Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

IGALA Cultural Thread - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / IGALA Cultural Thread (4145 Views)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils Logo Of The Yoruba Cultural Carnival Worldwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGALA Cultural Thread by OmoIgala: 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oma Igala u shey.
I am not an expert in my culture, but I am considerably knowledgeable. Ask me any question about Igala people, language, and culture.

The Igalas are one of the largest ethnic groups in nigeria today, they number approximately 2.1 Million, and can be found predominantly in the eastern sections of Kogi state, but also in the northern parts of Anambra and Enugu states, North Eastern Delta state, Nassarawa state and Edo state. The traditional headquarters of Igala land is located at Idah on the right banks of the River Niger.

Re: IGALA Cultural Thread by zenith4biz(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Oma igala mishe ama mi gbishi omemele.

Abi ede?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGALA Cultural Thread by Angelou(m): 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
OmoIgala:
Oma Igala u shey.
I am not an expert in my culture, but I am considerably knowledgeable. Ask me any question about Igala people, language, and culture.

these pictures of your looks more like a nuclear - family photo. the attires worn in the pictures also does not in any ramification potrays the indigenous fabrics of the igalas (it looks more like TIV or Birom attires). You don't even seem to be versed in the language you are claiming affinity to. You typed "omoigala" instead of "OmaIgala"

1 Like

Re: IGALA Cultural Thread by tpiah01: 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
e remain small make e type UmuIgala sef?

2 Likes

Re: IGALA Cultural Thread by ironheart(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2017
Abo igála ugbó mé dé
Re: IGALA Cultural Thread by iSlayer: 11:15am On Feb 01, 2017
I met someone two days ago from Igalamelu-Odolu LGA in Kogi. Can someone tell me of the ethnic make up of that LG(multiethnic?) in particular or is it homogenously Igala territory.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING - Onibeju Of Ibeju - Lekki Is Dead! (photo) / Ekpeye And Ogba Ethnic Groups Are From Igbo Hinterland / Osun Osogbo Pagan Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.