Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy (325309 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10 / My Life As A Yahoo Boy By Iphekitan/mainland (review) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Abesodiq(m): 6:13am On Apr 15, 2016
johnoris:
Probably iphekitan wud drop d concluding part @ 3:00am when everybody is sleeping... Kudos shaaa... Even if it is fiction or real... Its well constructed... But d thread dey ginger young minds like us 2 go dey do yahoo oooo.....

Na lie bro! Na because u wan do am before.

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by kogistar: 7:38am On Apr 15, 2016
Did you heard about amazon? They have 300 Samsung Curved Hd tv’s unsealed that they can’t sell,so they are offering them for free. You can claim a free Samsung tv right here: http://ar3.co/Free-Led-Tv/ Limited stock so hurry up!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Jaftee(m): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2016
it is becoming boring, let me get busy with something productive jare
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by cogbuagu: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2016
So, this guy never drop?

Y then did he promise to drop all yesterday?

His lies are too much now and the story has gone dry

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2016
Part 31

I woke up the next day which was a sunday in full strength. What happened last night was history. It's time i get prepared for the days show.

I left the guest house very early in the morning when no one has wake so i won't have you be saying an emotional good bye

I called the guy before leaving so when i got to the front of 7up i gave him a call again. His name was james.

Me : hello james, am in front of 7up?

James : ok keep coming straight and turn at the next turning by the left, i would block you there.

Hung up

Went to the pointbhe described and he joined me there in minutes and led me to his room, he lived in a face me and face you house. Drom his looks i guess he must be a factory worker, his room aef was jam packed, i nibdit live such a life. Poverty was radiant in his room, not even a t.v, i tried to unpack my things and slept off.

I was woked up by james tapping

James : am off to church o

Me : ok where should i drop the key when leaving?

He showes me where to place it and left. I was still trying to sleep when phcn brought light, i just switch on pc and kept watching empress k. Was on it till around 1pm when mumce called.

Mum : hello ife

Me : good afternoon ma

Mum : afternoon how are you?

Me : fine ma

Mum : You are yet to send me the address

Me : oh I forgot i would do so right now.

Mum : ok be expecting us by 3pm

Hung up

I drafted thevaddress and send it to mumce, i still didn't know the reason for their proposed visit but i could feel desperation in her voice. So that got me wondering. But since i could not fit a face to the picture, i diverted my mind and kept watching film.

Another call came througg around 2:30pm from mum.

Me : hello ma

Mum : yeah pack you things and meet us outside.

Me : ahah won't you come in?

Pman : ( guessed he snatched the phone from mum)
Meet us outside now!

I concured, packed my bags and went outside, mehn i was shocked, met them waiting in my elsee brothers car.

Gosh when did bro shola return, chai i don jonez, they are surely up to something.

Mum : hmmmn come in.

Greeted them, joined them in the car and my brother drove home, we were all silent through the ride home.
They kept giving me a casting look. I knew something was wrong somewhere.

All izz well oo.

The end

Watch out for season 2

Drop your comment and views

Many of us are aware of this old adage “Even a broken clock is right twice a day”, if this is correct, then I will not be making much mistake if I say there’s no completely bad person.

Yahoo boys are like the rejects in our society from the perspective of a moral Nigerian. They are seen as the bad eggs. These guys have given us a bad name in the international community, they scam and defraud unsuspecting persons of their resources mostly money. Most online shopping websites have blacklisted Nigeria. Our corporate image has been soiled probably beyond repair. No one wants to deal with a Nigerian… so pathetic.

However, there are lots of positives and lessons that we can learn from them. They are not as bad as some of us think, provided we try to view their actions with an open mind. If you read the following, learn from it. Remember “He that has no sin, should throw the first stone (an account in the bible)”

Passion – Someone said “passion is the fuel that drives our vision”, if that is correct, then anything we do without passion will soon wear us out. A yahoo boy has the drive and passion for his trade. He wants to get rich or die trying. His carriage, words, and actions all portray his trade. Little wonder, they can be easily identified in our society. He prides himself in his business and no one can stop him. In some cases he avoids his family members and anyone that decides to talk him out of this dreadful path instantly become an enemy of progress.

Dedication – According to Bishop David Oyedepo, dedication is deadly commitment to a cause. From vocabulary.com dedication was defined as committing yourself to something,” like your dedication to marathon training that had you running every single morning for four months. This is what yahoo boys are known for. They are very dedicated individuals, they understand the nature of their business, considering the fact they try to reap where they have not sown; and as such they have to bury themselves into what they do.

Networking – In my opinion, this is the greatest strength of Yahoo boys. They don’t work or strategize in isolation. They have pubs, clubs and places where they hang out regularly to have fun but ultimately network. Sometimes his networks extend to law enforcement agencies especially the police. When a Yahoo boy identifies a new opportunity (a potential victim to be coned or scammed), in other words, when he catches a new maga, he immediately looks inward to see if he has handled similar scenario before. If yes, his experience will make it easier, else, he looks in his network for more experienced person(s), if the deal is successful, every stakeholder shares the proceeds according to agreed terms. In most cases, Yahoo boys live together, eat together, flock together and even trade together.

Hard work – These guys work extremely very hard. They sometimes sit on their computers for as long as 18hrs at a stretch. In most cases these computers must never go off. They labor repeatedly, strategizing and thinking about lies to be told, reading case studies etc. to ensure maga must pay. Much of the time on his computer is also used to communicate with magas, business associates and sourcing for other business leads.

If a maga becomes too tough or gets smart after so much hard work, he quickly moves on to the next. No emotion, no extra attachment, strictly business. He understands that for him to survive, he needs to be up and running. He is in constant motion, and never mixes business with pleasure.

Wasteful – This is rather the most pathetic part of a Yahoo boy’s life. Sometimes it may take him months to make say 10,000 USD but in 24 hrs after making such an amount of money, he might be back to nothing. Greater percentage of whatever he makes is squandered on girls, gadgets, holidays, cars and other stuffs to enhance his swag. He is confident that maga will pay but if for some reason maga gets smarter or refuses to pay, this then takes him to our next discussion

Consulting – Just like in the business world, Yahoo boys consult. Some consult with veterans of the trade and the very desperate ones consult herbalists and “fake pastors or alfas”. This is also known as Yahoo plus. Sometimes he runs out of ideas, tricks and strategies, this prompts him to source for a way out. In some cases, he repents of his trade, asks for forgiveness and sources for other legitimate means of livelihood; else he consults an herbalist or people believed to have some spiritual powers to enhance his business. Every form of consulting comes with a cost and the costs are always very harsh, the devil does not have any good gift.

Disclaimer: The above are my basic observations of a Yahoo boy. As someone who thinks with an open mind, I don’t think there anything wrong in looking at the brighter side of seemingly dark things. Life is a matter of choice, the decisions we make are products of our choices. Every man will account for his life. If you are into this trade, Please desist and spend your time and energy on something enviable.

Watch out for season 2

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by cogbuagu: 10:38am On Apr 15, 2016
So finally op don drop something

grin
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by cogbuagu: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2016
Believe me, I'm not happy the way it ended. U promised to drop more than 2 yesterday. Y onlynthis as the end?

Is OK i will not be checking any more. Bye undecided
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by stteejax(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nice story though

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by MiztaSanchez22(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
2 tel u d 2ruth,u kild d spirit a long tym ago.i reali appriciate ur work bt b4 u update a story y nt get it al done,den frequent update,it put people in suspense nd always hunger 4 more.......Al d same its a nice storyline,bt u jst kild a lot of followers spirit.........THANKS #Iphekitan

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by amdoyin82(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Never wish the story cud end the way it ended. I really enjoyed it but longed for more. Thanks.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by obiajulusam(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
Okk.... Let's go again. Season 2 Episode 1, how long will it take dis time?

2 Likes

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
interesting... keep it rolling

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Kealmin(m): 5:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
nice xo cute
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
kogistar:
Did you heard about amazon? They have 300 Samsung Curved Hd tv’s unsealed that they can’t sell,so they are offering them for free. You can claim a free Samsung tv right here: http://ar3.co/Free-Led-Tv/ Limited stock so hurry up!!!
shocked

2 Likes

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
wow interesting... more update pls
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Sabado(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
#DELAY not DENY!

...You didnt get it now;
doesn't mean you cannot HAVE it!
...You are refused now;
doesn't mean you are not qualified
enough!

...Greatest achievers in life'
of the worlds' greatest' greatness ...didnt achieve greatness at there first trials'
...They kept on and on and on!!!
And yes, they made it!

DELAY IS NOT DENY
RELAY:
with PerseVeranCe and HardWork!
DENY YOUR DENIAL!
and U shall ACHieve SuCCess
DELAY NOT DENY!
@adroit4gold
#IwasHerE

2 Likes

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Barselonia(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
awon aye nduro lori tamark oo
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Electroweb(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2016
stteejax:
Nice story though
Just imagine if hom.sexuality was on the rise then, I shudder to think of what would have happened to the slaves then. It would not have been funny for their an-s.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by HDoc(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2016
Waiting 4 season 2,as u call it.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by stteejax(m): 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Electroweb:

Just imagine if hom.sexuality was on the rise then, I shudder to think of what would have happened to the slaves then. It would not have been funny for their an-s.
seriously!!!!

1 Like

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Mykelpato(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
Iphe.. ah really enjoyed ur story keep it up ....
waitinq 4 Duh Next season kiss
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Galacious1: 11:11pm On Apr 16, 2016
Nice one op
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Iphekitan(m): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2016
Would start season 2 after solving my data issues.

Those interested in purchasing the season 2 can chat me on Whatsapp , tz optional tho.
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Slendercutie(f): 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
TzIphekitan:
chingylingy1
, OloriAbefe
Cestmoi1
Nickymezor
, Marcela04, drexel39
, Thobilobah, icym241
, edobor108
, kaysolo726, SimpleBea
, bekuechukwu, Willhill, saraphina
Pelelicious
, fattyshaams
, Asco9ty5, TzIphekitan, TheNathan
Slendercutie, mubarakyoung, TiffanyJ
Princeleval
, cutediva87, ekydel09 Abbeyunique2

Report here
Oops.Runs in through the back door.Will you ever forgive for not quickly responding?
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Dalyjay(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2016
guy.... Dis is interesting... can't wait to read d next part
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by palugy(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2016
I THINK IT'S HIGH TIME DIS TREND IS CLOSED..I DNT SEE ANY GOOD REASON WHY THE OP HASNT UPDATED HIS PAGE BUT HE COMES HERE EVRY NOW AND THEN TALKING ABOUT PURCHASING HIS SEASON 2...
U ARE VERY UNSERIOUS..HOPE U DON CHANGE OH..NA DOS WHITE GARMENT PRAYERS DE DULL U LIKE THIS?LOL...U BE MY GUY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by samuel051: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2016
D op is sick in d head, u were begging people to like and comment on ur story,now its beginning to enter ur head and u want people to buy,lmao,even mr onihaxy still dey update up to 5 different stories free,u wey start to write yesterday don dey fine money,see how u killed ur own thread by ur greed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by HRHF: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
VERY FUNNY DUDE. I LAUGH AT YOUR STORY. YOU NO DY PRESS BUT YOUR ACCOUNT DY FLOW STEADY VERY FISHY. GUYS NOTE NO CLIENT WILL WANT TO PAY YOU ANY DIME UNLESS THEY ARE MORE CONVINCE. THE ONLY WOMAN THAT YOU CLAIM PAID YOU WHATSOEVER MEHN IT ALL FALSE. AM NOT A HATER. IF YOU USE YOUR FACE WORK CLIENT PLUS GIVING THEM YOUR REAL ACCOUNT NUMBER. EFCC WILL TRACK YOUR ASS. THE STORY WAS INTERESTING BUT IT ALL LIES ANYWAYS NA STORY, YOUR LAST FORMAT TO DUPPED YOUR FOLLOWERS FOR MONEY SCAM ALERT. ENTER MATCH.COM AND CATCH CLIENT THERE BETTER STILL FACEBOOK. YOU STILL DY LEARN BOY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by odifyz(m): 11:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
HRHF:
VERY FUNNY DUDE. I LAUGH AT YOUR STORY. YOU NO DY PRESS BUT YOUR ACCOUNT DY FLOW STEADY VERY FISHY. GUYS NOTE NO CLIENT WILL WANT TO PAY YOU ANY DIME UNLESS THEY ARE MORE CONVINCE. THE ONLY WOMAN THAT YOU CLAIM PAID YOU WHATSOEVER MEHN IT ALL FALSE. AM NOT A HATER. IF YOU USE YOUR FACE WORK CLIENT PLUS GIVING THEM YOUR REAL ACCOUNT NUMBER. EFCC WILL TRACK YOUR ASS. THE STORY WAS INTERESTING BUT IT ALL LIES ANYWAYS NA STORY, YOUR LAST FORMAT TO DUPPED YOUR FOLLOWERS FOR MONEY SCAM ALERT. ENTER MATCH.COM AND CATCH CLIENT THERE BETTER STILL FACEBOOK. YOU STILL DY LEARN BOY
hello its a fiction la. you just attack am like say whna dey drag client.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by khennykhay(m): 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
when will d part two start na am enjoying it
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by Btruth: 10:11pm On Apr 21, 2016
Ife, kilo nsele bayi?
Re: [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy by emyblinkx(m): 10:15pm On Apr 22, 2016
HRHF:

bros you no need tell us say u be yahoo boy...na story

chaii people go just de misbehave

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply)

Twine (A Drama Series) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.