Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,728 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] (2580 Views)

Buhari To Sign Budget Before Leaving For France Friday / "Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / I Didn’t Sign Budget Without Details – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 28, 2016
The presidency has said the 2016 budget passed last week by the National Assembly will not be assented to in a hurry by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Reason is that officials of the Executive arm of government will peruse details of the bill passed before the president can assent, so says Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Garba Shehu.
Speaking in an interview with Daily Trust newspaper, Mr. Shehu said the budget bill was transmitted to the president without details unlike the case when the Buhari presented the budget to the legislature with full details.
According to him, once the details are received by the president, they would be perused before he signs or otherwise, suggesting the possibility of a veto in the case that he finds them unsatisfactory.
“The National Assembly has passed the budget and sent the bill to the President but the details did not come with the bill,” the presidential aide said, adding: “Of course, the President cannot sign something without seeing the details. The normal practice is that the details would have accompanied the bill. When the President presented the Appropriation bill it was accompanied by the details.”
According to him, “the Executive would look at it (details of budget). I am not saying that we are not in a hurry ourselves; everybody wants to see things start moving. We are waiting for the details and we will look at it in the hope that there are no major differences that would warrant the President going back to the parliament to ask for changes to be made.
“Going by the Constitution, the President can even withhold assent; he can veto but we are not expecting that. But as I earlier said, you cannot talk about what you have not seen so let the budget come in details and the president will look at it and decide whether to put his signature on it or withhold it if it calls for clarifications.”

[Order Paper]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by 0nyegame(m): 6:38am On Mar 28, 2016
noted
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by tolexy007(m): 6:38am On Mar 28, 2016
shocked
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by onatisi(m): 6:42am On Mar 28, 2016
I wont be surprised if going through the details takes another 2 months,babagoslow is never in a hurry. He believes the nation and world economy will Wait for him

9 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by orobs93(m): 6:44am On Mar 28, 2016
Buhari
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by politricks: 6:47am On Mar 28, 2016
Why didn't they send the details

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 28, 2016
Abeg whatever needs to be done to make this budget implemented shd be Buhari's utmost responsibility at this critical time.
Things are extremely hard for common man, pple are suffering in silence.
Mallam Garba, pls relay this to your boss asap.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by Khd95(m): 6:57am On Mar 28, 2016
The name "baba go slow" comes to mind again"sad

he is not in a hurry when life is difficult for ordinary nigerians,issorait God is watching u in LCD plasma screensad
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by NavierStokes(m): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2016
“The National Assembly has passed the budget and sent the bill to the President but the details did not come with the bill,” the presidential aide said, adding: “Of course, the President cannot sign something without seeing the details. The normal practice is that the details would have accompanied the bill. When the President presented the Appropriation bill it was accompanied by the details.”

Tell us another nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by freeze001(f): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2016
What do 'details' mean? Are they the judiciary that can give judgement and reserve reasons for a latter date? So now, the president will need all the time to peruse these 'details' but he hurriedly presented this haphazard and corruption filled budget without looking at it and landed Nigeria in the worst possible show of shame till date.

Did the Senate pass a blank document into law? These 'details'...hmm!

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by okosodo: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2016
We will start seeing corruption now. I want to see what buhar would do with the corruption under his nose
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by onatisi(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2016
deen11:
Abeg whatever needs to be done to make this budget implemented shd be Buhari's utmost responsibility at this critical time.
Things are extremely hard for common man, pple are suffering in silence.
Mallam Garba, pls relay this to your boss asap.
He will first travel to about 4 countries that will take about 3 to 4 weeks . Then he will comeback to attend to some saraki stuff before going to daura to inspect the health of his cows before looking into this issue

2 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by Pavarottii(m): 8:20am On Mar 28, 2016
CHAINS!
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by EdCure: 8:25am On Mar 28, 2016
He is NEVER in a hurry. That was how he waited for close to Seven months before inaugurating his cabinet.
A complacent president with no sense of urgency is as dangerous as a recklessly corrupt one.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by SleekAboki: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2016
They will yet smuggle more aliens into that budget ghost mode. Una nefa see anything.
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by SleekAboki: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2016
EdCure:
He is NEVER in a hurry. That was how he waited for close to Seven months before inaugurating his cabinet.
A complacent president with no sense of urgency is as dangerous as a recklessly corrupt one.
I wonder what people who were rushing saraki to pass the budget will say now. Buhari is suffering from cerebral palsy and has lost touch with reality.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by EdCure: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2016
onatisi:

He will first travel to about 4 countries that will take about 3 to 4 weeks . Then he will comeback to attend to some saraki stuff before going to daura to inspect the health of his cows before looking into this issue
Though you like to sound bogus in you claims, but sadly this appears as the template of the Mohammed buhari's itinerary.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by PassingShot(m): 8:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Khd95:
The name "baba go slow" comes to mind again"sad

he is not in a hurry when life is difficult for ordinary nigerians,issorait God is watching u in LCD plasma screensad
Should the Assembly not have sent the passed budget with its details as passed?

Make una dey use una God given brain Na. After all, na free gift.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by EdCure: 8:52am On Mar 28, 2016
PassingShot:
Should the Assembly not have sent the passed budget with its details?
Make una dey use una God given brain Na. After all, na free gift.
The president doesn't have to sit back and wait for details. He should go for it. And if he's proactive and pragmatic enough, getting the all-important details will not take even a week.

He rested for months before sending that same budget that was wraught with errors. One would've thought he perused through it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by egalitarian78: 9:22am On Mar 28, 2016
f
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by PassingShot(m): 9:23am On Mar 28, 2016
EdCure:

The president doesn't have to sit back and wait for details. He should go for it. And if he's proactive and pragmatic enough, getting the all-important details will not take even a week.

He rested for months before sending that same budget that was wraught with errors. One would've thought he perused through it.
How could the president have perused the budget himself? You should know better.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by codedguy1(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2016
There is something fundamentally wrong with us in this country. So it now the president wants to go thru the budget detail by detail after the Nass have passed it. So what exactly did the Nass pass and while the president is going thru the details of the already passed budget and finds a discrepancy would he be justified to change it? A budget that has already been passed.

He probably just rendered the Nass as an inconsequential entity inpassing this budget.

Or am I missing something here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by omogin(f): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2016
Ordinary budget apc and buhari evil govt wants to die before passing
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by omogin(f): 9:36am On Mar 28, 2016
codedguy1:
There is something fundamentally wrong with us in this country. So it now the president wants to go thru the budget detail by detail after the Nass have passed it. So what exactly did the Nass pass and while the president is going thru the details of the already passed budget and finds a discrepancy he would justified to change it? A budgat that has already been passed.

He probably just rendered the Nass as an inconsequential entity inpassing this budget.

Or am I missing something here.

You're not missing anything dear. This govt is so nauseating.
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by LoveMachine(m): 10:17am On Mar 28, 2016
I've been riding for and with this new regime but I'm growing weary. I need some reprieve.
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2016
NavierStokes:

Tell us another nonsense.
Abi o, but he can send nonsense budget to the National Assembly

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by BlackTechnology: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2016
LoveMachine:
I've been riding for and with this new regime but I'm growing weary. I need some reprieve.

You must enjoy the CHANGE you voted for
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by NavierStokes(m): 10:24am On Mar 28, 2016
IyaIode:

Abi o, but he can send nonsense budget to the National Assembly

The same man who claimed not to know the details of his budget on Al jazeera, is now insisting on details as though he has always had an eye for details.
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by LoveMachine(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2016
BlackTechnology:

You must enjoy the CHANGE you voted for

If you say so. We're in this together so if I'm hurting so are you. You either want good for all or bad for yourself. Can't play both sides.

1 Like

Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by BlackTechnology: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2016
LoveMachine:

If you say so. We're in this together so if I'm hurting so are you. You either want good for all or bad for yourself. Can't play both sides.

I am exempted in the suffering
Re: Buhari In No Hurry To Sign Budget - Presidency [pics] by LoveMachine(m): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2016
BlackTechnology:

I am exempted in the suffering

To quote Lyfe Jennings," MUST BEEE NIIIIIIICE!" Congrats amigo. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!!!!!! Cbn Governor Retires? / A Correction and the truth on bayelsans being lazy / Mmm Our Savior Or Our Scamers 8 Point That Finish It All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.