Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes (11994 Views)

Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by Achirimma(f): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2016
givjoy:
Easter Bible Verses on the Resurrection

1. “The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the

third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name.” (Luke 24:46-47)

2. “He was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” (Romans 4:25)

3. “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day.” (1 Corinthians 15:3-5)

4. “According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” (1 Peter 1:3)

5. “For as by a man came death, by a man has come the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:21-22)

6. “For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.” (Romans 6:5)

7. “We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” (Romans 6:9)

8. “…that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…” (Philippians 3:10)

9. “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26)

10. “…just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” (Romans 6:4)

11. “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11)

12. “Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.” (Romans 8:34)

13. “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)

14. “For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.” (Psalm 16:10)

15. “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces.” (Isaiah 25:cool

16. “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)

17. “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth.” (Job 19:25)

18. “God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.” (1 Corinthians 6:14)

19. “…who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.” (1 Peter 1:21)

20. “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:17)

Christian Quotes on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

21. “The message of Easter is not that Jesus is alive, it is so much more. The message of Easter is that Jesus has risen.” (Colin Smith)

22. “Our sin reached its full horror and found its most awful expression in the cross.” (Colin Smith)

23. “The tomb of Christ is famous because of what it DOES NOT CONTAIN.” (Sam Morris)

24. “We live and die; Christ died and lived!” (John Stott)

25. “The resurrection of Jesus changes the face of death for all His people. Death is no longer a prison, but a passage into God’s presence. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” (Clarence W. Hall)

26. “The primary source of the appeal of Christianity is Jesus – His incarnation, His life, His crucifixion, and His resurrection.” (K. Latourette)

27. “Luke associates John with Peter in Acts, when, after the Resurrection, that strange boldness had come upon the disciples.” (Alfred Noyes)

28. “The cross is a one time visual representation of God’s grief over sin.” (Dean L. Harvey)

29. “Live in the awareness that Christ lives and that He lives in His people.” (Julien B. Weil)

30. “The cross is the victory, the resurrection is the triumph…The resurrection is the public display of the victory, the triumph of the crucified one.” (Leon Morris)

31. “The best proof that Christ has risen is that he is still alive. And for the immense majority of our contemporaries, the only way of seeing him alive is for us Christians to love one another.” (Louis Evely)

32. ♪ Christ the Lord is risen today / Sons of men and angels say / Raise your joys and triumphs high / Sing ye heavens, and earth reply. (Charles Wesley, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”)

33. “All of heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, hell afraid of it, while men are the only ones to ignore its meaning.” (Oswald Chambers)

34. “According to the laws of legal evidence used in courts of law, there is more evidence for the historical fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ than for just about any other event in history.” (Harvard Law Professor Dr. Simon Greenleaf)

35. ♪ Hear the bells ringing they’re singing “Christ is risen from the dead!” / The angel up on the tombstone said / He is risen just as he said! (Keith Green, “The Easter Song”)

36. “There is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ.” (Brooke Foss Wescott)

37. “The Gospels do not explain the Resurrection; the Resurrection explains the Gospels. Belief in the Resurrection is not an appendage to the Christian faith; it is the Christian faith.” (John S. Whale)

38. ♪ Up from the grave he arose / With a mighty triumph o’er his foes / He arose a victor from the dark domain… (“Up from the Grave He Arose”)

39. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” (Martin Luther)

40. “The resurrection power of Jesus broke Satan’s captive power. When He led the Old Testament saints from paradise to heaven, He led captivity captive!” (Leon Morris)

Bonus Quotes

41. “Our justification hinges on a risen life, present in us now because Christ is present with us now.” (Paul F.M. Zaul)

42. “Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” (Watchman Nee)

43. “The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection.” (Billy Graham)

44. “There is more evidence that Jesus rose from the dead than there is that Julius Caesar ever lived or that Alexander the Great died at the age of thirty-three.” (Billy Graham)

Source: http://www.givjoy.com/40-easter-bible-verses-and-resurrection-quotes/

Please how does this suggest Easter? Show me 2 or 3 portions in the bible where Easter was mentioned. Stop deceiving people, go and read Matt. 26.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by Achirimma(f): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2016
veraiyke:
You said easter verses so I was expecting to see where easter is mentioned or implied.

God bless you.
A lot of people don't ask questions, they follow multitude to sin.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by GreatManBee: 11:53am On Mar 27, 2016
givjoy:
Easter Bible Verses on the Resurrection

1. “The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the

third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name.” (Luke 24:46-47)

2. “He was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.” (Romans 4:25)

3. “Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day.” (1 Corinthians 15:3-5)

4. “According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” (1 Peter 1:3)

5. “For as by a man came death, by a man has come the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive.” (1 Corinthians 15:21-22)

6. “For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.” (Romans 6:5)

7. “We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.” (Romans 6:9)

8. “…that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death…” (Philippians 3:10)

9. “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” (John 11:25-26)

10. “…just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.” (Romans 6:4)

11. “If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11)

12. “Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.” (Romans 8:34)

13. “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)

14. “For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption.” (Psalm 16:10)

15. “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces.” (Isaiah 25:cool

16. “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and by his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)

17. “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth.” (Job 19:25)

18. “God raised the Lord and will also raise us up by his power.” (1 Corinthians 6:14)

19. “…who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.” (1 Peter 1:21)

20. “If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.” (1 Corinthians 15:17)

Christian Quotes on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

21. “The message of Easter is not that Jesus is alive, it is so much more. The message of Easter is that Jesus has risen.” (Colin Smith)

22. “Our sin reached its full horror and found its most awful expression in the cross.” (Colin Smith)

23. “The tomb of Christ is famous because of what it DOES NOT CONTAIN.” (Sam Morris)

24. “We live and die; Christ died and lived!” (John Stott)

25. “The resurrection of Jesus changes the face of death for all His people. Death is no longer a prison, but a passage into God’s presence. Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won’t stay there.” (Clarence W. Hall)

26. “The primary source of the appeal of Christianity is Jesus – His incarnation, His life, His crucifixion, and His resurrection.” (K. Latourette)

27. “Luke associates John with Peter in Acts, when, after the Resurrection, that strange boldness had come upon the disciples.” (Alfred Noyes)

28. “The cross is a one time visual representation of God’s grief over sin.” (Dean L. Harvey)

29. “Live in the awareness that Christ lives and that He lives in His people.” (Julien B. Weil)

30. “The cross is the victory, the resurrection is the triumph…The resurrection is the public display of the victory, the triumph of the crucified one.” (Leon Morris)

31. “The best proof that Christ has risen is that he is still alive. And for the immense majority of our contemporaries, the only way of seeing him alive is for us Christians to love one another.” (Louis Evely)

32. ♪ Christ the Lord is risen today / Sons of men and angels say / Raise your joys and triumphs high / Sing ye heavens, and earth reply. (Charles Wesley, “Christ the Lord is Risen Today”)

33. “All of heaven is interested in the cross of Christ, hell afraid of it, while men are the only ones to ignore its meaning.” (Oswald Chambers)

34. “According to the laws of legal evidence used in courts of law, there is more evidence for the historical fact of the resurrection of Jesus Christ than for just about any other event in history.” (Harvard Law Professor Dr. Simon Greenleaf)

35. ♪ Hear the bells ringing they’re singing “Christ is risen from the dead!” / The angel up on the tombstone said / He is risen just as he said! (Keith Green, “The Easter Song”)

36. “There is no historic incident better or more variously supported than the resurrection of Christ.” (Brooke Foss Wescott)

37. “The Gospels do not explain the Resurrection; the Resurrection explains the Gospels. Belief in the Resurrection is not an appendage to the Christian faith; it is the Christian faith.” (John S. Whale)

38. ♪ Up from the grave he arose / With a mighty triumph o’er his foes / He arose a victor from the dark domain… (“Up from the Grave He Arose”)

39. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” (Martin Luther)

40. “The resurrection power of Jesus broke Satan’s captive power. When He led the Old Testament saints from paradise to heaven, He led captivity captive!” (Leon Morris)

Bonus Quotes

41. “Our justification hinges on a risen life, present in us now because Christ is present with us now.” (Paul F.M. Zaul)

42. “Our old history ends with the cross; our new history begins with the resurrection.” (Watchman Nee)

43. “The entire plan for the future has its key in the resurrection.” (Billy Graham)

44. “There is more evidence that Jesus rose from the dead than there is that Julius Caesar ever lived or that Alexander the Great died at the age of thirty-three.” (Billy Graham)

Source: http://www.givjoy.com/40-easter-bible-verses-and-resurrection-quotes/
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
firstking01:
that's because you 've conditioned your mind to be sinning.
no dey decieve urself wether u plan to sin or not u still will
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by firstking01(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
no dey decieve urself wether u plan to sin or not u still will
not all the time madam
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by zeetyzin(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
lol....one can only rise from the dead, if such person really died.... Religion is still the best form of hypnosis and brainwash ever known to man.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
firstking01:
not all the time madam
u sin even without knowing
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
omojesu202:

is it sex?
na only sex be sin?
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
ABDULADINO:
self effort. Give it all up to Jesus.1john1:9
I hear u
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
sexyjob:

you probably bounced on something last night or maybe you were bonked. hahaha. don't worry, just believe. that's all.
. I bounced on nothing
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by ABDULADINO(m): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
I hear u
you don't fight sin by your power. It is the truth that set free
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by benlay(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
None of the Bible verses say something about Easter, it was quotes from so called christians. Jesus christ specifically told his apostles how he would like to be remembered, I cor. 11:23- 23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
Not Easter, not Christmas.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
ABDULADINO:
you don't fight sin by your power. It is the truth that set free
I don hear na
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by specimenC: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
ijmbadmission:
For every of our mistakes, every wrongs, every sins... Christ paid the price, Glory be unto him!

If I get you straight up now, u mean to say as a Christian u can commit sin all you want, kill, fornicate, steal and still make it to heaven cos Christ has paid for it
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by omojesu202(m): 2:32pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
na only sex be sin?

No..
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by firstking01(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
u sin even without knowing
That's why you must be fervent in the spirit always
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by professore(m): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Great thread to follow
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 3:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
firstking01:
That's why you must be fervent in the spirit always
. Kikikikikikikiki(I laugh in swahili)
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
omojesu202:

No..
. Better
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by firstking01(m): 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
. Kikikikikikikiki(I laugh in swahili)
if you like laff in cotonu, i 've told you wat is obtainableundecided
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
firstking01:
if you like laff in cotonu, i 've told you wat is obtainableundecided
abeg make I hear word
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by omojesu202(m): 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
. Better

you see...
I politely answered your question, you're happy but you didn't answered mine. Lol...
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by firstking01(m): 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
karryn:
abeg make I hear word
na the "word" i dey tell you so nawundecided
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by dinomcjohn: 6:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
@ OP (givjoy)

Great write up..in fact the best Ive ever read on Nairaland.

That Christ arose from death is our greatest treasure of power as Christians.

The Bible verses and quotes are excellent and spot on!

Thanks and GOD bless

1 Like

Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 10:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
omojesu202:

you see...
I politely answered your question, you're happy but you didn't answered mine. Lol...
its not sex besides am a V
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by omojesu202(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2016
karryn:
its not sex besides am a V
V do I look like a baby?
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2016
omojesu202:

V do I look like a baby?
. ;Du u see urself, V could mean vunerable or anyother thing must it mean virgin?
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2016
omojesu202:

V do I look like a baby?
. ;Du u see urself, V could mean vunerable or anyother thing must it mean virgin? and besides virginity dey show for face?
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by omojesu202(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
karryn:
. ;Du u see urself, V could mean vunerable or anyother thing must it mean virgin? and besides virginity dey show for face?

hahaha...
not only vulnerable... I caught you!
show me your face, I'll know.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by egobetatoday: 6:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
specimenC:

If I get you straight up now, u mean to say as a Christian u can commit sin all you want, kill, fornicate, steal and still make it to heaven cos Christ has paid for it

oh yes! once u recognise u've sinned you should confess. You'll be forgiven. the only problem is if u dont accept the grace Jesus gives to overcome sin, if u die in the sin u know where you'll be.
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by specimenC: 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
egobetatoday:

oh yes! once u recognise u've sinned you should confess. You'll be forgiven. the only problem is if u dont accept the grace Jesus gives to overcome sin, if u die in the sin u know where you'll be.

Oh yes!! To the fact that you can make heaven if if u sin cos christ has paid for it, or to the fact that you have to ask for forgiveness for sin which has already being paid for? What kind of confused fellow is tthis one?? You mean every1 b4 christ is going to hell?
Re: 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes by karryn(f): 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
omojesu202:

hahaha...
not only vulnerable... I caught you!
show me your face, I'll know.
forget that thing jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Winners Chapel Church Right About This Discrimination Matter? / 3 Things You Can Do With The Presence Of God / Testimonies: Face To Face Encounter With Jesus Christ And The Revelations Of Heaven And Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.