Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711135 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Exactly Sir Basco.... they don't just seek him out.... Despite all his efforts, his teammates still don't wanna trust him or treat him like an elite or fine player....

No wonder when Toure spoke about City's attack... he only made mention of Ageuro and Gabby J.... Nacho didnt even come to his mind.

Nacho is not enjoying the confidence of his manager and also of his teammates.... under Pellegrini, this was also a challenge for him until Pelle decided to be playing him more often giving his teammates no choice but to seek him out a bit more....

I am so happy Man City crashed out today. Nonsense!

BascoVanVeli:

They treat him like a ball boy. They never look for him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
I know you and Sir Tbaba1234 are in cloud12..... grin

Somehow... I just knew Arsenal will win despite their disappointing form of late...

And wait ooo .. I think Your guy Ox, won MOTM... smiley Read he was so impressive today.

Iwobi don't worry.... you shall rise again... Arsenal na your home.... you have it in you than Ox and Walcott to be world class someday... wink

Icon4s:

Mbok you can say that again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Why are you so much against The Foreign-borns? Are they not Nigerians too?

Besides Tammy is full-blooded Nigerian from Delta state.... Pinnick knows his dad so well.

Tamuno Oghenetega is his native name.... Tammy is the name gotten from his name Tamuno....

This lad is bound to play for Nigeria. Just wait till after the U-20 WC.... na wa ooo...

If England fight, we fight back.... should we be scared of England?? They have Kane, Vardy, Rooney, And so on.... so we have a huge chance with Tammy.

The Nigerians of foreign up-bringing are still Nigerians.... let us not be so subtly discriminatory abeg.

perfect reply...sir

anyone of us can be in his parents shoes..where we will have to raise up our children in diaspora but that does not make our kids less Nigerians.

It will be a great joy to me to see this guy put on SE green Jersey...
like sir Basco... rightly said he has a bright future we shouldn't give up on him...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2017
hahahahahahaha. pep the driller. with his starting 11 almost worth 800milla and he couldnt do it against an 11worth 350? coyg. i hope caf is watching the holy moses for its footballer of the year? im not seeing any other player right now except injured sadio as rival.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Exactly Sir Basco.... they don't just seek him out.... Despite all his efforts, his teammates still don't wanna trust him or treat him like an elite or fine player....

No wonder when Toure spoke about City's attack... he only made mention of Ageuro and Gabby J.... Nacho didnt even come to his mind.

Nacho is not enjoying the confidence of his manager and also of his teammates.... under Pellegrini, this was also a challenge for him until Pelle decided to be playing him more often giving his teammates no choice but to seek him out a bit more....

of a truth I will want nacho to go work with the young tactical German coach next season

it will bring out the best in him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Icon4s:
I have seen how much Iheanacho has improved on the 'Drilling' ground.

Zero impact. The only time he got into position
his first touch (his major negative) set him back.

I am waiting for the TheGoodJoe to come and give us those his usual analysis oh how Kelechi pressed and moved each and every muscle in the game.
I watched Kelechi from U13 to U17, and he used to have a good first touch. The poor touch was not even present during the 2014 City pre-season. It's a travesty that the wonderful city ground would make a player worse in such an aspect. It's very strange to me, sincerely.

Does anyone think I'm wrong, apart from the only city fan obviously?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
My Brother..... Victor moses will have some interesting contenders oooo... some strong, some just outsiders...

Keita Balde Diao (SS Lazio)- he scored the fastest hattrick in Serie A in 42 years earlier today (in just five or six minutes). And have been doing pretty well for Lazio this season. Plays for Senegal. An outsider.... smiley

Aubameyang (Dortmund)- He is still Africa's top scorer in Europe. Plays for Gabon. A strong contender wink

Sadio Mane (Liverpool)- You have already mentioned him. A strong contender also. wink

Mohammed Salah (AS Roma)- Doing great things in Italy with double figure goals and near to double figure assists....one of the major reasons Roma are still giving Juventus a big run for the scudetto. Plays for Egypt. Another possible contender.

Eric Bailly (Manchester Utd)- Been arguably Africa's most outstanding defender in Europe this season. An outsider for the CAF APOTY Award.

I think that does it for now.... wink

*Modified*

note: Mahrez is reigning APOTY but his stock have fallen this season as a result of Leicester's early season free fall which saw him also turn in several unispiring displays before they picked up the pieces after Ndidi arrived on the scene. He is still a class-act shaa....

daveP:
hahahahahahaha. pep the driller. with his starting 11 almost worth 800milla and he couldnt do it against an 11worth 350? coyg. i hope caf is watching the holy moses for its footballer of the year? im not seeing any other player right now except injured sadio as rival.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Let summer come.... that is all I can say for now.

Humility017:

of a truth I will want nacho to go work with the young tactical German coach next season

it will bring out the best in him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
joseph1013:

I watched Kelechi from U13 to U17, and he used to have a good first touch. The poor touch was not even present during the 2014 City pre-season. It's a travesty that the wonderful city ground would make a player worse in such an aspect. It's very strange to me, sincerely.

No game time is making him deteriorate. He needs a full season of constant football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Im confident cos of that epl title which will play a big role. beside na baba mahrez be the current apoty o. if these contenders have any trophy this season then il concede.@thesupernerd.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
joseph1013:

You are not wrong bro.

I never saw first touch as an issue for Iheanacho until like maybe last year or so.

The thing is I think he concentrates more on getting into position than trapping of the ball. Just like today's game. He was running into position. But If Iheanacho's first touch had not failed him we would probably be singing another by now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
Forgive me joor ... mahrez is the reigning APOTY.... smiley

Lemme correct it now..

I am not saying Victor Moses may not win it oooo .. I want him to win it and he is definitely a strong contender but I wanted to show you his competition apart from mane.

daveP:
Im confident cos of that epl title which will play a big role. beside na baba mahrez be the current apoty o. if these contenders have any trophy this season then il concede.@thesupernerd.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
komekn:

People are a product of thier environments.

This guy was born in Russia, went to school in Russia everything he has ever known is Russian. His mindset will be Russian. You know when have been abused for so long you think it's normal. Because you do not know any better or have any other contrary life experience. Everything around him will be Russian, it's not like London where you have Nigeria in London.

Has he ever been to Nigeria? Lived for some time
in Nigeria? He will not leave because he is now institutionalised into being Russian.

Consider Odemwingie who described Russia as the most racist place in the World. Why He had lived in Nigeria he could see the difference. As. Soon as he could he left.

I think Idowu should be left alone to love his Russian land and people.

you're right
you wrote true...up there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
tbaba1234:

No game time is making him deteriorate. He needs a full season of constant football.
I'm even saying that the poor touch was present when Manuel gave him playing time last season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
First of all, Congrats to Arsenal for a hard fought win. Wish them the best at the final.

Sad for the disallowed goal scored by Sterling. Watching the replay was heart breaking knowing the ball did not go out of play. My call for Video Assisted Refereeing continues.

I commend Guardiola for his hard work because the team played well today. Amazing Stamina, great build-up plays and confidence from Bravo. Superb ball playing skills. I must confess, very few can do it like him.

Missed so much chances, especially hitting the bar twice but I hope the players do not sulk too much. They should keep working on their game and the goals will come. Sad we lost Silva early also.

As for Iheanacho, big props to him for getting a chance. Shows the coach still believes in him. As for the earlier switch, Arsenal were pressing us at that time and the midfield change was perfect. It swung the game back to City's control. I already knew it was four subs and expected a last Nacho change.

Nacho fluffed the first chance he had to control but his second touch where he controlled the ball and spread it to his left was breathtaking. (I know the Nacho haters will not see it, as expected). He looked sharp but his mistimed run was bad. Shows with more clear chances, he will cause havoc. (I know also, the haters of Nacho will not notice that it is difficult operating in a compact defence when a team with a lead is sitting deep).

Advice to Nacho:

He should stop waiting for your teammates to find hin. He should find the ball. Watch the build-up plays and move towards the ball, not away from it. Be part of the build-up plays.

Keep working hard.

Impressive point:

Was his improved mobility. He used the wings well.

Wish Nacho the best.

#TeamNacho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
joseph1013:

Actually, the poor touch happens when Nacho is under pressure although he pulled off a brilliant one today. However, Nacho was never a Wilfried Bony or Peter Crouch under pressure. It is easier controlling ball in midfield than as a striker. Giroud missed loads today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
daveP:

Weak.

We hit the bar twice and had a legitimate goal disallowed. That is after Arsenal sat deep most of the game. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 7:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
daveP:
moses can' t win it,Dortmund Gabon striker will win it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
First of all, Congrats to Arsenal for a hard fought win. Wish them the best at the final.

Sad for the disallowed goal scored by Sterling. Watching the replay was heart breaking knowing the ball did not go out of play. My call for Video Assisted Refereeing continues.

I commend Guardiola for his hard work because the team played well today. Amazing Stamina, great build-up plays and confidence from Bravo. Superb ball playing skills. I must confess, very few can do it like him.

Missed so much chances, especially hitting the bar twice but I hope the players do not sulk too much. They should keep working on their game and the goals will come. Sad we lost Silva early also.

As for Iheanacho, big props to him for getting a chance. Shows the coach still believes in him. As for the earlier switch, Arsenal were pressing us at that time and the midfield change was perfect. It swung the game back to City's control. I already knew it was four subs and expected a last Nacho change.

Nacho fluffed the first chance he had to control but his second touch where he controlled the ball and spread it to his left was breathtaking. (I know the Nacho haters will not see it, as expected). He looked sharp but his mistimed run was bad. Shows with more clear chances, he will cause havoc. (I know also, the haters of Nacho will not notice that it is difficult operating in a compact defence when a team with a lead is sitting deep).

Advice to Nacho:

He should stop waiting for your teammates to find hin. He should find the ball. Watch the build-up plays and move towards the ball, not away from it. Be part of the build-up plays.

Keep working hard.

Impressive point:

Wish Nacho the best.

#TeamNacho
Very good consolation post. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
enomakos:
is any trophy in auba's sight? no! has he been exceptional? not really. mention someone with a title in sight or his team rests on his shoulders.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Weak.

We hit the bar twice and had a legitimate goal disallowed. That is after Arsenal sat deep most of the game. Na wa.
weaker!! Being close is never close enough. Legitimate? the matchday analyst disagree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sir GoodJoe..... I am not happy with Nacho's situation at City but nicely said....

Especially on the part of his first touch because it seems some are trying so hard to make it look as if Nacho has totally lost the magic of his first touch just because of City's drilling grounds.....

Believe me I am not finding it funny anymore... every time Nacho is mentioned, he is attacked from all angles as being one miserable player like that just because he is at Man city and not getting playing time....

Why cant we learn to separate our disdain for Nacho's playing time situation at City from The actual Class Abilities of Nacho..... na wa

Nacho in the green and white hardly struggles with first touch.... he got the class of that first touch and can be better...

Like Sir TheGoodJoe rightly and truthfully said, Nacho's poor first touch today and also on the few times it happened last season was all down to pressure..... haba!!!!

Why won't he feel pressure?? when he is starved of the ball oftentimes in games for City and then he finally gets it because the team mates have no choice but to pass to him or the ball found its way to him and he is always thinking , "This is it Nacho...now you have the ball... it is now or never"

In The Super eagles games, does Nacho panic? does Nacho not enjoy the love and confidence of his teammates? But at City, look at what he has been facing since last season.... even when he was oftentimes banging in goals and saving city's ass with goals and assists and second assists....

Give Nacho a break biko!!!! nacho this... nacho that.... every little mistake of his is super exaggerated and made to look as if he is a bad player... what nonsense! angry

I am Not Happy with Nacho's non-playing status at City but we must not abuse that and start using it to say Ill stuffs about the player.... it is not fair.... he is a young player and like every young super talented player out there, he is not perfect yet....

But about his first touch... nacho has a very good first touch... watch Nigeria's games and educate yourselves more.... not only watching him at a city side that treat him as a ball boy when he is onfield.

TheGoodJoe:

Advice to Nacho:

Keep working hard.

Impressive point:

Wish Nacho the best.

#TeamNacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mohammed Salah

daveP:
is any trophy in auba's sight? no! has he been exceptional? not really. mention someone with a title in sight or his team rests on his shoulders.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
"Can't" is a strong word Elder Sir Enomakos.... smiley.

enomakos:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Chelsea, Barcelona Target Omidiji Gets Advice From Arsenal Hero Kanu After Move To Feyenoord

Lateef Omidiji Jr has been congratulated by Nigeria legend Nwankwo Kanu following his recent transfer to Feyenoord.

The former Arsenal hero recently visited the Netherlands to see Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali, and took time out of his busy schedule to hold discussions with Omidiji before returning to Nigeria.

''I spoke to King Kanu a month ago when he was in Holland, and talked to Troost-Ekong as well, he is my brother,'' said Omidiji to allnigeriasoccer.com .

''Kanu told me to keep doing what I'm doing and continue to make Nigeria proud. Both have played in Holland so they know playing at Feyenoord isn't a small deal.

''They both echoed the same sentiment- keep working hard, keep training hard and the sky is the limit.''

Kanu and Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong represented Ajax Amsterdam and FC Dordrecht respectively, and both are delighted the much-heralded Omidiji will continue his football education at one of the traditional clubs in the Netherlands.

Omidiji added : ''Troost actually played at my previous club Dordrecht and Kanu of course Ajax.

''They are both really supportive and are proud that a Nigerian youth is flying our flag high in Holland.''

Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG were some of the clubs Lateef Omidiji was linked with before he was snapped up by Feyenoord.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22816

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 7:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
"Can't" is a strong word Elder Sir Enomakos.... smiley.

I understand you,I will love victor to win it but his lacks of goals is not helping this chance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yeah.... you are right. This is why I included Auba and Mane and even Salah as Victor's strongest rivals for the next CAF APOTY Awards.

But just maybe his position as wingback for Chelsea and his recent performances for the Super Eagles in the WCQs may come into deep consideration. Not many goals is expected from a wingback.... wink

enomakos:
I understand you,I will love victor to win it but his lacks of goals is not helping this chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Mohammed Salah

scudetto is wrapped. but based on individual performance, il agree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 7:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
daveP:
it will be great if victor win the award but I am not too sure of his chance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
enomakos:
it will be great if victor win the award but I am not too sure of his chance
with a new caf, anti-hayatou president, i think he stands a better chance, since mikel was cheated years ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:00pm On Apr 23, 2017
Well.... kinda wrapped but Juve needs to win today against Genoa (game already on) to move closer to such reality.

Eight points separate juve and second-placed Roma though....

daveP:
scudetto is wrapped. but based on individual performance, il agree.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I think it has to do with the way iheanacho runs into positions. Could be that He runs into positions that will be difficult for his team mates to find him. I noticed it on two occasions: one when Yaya-Toure had the ball and was looking for opening. Iheanacho ran but from where he ran to there was no way Yaya-Toure would pass the ball to him without the Arsenal defenders intercepting the pass. A similar one happened again when I think Sane was in an advantage position.

Then another thing is Iheanacho does not contribute to overall build up play. Welbeck came in as Arsenal's CF but you could see him playing from different advanced position and not just running into the 18yards box waiting for that perfect pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (837) (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: charlesemeka85(m), Tolulopefinest(m), Amedino99(m), comodo, soetanoreoluwa(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.