
I'm not a Med doctor but I think if the bleeding is not stopped...then the victim will likely die from loss of blood

1 Like

Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Taiwo20:
I'm not a Med doctor but I think if the bleeding is not stopped...then the victim will likely die from loss of blood
they rushed him to the hospital

he still died
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Taiwo20(m): 4:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
onila:
they rushed him to the hospital

he still died

Well.....that's beyond me..
A school of thought says bullet contains some form of poison. But before rushing him to the hospital, did they try to stop the bleeding?
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
Taiwo20:

Well.....that's beyond me..
A school of thought says bullet contains some form of poison. But before rushing him to the hospital, did they try to stop the bleeding?

they cant stop the bleeding. when the bullet is inside

i rarely see pple die in movies from gun shots on their legs or hands
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
onila:

its not just about stopping d bleeding, bullets re also lace with deadly poison.. Maybe he wasn't sedated with d right antidote.. I doubt someone would die of a hit on d leg 4rm a gun shot in a foreign countries.
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by lepasharon(f): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2016
Prolly died of blood loss
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 4:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
this is so sad

he left behind a lovely wife

and wonderful family members

armed robbers shot him when he was trying to escape from his house from the robbers
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Taiwo20(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
onila:

they cant stop the bleeding. when the bullet is inside

i rarely see pple die in movies from gun shots on their legs or hands

Don't believe those 'shit' you see in the movies. Even with the bullet inside they could have tied a bandage above the Wound just to reduce the rate at which it bleeds.....much bleeding could lead to loss of blood and the patient/victim might fall into coma/shock
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ighoga898:

its not just about stopping d bleeding, bullets re also lace with deadly poison.. Maybe he wasn't sedated with d right antidote.. I doubt someone would die of a hit on d leg 4rm a gun shot in a foreign countries.

thanks dear
thats why i was surprised when i hrd this morning he died from a gun shot

i always had the idea pple dont diewhen hit on the leg, as far as they rush you to the hospital
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Fulaman198(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
onila:

It's possible that a vital point or artery was hit.
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
onila:

thanks dear
thats why i was surprised when i hrd this morning he died from a gun shot

i always had the idea pple dont diewhen hit on the leg, as far as they rush you to the hospital
but if d guy was an addicted weed smoke, he wouldn't have died easily.. Dats a great advantage of weed.. But all lives re in d hands of God anyway.
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by onila(f): 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ighoga898:

but if d guy was an addicted weed smoke, he wouldn't have died easily.. Dats a great advantage of weed.. But all lives re in d hands of God anyway.
he does not take weed, he was a serious pastorr
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Krasid(m): 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2016
If the bullet hits a major blood vessel(e.g femoral artery or brachial artery) irrespective of the part he was shot, he would be dead in a few minutes.
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 27, 2016
onila:
he does not take weed, he was a serious pastorr
i know, but i just wished he did.. because Weed smoke hardly die from a gun shot no matter d amount of blood lost through bleeding
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by brightnelly(f): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2016
EndTime thread Tittle undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by donLEXY(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Yes there is a higher chance of survival when compared with been shot in any part of the torso. But you should understand that when bleeding is not contain as fast as possible, it is also fatal..... May you have the strength to beat the loss

Happy Easter
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by DEIFIED(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2016
I think he died due to too much blood loss.
Re: How Long Do U Wait Before U Die After A Gun Shot On Ur Leg by sucess001(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2016
@onila

If it's yoruba movies, you wait as long as it will take u to shout 'Orooooo'

grin cheesy grin

But for me I don't knw how long cos I haff not die dat way before. Have you?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Relieve Headaches During Pregnancy / Which Is Better, Slimming Tea Or Pills? / Toothache:meaning And How To Manage It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.