Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn (11516 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / How People Traveled To Onitsha Before The Construction Of The Niger Bridge / Relocation Of Abuja Airport To Cost N1.1bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by Royals1st: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Amechi food don done for you this your chance transport minster the first question is that do we have any international air plane ?? No the fence will be to keep the private jets and the international airlines Nigeria govt no dey shame at all is just like person way no get car way go do carport car garage he wan dey sleep under carport abi i just dey laff may GOD help us for this country
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by talk2dmc(m): 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
This people sef ! 25b for fence of aleast 50km per airport , when a bag of cement of #1600 and sand can give u 34-38 blocks . We don catch them on this one !
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by juskrish: 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
We are not talking of million is billions, is too much joor
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by NaWetinDey(m): 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
sol2galay:
Let FG save 10billion,i will get the job well done at 15b. FAAN should pm me ASAP.

Bidding things...

I will do it for N12b, so FG can save N17b
grin
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by obysafety: 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
is the fence from USA or is the fence been imported from London. Abeg make i ask
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by CaptPlanet(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
politricks:
22 airports are being considered here besides, i hope you know airports are usually large.

So u mean fencing one airport can cost up to 1 billion naira?

Even if its the great wall of China it's still exorbitant
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by CaptPlanet(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
braine:

Its worth it. Fencing a normal house alone is expensive talkless of fencing 22 Airports! Even if the contractor would see some change in the money, it won't be much, that is if he does a good job tho.

Oya tell us how much it should be. You wailers will just be criticizing without using your brains.

So u mean to fence one airport will gulp over 1 billion naira? I don't know what is wrong with most of you. U think everything is about PD vs APC?

I think you're the one who needs to utilise his brain.
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by CaptPlanet(m): 5:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
ademoladeji:

#smh

How much does it cost to fence a 648 sqm area of land which is equivalent to 1 plot? Then you put into consideration extended height for the case of an Airport with concrete columns at interval. Also, not using the convention blocks but sancretes. Now, talk abt fencing an AIRPORT which is over a hundred plots with security devices (e.g. barb wire) attached to it.

It's quite expensive to do the fencing of an airport. Although, the timing isn't right because of the dwindling economic situation of the country.

You can go on and on all you like but there's no how 1 airport fence can gulp over 1 billion naira.

Incase u don't know, 1 billion naira= 999 million plus another 1 million.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by ademoladeji(m): 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptPlanet:

You can go on and on all you like but there's no how 1 airport fence can gulp over 1 billion naira.

Incase u don't know, 1 billion naira= 999 million plus another 1 million.

I get your point from the monetary perspective... It's a huge sum... One Billa!!!

Your argument shld hv been identification of these airports, needs for the fencing, the scope, description and the deliverables.

Do you know it's possible to build a 3-Bedroom bungalow with 300million naira?

There are lots to construction than the pronounced naira!
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by ademoladeji(m): 9:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Does it mean that those airports don't have fences at all? Or are fences the number one priority at the moment? How do we prove that those airports don't have fences and that the money will actually be channeled into fencing the airports rather than going into the bank account of the great lizard of Ubima? Hope you wouldn't have said it was worth it if they had said the fences will cost N2.5trn?

Thank goodness you said the timing is wrong.

Lmfao....

Your points are very VALID asides the 2.5trn

We need to first identify those airports

Secondly, do the evaluation of individual airport

Thirdly, check the need of the fencing as against other necessities for the airports

My take is we can't just talk abt just airports in terms of development. The 'common man' doesn't use the airport even though it cld create job opportunity if not given to the likes of CCECC, JBN, RCC.... Invite young Nigerians to come apply for role and allow FAAN or NCAA or Fed min of transportation to be in charge of the construction.
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by ademoladeji(m): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
ogmaskman:

Bro the timing is right ooooo. Boys need cash like oxygen to run things now. The economy is suffocating as per no cash in circulation. I gbadu ur post.

Thanks brother.

It depends on what to look @ with the timing.

Do we really need to fence the airports? Are there no other facilities to be upgraded?

For the money to go round, we dnt need the likes of JBN, CCECC, RCC and co to get the construction work.

Young Project Mgrs, young Engineers, QS, Land Surveyors, chaps from the technical colleges, locals within the communities those airports are situated... These are people to be engaged. Not those power n money mongers
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by ademoladeji(m): 10:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
rusher14:

Actually, the timing for me is right.

People need to be employed right now.

Direct labour should be employed where applicable.

A little injection of funds into the economy might kickstart enterprise.

Other than that your comment is in order.

Your points are very VALID.

The only ish I might have is if the likes of JBN, RCC, CCECC... gets the project.

Young guns shld be tried n tested!

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by CaptPlanet(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
ademoladeji:

I get your point from the monetary perspective... It's a huge sum... One Billa!!!

Your argument shld hv been identification of these airports, needs for the fencing, the scope, description and the deliverables.

Do you know it's possible to build a 3-Bedroom bungalow with 300million naira?

There are lots to construction than the pronounced naira!

I still see no reason or moral justification of building a fence with 1 billion naira. It's outrageous.

Building a bungalow for 300 million is possible especially when you're doing it out of your own purse and to a certain taste.

In this case, it's tax payers money and at a time when the govt claims there's no money, with all these economic disaster we're in. Frivolous spending is what we can't afford right now.

It would have made more sense if that money was used to fix the power issue.
Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by ademoladeji(m): 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptPlanet:

I still see no reason or moral justification of building a fence with 1 billion naira. It's outrageous.

Building a bungalow for 300 million is possible especially when you're doing it out of your own purse and to a certain taste.

In this case, it's tax payers money and at a time when the govt claims there's no money, with all these economic disaster we're in. Frivolous spending is what we can't afford right now.

Re: Construction Of Airport Fences To Cost N25bn by oskaaay(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2016
CaptPlanet:

We all look forward to nigeria with stable power supply oooo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa Or China ? / Tuberculosis Test For Uk Tier 2 Visa Application: Urgent Appointments / When Can I Re-apply For Uk Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.