Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670577 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

Loooolllll! grin I didn't mention names na. Na you add put ooooooo. grin

grin

Are you really a Troll or just obsessed with foreign-born Players?! LOL!

I think the Elders have spoken well. There is limit to everything. The Newbies are already misunderstanding you, your opinion and philosophy. LOL

It's fair to argue with facts and stats - doing justice to the argument is far more important. It's true that stats don't lie but sometimes it's misleading like a Youtube clip! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

He still get am as long as he is Chelsea's 3rd striker.

Very soon he will be given the chance to prove himself and hopefully he makes use of it.

My fear is once he plays for Chelsea, he is gone hence we invite him before it is too late. grin
solanke can never b brought back 2 chelsea unless he becomes PROLIFIC at vitnesse abi how dem dey spell am batsuayi no dey sleep
and i pray chelsea sign griezmann ahead of manu nxt transfer window
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:50pm On Oct 21, 2016
Why do some forumite feel you must talk bad of one Nigeria player or use derogatory remark on one in other to champion their favorite player. Iheanacho and Iwobi are making Nigerians proud and we should appreciate them instead talking them down because your own favorite player is not making wave..... Calling them tatas, toddler make you no different from the Zambians, and remember how the toddler disgrace the zambians at their backyard, I hope same thing will not happen to some here.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

That Emmanuel Amunike's team is full of overrated players.

I will only single out 1 player(although I like Michael) from that set. The rest na poho.

How dey won the U17 competition is simply based on tik tak football.

Seriously, the most valuable player in U17 is finding it hard to play in a second division? shocked

Nobody should give excuses that this is first professional football experience because it is expected here that you must perform like Messi in ya first professional club football. Gosh! grin

Na wa ooooooo! Dutch second division. shocked

bros i know say u senior me buh sometimes i feel like dropping brt on ur head nawa 4 u ooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
I really don't wanna say much but lemme say these:

@First bolded... Didn't wanna make him feel bullied hence you had to be soft to him and "throw jibes at me" grin

And uhmmm... Me?? Bully Forgiveness?? Me na indomie generation naa... sad

@Second bolded.... This isn't my first E-confrontation... smiley The elite, super experienced and highly esteemed Sir Icon4s and I did have something close to E-confrontation on the U-23 thread when it was the season of "Experience vs Youth precocity" smiley

Interesting and shocking right??

That debate was "close to legendary"..... I did drop a few harsh comments/posts... But ofcos there's a history behind all that.... That's for another day.

**Will never "truly" argue with Oga Experience ever again** Loooolllll.... **just see him (Sir Icon4s) smiling** smiley

Sir Icon4s, Chief Guardian of the halls of "Experience" ... I hail ooo smiley

So that's it Mr. Oasis.... smiley

Once again, you're welcome....

As for the Algeria game, Well, you can start up something.... wink

Oasis007:

grin grin grin

Forgiveness is a fat Liar, while Oasis007 is a quarter-Liar

- Supernerd

(just joking with the quotation) grin

LOL! You are really a funny Dude! I may seem partial with my support for Forgiveness, but I'm ain't! Just don't want him to feel bullied and isolated because of his philosophy. (he would surely laugh at this comment) grin

We can't all be on the same page - but my concern is; this thread shouldn't be turned to Politics Section. Maybe I missed, but I'm kinda convinced this is the first time you are engaging in E-Confrontation. LOL!

I think we should return normalcy back to the thread ASAP! We have few Days left to the Algeria Match, Rohr is kinda disappointed that the Thread was derailed.

Rohr is waiting for us to start recommending Players based on Merit. Forgiveness shouldn't be feeding us with craps! LOL!

I enjoin all aggrieved Parties to sheath their swords...... it's time to start discussing Algeria Match in proper!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Competition is good. Enyeama around will make Ikeme improve. If Enyeama in the post will make us stronger, then we are doing ourselves a disservice rejecting Rohr's proposal. Rohr is the man running the team. If he wants Enyeama and feels he can bring him back, we respect it.
if u wer ikeme how would u feel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Competition is good. Enyeama around will make Ikeme improve. If Enyeama in the post will make us stronger, then we are doing ourselves a disservice rejecting Rohr's proposal. Rohr is the man running the team. If he wants Enyeama and feels he can bring him back, we respect it.
if u were ikeme how would u feel
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

Commot Mikel, commot Onazi, Nigeria's midfield will fall yakata.
mikel alone will do d damage if ndidi can play like 2 matches with mikel we will forget about onazi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
@Oasis007..... smiley Both you and Forgiveness can say what you want about your "emotion" theory.... Where was emotion shown?? Loolllllll...

I REPEAT, "FORGIVENESS IS THE BIG FAT LIAR.... smiley " HE USED THAT WORD FIRST WITH "THAT'S A FAT LIE" AND NOW IT LANDS ON HIS DOORSTEPS.... smiley

HE'S BEEN PROVEN TO ARGUE ON REFLEX. smiley HE'S BLIND TO THE OVERALL STATS AND ONLY CONCERNED WITH HIS FAVORITES HENCE TERMING ME A FAT LIAR..... He always speak about stats and facts... *smiles* It's ironic that it is the same "facts and stats" that has exposed him.... smiley

Look... Don't be a coward okay. If you wanna say something to my face, do it directly... Don't throw silly jabs because you obviously are also taking sides too wink

THE MATTER WAS SIMPLE...... FORGIVENESS TERMS SUPERNERD A FAT LIAR FOR SAYING NACHO HAD LESSER MINS And WAS MORE PROLIFIC THAN SOLANKE HAD AND WAS LAST SEASON..... smiley

I said first, "PRODUCE THE STATS TO SEE FOR YOURSELF" smiley

HE REFUSED!!!! AND THREW IT BACK TO ME...

"THE FAT LIAR" COMMENT WAS STILL HANGING.... Someone had to be lying right?? wink

Hence, I produced the "truth" and ended this. smiley DID I DO WRONG? sad

ALSO.... I HAVE ALWAYS SPOKEN ABOUT FOREIGN-BORNS ACROSS ALL KINDS OF SPORTS THREADS ON NL INCLUDING SOME PREVIOUS ONES AND HAVE ALWAYS DROPPED NAMES...... I also spoke about IWOBI, DELE ALLI (BEFORE HE CHOSE ENGLAND), AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS.... smiley

I ALSO SPOKE ABOUT EBUEHI, EHIZIBUE AND LATELY TAMMY ABRAHAM... THE LIST IS SO ENDLESS..... smiley

SO LET NO ONE MAKE IT LOOK LIKE IT'S ONLY FORGIVENESS WHO GIVES A SH*T ABOUT FOREIGN-BORNS..... IT'S REALLY A FALLACY.

Monikers like yours choose their words and subtly try to paint another bad in the name of claiming peacemaker.... grin

I AM NOT HERE FOR YOUR RESPECT OR THE RESPECT OF ANY MONIKER...... I AM HERE TO TALK FOOTBALL DEVOID OF SENTIMENTS, "SUBTLE" TRIBALISM AND BLIND FAVORITISM........ FAVORITISM THAT MAKES FORGIVENESS LIE SO BLATANTLY WHEN COMPARING TWO PLAYERS..... "NACHO AND SOLANKE" TO WHICH I HAD TO RESPOND TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT.....

I AM NOT SORRY FOR WHAT I DID FOR I DID IT THE WAY IT JUST HAD TO DONE....... smiley

AND I INSIST.... With Forgiveness.... The air of blind sentiments and tribalism will continue to sniff around this thread and future threads....

Forgiveness.... Hope you remember your words well.... smiley

»You speaking on Omidiji's omission from Nigeria's Falconets squad... Sept.21 (4:14pm) on The youth talents and players thread...

»You speaking further on same matter....

SIR FORGIVESSNESS..... IT WAS ONLY ABOUT OMIDIJI SOPHIA WHO IS 5ft 2inches.

SHE IS ONE PERSON. SO NOW I ASK... HOW DOES THE COMMENT ON "ONE PART OF NIGERIA" BEING PHYSICALLY BUILT COME INTO THIS?? AND....

THE "OTHER PART" DOESN'T DESERVE A PLACE IN THE TEAM...... *where does that connect with Sophia's case??*

DON'T WE HAVE LITTLE AND SHORT PLAYERS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY? SO WHERE DOES THE BIGOTRY COME INTO THIS??

AND ALSO... IF YOU "GO THRU THE LIST WE WILL SEE IT AS CRYSTAL CLEAR"... What exactly?? HMMM... Forgiveness... smiley

I won't even mention your comment to Sir Icon4s as regards "bigotry".... The evidence is much my friend. Your words are your doom...
smiley

Listen up Oasis007...... I may be a youngster in my early 20s and a "junior" on this thread... But it's clear I don't make remarks that are tantamount to just "blowing hot air".

I am super-passionate to see Nigeria rise in Soccer so much the same way I strive to keep excelling against the odds in my studies and career path.... smiley

ANYONE ELSE WHO WANNA MISUNDERSTAND AND TAKE SIDES WITH ME OR FORGIVESNESS WITHOUT FULLY UNDERSTANDING WHY SOME THINGS WERE SAID AND WHY I HAD TO PROVE HE WAS WRONG IN TERMING ME A FAT LIAR....... PLS... I GOT THIS FOR YOU:

"Don't just jump in like Oasis007 did... Look at the whole picture and pls don't take sides with me either.... I AM NOT ASKING FOR SUPPORT. I AM SAYING, LET TRUTH AND NON-BIAS RULE......"

I don't mind being misunderstood......... It's all part of the risk of going on this ride.... wink

PEACE..... smiley

What a wonderful write up for only one person. grin

First of all, I already know I am a lair because it is written that I am a lair. Sorry. grin

Secondly, you only proved that you where right about 'Nacho playing lesser minutes than Solanke last season' and that is all. That doesn't invalidate my previous assertions. Never! They still stand cridigba like Olumo rock. grin Sorry. grin

Thirdly, Your bigotry allegations ain't true.

In truth, Dedevbo informed Sophia Omidiji before announcing his provisional roster that he is not planning to take her to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea, citing that she is not as big and strong as the black girls in the team

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20516

That statement led to the argument.

A coach who seeks for Physical players over technical players and calls a Nigerian white is racist and bigot.

Now, who doesn't know Nigeria is made up of people with different physical structures.

And one who tends to focus on physicality will always get one result.

Even Oyinbo man knows that.

Ask em about the people with slim and tall physic, he go tell you.

And why is that a problem to you? And how is it that you quickly viewed it as a bigotry?

A girl born and breed abroad just came once to the camp and she already perceived their body odour. grin

Amokachi self knows about the corruption though I will not spare him. Sorry grin

https://www.naij.com/1014628-must-read-amokachi-makes-revealing-statements-nigerian-sports.html...

I am busy busy else I would have done more justice to this comment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
Loolll... And the statements of "One part of the country being picked over another part" nko?? Loollll... You dodgy fellow grin

Even Sophia Omidiji neva complained of corruption but was just sad that she was dropped and the reason for it. Afterwards, she said she still believes she will play for Nigeria coz that's what she wants... And it's her destiny" smiley

ANYWAY.... Whatever takes you thru the night Brova.... smiley

The people reading all these aren't dumb. wink

Have a great night Sir.... Happy #Trolling

forgiveness:

First of all, I already know I am a lair because it is written that I am a lair. Sorry. grin

Secondly, you only proved that you where right about 'Nacho playing lesser minutes than Solanke last season' and that is all. That doesn't invalidate my previous assertions. Never! They still stand cridigba like Olumo rock. grin Sorry. grin

In truth, Dedevbo informed Sophia Omidiji before announcing his provisional roster that he is not planning to take her to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Papua New Guinea, citing that she is not as big and strong as the black girls in the team

A coach who seeks for Physical players over technical players and calls a Nigerian white is racist and bigot.

Now, who doesn't know Nigeria is made up of people with different physical structures.

And why is that a problem to you? And how is it that you quickly viewed it as a bigotry?

A girl born and breed abroad just came once to the camp and she already perceived their body odour. grin

Amokachi self knows about the corruption though I will not spare him. Sorry grin

https://www.naij.com/1014628-must-read-amokachi-makes-revealing-statements-nigerian-sports.html...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
IyanuFanoro:
if u were ikeme how would u feel

How do you think Enyeama felt when Oliseh Unfairly dropped him from the team during the burial of his mum, how would you feel?

This is a National Football team. We need the best legs and hands ready to play for the country playing their parts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

A third striker at the fourth best club in the world is not a beans.

It is a very big achievement many youngsters dreams of, including Iwobi, Iheanacho and Success. Abi I lie? grin

Fourth best club that did not qualify for Champions League. Wait, they did not qualify for Europa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

When I said 'Iwobi is a Toddler to Solanke' I no dey troll and I no dey hate. I said it as it is.

Do you know why Iwobi is a starter in Arsenal?

Very simple, it is because he was called up to the Nigeria national team.

He was never a regular prior to his invitation to the Nigerian national team. The call up boasted his criteria.

Listen to Wenger then you will know th he never considered Iwobi to be a prospect..

Invite Solanke to the Nigerian national team and you will see him play. Though he has done well to make Chelsea's bench. The next level is to play in FA games.

A player is not player is not living up to potential but he is now Chelsea's 3rd striker? grin Very funny.

Iwobi opted to rep Nigeria hence the invitation. Does your Solanke see the SE as a worthy team to play for?? He feels more English than Nigerian. U can still prove me wrong by showing me a link where he said he wanna rep Nigeria, just as Iwobi did. Ruben Loftus Cheek, Nathan Chaloba etc have never had any senior international invitations, yet they played their way atleast into Chelsea Super subs, so what's stopping ur Solanke?? Are those two guys not his mates. U r still waiting for him to make his international debut before u would consider him worthy to dorn the blue shirt. Ndo

#Parochial

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

As for Sophia, sad the coach dropped her but I already explained to you. That is what baffles me about your post. The coach made it clear, he wants strong physical players.

It was Sophia who said, "Like the Black Girls" not the Nigerian coach calling her white.

She is talented. The coach accepted it but he wants to go with a physical squad.

That is not corruption, bigotry or bias.

If it was Amunike, there is a big chance she would make the list because he likes technical players. All coaches are not the same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
By the way, I want to give a big shout out to Mickael2. As much as I am wearing my boxing gloves for him, I believe without a doubt his technical understanding of the game is very valuable to us.

He does not just understand the possessive attacking philosophy but played it. I think such playing experience is valuable to us. I hope he helps us understand some technical tactics and strategies we missed.

Glad to have you here, Mickael2.

TheSuperNerd, please send him the E-wine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

I have said it over and over again that based on some statistics Iwobi is a Toddler to Solanke.

Go ask yourself.

He has the opportunity to play in a lesser team compared to the fourth best club in the world doesn't change anything.

Yes! Iwobi and Iheanacho dey shine wella 4 Arsenal and Manchester City but it doesn't mean they will make Chelsea's bench and if they do, count it a great honour. grin
mr forgiveness shut d f**k up u ar talkin beans so if conte was 2 pick between nacho and solanke or iwobi and solanke who would he choose u just like 2 defend ur self wen u are wrong no wonder ur enemies on this thread are numerous

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
By the way, I want to give a big shout out to Mickael2. As much as I am wearing my boxing gloves for him, I believe without a doubt his technical understanding of the game is very valuable to us.

He does not just understand the possessive attacking philosophy but played it. I think such playing experience is valuable to us. I hope he helps us understand some technical tactics and strategies we missed.

Glad to have you here, Mickael2.

TheSuperNerd, please send him the E-wine.

I am blushing, thanks a lot bro. Grant me amnesty and put away your gloves na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

<<<Drops Gloves>>>

Whoever coached you is a genius. With time, I hope you share more tips.

Like the half way line position of Central defenders, I heard of it recently from the assistant coach of Amodu Shuaibu I met.

He said that during their scoring drills, when Coach Monday Sinclair coached him, by the time they scored, Sinclair wanted all of them on the half way line.

He said, if they did not meet up, they did the drill allover. It was nice reading you pointing it out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

I guess you guys played 4-4-2 because you talked about one attacker pressing one half of the defence and the other pressing the other half.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
I think it is high we move on to the main thing.

It is getting boring. *yawn* grin sorry I dey copy somebody. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

Even if some of us disagree with your points, we still learn from them. So keep them coming. Take care.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
forgiveness:

A third striker at the fourth best club in the world is not a beans.

It is a very big achievement many youngsters dreams of, including Iwobi, Iheanacho and Success. Abi I lie? grin

see my brother, I didn't want to comment on this again but I will. I said earlier that I would choose Xavi over Ronaldnho and De Bruyne over HAZARD and I stand by it. if you watch Success closely you will see that he can dribble probably not as good as Hazard but assuming he started his career at a good club he would be just as good as Hazard trust me, so if Success had started at Chelsea just like Solanke, trust me he would be benching Willian by now or at least he will be the first sub any day. there are many players who can do what Hazard does but because they didn't start at a good academy they never fulfilled that potential. after reading everything you posted since, I decided to go and watch their games and compare their goals and assists. so you know why Solanke does not play at Chelsea? because he is a poacher not a player, Conte does not play with a poacher, you can see Costa coming to midfield to play. now Solanke can't do that half as well Iheanacho , although you may argue that he has a better eye for goal but in a team game you need to be creating chances too, watch Chelsea vs Leicester city, Costa created 3 good chances, Iheanacho does just that. so when comparing the two, Solanke might be the better goalscorer although I highly doubt that but for.modern day football, poaching alone isn't sufficient. lewandowski.is losing his place to Kimmich right now because of that, you can find a lot of good poachers but only few.strikers can truly influence a game without scoring and Iheanacho is among so any coach will take Iheanacho ahead of Solanke. and if Success had started playing for chelsea's academy, He would be considered a better prospect than Solanke. you argument on Iwobi is just funny, do you think it's easy for an African to bench an Englishman in the EPL? but Iwobi is benching Chamberlain, when Ramsey comes to he will bench him, what else do you want?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

<<<Drops Gloves>>>

Whoever coached you is a genius. With time, I hope you share more tips.

Like the half way line position of Central defenders, I heard of it recently from the assistant coach of Amodu Shuaibu I met.

He said that during their scoring drills, when Coach Monday Sinclair coached him, by the time they scored, Sinclair wanted all of them on the half way line.

He said, if they did not meet up, they did the drill allover. It was nice reading you pointing it out.

sadly football has changed a lot sha, back then that's how it was and any body who has played understood it well. We were coached by a former ranges coach, I can't remember his name, I was this close to leaving the shores but my school teachers came.and said that I am too intelligent to play football, lol, that was around 2000, I instantly lost interest in football and faced my studies but I still do remember a lot about it, and you are absolutely correct, we played the 4-4-2 formation. I said it before that we think alike, you get my point almost all the time and I get yours too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Even if some of us disagree with your points, we still learn from them. So keep them coming. Take care.

these their incessant arguments really really chased me off a bit. for a week now we have been on it, while we should be considering other things like what sort of formation we should be playing. I.joined this thread because I heard one coach or was it an academy coach? he said that he was in a thread on fan forum site which I later decided was nairaland and that he saw that coaches can learn a lot from such forums. he said he got a formation here which he normally overlooks but that he tried it and it worked better than his own preferred formation. that was why I joined. to discuss football. not to argue about who is better for a whole year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

sadly football has changed a lot sha, back then that's how it was and any body who has played understood it well. We were coached by a former ranges coach, I can't remember his name, I was this close to leaving the shores but my school teachers came.and said that I am too intelligent to play football, lol, that was around 2000, I instantly lost interest in football and faced my studies but I still do remember a lot about it, and you are absolutely correct, we played the 4-4-2 formation. I said it before that we think alike, you get my point almost all the time and I get yours too

That coach is a brilliant mind and I marvel at his understanding of the game. Sad you did not play but as a bright person, there are still numerous ways to make impact and money.

Sad we do not build our coaches enough.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That coach is a brilliant mind and I marvel at his understanding of the game. Sad you did not play but as a bright person, there are still numerous ways to make impact and money.

Sad we do not build our coaches enough.

if we have sound coaching courses in Nigeria I would have attended one. meanwhile you really so impress me a lot, so you also know the centre circle rule? that means you really have met a lot of.coaches, why don't you apply for a part time football analysis job? I know that you will at least be better than these guys that NTA invite to their studios by a mile

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

these their incessant arguments really really chased me off a bit. for a week now we have been on it, while we should be considering other things like what sort of formation we should be playing. I.joined this thread because I heard one coach or was it an academy coach? he said that he was in a thread on fan forum site which I later decided was nairaland and that he saw that coaches can learn a lot from such forums. he said he got a formation here which he normally overlooks but that he tried it and it worked better than his own preferred formation. that was why I joined. to discuss football. not to argue about who is better for a whole year

Before, it was all tactics, formation and Support of all players. Then, it changed recently. I hope we go back. This was a thread for learning and sharing ideas. I think we lost our balance but it will come back.

With time, we get to understand each other and learn from it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
enomakos:
you means he can play both left and right back?

Yes, he can and even as a rw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mickael2:

if we have sound coaching courses in Nigeria I would have attended one. meanwhile you really so impress me a lot, so you also know the centre circle rule? that means you really have met a lot of.coaches, why don't you apply for a part time football analysis job? I know that you will at least be better than these guys that NTA invite to their studios by a mile

At the moment, I am tied down. I have it in mind. I blew a big opportunity when I lived in the same compound with Coach Monday Sinclair. That is the former Super Eagles and Sharks coach. He was there to teach but School took a lot of my time.

Amodu Shuaibu ran a coaching school at Abuja. I heard it was all possessive attacking football. He carries academy players to the field to teach his students drills. He used videos, slides and consults with Sinclair.

I will enquire from the coach who is running the coaching school now and let you know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Oasis007:

I rarely comment or engage in any discourse on this Thread, even though I am big Fan of it. grin

This Platform has indeed helped to enlighten Monikers like mine..... the importance of believing in the National Teams, especially the Super Eagles. grin

This Thread, has economically, helped me to cut my daily expenses - because I am no longer buying Complete Football or Soccer Newspapers purposely to read News on Nigerian Players as well as the National Teams. grin

I was disappointed to read jibes and allegations flowing up and down. And more disappointed that, some fellows ain't helping the Tense to calm, rather fanning the Flame. grin

I do not meant to offend anyone, cos there is nothing to gain from it. But only disappointed that Supernerd could quote Parts of comment (Quota System) and acknowledged my Moniker as Someone. grin

I have nothing to gain from siding anyone, however if Supernerd thinks I've been partial, and leaning to a particular side with my earlier post(s), I am very sorry! Seeking for Forgiveness from a Person you offend isn't a bad thing.! Hope Supernerd would forgive and forget, and cease throwing more jibes at my Moniker directly or indirectly?! grin
You must be a very funny one. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

At the moment, I am tied down. I have it in mind. I blew a big opportunity when I lived in the same compound with Coach Monday Sinclair. That is the former Super Eagles and Sharks coach. He was there to teach but School took a lot of my time.

Amodu Shuaibu ran a coaching school at Abuja. I heard it was all possessive attacking football. He carries academy players to the team to teach drills. He used videos, slides and consults with Sinclair.

I will enquire from the coach who is running the coaching school and let you know.

that would be wonderful. although you know Nigeria, if the owner does. the business does with or but I would be happy if you could put me through. I don't mind going to Abuja every weekend for that.
I wish I could tie down a coach like that!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2016
enomakos:
are you a chelsea fan?

My blood is truly red but Chelsea is the color. grin

I don't know if I will continue after the departure of Mikel. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), bennie1980(m), yemyke001(m), Marjoribanks, jieta, gamaliel9, Mujtahida, AndSunGorilla, lelion and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.