Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria (559 Views)

Abuja-kaduna Speed Rail : Separating Facts From Fiction & Lies From The Truth / Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / FG Included Lagos-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget - Gbenga Ashafa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria by engrbrume(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Nigeria is interconnected by about 108,000 kilometers of surface road and almost 4000 kilometers of rail. The problem is, while it has the largest road network in West Africa, large portions of the network are prone to spoilage due to overuse. Nigerian railway on the other hand has been near-moribund since the early 1990s.

Almost 75 percent of food grown in Nigeria's hinterland are prone to spoilage due to the long hours spent conveying goods to commercial centers like Lagos and Port Harcourt; making food relatively expensive compared to a situation where more food could be transported faster across the country.

Nigeria has housing problems particularly in the urban centers like Lagos and Abuja arising from exorbitant rents exacted by landlords due massive rural-urban migration.

With high-speed rail all of these problems can be solved, as people and goods can be moved more swiftly which in turn could improve Nigeria's Human development Index, Gross Domestic Product per capita and general living standards in far reaching ways.

With high speed rail, people like me can afford to live in decent yet affordable suburbs and work in the commercial centers without having to spend six to eight hours which is the average commute time for a worker in Lagos.Less time on the road will help many like me build stronger families and indeed a better society because I will get to be with my family in less time than if there was no high speed rail and I have to travel by road as I now do.

High speed rail will help build stronger local communities as many amenities we have become so accustomed to on the commercial hubs will be made available through better local community partnerships with the local governments and a more effective taxation.

High speed rail will lower housing cost significantly in the urban centers allowing the middle class to swell with more disposable income and an ever improved velocity of money to allow for economic prosperity.

Please join me in this petition to the President of Nigeria and the Eight National Assembly to propose and legislate appropriation for the development of High Speed Rail across Nigeria. ......Nehi Igbinijesu.

http://chn.ge/1MjDJZm
Re: Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2016
Well let me still ponder about this?
Re: Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria by engrbrume(m): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
Guys, please we need your support to get this petition the attention it needs!. Please go to the link in the original post and sign it! Thanks a lot Nairalanders.
Re: Please Sign This Petition For High Speed Rail In Nigeria by engrbrume(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sign

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Crisis: I’m Unstoppable, Says Gov Wike / Gej Warned Nigerians During Campaign / My Opinion About Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.