Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Who Is My Friend? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is My Friend? (453 Views)

Urgent Before My Friend Die, Advise A Friend / My Friend Gets Pregnant, I Get Heartbroken 2 / My Friend's Mother And I (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is My Friend? by anitapreeti(f): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
A friend is a person other than a family member, spouse or lover whose company one enjoys and shares a bond of mutual affection with; such a person supports, assists, guides, protects and generally cares for the other.

Friendship goes beyond an acquaintance or associate, it goes beyond walking or working with a particular person or spending long hours with a person as this may be influenced by many factors such as career pursuit, academic endeavors, religious fellowship amongst other circles in which a person would be bound to associate with others.

Many people have the misconception that friendship exists in the circumstances pointed out above however this isn't so. Friendship goes beyond physical companionship or circumstantial interaction. Though it can't be totally ruled out as it forms the basis of friendship as the popular saying goes "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step" Friendship may stem from such environment however the parties must reach a consensus and not merely assume they are friends.

Friendship thrives in agreement, the both sides must coincide. Their minds must meet and agree to work together. It cannot exist upon assumptions; which breeds a situation akin to "I am your friend and you are her friend not mine". This may cause heartbreak as one may not be able to meet up to the standard of expectations which the other has placed him on while assuming friendship.

What is friendship?
This two persons who stand by each other no matter how hard the storm rolls or the wind hurls, bounded by sincerity and trust.
They must get to the point where 'thank you' and 'sorry' would not be found in their pool of words. Why? Helping each other becomes a tradition that saying 'thank you' will amount to unnecessary repetition of same words 'tautology' And amazingly they won't hurt each other which means no one will have to say 'sorry'.
Most importantly, there must be affection. It seals the deal. Mutual genuine love cements the relationship forever.

Who is your friend?

Angearl.

(1) (Reply)

Where Am I? / Tales Of Unfilled Potential / Life Is A Bed Of Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.