Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

My Experience Today In Church And Beyond As Easter Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience Today In Church And Beyond As Easter Sunday (559 Views)

In Defense Of The Church And Its Leadership / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) / The Church And Evangelism Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience Today In Church And Beyond As Easter Sunday by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
So i had prepared for today's service and i left the house to go pick a cab to church. Opposite my street is a Mobil Filling Station and before i could cross to the other side of the filling station, a randy crowd was trying to separate fight between members of the public inside the filling station. I was baffled on what could cause such fight on a Sunday morning-easter sunday for that matter. The fight even got infuriated as i tried to approach closer to ascertain what was happening. Well, this very filling station had some days ago suspended all their pump attendants on the ground that they were selling more fuel product to black marketers with gallons than those who came with their vehicles. On this allegation, some other workers of the filling station were mobilized to become pump attendants to dispense the product to the members of the public with strict warning not to sell on any gallons. I repeat, "no sales" on gallons. So with this new development, funny scenes had been created as those who need fuel for their generators would have to either drag their generator no matter the size and distance from their houses/shops/offices to the filling station or loosen the fuel tank from the Gen. and bring same to the fuel station to buy the product. This is when you would see people dragging Gens. with all their muscles just to get to the station to buy the product. Others who can't drag, you'd see them carrying the fuel tanks on their heads to and fro the station. Why we have to suffer like this in this country, i dont know. In furtherance to this, it is actually not a good development for the black marketers buying in gallons from the station. So they also adopt the fuel tank method but keep their gallons somewhere. What they do is to bring like 3 Gen. tanks and queue up alongside others. When they buy for these tanks, they go and siphon the product into their gallons and immediately rush back to buy again...WHO SAYS THE HUSTLE IS NOT REAL? So what actually generated the fight this morning was that, two particular black marketers who had already bought the product like twice had rushed back to buy again when others were yet to buy theirs. This actually infuriated others who countered them and insisted the pump attendant must not sell to any of them again untill others buy thiers. This led to serious exchange of bitter words and the result was the fight that ensued. My dear, the fight wasnt a small one ooo. Some of the pump attendants were not left out in the fight as they were also insulted, threatened and dragged out of the pump. Since i was already late to church, i couldnt stay more to see the end and so i had to leave to church.

My experience in church loading...(the most intriguing).

Stay tune!!!
Re: My Experience Today In Church And Beyond As Easter Sunday by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
Having reached the church, like i said, was a bit late so when i arrived the church, sermon was already on going. In my church, when sermon is on, people are not allowed to come in again until after sermon to avoid distractions. This is acchieved by barricading the door posts with either a stick or with rope. Rope was actually in use today. All of us (in hundreds) were standing at the church balcony when a member of the house of representative who worships in the parish arrived the church. To say corruption is everywhere is an understatement. To our very least surprise, the BIG MAN was called upon and the rope was removed and he entered and sat down while the sermon was still on and we were still standing outside. Of course, trust Nigerians and the next thing was people both inside the church and outside gossiping on why he should be allowed to go in when others are outside. Some say the man himself lacks respect for God, if not he wouldnt opt to go in. If he cannot obey God in His house, where else would he do that?

After the sermon, we were ushered in and accidentally i happened to sit next to the BIG MAN. During my stay with this BIG MAN, these are things i observed.

The BIG MAN was seated all through the church period even when the minister asked every one should stand up.

The BIG MAN never danced nor clapped his hands during the church service.

The BIG MAN didnt close his eyes when asked everyone should do so during prayers.

The BIG MAN browsed his sophisticated phones all through his stay in the church.

The BIG MAN turned one man who sat near him from the right hand side into his errand boy by giving him offering to go put on his behalf when the church tradition is for everyone to stand up, dance to where offering box is kept and drop your offerings there.

The BIG MAN discussed all through the period with his friend all as if he was in his parlour. Even the ushers couldnt caution the BIG MAN to reduce his voice/discussions cos church service was still on.

This got me asking, is this really how we shall continue in this country?
Re: My Experience Today In Church And Beyond As Easter Sunday by Peritus(m): 8:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
obviously, you were in the church just to observe.

(1) (Reply)

White Garment Church And Dreadlock? / Is God Responsible For Syria / Damascus??? / Why Nigerian Christianity And Redeemed Is A BIG SCAM!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.