Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

How The Death And Ressurection Of Jesus Is A Sacrifice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Death And Ressurection Of Jesus Is A Sacrifice (832 Views)

Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How The Death And Ressurection Of Jesus Is A Sacrifice by damosky12(m): 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
In response to the question on the FP some time ago ( https://www.nairaland.com/2541086/how-jesus-death-sacrifice-he. )..

Jesus' death is beyond physical. This should be cleared in the following succint points..

1. Jesus is not an ordinary man. The Bible called Him the Word of God.. John 1:1 , in fact He is the Word of God made flesh John 1:14. Besides, He birth wasn't natural. His life didn't come from the spermatozoa. He was born by the Holy Spirit overshadowing a virgin to carry Him.
Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

By virtue of this, Jesus wansnt in any way a sinner for He wasn't produced of man but from God Himself. Hence, Jesus was the qualified to pay for man's sins..
He was without sin naturally, physically, spiritually and any other wise.
Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

He was without spot. Yet he died a sinner with our own sins.. How else is this a SACRIFICE?

2. He willingly offered Himself! This wasn't an ordinary man... He could have decided not to have died. Yet, for love, He suffered and died. Look what He said far before He was framed up.

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Infact, even when He was caught, He had authority over the Angels.
Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

He gave himself to brutalized, insulted, ridiculed and killed by ordinary men even though He was the powerful Son of God. He ciuld have decided not to, yet, He gave Himself! What more would a sacrifice look like?

3. He went to hell.. The fact that He was the Son of God, with a pure nature qualified Him to bear the sins of the world. In fact, He was made the sins of the world.
In fact The Father turned His back on Him for the sins He was carrying.. Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

By this very fact, He was made to die a Spiritual death. He went to hell where the full price of our sins and its results were paid.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

It was in hell He overcame the forces of hell for our very sake..

Colossians 2:15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

In fact, His resurrection is the proof of the fact that the price for all humankind sins had been paid for..

The fact remains that He went through all these for our sakes...... Jesus is LORD forever.

What do you think?
Re: How The Death And Ressurection Of Jesus Is A Sacrifice by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
If only you'd realise how blasphemous it is to say GOD, in whom supposedly all we see and feel exists, LOST something...

Lol. To who? To what? You could as well empty an ocean by drawing out a cup of water.

1 Like

Re: How The Death And Ressurection Of Jesus Is A Sacrifice by damosky12(m): 8:23am On Jun 04, 2017
Jesus' sacrifice is simply the token of God's love for human kind. It isn't about God losing something but about Him giving His Son.

(1) (Reply)

Any One Blessed With Dream Analysis?? / Do Not Go To Church If You Have This Believe / Lets Reflect On Carl Marx's Thoughts On Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.