Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? (25285 Views)

Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by damosky12(m): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
quickly:
Why did nff sack keshi after winning nations cup and taking them to 2nd round.
Forget about afcon 2017

Mikel and co.don chop belleful

The mistake started when they sacked Keshi...
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by stevoskyj(m): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
succyblinks:

Lol.. It's gud

Its not as if i mean you are a fine gal oh, its jst that my phone got a technical error
*You know what i'm saying??*
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by succyblinks(f): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
stevoskyj:

Its not as if i mean you are a fine gal oh, its jst that my phone got a technical error
*You know what i'm saying??*

I fully understand
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by stevoskyj(m): 1:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
succyblinks:

I fully understand
Good.. you know man utd plays everton this weekend.. wats yours prediction
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by vickylala239: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:
I was impressed with the play, I used this to console myself, but was angry that siasia had to play a lone striker(Ighalo) in a game we needed to win badly.

I'm a true Nigerian, and I feel the probing pain through my heart due to our failure to qualify for the tournament consecutively; the ouster of super eagle or the failure to qualify for the tournament back-to-back is a dent on our image as an "African football house".
We were hendecasyllabic in players just like the Egyptians, but we were not focused in the first-leg.

Comme ci , comme ca , they had a good play, unfortunately, they lost.

The Chadians withdrew from the qualifiers due to lack of funds to prosecute their remaining games in the qualifications. This decision by the Chadians puts us in the outright position of 'non-qualification' (permit me to put it this way) having lost to Egypt yestetday.

My question is, can we get the Chadians to rescind their decision if we take up the responsibility of funding their remaining matches and paying their players allowance? as this could still give our second place position in the group the needed value of qualifying us.

NB: I know we find it hard to pay our players and coaches , but trust Nigeria/Nigerians in a situation like this; we can play the big brother to our neighbors especially when we are going to benefit from them( e.g multinational task force , ceding of bakassi peninsula to cameroon , etc).

Funny country....

This Ppl withdrew already....

Beside super eagle is world mst worst team....alwys depending on another country to qualify....this tym around it bck fires....

Hw cn u b playing 1:0 is 1:0 a goal line?

if ur talking of winning ask Ghana!! They put their fans ahead wit 3 to 4 goals...

Super eagle will Neva score Xcept opponent score 1st and Evn if they manage to score after 1st half draw..opponent will equalize and Evn win....

This is no need for super eagle to go any where...

Evn if we are given Malta we will win by 2 n celebrate as if we win wrld cup..while our mate will b beating d same team Lik 7 to 8 goals...

This happen wen we managed to win common Niger n we were celebrating,a team Dat Dat dogs will Neva use in ranking ur team high...

Who do we play in frndlies if Nt Malawi,namibia.. wen we win we celebrate as if we Jst win a team..fifa being wise knw Dat Malawi n namibia are junks..wit does kind of win u get nothing in ranking from fifa...

Wen Ghana are busy playing top teams as frndlies we are busy looking for junky teams...

How do u xpect us to qualify...

Am not a Ghanaian, Bt watch how Ghana play.. infact u will stand up from ur sit n u will Nt knw ur standing....their white culd turn black,they put leg in anything they see.....

I remember in wrld cup Ghana wanted to run mad against Uruguay.... everybody look as if they wer on drugs....

Watch Nigeria match u will feel Lik sleeping,no pressure to opponent, no shot on target,no save,no skillful player display..no xcelent free kick...no pin point pass,no counter,u will see dem busy wen is 80mins....and this busy is throwing n rushing to play corners..

Mikel will alwys pass ball bckward rather that. Face front...
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
First leg it was Sallah who scored, second leg it was Ramadan...maybe next time we should try playing Christmas and Easter in our team too.

That should solve it
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Leke001: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
sammydemperor:
Wow ... That was really out of the box

I like the way you think, but the problem is that our president has traveled again, he's on a nuclear vacation, xo anything sports related is off his tabs

hahahahaha!...i just feel like laughing today
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Erg2000(m): 4:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
That is a very good idea but I don't think CAF will have them reintegrated. they've already fined them and also banned them from participating in 2019 edition.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Nnabugwu8590: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:
I was impressed with the play, I used this to console myself, but was angry that siasia had to play a lone striker(Ighalo) in a game we needed to win badly.

I'm a true Nigerian, and I feel the probing pain through my heart due to our failure to qualify for the tournament consecutively; the ouster of super eagle or the failure to qualify for the tournament back-to-back is a dent on our image as an "African football house".
We were hendecasyllabic in players just like the Egyptians, but we were not focused in the first-leg.

The Chadians withdrew from the qualifiers due to lack of funds to prosecute their remaining games in the qualifications. This decision by the Chadians puts us in the outright position of 'non-qualification' (permit me to put it this way) having lost to Egypt yestetday.

My question is, can we get the Chadians to rescind their decision if we take up the responsibility of funding their remaining matches and paying their players allowance? as this could still give our second place position in the group the needed value of qualifying us.

NB: I know we find it hard to pay our players and coaches , but trust Nigeria/Nigerians in a situation like this; we can play the big brother to our neighbors especially when we are going to benefit from them( e.g multinational task force , ceding of bakassi peninsula to cameroon , etc).
My dear, CAF decision is final. Remember that all the points gotten from Chad have been deducted from Nigeria and Egypt.
Nigeria now has 2 points, Egypt has 7 points and Tanzania has 1 point.
Thank care!
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by lozanni(m): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
succyblinks:
Sorry buh wah is afcon??

Bae come and explain wah they are talking about oh

Buh guys dey try oh.. Imagine watching match dat is vry boring for Gud 90mins.. Na wa

You wont understand sweet.

Its the same way we guys think its boring that you girls have to sit for 4 hours trying to fix brazillian weaveon, lol.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Eeroh95(m): 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
sammydemperor:

I like the way you think, but the problem is that our president has traveled again, he's on a nuclear vacation, xo anything sports related is off his tabs
oh bubu don go nuclear vacation? Atomic vacation awaits
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Smooyis(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2016
Our inability to qualify has saved lives, stress, and anxiety during the tournament. So no need. Rather use the money for the IDP's in Borno and Benue. I rest my case.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Caseless: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nnabugwu8590:

My dear, CAF decision is final. Remember that all the points gotten from Chad have been deducted from Nigeria and Egypt.
Nigeria now has 2 points, Egypt has 7 points and Tanzania has 1 point.
Thank care!
I want to know what would happen if they rescind their decision, bro.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Caseless: 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
vickylala239:

Funny country....

This Ppl withdrew already....

Beside super eagle is world mst worst team....alwys depending on another country to qualify....this tym around it bck fires....

Hw cn u b playing 1:0 is 1:0 a goal line?

if ur talking of winning ask Ghana!! They put their fans ahead wit 3 to 4 goals...

Super eagle will Neva score Xcept opponent score 1st and Evn if they manage to score after 1st half draw..opponent will equalize and Evn win....

This is no need for super eagle to go any where...

Evn if we are given Malta we will win by 2 n celebrate as if we win wrld cup..while our mate will b beating d same team Lik 7 to 8 goals...

This happen wen we managed to win common Niger n we were celebrating,a team Dat Dat dogs will Neva use in ranking ur team high...

Who do we play in frndlies if Nt Malawi,namibia.. wen we win we celebrate as if we Jst win a team..fifa being wise knw Dat Malawi n namibia are junks..wit does kind of win u get nothing in ranking from fifa...

Wen Ghana are busy playing top teams as frndlies we are busy looking for junky teams...

How do u xpect us to qualify...

Am not a Ghanaian, Bt watch how Ghana play.. infact u will stand up from ur sit n u will Nt knw ur standing....their white culd turn black,they put leg in anything they see.....

I remember in wrld cup Ghana wanted to run mad against Uruguay.... everybody look as if they wer on drugs....

Watch Nigeria match u will feel Lik sleeping,no pressure to opponent, no shot on target,no save,no skillful player display..no xcelent free kick...no pin point pass,no counter,u will see dem busy wen is 80mins....and this busy is throwing n rushing to play corners..

Mikel will alwys pass ball bckward rather that. Face front...
something is fundamentally wrong with our national team.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by dins4real(m): 12:24am On Mar 31, 2016
Caseless:

Op, chei u are too funny ooooo. grin grin cool cool cool grin
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Praktikals(m): 5:54am On Mar 31, 2016
sammydemperor:

You no go kill pesin with laughter o
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Praktikals(m): 6:02am On Mar 31, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Nigeria don't deserve to qualify..
Abeg explain your moniker 'MoneypassGod' to me.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by vickylinco(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sheikwonder:
I think there's an ethical issue involved here. If by any chance we are allowed to sponsor Chad, automatically Chad are indebted to us. So they may feel an obligation to pay us back in kind not monetarily but by trying to go easy on us in the qualifiers which is an uncanny form of match fixing. Even telling them to play full strength against us wouldn't change that because it is only natural to want to return a favour. By extension, this would go against the spirit of fair play. Another point here is that we are only making this offer seeing the uphill task ahead. We knew before the Egypt game that Chad were disqualified, we did nothing. All of a sudden we are now acting as big brothers to satisfy our selfish interest. Granted that there is no evil per se in seeking out all alternatives in salvaging an already lost cause, still I think that it raises a lot of issues especially ethical ones. But this is my opinion, maybe others may view it differently.
bro, are you an Ican student. you sound as an accountant
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by MoneypassGod(m): 5:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Praktikals:
Abeg explain your moniker 'MoneypassGod' to me.
Guy its a long story.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Sheikwonder(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2016
vickylinco:
bro, are you an Ican student. you sound as an accountant

Noo ooo....

I especially despise Accounting...
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by vickylinco(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Sheikwonder:

Noo ooo....

I especially despise Accounting...
well, you sound as one cos of your view on ethics

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation / Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Where Are The Cat And Pig That Predicted Nigeria's Victory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.