Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (843) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11595037 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
komekn:

Considering Ademola went from League 1 to premiership without winning a MOTM.

Dele Alli went from League one into EPL and England team within a year.

Why do we have wait for him to get to the EPL first?

These are young players that have the propensities to grow and develop.

What did Aluko achieve for all his years in the EPL?
We talk as if we did not see him play for Hull City a couple of seasons ago.

I am not against his recall but my point is I do not see anything special in him cos he is not gonna do better than the players we have presently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Let's discuss this again when Aluko comes back to the premier league.
I love ur response, wait till Aluko is back to premier league, cos am beginning to wonder if its nt thesame Aluko we saw in EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
zicky:
I love ur response, wait till Aluko is back to premier league, cos am beginning to wonder if its nt thesame Aluko we saw in EPL.

I just tire. He was not even a starter at Hull City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
kennysville:

I aint got nothing to prove. Inside of u, u know the truth. And time will tell with regards to almighty guardiola and how Nacho eventually becomes a better player. We will be here when u start to sing your tunes differently. I am kinda amazed at how you water down facts especially when you start to sound contradictory

You have nothing to prove. So why do you keep on ranting. Now you are writing water down facts. Can you tell me the facts I watered?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
kennysville:

Off ball development? Really? Like seriously? Of all things to grow in, off ball movements? Wat happened to possession? Skill on the ball? Shooting Accuracy? U are here talking of off ball movement. I am sorry but that is rather ludicrous
Baba take am easy...

The question was 'In what area has nacho improved since pep's arrival?' what you see up there are the only visible improvement I've seen. You can come up with yours.

shooting accuracy, techniques are natural to Iheanacho(everybody knows that even pep himself testifies to that). But skill on the ball, comes with game time which he is lacking in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

I just tire. He was not even a starter at Hull City.

Aluko was not starting at Hull because of a myopic analog Steve Bruce. It has nothing to do with his talent. I was one of those who called for Aluko's inclusion in the National team because I never doubted his talent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
edi287:

As a 9, off the ball movements is really important. You can't rule that out.
you're right man. He is more of a goalpoacher than the normal attacking player we know him to be.

So off ball movement, positioning and awareness in the box are what is required of such players and that's what pep's drill has been all about...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Celtic target Henry Onyekuru in further demand as Bournemouth now join race for Nigerian starlet

Eupen frontman scores again as scouts from The Cherries, Liverpool and Southampton take in weekend Europa League play-off draw against Kortrijk.

Celtic face competition in race for Henry Onyekuru's signature (Photo: Belga/PA Images)

Celtic now face a real battle from the English Premier League to secure the signature of KAS Eupen striker Henry Onyekuru.

The highly-coveted 19-year-old was watched by scouts from EPL trio Liverpool , Southampton and Bournemouth during the weekend Europa League play-off match against KV Kortrijk.

Onyekuru bagged his fifth goal in his last four games in the 3-3 draw, to take his season tally to 17 goals in 32 appearances, as the race hots up for the Nigerian.

The Hoops made a bid for the Eupen starlet in January and it's believed he was keen on a move to the Premiership champions, but his club refused to sell, prompting Onyekuru to go AWOL for a few days.

The player recently confirmed he would be leaving the Jupiler League side at the end of the Belgian season and revealed he would announce where he will be plying his trade next, saying: "After the play-off, I will announce my decision.

"I have made my decision to leave. I have already agreed with Eupen that I am joining my new club after this season.

"I want to take the next step and play abroad. My ultimate aim is to one day play in the Premier League .

"There have been many enquiries for me. From clubs in Scotland, England and Germany.

"I am in negotiations right now with clubs.

"I believe I have had my best season, but I want to leave Eupen on a high and I would love to get as far up the table as possible before I leave.

"But it's really been my first season in a major league and I know I still have a lot to learn."

Fellow Belgian side Club Brugge, Borussia Monchengladbach and CSKA Moscow have also been linked with moves for the £6million-rated striker.

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-target-henry-onyekuru-further-10286260

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Aluko was not starting at Hull because of a myopic analog Steve Bruce. It has nothing to do with his talent. I was one of those who called for Aluko's inclusion in the National team because I never doubted his talent.

I guess you know how to manage a team better than Steve Bruce.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Celtic target Henry Onyekuru in further demand as Bournemouth now join race for Nigerian starlet

Celtic now face a real battle from the English Premier League to secure the signature of KAS Eupen striker Henry Onyekuru.

The highly-coveted 19-year-old was watched by scouts from EPL trio Liverpool , Southampton and Bournemouth during the weekend Europa League play-off match against KV Kortrijk.

Onyekuru bagged his fifth goal in his last four games in the 3-3 draw, to take his season tally to 17 goals in 32 appearances, as the race hots up for the Nigerian.

The Hoops made a bid for the Eupen starlet in January and it's believed he was keen on a move to the Premiership champions, but his club refused to sell, prompting Onyekuru to go AWOL for a few days.

The player recently confirmed he would be leaving the Jupiler League side at the end of the Belgian season and revealed he would announce where he will be plying his trade next, saying: "After the play-off, I will announce my decision.

"I have made my decision to leave. I have already agreed with Eupen that I am joining my new club after this season.

"I want to take the next step and play abroad. My ultimate aim is to one day play in the Premier League .

"There have been many enquiries for me. From clubs in Scotland, England and Germany.

"I believe I have had my best season, but I want to leave Eupen on a high and I would love to get as far up the table as possible before I leave.

"But it's really been my first season in a major league and I know I still have a lot to learn."

Fellow Belgian side Club Brugge, Borussia Monchengladbach and CSKA Moscow have also been linked with moves for the £6million-rated striker.

Source: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-target-henry-onyekuru-further-10286260

Even Bournemouth is better of than that Celtic IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

abeg make this season finish, make we see who go buy this boy for next season

After all this noise now, nobody go gree release the £6 million, na so e go remain fir Eupen next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
He should go to Hoffenheim

TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
i want le prof to depart, but he just spoke the truth about pep and man city on goal.com in an interview.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

These are young players that have the propensities to grow and develop.

What did Aluko achieve for all his years in the EPL?
We talk as if we did not see him play for Hull City a couple of seasons ago.

I am not against his recall but my point is I do not see anything special in him cos he is not gonna do better than the players we have presently.

When you are a technically gifted player, your attributes can be applied for competitive advantage in a good team. However, if you are technically gifted and you are playing in a kick and rush, hard endeavour, carpenter football team, you really cannot do much. That's why quite a few EPL teams struggle against lower league teams. I remember Liverpool getting bullied last year against AFC Wimbledon, all the pretty £20 million + players couldn't cope.

In the same vein imagine you put Mata in one of these lower league teams that play Air-Force kick and rush football teams, he will be lost and anonymous.

Aluko is playing in a team that is the best footballing side in the championship as opposed to a struggling Hull, its obvious you haven't watched him recently. I actually rate Fulhams academy as one of the best in the UK and i mean top 3 which reflects the technical qualities in the team.

Finally ,tell me 3 players who are better than him please in the positions that he can play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! But Ajagun was on the team of the week last week na and Dominic Solanke will be going to a big Club next season, na. grin

Anyway, I just want talk my own and that's all. grin

Thanks oga
Ajagun will have to put up such mind blowing displays on a consistent basis to attack the Coaching crew.

Dominic will need to make the move to a competitive level and prove to be prolific consistently. If he does that he might break into the super Eagles earlier than anticipated.

My eyes are now fixed on Fred Friday. He needs to marry consistency too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by binhozie(m): 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Aluko will be a welcome addition to the super eagles he is skilful and versatile and a very calm player most of our wingers are right footed and rush rush players, even all the Ams are right footed, he is above average in freekicks, he has a great eye for the final pass something only mikel and iwobi have, plus Nigeria needs to build a pool of 28 to 29 first team players, who are rotated because we have been a bit lucky with injuries if they hit you and your replacement isn't used to to team setup it might hurt you. The person that shouldn't come back is Enyeama as he smells of Peter Rufai 2.0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
binhozie:
Aluko will be a welcome addition to the super eagles he is skilful and versatile and a very calm player most of our wingers are right footed and rush rush players, even all the Ams are right footed, he is above average in freekicks, he has a great eye for the final pass something only mikel and iwobi have, plus Nigeria needs to build a pool of 28 to 29 first team players, who are rotated because we have been a bit lucky with injuries if they hit you and your replacement isn't used to to team setup it might hurt you. The person that shouldn't come back is Enyeama as he smells of Peter Rufai 2.0

I agree with you.

However, ENYEAMA NO, NO capital NO.

Enyeama was rated among the top 5 goalkeepers in the world last year, he is even now the best goal keeper in Africa. Back home to Nigeria he is so far ahead of everybody else, its a No contest.

Finally the way he was treated we should be giving him an UNRESERVED APOLOGY and a national honour for the shocking denigration and abuse he received under Sunday.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
By the time this season and the next ends trophyless for Man city, una eyes go clear well well. We will be here waiting. All the drills must translate to something O! Else.......?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Bia Senior Sir Terry..... Which kain play be this one naa?? You no know say na next African Best be that?? angry And we get Afcon And World Cup qualifiers coming up soon... you wan give am long term injury?? bia Egbon Terry Take ya time oooo.. . Forgiveness warn your captain oooo.... angry Abi him dey find who he go give freak injury before him finally commit?? undecided

Yara Yara.... plsss go and meet Abrahimovich to sanction this guy's immediate departure biko... he must not wait till the summer... e be like say him want his last days at Chelsea Cobhams training ground to be marked by Victor Moses freak injury....
Kolewerk!!!!! angry

....................................................................................................

Chelsea Dazzler Victor Moses Suffers Injury Scare At Training Session

Super Eagles star Victor Moses appeared to have suffered some discomfort in one of the latest training sessions held at Premier League pacesetters Chelsea.

The Blues captain John Terry has posted on Instagram, showing Moses as he fell awkwardly on the pitch after the central defender forcefully threw the ball at him during a training drill.

The Nigerian rolled around in pain before he was attended to by John Terry and two other unidentified staff.

Terry saw the funny side of things, posting on social media :
''Sorry Victor@chelseafc️ Have a look at @mbatshuayi @kurtzouma @cescf4bregas and the the managers reaction ''.

Moses assisted Chelsea qualify for the showpiece game in the Emirates FA Cup, going the distance in their 4-2 win against Tottenham Hotspur and winning a penalty converted by Willian in the first half.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22821
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
Enyeama have been Africa's no.1 Goalie for the better part of more than a decade.... He is the undisputed best and god of African goalies today and have been so for the better parr of the last 10 years plus.....

Just wanted to stress this because your statement saying, "He is even now the best Goalie in Africa" makes it sound like he Has not been the best.... Enyeama has ruled and dominated for years.... He is the Thomas Nkono, Antoine Bell and Rufai of today all rolled into one... and more than that he is Enyeama wink

Even Carlos Kameni walks in Enyeama's Shadows....

smiley

#Legend

komekn:

I agree with you.

However, ENYEAMA NO, NO capital NO.

Enyeama was rated among the top 5 goalkeepers in the world last year, he is even now the best goal keeper in Africa. Back home to Nigeria he is so far ahead of everybody else, its a No contest.

Finally the way he was treated we should be giving him an UNRESERVED APOLOGY and a national honour for the shocking denigration and abuse he received under Sunday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Enyeama was called El-phenomenon by Messi himself and also by the great Maradona.... messi knows how to beat Goalies with ease but in Enyeama he met a special kind of Goalie even though he eventually got two past him.... wink

......................................................................................................

Nigerian GK Enyeama Says He Outshone Barcelona Star Messi At World Cup

Former Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama has revealed that he played better than Messi at the World Cup.

In the last two editions of the number one football event on Fifa's football calendar, the Super Eagles lost to Argentina, albeit narrowly, with the Lille goalkeeper in between the pipes.

Enyeama's best performance against the South American powerhouse was at Ellis Park Stadium, Johannesburg on June 12, 2010, when he prevented Messi from scoring on numerous occasions and picked up the Man of the Match award in the process.

Reacting after Messi inspired Barcelona to a 3-2 win against Real Madrid on Sunday, Enyeama tweeted : ''I am not sure that he is human.because he is so fast,precise and so good.Messi be bossing el Classico''

A Twitter user Olukayode Layade replied Enyeama, ''@vinpee ...and he bossed you at the World Cup too. Na joke oo .''

He fired back : ''@rocakay I bossed him bro.I was called el phenomenon by him and el Diego. Not sure that you were born''.

**said it with three ntoorrrr Smileys** loolll

Enyeama has posted eight shutouts in the current season and did not feature in last weekend's clash against Guingamp due to a knee injury.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : fcbarcelona.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22823

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
Victor Moses Makes BBC Team Of The Week For Performance Against Spurs

Super Eagles forward Victor Moses has once again made the team of the week in England following his performance for Chelsea in their 4-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Moses was on from start to finish, and put in a man of the match performance which includes winning the vital penalty that helped Chelsea go into the half time break leading 2-1.

His performances as a wingback under Antonio Conte has made him a regular in the team, after years of been out on loan from the club during the coaching spells of various coaches.

The Nigerian is making the team of the year put together by the BBC for the fourth time this season, a sign of how influential and useful he has become for the title favourite.

BBC’s Team of The Week:

(Goalkeepers)

Eldin Jakupovic (Hull City)

(Defenders)

David Luiz (Chelsea)

*Victor Moses (Chelsea)*

Gabriel Paulista (Arsenal)

Nacho Monreal (Arsenal)

(Midfielders)

Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur)

Willian (Chelsea)

N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)

Kamil Grosicki (Hull City)

(Attacker)

Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/24/victor-moses-makes-bbc-team-of-the-week-for-performance-against-spurs/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3759514/npfl-talking-points-first-half

Guys visit one of my works on the NPFL for this site, the second part is underway, please read through thanks. criticism are welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

I guess you know how to manage a team better than Steve Bruce.

I guess you do not understand what analog coaching is. Steve Bruce will choose a push and shove player over a creative talented player. If a Park Bus coach selects a squad, a total different variety of playing style will make the team compared to a coach who will prefer a team with skill and flair.

I should not have to explain this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
BROWN IDEYE CONGRATULATES OLYMPIACOS AFTER LEAGUE TRIUMPH
By Shina Oludare

The Legends earned praise from their former striker following Sunday’s impressive win to emerge as league champions

Tianjin Teda’s Brown Ideye hailed his old club Olympiacos for winning their 44th league title following their staggering 5-0 thumping of Giannina.

Alberto De La Bella's brace inspired Takis Lemonis’ side to victory at the Karaiskakis Stadium for the record triumph.

Ideye who contributed 13 goals in 20 appearances for the team before joining the Chinese Super League outfit praised the Greek Super League giants.

Congratulations @olympiacos_org Champion of Greece again for the #44 well deserved pic.twitter.com/cY1SJEcCaS
— Brown Ideye (MON) (@OfficialIdeye) April 23, 2017

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/04/24/34896532/brown-ideye-congratulates-olympiacos-after-league-triumph

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
edi287:

He's improved in that aspect, but it's still not that great. He is young and can get better sha.

Nacho has not gotten enough game time to get the right judgment. That is why ridiculing him is funny. As I have said before, we have quality and form.

Iheanacho needs to work hard on the training pitch to raise his level (QUALITY). Then with a run of games, we can judge how much he has developed (FORM). I have said this repeatedly. Judge Nacho when he gets his run of games. For now, he should focus on absorbing the lessons.

The move he made when he dropped deep to spray the ball was brilliant
That is why I want him doing it more. Do things like that five or six times in a game and he gets better reviews.

Most times Nacho comes in, it is in a difficult situation where we are chasing the game. The game is too compact to judge him. That is why the criticism is unfair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Moses Makes BBC Team Of The Week For Performance Against Spurs

Super Eagles forward Victor Moses has once again made the team of the week in England following his performance for Chelsea in their 4-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Moses was on from start to finish, and put in a man of the match performance which includes winning the vital penalty that helped Chelsea go into the half time break leading 2-1.

His performances as a wingback under Antonio Conte has made him a regular in the team, after years of been out on loan from the club during the coaching spells of various coaches.

The Nigerian is making the team of the year put together by the BBC for the fourth time this season, a sign of how influential and useful he has become for the title favourite.

BBC’s Team of The Week:

(Goalkeepers)

Eldin Jakupovic (Hull City)

(Defenders)

David Luiz (Chelsea)

*Victor Moses (Chelsea)*

Gabriel Paulista (Arsenal)

Nacho Monreal (Arsenal)

(Midfielders)

Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur)

Willian (Chelsea)

N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)

Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur)

Kamil Grosicki (Hull City)

(Attacker)

Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace)

**Michael James

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/04/24/victor-moses-makes-bbc-team-of-the-week-for-performance-against-spurs/

Dembele and Yaya Toure were the highlights of last weekend. Amazing performances from both players. Shocking they did not make the list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
Middlesbrough, Sunderland Join Scramble For Chelsea's Nigerian Hitman

Middlesbrough have joined the battle for the signature of Chelsea teenage sensation Tammy Abraham, according to the Daily Mirror.

Boro as well as Sunderland are monitoring developments and waiting to hear from Chelsea over a loan deal for the England U21 international.

Premier League champions Leicester City and Everton are also in the running for the services of the England U21 international, who is spending the whole of this season on loan at Bristol City.

Black Cats boss David Moyes was at Ewood Park a week ago, and watched Abraham net his 22nd Championship goal against Blackburn Rovers.

Tammy Abraham is also attracting interest from Turkish giants Galatasaray.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : bcfc.co.uk

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22825

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
kennysville:

I aint got nothing to prove. Inside of u, u know the truth. And time will tell with regards to almighty guardiola and how Nacho eventually becomes a better player. We will be here when u start to sing your tunes differently. I am kinda amazed at how you water down facts especially when you start to sound contradictory

You are still jumping from tree to tree. Show me where I watered down facts and started sounding contradictory. You are saying things you have no bases for.

No matter what you think, Nacho will improve. From day one, my point is simple. Go to where he will face a tough challenge and work hard to overcome it. This was before Nacho joined City and it is still the same tune I am singing now.

You have advertised that you lack any knowledge of me. I am one who sticks to my beliefs. When people criticised Mikel and called him Slowbi, I was one of the very few who maintained Mikel was quality.

During the massive criticism of Keshi, I was one of the few that believed sacking him was wrong.

When Aluko was on the bench, I repeatedly called for the Super Eagles to expose what a great player he was.

When people called for Oliseh to coach the Super Eagles, I was very vocal against it. Even after his appointment and nicknamed the African Guardiola, I was totally against it.

I can give you several reasons why I do not change my stance carelessly. I am willing to learn and I welcome a convincing reason. Unfortunately, you have no point to back your repeated baseless attacks.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Super Eagles GK Akpeyi Back In Business, Named In Squad For Tuesday's Game

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Super Eagles glovesman Daniel Akpeyi resumed full training with Chippa United on Monday after sitting out last weekend's Cup win over Jomo Cosmos due to a leg injury.

Akpeyi didn't suffer any discomfort as he trained with the first team of the Chilli Boys today.

Based on Chippa United's last workout which just ended, everything indicates that manager Dan Malesela will include the Nigerian in his starting XI for Tuesday's clash against Maritzburg United.

If that is the case, then it will be business as usual as Akpeyi has started and gone the distance in every game played by Chippa United in the ABSA Premiership, except their opener against FS Stars, which he missed because of his involvement with the Dream Team at the Olympics.

The 30-year-old signed a contract extension with Chippa United in February 2017.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22824

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.