Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. (4345 Views)

Many Sides Of Atiku’s APC Exit / $2billion Arms Deal; "Dasuki Has Refused To Say What He Did With The Money" / Graphic Photos Of Red Cross Worker Killed In The Military Accidental Jet Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
I had the opportunity of driving through Ekiti State from Omuo Ekiti-Ifaki-Ijero-Aramoko -Ijebu-Ijesha....

Realized that unlike our Igbo brothers that are usually in a hurry to demolish their ancestral homes...our Ekiti brothers do leave such "monuments".

Same Nigeria, different "approach..

One of my "passengers" asked why don't they build new structures but I was like, "why build the new ones when you still appreciate the ones built by your ancestors?

Source: From face book

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ido Ekiti

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin
our Ekiti brothers do leave such "monuments".

"why build the new ones when you still appreciate the ones built by your ancestors?

3 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by babym7681(f): 11:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
Most of those olde storey buildings has "wooden decking"
I remember slipping down their wooden staircase,some years ago when I went for a visit. LoL
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by dunkem21(m): 11:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lovely kiss
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by totit: 11:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin
Sai Fayose grin

PDP
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
totit:
grin
Sai Fayose grin

PDP

Shadap. Before PDP and APC there was odualand. grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
Super brown roof republic

5 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Shymm3x: 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bwahahahahahahaha

Lovely architecture with mud - Ekiti gatt talents apart from stomach infrastructure.

All glory to the most high for giving me this opportunity to find a thread for comic relief tonight. Hopefully, the undefeated Ekiti parapo warriros would come out with their guns blazing. grin grin grin

#Lurking

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by totit: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
FSU:

Shadap. Before PDP and APC there was odualand. grin grin grin grin grin

Sai Fayose!

Up PDP

C'on bro don spoil my fun here lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by totit: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
Shymm3x:
Bwahahahahahahaha

Lovely architecture with mud - Ekiti gatt talents apart from stomach infrastructure

All glory to the most high for giving me this opportunity to find a thread for comic relief tonight. Hopefully, the undefeated Ekiti parapo warriros would come out with their guns blazing. grin grin grin

#Lurking

We warned them they wouldn't listen. grin
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
totit:

Sai Fayose!

Up PDP

C'on bro don spoil my fun here lipsrsealed undecided

Before Fayose there was Ekiti. These same pictures are found in Osun, Oyo and Ogun. You wanna bet? grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by totit: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
FSU:

Before Fayose there was Ekiti. These same pictures are found in Osun, Oyo and Ogun. You wanna bet? grin grin grin

They stress youself. grin
Up PDP grin

Quit the stress.
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by mightyhazel: 11:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Nice architecture 4m olden dayz.

These houses shd be atleast a hundred years old,....*nd still standin

While some new houses are already having foundation cracks,...if they are not collapsin on occupants.

5 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
mightyhazel:

While some new houses are already having foundation cracks,...if they are not collapsin on occupants.

You made a good point wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ido Ekiti is located in Ido-Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State, Nigeria. It is situated in the northern part of the state were the routes from Oyo, Osun and Kwara states respectively converge. Ido-Ekiti is the headquarters of Ido-Osi local council. It is bounded in the east by Ipere and Iludun, in the south by Igbole and Ifinsin axis and in the north and northwest by Usi and Ilogbo Ekiti.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ido_Ekiti
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 11:25pm On Mar 27, 2016
totit:

They stress youself. grin
Up PDP grin

Quit the stress.

Gotcha! All work and no play huh?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Ojiofor: 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
angry angry grin
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Sunofgod(m): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
If you see as I dey avoid dis thread in case it embarrassed my village - LOL

Ekiti is ffcccuked!

1 Like

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by seunny4lif(m): 12:04am On Mar 28, 2016
grin grin
Nice building cheesy grin
OP you can't reject this beautiful building now grin grin
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Blueeyedboi(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2016
Wow!..this is nostalgia at its best...I served in this state a couple of years back en yeah the infrastructure is horrible...inspite of all these I still consider it my second home cos there's sumfin you can't take away from those folks..their welcoming en friendly nature is second to none en d weather is simply amazing with nice outdoor scenery..they just need to work on giving ekiti a general facelift cos the state has the potential of transforming into a major stake-holder in the tourism sector of the economy.................#proudlyibo to jupiter en back.... cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Dollyak(f): 1:29am On Mar 28, 2016
I have been to quite a places in Nigeria and out of the those states I must say Ekiti alongside Ondo stood out for me. The scenery and landscape is unriavalled in my opinion. Some of the places reminds me of carlifornia in terms of landscape (hills, beautiful trees etc.). How ironic that it is one of the most undevelop in Nigeria?

Ondo has it all in my opinion, from nice beaches to mountains to clear blue skies with panoramic textures. If I had a magic wand I would just copy and paste some parts of prague, San fransico, Paris, Venice buildings, road etc and then mix with some progressive African Architectures.

3 Likes

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by FSU: 1:45am On Mar 28, 2016
Dollyak:
I have been to quite a places in Nigeria and out of the those states I must say Ekiti alongside Ondo stood out for me. The scenery and landscape is unriavalled in my opinion. Some of the places reminds me of carlifornia in terms of landscape (hills, beautiful trees etc.). How ironic that it is one of the most undevelop in Nigeria?

Ondo has it all in my opinion, from nice beaches to mountains to clear blue skies with panoramic textures. I

Correct. States with those hilly California/Utah/Nevada like scenarios include Ekiti, Ondo, Abia, Enugu, Cross River, and some northern states (eastern flank)

In the case of Ekiti, that quality is not shown in these photos though.

1 Like

Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by DauraDullard0(m): 2:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Dollyak:

Ondo has it all in my opinion, from nice beaches to mountains to clear blue skies with panoramic textures. If I had a magic wand I would just copy and paste some parts of prague, San fransico, Paris, Venice and then mix with some progressive African Architecture.
You no dey sleep?
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Dollyak(f): 2:16am On Mar 28, 2016
FSU:

Correct. States with those hilly California/Utah/Nevada like scenarios include Ekiti, Ondo, Abia, Enugu, Cross River, and some northern states (eastern flank)

In the case of Ekiti, that quality is not shown in these photos though.
Gosh, Africa is so blessed. The thought of what Nigeria could've been is haunting... Then again, when you throw in that sense of being in a place that hasn't changed for centuries and sometimes millennia, and you get some of the most inspiring, and inspired, spots on the planet. I am not sure whether the static change is a good or bad thing but it surely was a raw experience.
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Dollyak(f): 2:17am On Mar 28, 2016
DauraDullard0:
You no dey sleep?
Not sleeping time yet lol.
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by DauraDullard0(m): 2:20am On Mar 28, 2016
Dollyak:

Not sleeping time yet lol.
Check your email
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by Dollyak(f): 3:19am On Mar 28, 2016
DauraDullard0:
Check your email
Nl isn't linked to my mail deliberately, plus I don't do mails lol. Too many lessonsss. Good night.
Re: Say what? Of red mudders and brown roofers. Same coin different sides. by orisa37: 3:59am On Mar 28, 2016
PDP please this time correct all these imbalances in your states, in Ondo, in Ekiti and in all others that you plan to win. Although Fayemi, an Engineer was there, he didn't do nothing. Will Ekiti for ever remain a Dunghill? Fayiose please build 5 five star Hotels in your major cities. It's business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meaning Of Acting President VS Coordinating President / Ikeja Bus Terminal Vs Abu Dhabi Bus Station / Governor Emmanuel Udom Renames Akpabio Stadium Intl As Akwa Ibom Stadium Intl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.