Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700146 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:30am On Oct 22, 2016
I DID MENTION MIKEL AMONG ROHR'S FEW UNTOUCHABLES RIGHT NOW.... smiley

Rohr Explains Why Mikel Will Keep On
Playing For Nigeria Despite Lack Of Game
Time At Chelsea

Head coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says captain of the Nigeria senior national team John Mikel Obi will keep on playing for Nigeria, despite his limited playing time for
Chelsea.

Mikel is yet to play a competitive game for
Chelsea under new manager Antonio Conte, but
in that same period of time. The 29 year old has
played twice for Nigeria.

He even refuted Conte’s claims that injury is why he isn’t playing for Chelsea, and went a step further by starring for Nigeria in their 2-1 win over Zambia in the World Cup 2018 qualifiers game.

However Rohr who warned players of the team to sort out their club forms or forget playing for
Nigeria, backtracked on his captain insisting he is an exception to his rule on club form.

” Mikel brings a lot of to the team. We have a very young team. He motivates them on the pitch, his work ethics is an inspiration to the young players in the team. Such players can’t be left out of a national team” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” As long he isn’t injured and trains regularly, am okay. For now he is one of the most important player in our team”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/21/rohr-explains-why-mikel-will-keep-on-playing-for-nigeria-despite-lack-of-game-time-at-chelsea/

Cc Sir TheGoodJoe: Sir, no be wetin we dey hammer since be this? smiley

Cc Sir Mickael2: Oga mii... This, above, is why you were "banned and sent to the other room"... grin Hope Rohr don allay your fears now.... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:34am On Oct 22, 2016
HEIR TO MIKEL'S THRONE RISING STEADILY... smiley

Super-Sub Arsenal Loanee Nwakali Inspires
Loan Side To Victory In Holland

On loan Arsenal midfielder Kelechi Nwakali came off the bench to help his loan side MVV Maastricht pick up a hard fought 2-1 win away to Jong FC Utrecht, despite playing with 10 men towards the end of the second division league game.

The highly rated 18 year old, who joined Arsenal in the summer is on a season long loan deal to the Dutch second division side, as part of the Gunners plans for his development.

However, since joining the Dutch side, he has
been restricted to making cameo appearances as he settles down to life as a professional footballer, after his heroics at the last U-17 WYC where he led Nigeria to glory, and got voted as the Most Valuable player of the tournament.

He made his impact felt the most, this time
around coming on earlier than in previous games, as he replaced Ricardo Ippel in the 66th minute with scores at 1-0 in favour of his team.

Nwakali started the move that lead to Patrick
Nkoyi increasing the lead for Maastricht to 2-0,
before slotting into a more defensive role after
Steven Pereira was sent off with four minutes left to play.

Dani van der Moot pulled a goal back for the
home side on the dot of regulation time but
Nwakali and the rest of his teammates hanged on to pick all three points.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/21/super-sub-arsenal-loanee-nwakali-inspires-loan-side-to-victory-in-holland/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:40am On Oct 22, 2016
Someone (can't recall who) on this thread already cited this but I wanna do so in full... smiley

Liverpool Legend Praises Iwobi – “He Has
Traits Hard To Find In English Kids”

The rise of Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi at Arsenal in the last six months has won him praise from all quarters, with Liverpool legendary midfielder Dietmar Hamann, the latest to join the list.

Iwobi has made himself a mainstay in the Arsenal line up at the age of just 20, a feat which is more remarkable following the dearth of players in England progressing from the youth ranks of teams to the main team.

Hamann largely respected by fans of Liverpool,
where he spent 8 years and played a pivotal role
in their comeback UEFA Champions League win
over AC Milan in 2005, praised Iwobi in a TV
programme monitored by Owngoalnigeria.com.

” People don’t really know what he adds to the
team of Arsenal, he is very calm, comfortable on
the ball and plays without fear despite his young
age. He has traits hard to find in English kids” He said during his preview of this weekend game between Arsenal and Middlesbrough in a Premier League TV show called Match Pack.

” He is very hard to keep out, he is quick when he wants to, and can play others in as well. One of the player opponent need keep an eye on in
games against Arsenal is him”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/21/liverpool-legend-praises-iwobi-he-has-traits-hard-to-find-in-english-kids/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2016
I read that Nedum Onuoha is interested in Nigeria (even though he does concede that the chances of a call-up might be over). He said he was only invited once (we know how that ended).. He talks about watching the boys at the Olympics.

My man was holding out for that England invitation that never came..

Given our RB issues, should Nedum be called? He is playing regularly and he is very experienced..

What says the house?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2016
tbaba1234:
I read that Nedum Onuoha is interested in Nigeria (even though he does concede that the chances of a call-up might be over). He said he was only invited once (we know how that ended).. He talks about watching the boys at the Olympics.

Given our RB issues, should Nedum be called? He is playing regularly and he is very experienced..

What says the house?

If we can give Olushola Ameobi another chance why not Nedum?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:47am On Oct 22, 2016
I read every comments on the last 4-5 pages that i was not part of. Some I laughed out loud and some i shook my head. Drama all the way.

I remember my last post was trying to seperate the then pending war between TheSuperNerd and Forgiveness. But well..... undecided

No matter what we are all still friends. Each of us had been on different sides of an argument on several occassions. Infact some of us have never agreed on one issue. But that doesn't make us
enemies.

This is even a very friendly thread. Those of us that were part of KickoffNigeria and Kickoffghana would attest to that. Where other nationals would be calling u names like "drug lords", "evil doers", "super chickens", "most hated people in the world". Forgiveness and other guys here would attest to this. angry . God forbid that we lost a game to Ghana or South Africa then grin. O my God.

Anyways, our major goal here is to contribute our quota for the benefit of our national teams. Solanke, Iheanacho, Iwobi, Success are all our boys. We dnt need to bring one down just to praise the other. I am of the opinion that Solanke should be invited and be groomed with our other young players. This will bring in more competition in the team. Our opponents will pee in their paints when they see our line ups.

I have said it here before that most of u guys dnt know how far our comments here and suggestions go. I once told u that the chief Press officer of one of our recent youth teams in 2015 was frequenting this thread. He is a person i know from childhood. He told me.
I also suspect one of our current SE coaches. wink I dnt know which bt it seems of recent some1 has been "listening".

Note that the arguments are good bt when it assumes ethnic dimensions it becomes smelly.
We are all one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 22, 2016
forgiveness:

Sorry, Solanke is already back and he is in the first team. Sorry..
well all he can do is perform very well in training and be given fwe minutes a sub like ola aina was givn during dat leciester game

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58am On Oct 22, 2016
tbaba1234:

What says the house?

Might as well give Hype a chance.

On a serious note, if Nedum wants to play for his fatherland and he is qualified for it, we give him the chance.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 7:23am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Looollll... Actually, He is... smiley

I hope this isn't another one Forgiveness will tell me to prove with "facts and stats" or call "a fat lie" wink

It is very annoying to see someone shouting ''facts and stats'' up and down only just to intimidate people while the same people start becoming biased to the same facts and stats he so claim to honour, especially when they do not favour his position.

Page after page you see him exhibiting this same unusual behaviour.

All I know is that your favourite players must not always be in the national team. All Nigerian foreign born footballers must not play for us. The NFF and the Coaches will always decide.

Whether their decision favour us or not should not become a topic of discussion to spew trash here all the times.

Sir forgivess makes it look as if some members of the forum are responsible for the absence of his more prefered choices.

There is no page you will not see him doing the same thing.

Why must we continue wasting so much energy to explain basic things to people all the time, thereby ignoring the most important things that bind us here?

If you know any player that is doing well, bring him to the notice of the members of the threads concerned. Trying hard to make us look dark just to promote a player is dam bad.

What notion are you trying to plant or promote in the minds of majority of people who follow our sense of discuss both home and abroad. What about those yet unborn, who may one day stumble over such writeups?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:36am On Oct 22, 2016
forgiveness:

How many opted to play and gets invitation.

Iwobi is lucky his uncle is part or was once part of NFF.

If he opts no guarantee except he knows Oga at the top.

Therefore, no player will reck his career for what he knows could destroy him. Look at Otigba, the poor boy missed Europe because of his love for his country but we never here anything about him until now.

Ask yourself if it worth it?

How many matches did Nathan Chalobah played this season?

Otigba as a case study huh?? u wanna claim ignorant of the fact that FIFA is yet to clear him? Or did u ever read that NFF is delaying his clearance?

Okocha brought Iwobi to the SE? So who brought Moses, Ekong, Ikeme, Balogun and even Hope Akpan, Vic Anichebe and big for nothing Sola Ameobi ? May be okoji did right? Or they probably bought their ways in? This is ridiculous to say the least. All those mentioned players Otigba inclusive, to u, have wrecked their careers right?

I must tell u, am disappointed sir. Goodmorning anyways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2016
Odubajo is out for six months yet again. Ebuehi is a young super potential like Musa Mohammed (who isn't seeing gametime at club level).

It won't be so bad to call him (Nedum) up as he is vastly experienced but then what message do we send out to the others? **hold out for England for as long as you want, then when you're 30 or so, with no England call-up, turn to Nigeria??** #FoodForThought

Well, as Oga Experience, Sir Icon4s pointed out, "If we can give Shola Ameobi a chance (after doing similar thing), why not give Nedum a chance also?"

tbaba1234:

What says the house?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2016
Sir Justiz5, Good morning.

Honestly, I understand your disappointment.

Sir Forgiveness have been making a particular statement for a while now since the U-23 thread ABOUT EXPOSING CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO SPEAK WITH BIAS. smiley

I have ignored those words for a while but now I ask... Who are these people? grin

He says he came online to "show the way" and "heal the broken-hearted" and "set the records straight with the anointing power of facts and stats" grin **just sounding philosophical but HE DOES SEE HIMSELF AS A CRUSADER ON OUR THREADS.... So who is the crusade against?**

There are reasons why I associate him with the name "Troll" because it's clear he came on NL sports to launch a crusade. HE'S ALWAYS SAID, "I WAS SICK OF THE BIAS SO I REGISTERED ON NL AND CAME ONLINE AND ONE BY ONE I WILL EXPOSE THEM ALL" *smh*

Facts and Stats indeed..... sad If only Man knew the depths of wisdom as regards "shouting stats and facts".....

Whoever kills with the sword shall be brought down by the sword too one day..... So whoever uses "facts and stats" as a weapon of choice should also know that the same weapon of facts and stats is available to all..... smiley

I rest my case........ BUT, *smiles*... I WON'T STAND BY AND WATCH "AN ELDER" ABUSE HIS "OLD AGE"...... Not ON NL SPORTS... I have to protect the passion and true enthusiasm that is attached to feeling Proud of our OWN. smiley

justiz5:

It is very annoying to see someone shouting ''facts and stats'' up and down only just to intimidate people while the same people start becoming biased to the same facts and stats he so claim to honour, especially when they do not favour his position.

Page after page you see him exhibiting this same unusual behaviour.

All I know is that your favourite players must not always be in the national team. All Nigerian foreign born footballers must not play for us. The NFF and the Coaches will always decide.

Whether their decision favour us or not should not become a topic of discussion to spew trash here all the times.

Sir forgivess makes it look as if some members of the forum are responsible for the absence of his more prefered choices.

There is no page you will not see him doing the same thing.

Why must we continue wasting so much energy to explain basic things to people all the time, thereby ignoring the most important things that bind us here?

If you know any player that is doing well, bring him to the notice of the members of the threads concerned. Trying hard to make us look dark just to promote a player is dam bad.

What notion are you trying to plant or promote in the minds of majority of people who follow our sense of discuss both home and abroad. What about those yet unborn, who may one day stumble over such writeups?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Odubajo is out for six months. Ebuehi is a young super potential like Musa Mohammed (who isn't seeing gametime at club level).

It won't be so bad to call him up as he is vastly experienced but then what message do we send out to the others? **hold out for England for as long as you want, then when you're 30 or so, with no England call-up, turn to Nigeria??** #FoodForThought

Well, as Oga Experience, Sir Icon4s pointed out, "If we can Shola Ameobi a chance (after doing similar thing), why not give Nedum a chance also?"

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bleep Nedum and his sudden romance and love for our national team. Bleep Sola Ameobi too for playing with our intelligence and making us look like fools. Some sins are unforgivable, this is one of them. No matter the dearth of RB in d SE now and how dire we need a proven RB, I would rather use a makeshift or call up young Tyronne and Ebuehi than turn to that sell out from Nkpa abi Ovim called Nedum. Bleep him and his SE dream. He sees us as mediocre he can take for a ride since his English quest has fallen through. We shouldn't belittle our SE biko.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2016
ChrisKels:

Otigba as a case study huh?? u wanna claim ignorant of the fact that FIFA is yet to clear him? Or did u ever read that NFF is delaying his clearance?

Okocha brought Iwobi to the SE? So who brought Moses, Ekong, Ikeme, Balogun and even Hope Akpan, Vic Anichebe and big for nothing Sola Ameobi ? May be okoji did right? Or they probably bought their ways in? This is ridiculous to say the least. All those mentioned players Otigba inclusive, to u, have wrecked their careers right?

I must tell u, am disappointed sir. Goodmorning anyways.

Those where all established players in various clubs before they received call up. Infact some of them were called up after noise from different quarters. grin

Believe me no foreign breed will walk into the Super Eagles the way Iwobi did. He was very lucky.

The clearance that some got quickly is now an issue? grin

Hand work of dey dere. grin

Good morning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2016
Thank you so much Sir Chriskels.... smiley

This is why I ask, "What message do we send out?" Ignoring Nigeria and waiting on England for so long only to now Show sudden love for Nigeria because The England call never came??

Everyone here may think "saying no" to his invitation means we don't stand with the foreign-borns. *laughs*

BUT I SAY A HUGE "NO" TO NEDUM ONUOHA. THE SUPER EAGLES IS NO DUMPING GROUND FOR ENGLAND REJECTS. WE REFUSE TO BECOME SUCH....

This is my own stand. smiley

Honestly, I feel we made a mistake calling up Shola ameobi after he did exactly what Nedum is trying to do.

THIS IS A SPORTS FORUM AND WE MUST SAY IT AS IT IS....... Maybe una dey look Forgiveness..... Looolllllll

Abegiiii ignore that Troll.... The Super Eagles is a super brand. An England reject, no matter how experienced, is not "truly" welcome in my books. WE NEED TO SEND OUT THE CORRECT MESSAGE.

ChrisKels:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bleep Nedum and his sudden romance and love for our national team. Bleep Sola Ameobi too for playing with our intelligence and making us look like fools. Some sins are unforgivable, this is one of them. No matter the dearth of RB in d SE now and how dire we need a proven RB, I would rather use a makeshift or call up young Tyronne and Ebuehi than turn to that sell out from Nkpa abi Ovim called Nedum. Bleep him and his SE dream. He sees us as mediocre he can't take on a ride since his English quest has fallen through. We shouldn't belittle our SE biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2016
ChrisKels:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Bleep Nedum and his sudden romance and love for our national team. Bleep Sola Ameobi too for playing with our intelligence and making us look like fools. Some sins are unforgivable, this is one of them. No matter the dearth of RB in d SE now and how dire we need a proven RB, I would rather use a makeshift or call up young Tyronne and Ebuehi than turn to that sell out from Nkpa abi Ovim called Nedum. Bleep him and his SE dream. He sees us as mediocre he can take for a ride since his English quest has fallen through. We shouldn't belittle our SE biko.
I concur

what message is he passing 2 our young foreign breeds?

nff should forget him joor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:15am On Oct 22, 2016
forgiveness:

Those where all established players in various clubs before they received call up. Infact some of them were called up after noise from different quarters. grin

Believe me no foreign breed will walk into the Super Eagles the way Iwobi did. He was very lucky.

The clearance that some got quickly is now an issue? grin

Hand work of dey dere. grin

Good morning.

Established players? Sorry but none was an established player but if u insist they were, then ur Solanke should establish himself before thinking of the SE like other established players as u put it. Or hasn't he established himself? Ur next claim would be that if he establishes himself, he would turn his back on us. Den my answer would be that he never wanted us because other established players who wanted us, waited for their time even after establishing themselves. U can twist facts like hell

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:24am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

This is why I ask, "What message do we send out?" Ignoring Nigeria and waiting on England for so long only to now Show sudden love for Nigeria because The England call never came??

Everyone here may think "saying no" to his invitation means we don't stand with the foreign-borns. *laughs*

BUT I SAY A HUGE "NO" TO NEDUM ONUOHA. THE SUPER EAGLES IS NO DUMPING GROUND FOR ENGLAND REJECTS. WE REFUSE TO BECOME SUCH....

Honestly, I feel we made a mistake calling up Shola ameobi after he did exactly what Nedum is trying to do.

THIS IS A SPORTS FORUM AND WE MUST SAY IT AS IT IS....... Maybe una dey look Forgiveness..... Looolllllll

Abegiiii ignore that Troll.... The Super Eagles is a super brand. An England reject, no matter how experienced, is not "truly" welcome in my books. WE NEED TO SEND OUT THE CORRECT MESSAGE.

If he isn't good enough for England he isn't good enough for Nigeria. Not even when he is old.

I still de regret dat Ameobi's mistake. D man was a waste of space @d last world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:33am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Sola should count himself lucky. That single act brought Keshi to disrepute among most football loving fans and I hated him (keshi) for that. Keshi ridiculed the SE. Chai I can't forget the insult I received from Mensah and ghanaman that year...calling us dumping ground of England rejects Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2016
ChrisKels:

Established players? Sorry but none was an established player but if u insist they were, then ur Solanke should establish himself before thinking of the SE like other established players as u put it. Or hasn't he established himself? Ur next claim would be that if he establishes himself, he would turn his back on us. Den my answer would be that he never wanted us because other established players who wanted us, waited for their time even after establishing themselves. U can twist facts like hell

Are you serious?

Do you mean Victor Moses was not an already established player with Wigan before he received a called up and likewise others? shocked

Hehehehe! This is not a hidden fact, it is glaring for all to see.

I am saying Iwobi's case was different. He was not an established player before he was called. Why?

Since, this development is recent then the old should be done away with. grin

Don't you think so? grin

Don't you think what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:07am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Loolll... And the statements of "One part of the country being picked over another part" nko?? Loollll... You dodgy fellow grin

Even Sophia Omidiji neva complained of corruption but was just sad that she was dropped and the reason for it. Afterwards, she said she still believes she will play for Nigeria coz that's what she wants... And it's her destiny" smiley

ANYWAY.... Whatever takes you thru the night Brova.... smiley

The people reading all these aren't dumb. wink

Have a great night Sir.... Happy #Trolling

@ bolded

Did I say that or your conclusion?

She complained of corruption. Go and read it very very well.

Dodge wetin? I don clear myself but na you dey see wetin you wan see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Hmmm.... Someone didn't like what Amokachi said..... smiley

Ex- Nigeria U-17 Coach Fires Back At ” Sick”
Amokachi- We Collected Bribe To Produce
Iheanacho, Success & Osimhen?

A national youth team coach of Nigeria has
reacted angrily to statements credited to former
Nigeria captain and coach Daniel Amokachi, that
players of the Nigeria U-17 team are made to pay more before they are selected.

Amokachi made the statement, in an interview
three days ago, while speaking on corruption in
Nigeria, in the wake of arrest of alleged corrupt
court judges by the Department of State
Services, (DSS).

“President Buhari is one who doesn’t take
nonsense when it comes to fighting corruption. I
concur with everything he says. “For instance, in Nigerian football today, the youths, when invited to the national team, a coach will ask them to bring N250,000 each to get into the U-17 team when he already has the talent. If a person has talent, he should be allowed to showcase what he has in the interest of the nation.” He said.

However, one of the coaches who have been part of the last two set of Nigeria U-17, tha t have conquered the world, say Amokachi has no basis for making such allegations base on the success of the team and their players.

” He is obviously very sick to make such
comment. I think he is looking for attention or he is envious of the fact that other coaches are
contributing more to Nigeria football than he will
ever do in his lifetime” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” In the last two years our U-17 teams have
conquered the world, producing the likes of
Kelechi Iheanacho, Isacc Success, Taiwo Awoniyi, Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen and more. You can’t produce such highly rated players from a corrupt system. Amokachi is sick to have suggested that.

” The last two coaches of the U-17 Manu Garba
and Emmanuel Amuneke have turned children of poor Nigerians into billionaires, owing to the
success of our U-17 team. Ask Amokachi where
children of poor men will get N250,000 to bribe
coaches”

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/10/22/ex-nigeria-u-17-coach-fires-back-at-sick-amokachi-we-collected-bribe-to-produce-iheanacho-success-osimhen/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:15am On Oct 22, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As for Sophia, sad the coach dropped her but I already explained to you. That is what baffles me about your post. The coach made it clear, he wants strong physical players.

It was Sophia who said, "Like the Black Girls" not the Nigerian coach calling her white.

She is talented. The coach accepted it but he wants to go with a physical squad.

That is not corruption, bigotry or bias.

If it was Amunike, there is a big chance she would make the list because he likes technical players. All coaches are not the same.

How did she know if she was not told?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2016
Hi Sir Forgiveness.... smiley

Slept well I trust? grin

Hope the #Trolling ministry is doing good... wink

@bolded... Never ask silly questions when you know you've been caught red-handed. Those words are yours in central context. smiley

I got nothing more to say to you.... You're a hell of a dodgy fellow. wink

Too much talk isn't nice... smiley

forgiveness:

@ bolded

Did I say that or your conclusion?

She complained of corruption. Go and read it very very well.

Dodge wetin? I don't clear myself but na you dey see wetin you wan see.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hi Sir Forgiveness.... smiley

Slept well I trust? grin

Hope the #Trolling ministry is doing good... wink

@bolded... Never ask silly questions when you know you've been caught red-handed. Those words are yours in central context. smiley

I got nothing more to say to you.... You're a hell of a dodgy fellow. wink

Too much talk isn't nice... smiley

I repeat, who said that?

Hope you did't dream of one angel called 'forgiveness'? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Listen up Junior.... smiley

Your childishness has reached a point of possibly no return. It has crossed the rubicorn.

Now, Whose words are these? :

So, because one part of Nigeria is
physically built, the other part doesn't
deserve a place in the National team?

Now tell me they don't correlate to: "One part of the country being picked over another
part"

TELL ME THEY AREN'T THE SAME TROLL.....

Let me know which other feather to add to your cap of "Big fat liar" and your shameless comments..... grin

Really wanna know if your comprehension issues are chronic or just "come and go".... smiley

forgiveness:

I repeat, who said that?

Hope you did't dream of one angel called 'forgiveness'? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2016
forgiveness:

Are you serious?

Do you mean Victor Moses was not an already established player with Wigan before he received a called up and likewise others? shocked

Hehehehe! This is not a hidden fact, it is glaring for all to see.

I am saying Iwobi's case was different. He was not an established player before he was called. Why?

Since, this development is recent then the old should be done away with. grin

Don't you think so? grin

Don't you think what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Na to just ignore u before u go spoil my day.

Please somebody should give me updates on Musa Yahaya. Is he poised to make his debut yet, since he has been promoted to the first team. Am eagerly waiting for such news bikonu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2016
tbaba1234:

What says the house?
God forbid! My television set will be going through the window if I ever see Nedum wear the green white green

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Not as funny as You and Supernerd! grin
You better repent now, and stop trolling! LOL!

You ought to be admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of a reputable, well equipped Hospital with the amount of severe blows your Moniker has received so far from different angles and corners. grin

On a serious Note; I suggest you adjust your style of analyzing the National Teams, scouting and recommending Players, simply by considering the glory of the National Team(s) first. grin

We can't have all Players at once in the Camp, also we can't be rotating the Players in every Match! I am expecting Rohr to have built his own Team before 31st of December, 2016.

We should be having a formidable first Eleven before the Date! We do not need to be testing Players here and there! In my assessment so far..... I think Ikeme is presently the No. 1 Goalkeeper. Leon Balogun and Ekong also have secured their Position in the Team.

Onazi and Mikel pivot would be inseparable at the moment, because they are getting to understand each other better.

Iwobi, Iheanacho and Moses (I prefer Simon) should be stamped as the front 3 behind the Striker - in a 4-2-3-1 Formation.

Finally, the Technical Adviser can play a false 9, and the best candidate among the present Eagles is Iheanacho. If however Rohr decides to play Iheanacho as false 9, then it will be better to play Iwobi in the Hole and flanked him with the duo Moses.

But if he decides to play a natural (typical) 9, then Ighalo should lead the line. He's good at holding the Ball, he gets pace, can dribble also, thus definitely he's gonna a thorn in the flesh of many Defenders.

The Positions that need to be fixed up are the 2 and 3 - The Fullbacks. I suggest Rohr shouldn't try out Wilfred Ndidi in the Position again. If he doesn't trust Musa Muhammad, I think he should play Shehu or Omeruo there, but I prefer Shehu because he did play it well at the Olympics.

Echiejile is losing it. He's no longer a reliable Fullback. We need to fix up the Position asap too!

I am heart broken because you mistakenly mistook me 'a troll'. cry

Really, I don't think we all agree on one thing because we are different but we can foster understanding after a long interactions.

Before I recommend a player, I have always tried as much as possible to monitor his progress and ascertain that he is good enough for the National team.

I don't just call names.

You will be shocked that I was one the first person that hammered on playing regularly for your team before getting invitation into the Nigerian national team but if you see the way some people here went about it, you go fear.

Apparently, it didn't favor some of their choice players hence the attack.

One of them even claimed an established player in Portuguese, Spanish and French league is inferior to a bench warmer in Belgium Pro league.

Another claimed that it is better for a player to be a bench warmer in a big Club as long as he trains with the best in the world. What an irony. grin

The truth is, I am using their words and philosophy against them but I am surprised how they became furious to what they invented. grin

I only pretended to repent from my philosophy to theirs but instead of commendation I am receiving condemnation. grin

I believe in giving players to prove themselves afterall we have failed to qualify twice for the AFCON with some of these lots.

False 9 no go work and I think Iheanacho should be used as second striker.

We need full backs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2016
ChrisKels:

Please somebody should give me updates on Musa Yahaya. Is he poised to make his debut yet, since he has been promoted to the first team. Am eagerly waiting for such news bikonu.
Better. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08am On Oct 22, 2016
Last I checked.... Musa Yahaya was indeed promoted to train with the first team during the international break in september but he's still with Porto B sub-majorly as he just joined in the recent summer window.

There are news feelers of his possible debut for the first team soon in the cup competitions perhaps but it's not certain.

He's been doing good for the team (Porto B) and even scored in their 2-1 pre-season win over moirenense (I think?) before the season began.

So summarily, he switches between training with Porto's first team and then training with Porto B. His rise at porto was so meteoric that he started training with the first team 3months after he arrived without playing an official game for porto B before the sept. International break.

Specific Info on Yahaya is not so easy to come by but will always try to keep tabs on him as with many others. smiley

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Listen up Junior.... smiley

Your childishness has reached a point of possibly no return. It has crossed the rubicorn.

Now, Whose words are these? :

Now tell me they don't correlate to: "One part of the country being picked over another
part"

TELL ME THEY AREN'T THE SAME TROLL.....

Let me know which other feather to add to your cap of "Big fat liar" and your shameless comments..... grin

Really wanna know if your comprehension issues are chronic or just "come and go".... smiley

Humm! It seems you can not differentiate a statement from a question.

It is glaring yours is a statement while my is question to someone who said a coach was right to have demanded for physical players over technical players.

Tell me how that your statement correlates with my question?

In fact, I have already thrashed it and I think you can comprehend. If not go back and read it until you understand even if it will take you half a century. grin

Sorry, I am done with you.

You need a strong mind if you want to succeed or retain success. Cheers,!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rocki01 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.