Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? (1507 Views)

Design That Top Notch Idea On Your Mind / Remote Desktop Connection / Do You Have Any Idea On How To Do This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? by Naijapsycho(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
I am really ken to learn how to build a remote desktop file. I found out there was a way if could be don through Amazon Aws but if anybody knows otherwise, i am willing to learn. i also gathered that there is an e-book for it, if anyone can help me with it, i'll be very grateful. Thanks
Re: Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? by larisoft: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2016
Build remote desktop file?

Do you mean create a file that is in txt/jpg/docx..etc format on a remote computer?

Or do you mean compile code that is sitting on a remote computer from your own computer?

Anyway, I think I have done what you are looking for in the past, and you may find my answer useful.

What you are trying to do requires a server ( a web host), a client, another client, and a connection joining the three computers. The server is the computer in between the two clients (desktops in your case). The first client is your computer. The second client is your remote computer. And the connection is any network that can facilitate communication among these machines. It can be as wide as the internet, or as small as a local wifi network in your home.

Now, you will need to create scripts on the server which will receive commands from your computer, and make them ready for the remote computer to download. This is called a "web service" and can be implemented in PHP, RUBY, PYTHON, e.t.c. Also worthy of note is the fact that you could use AWS here, but seriously that's like killing an ant with a tractor.

Now; you will need to install a software on the remote computer that checks the server at a defined interval, once it finds a new command, it executes it. If you dont have the owner's consent (Like I usually dont), you will have to write your own software which will run smoothly in the background,receive, and execute your commands for you. Languages that can implement this very well are C#, C++, Java, C among many others. If on the other hand, you have the owner's consent, you can look into software available in the market for that and all you will have to do is install the software on the two clients, and maybe read the software manual to see how to use it.

This command will then contain what you want the remote computer to do.

if you want it to create a word document; the command could be something like "notepad new_document.txt";

the receiving software, if written in C#, will execute this command this way:
System.Diagnostics.Process process = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo();
startInfo.WindowStyle = System.Diagnostics.ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
startInfo.FileName = "notepad.exe";
startInfo.Arguments = "new_document.txt";
process.StartInfo = startInfo;
process.Start();

And "new_document.txt" will be created in the remote desktop.

1 Like

Re: Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? by AmazingNeoTech(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
I CAN HELP! CHECK OUT THE POST I MADE ABOUT A DESKTOP I CREATED

https://www.nairaland.com/2945218/please-rate-light-weight-pc

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE APP FROM:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By7EUMgM7vhtYnUzalVBVldaSDA/view?usp=sharing

IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION, YOU CAN CONTACT ME DIRECTLY ON: 08033730881
Re: Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? by Naijapsycho(m): 1:11am On Jul 05, 2016
larisoft:

Do you mean create a file that is in txt/jpg/docx..etc format on a remote computer?

Or do you mean compile code that is sitting on a remote computer from your own computer?

Anyway, I think I have done what you are looking for in the past, and you may find my answer useful.

What you are trying to do requires a server ( a web host), a client, another client, and a connection joining the three computers. The server is the computer in between the two clients (desktops in your case). The first client is your computer. The second client is your remote computer. And the connection is any network that can facilitate communication among these machines. It can be as wide as the internet, or as small as a local wifi network in your home.

Now, you will need to create scripts on the server which will receive commands from your computer, and make them ready for the remote computer to download. This is called a "web service" and can be implemented in PHP, RUBY, PYTHON, e.t.c. Also worthy of note is the fact that you could use AWS here, but seriously that's like killing an ant with a tractor.

Now; you will need to install a software on the remote computer that checks the server at a defined interval, once it finds a new command, it executes it. If you dont have the owner's consent (Like I usually dont), you will have to write your own software which will run smoothly in the background,receive, and execute your commands for you. Languages that can implement this very well are C#, C++, Java, C among many others. If on the other hand, you have the owner's consent, you can look into software available in the market for that and all you will have to do is install the software on the two clients, and maybe read the software manual to see how to use it.

This command will then contain what you want the remote computer to do.

if you want it to create a word document; the command could be something like "notepad new_document.txt";

the receiving software, if written in C#, will execute this command this way:
System.Diagnostics.Process process = new System.Diagnostics.Process();
System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo = new System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo();
startInfo.WindowStyle = System.Diagnostics.ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden;
startInfo.FileName = "notepad.exe";
startInfo.Arguments = "new_document.txt";
process.StartInfo = startInfo;
process.Start();

And "new_document.txt" will be created in the remote desktop.

I'm not a programmer. I need a guide in creat a windows remote deskstop file... a friend of mine uses AWS, and it's fast and lasts longer than some.
Re: Who Has An Idea On How To Build A Remote Desktop File? by badthinds: 9:12am On Jul 05, 2016
larisoft:
... a "web service" and can be implemented in PHP, RUBY, PYTHON, e.t.c. ...
Nice post. but how can I implement the web service using PYTHON. Please.

(1) (Reply)

Android Learning Community (ALC) By Andela / I’m 27 Year Old. I’m I Too Old To Learn Programming? / Free Udemy Course For Python Programmers(2 days left)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.