Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11707825 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
No way is this explanation enough to debunk the fact that nacho is oftentimes ignored.... this has been happening overtime and most of his teammates are guilty.

Enough said.

And about build-up plays.... na so.... so nacho cannot do even 1% of buid-up plays?? Make una go watch that Southampton game at the etihad again abeg.... nacho can't do build-up plays indeed.... I have been hearing this song but it is a lie....

Besides, nacho was brought in to find a goal and not to fall back to midfield and "Build up plays"

City were desperate and needed Nacho upfront... for crying out loud, this was Extra-time..... his instruction was to get a goal... not to build up plays... These were tight and desperate moments... so why fall back to midfield when you need bodies in the box??

Icon4s:

I think it has to do with the way iheanacho runs into positions. Could be that He runs into positions that will be difficult for his team mates to find him. I noticed it on two occasions: one when Yaya-Toure had the ball and was looking for opening. Iheanacho ran but from where he ran to there was no way Yaya-Toure would pass the ball to him without the Arsenal defenders intercepting the pass. A similar one happened again when I think Sane was in an advantage position.

Then another thing is Iheanacho does not contribute to overall build up play. Welbeck came in as Arsenal's CF but you could see him playing from different advanced position and not just running into the 18yards box waiting for that perfect pass.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
True Talk....

daveP:
with a new caf, anti-hayatou president, i think he stands a better chance, since mikel was cheated years ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Chelsea, Barcelona Target Omidiji Gets Advice From Arsenal Hero Kanu After Move To Feyenoord

Lateef Omidiji Jr has been congratulated by Nigeria legend Nwankwo Kanu following his recent transfer to Feyenoord.

The former Arsenal hero recently visited the Netherlands to see Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali, and took time out of his busy schedule to hold discussions with Omidiji before returning to Nigeria.

''I spoke to King Kanu a month ago when he was in Holland, and talked to Troost-Ekong as well, he is my brother,'' said Omidiji to allnigeriasoccer.com .

''Kanu told me to keep doing what I'm doing and continue to make Nigeria proud. Both have played in Holland so they know playing at Feyenoord isn't a small deal.

''They both echoed the same sentiment- keep working hard, keep training hard and the sky is the limit.''

Kanu and Super Eagles defender William Troost-Ekong represented Ajax Amsterdam and FC Dordrecht respectively, and both are delighted the much-heralded Omidiji will continue his football education at one of the traditional clubs in the Netherlands.

Omidiji added : ''Troost actually played at my previous club Dordrecht and Kanu of course Ajax.

''They are both really supportive and are proud that a Nigerian youth is flying our flag high in Holland.''

Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG were some of the clubs Lateef Omidiji was linked with before he was snapped up by Feyenoord.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22816

I just love this kind...he sees it as an honor to identify with Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
Icon4s:

I think it has to do with the way iheanacho runs into positions. Could be that He runs into positions that will be difficult for his team mates to find him. I noticed it on two occasions: one when Yaya-Toure had the ball and was looking for opening. Iheanacho ran but from where he ran to there was no way Yaya-Toure would pass the ball to him without the Arsenal defenders intercepting the pass. A similar one happened again when I think Sane was in an advantage position.

Then another thing is Iheanacho does not contribute to overall build up play. Welbeck came in as Arsenal's CF but you could see him playing from different advanced position and not just running into the 18yards box waiting for that perfect pass.

Iheanacho actually did a better job today with build-up play. He started a couple of counters.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
Simy Repeats Feat Against Sampdoria, Omoijuanfo Is Top Marksman In Norway

Simy Nwankwo up against Kalidou Koulibaly and pepe Reina in a series A game between His team, Crotone and Napoli

Nigerian striker Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo was on target as Crotone continued their push to avoid relegation with a 2-1 win over Sampdoria at Stadio Luigi Ferraris on match day 33.
The former Gil Vicente ace volleyed the ball into the back of the net after 80 minutes to secure all three points for the visitors.

Last weekend against Torino, Simy struck five minutes after coming off the bench and he repeated the same feat today against the Blucerchiati.

Elsewhere, Samuel Adegbenro opened his account for the season as Viking thrashed Odds Ballklubb 3-0. The young striker broke the deadlock in the 27th minute and was replaced with 12 minutes left.

Still in the Norwegian Tippeligaen, Ohi Omoijuanfo continued his impressive start to the season after netting his seventh league goal in Stabaek's 3-0 away win over Tromso. He is the top scorer in Noway after five rounds.

**Igho Kingsley

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22817

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
daveP:
weaker!! Being close is never close enough. Legitimate? the matchday analyst disagree with you.

What does match day analyst have to do with City hitting the bar twice and a legitimate goal chalked off? Na wa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jamel9: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
My Brother..... Victor moses will have some interesting contenders oooo... some strong, some just outsiders...

Keita Balde Diao (SS Lazio)- he scored the fastest hattrick in Serie A in 42 years earlier today (in just five or six minutes). And have been doing pretty well for Lazio this season. Plays for Senegal. An outsider.... smiley

Aubameyang (Dortmund)- He is still Africa's top scorer in Europe. Plays for Gabon. A strong contender wink

Sadio Mane (Liverpool)- You have already mentioned him. A strong contender also. wink

Mohammed Salah (AS Roma)- Doing great things in Italy with double figure goals and near to double figure assists....one of the major reasons Roma are still giving Juventus a big run for the scudetto. Plays for Egypt. Another possible contender.

Eric Bailly (Manchester Utd)- Been arguably Africa's most outstanding defender in Europe this season. An outsider for the CAF APOTY Award.

I think that does it for now.... wink

*Modified*

note: Mahrez is reigning APOTY but his stock have fallen this season as a result of Leicester's early season free fall which saw him also turn in several unispiring displays before they picked up the pieces after Ndidi arrived on the scene. He is still a class-act shaa....

Moses will likely win it, if they can win the epl and maybe fa. You know cups counts a lot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
No way is this explanation enough to debunk the fact that nacho is oftentimes ignored.... this has been happening overtime and most of his teammates are guilty.

Enough said.

And about build-up plays.... na so.... so nacho cannot do even 1% of buid-up plays?? Make una go watch that Southampton game at the etihad again abeg.... nacho can't do build-up plays indeed.... I have been hearing this song but it is a lie....

Besides, nacho was brought in to find a goal and not to fall back to midfield and "Build up plays"

City were desperate and needed Nacho upfront... for crying out loud, this was Extra-time..... his instruction was to get a goal... not to build up plays... These were tight and desperate moments... so why fall back to midfield when you need bodies in the box??

When Welbeck was brought in was it not for Arsenal to get a goal? Yet you saw his several link up plays with Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey

See, my own is I do not want to follow u guys' insinuations that he was being purposely ignored. Even under such desperate minutes?

Pep Goofed big time by substituting Aguero when he did. Only for him to later bring in Iheanacho as a CF to salvage the situation.

There are several games I have seen Iheanacho being involved in the build up play aside even the much referenced Southampton game. But for today's game? The Arsenal defenders got the better of him and his team mates could not locate him. Not that they purposely ignored him.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
tbaba1234:

Iheanacho actually did a better job today with build-up play. He started a couple of counters.

Honestly, I am still trying hard to remember which build up play he was involved in. Pls help me out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Honestly, I am still trying hard to remember which build up play he was involved in. Pls help me out.

Twice, he set KDB on runs that resulted in chances. He started quite decently then faded.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Arsenal sat deep, how easy is it to beat a deeply-sat defence defending a lead?? Nacho did his best.... the arsenal defence sat deep and penetrating was always gonna prove tough.

Nacho came in far later than Welbeck so the build-up ish doesn't work for me.... comparing welbeck and nacho situations is totally out of line.

Saying Nacho cannot do build-up plays is the biggest lie about Nacho.

And you not following the few of us saying he was ignored and have been ignored doesn't change the truth: Iheanacho has been treated like a ball boy at City oftentimes when he is on the field of play.... it is as if he is begging them to give him the ball

So you have seen games of Nacho involved in build-up plays and you earlier said he doesn't contribute to build-up plays abi??

And that Southampton game is the absolute because it is spotless and had nacho at the very center of everything good that day from the moment he came on....Nacho bossed that game till the end. That is a perfect example of what Nacho can do in a city shirt if allowed and trusted more..... chaaaiiiiii.... how people don't see this baffles me.

Icon4s:

When Welbeck was brought in was it not for Arsenal to get a goal? Yet you saw his several link up plays with Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey

See, my own is I do not want to follow u guys' insinuations that he was being purposely ignored. Even under such desperate minutes?

Pep Goofed big time by substituting Aguero when he did. Only for him to later bring in Iheanacho as a CF to salvage the situation.

There are several games I have seen Iheanacho being involved in the build up play aside even the much referenced Southampton game. But for today's game? The Arsenal defenders got the better of him and his team mates could not locate him. Not that they purposely ignored him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yep you too are right.... Moses is a favorite but it won't be a walk in the pack...

Trophies count ooo but goals matter too.... this is where Auba comes in.

But Moses looks good for the award. Time will tell shaa

jamel9:
Moses will likely win it, if they can win the epoch and maybe fa. You know cups counts a lot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Awaziem and Yahaya, Porto B Full Match

Yahaya still at right back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaMlGBQA2c&sns=tw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Apr 23, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Again?? shocked

Maybe I need to take my time and watch this.... wetin this coach see for Yahaya wey dey make am play the lad for RB bikonu?? undecided

tbaba1234:
Awaziem and Yahaya, Porto B Full Match

Yahaya still at right back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeaMlGBQA2c&sns=tw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
jamel9:
Moses will likely win it, if they can win the epoch and maybe fa. You know cups counts a lot.
if I had to place a bet, I would bet on Moses winning 2017 CAF APOTY

The only country that could have had a stronger contender is maybe Cameroon, but none of their players is doing it big for club

Many forget that apart from Chelsea winning EPL and FA Cup, if Nigeria qualify for the World Cup, the CAF APOTY is in the bag for Moses.

Salah could come a close second cuz Egypt too will most likely qualify for their first World Cup

It is highly unjust that Aubameyang should beat any of those two considering Gabon is almost nonexistent in African football

Hopefully, under this new CAF President, this award will be given based on contribution to national team more than contribution to a foreign club. There should be a CLEAR DISTINCTION between CAF APOTY and BBC APOTY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
First of all, Congrats to Arsenal for a hard fought win. Wish them the best at the final.

Sad for the disallowed goal scored by Sterling. Watching the replay was heart breaking knowing the ball did not go out of play. My call for Video Assisted Refereeing continues.

I commend Guardiola for his hard work because the team played well today. Amazing Stamina, great build-up plays and confidence from Bravo. Superb ball playing skills. I must confess, very few can do it like him.

Missed so much chances, especially hitting the bar twice but I hope the players do not sulk too much. They should keep working on their game and the goals will come. Sad we lost Silva early also.

As for Iheanacho, big props to him for getting a chance. Shows the coach still believes in him. As for the earlier switch, Arsenal were pressing us at that time and the midfield change was perfect. It swung the game back to City's control. I already knew it was four subs and expected a last Nacho change.

Nacho fluffed the first chance he had to control but his second touch where he controlled the ball and spread it to his left was breathtaking. (I know the Nacho haters will not see it, as expected). He looked sharp but his mistimed run was bad. Shows with more clear chances, he will cause havoc. (I know also, the haters of Nacho will not notice that it is difficult operating in a compact defence when a team with a lead is sitting deep).

Advice to Nacho:

He should stop waiting for your teammates to find hin. He should find the ball. Watch the build-up plays and move towards the ball, not away from it. Be part of the build-up plays.

Keep working hard.

Impressive point:

Was his improved mobility. He used the wings well.

Wish Nacho the best.

#TeamNacho
Point of correction, nobody hates Nacho. Hope you are not sounding this way to whipup sentiments.

If Icon4s had not raised his usual alarm, you would have come up with imaginary improvements made by Nacho under Lord Guardiola, which are not far fetched even in this post of yours.

Nacho needs to play regularly. The Drills are not helping, rather they are killing his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by amosadamu: 10:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Click to watch BARCELONA AND REAL MADRID 23/04/2017 (ALL GOAL HIGHLIGHTS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6EBwMVELn0
Please give a thumbs up and Click the Subscribed button for more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yeah like making his first touch so horribly nonexistent abi??

By spreading or supportinh the fallacy that Nacho cannot contribute to build up plays right??

And like he is now so bad all because he is at Man city ba?? same Nacho that got goals for us while all the time being at City.....

Leave TheGoodJoe Alone abeg.... people saw that game... there is no way he would wanna fool anyone here about Nacho's performance okay

But it is you and others who wants everyone here to believe that Iheanacho is now so horrible ... that is sickening and untrue.

Haba!!!! U guys should leave Nacho alone biko... talk about something else.... it is not your career but his.... haba!!!

Trying to make Nacho look so bad just to prove that City is killing his game is the biggest fallacy I am noticing on this thread and it is not helpful at all. You guys are supposed to be objective and not just saying things because you don't like City.....

terzurum5:

Point of correction, nobody hates Nacho. Hope you are not sounding this way to whipup sentiments.

If Icon4s had not raised his usual alarm, you would have come up with imaginary improvements made by Nacho under Lord Guardiola, which are not far fetched even in this post of yours.

Nacho needs to play regularly. The Drills are not helping, rather they are killing his game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Well.... kinda wrapped but Juve needs to win today against Genoa (game already on) to move closer to such reality.

Eight points separate juve and second-placed Roma though....

No team has beaten bar2 and lost 5 league games in a row(worst case scenario). juve trashed genoa 4-0 grin cheaper by the 'dozen' at roma
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What does match day analyst have to do with City hitting the bar twice and a legitimate goal chalked off? Na wa.
their tech disagrees with you by far. so yes it does. who dey talk of hitting bar?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2017
Well said ...... This is exactly why Moses is my no 1 pick... and yes Salah should make top 3 alongside Mane if merits are actually looked at .

Auba got the goals but so did Slimani at Sporting Lisbon before he came down to England.... goals alone is never enough ...

My top 3 should be Moses, Salah and Mane.... but again time will tell ...

Cameroun has one performer though in Benjamin Moukandjo doing his thing at Lorient.... he has been in top form but his impact cannot be compared to even Andre Onana of Ajax.....

True Cameroun conquered Africa and Bassogog was MVP buutttt.... CAF APOTY goes beyond a two month performance even though it was in Africa's World Cup

safarigirl:
if I had to place a bet, I would bet on Moses winning 2017 CAF APOTY

The only country that could have had a stronger contender is maybe Cameroon, but none of their players is doing it big for club

Many forget that apart from Chelsea winning EPL and FA Cup, if Nigeria qualify for the World Cup, the CAF APOTY is in the bag for Moses.

Salah could come a close second cuz Egypt too will most likely qualify for their first World Cup

It is highly unjust that Aubameyang should beat any of those two considering Gabon is almost nonexistent in African football

Hopefully, under this new CAF President, this award will be given based on contribution to national team more than contribution to a foreign club. There should be a CLEAR DISTINCTION between CAF APOTY and BBC APOTY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Yeah.... juve just needs a couple of more points (not sure how many now) and the title is officially theirs.... Good For Moses...

But uhmmm.... Ghana's Kwadwo Asamoah dey play for Juve shaa.... but nope... he hasn't had the kind of impact like Moses.

Even Mario Lemina of Gabon dey the Juve team... loolll. These are Africans that will be scudetto champs.... but ofcos, we look at Impact and contributions. wink

daveP:
No team has beaten bar2 and lost 5 league games in a row(worst case scenario). juve trashed genoa 4-0 grin cheaper by the 'dozen' at roma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
daveP:
their tech disagrees with you by far. so yes it does. who dey talk of hitting bar?

IT WASN'T Off, Manchester City has Semi-final goal disallowed as Sane's cross deemed to have gone out but replays show the opposite.

But the assistant referee's flag was up, which suggested the ball went out, but replays showed it probably didn't.

BT Sport pundit and former referee Howard Webb said at half-time that the linesman got the decision wrong and the ball did just stay in play.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3395006/manchester-city-goal-disallowed-leroy-sane-cross-over-touchline-replays-show-opposite/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
Icon4s:

I don't know wat game u r talking about because Iheanacho did well on build up plays, he dropped as deep as his own half to win the ball but his team did not look for him. How many crosses came in the box? This didn't just start today it has been going on for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Why are you so much against The Foreign-borns? Are they not Nigerians too?

Besides Tammy is full-blooded Nigerian from Delta state.... Pinnick knows his dad so well.

Tamuno Oghenetega is his native name.... Tammy is the name gotten from his name Tamuno....

This lad is bound to play for Nigeria. Just wait till after the U-20 WC.... na wa ooo...

If England fight, we fight back.... should we be scared of England?? They have Kane, Vardy, Rooney, And so on.... so we have a huge chance with Tammy.

The Nigerians of foreign up-bringing are still Nigerians.... let us not be so subtly discriminatory abeg.

You greatly misunderstood my point. I am just highlighting the battle ahead of us in getting the young man to play for us. Of course I would love to have all foreign born of Nigerian descent play for us ,that would be awesome but England has made it clear they wil make plans to check the drift. And Tammy hasnt openly decleared his interest to play for Nigeria. I am just saying lets slow down because yall making it as though he is already a super eagles player. I wish him the best in his career and hope he chose to play for Nigeria in the future.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
He hasn't turned us down outrightly either. And I made my comment about why are you sounding like you don't fancy the foreign borns because this is not the first Time I am seeing you speak against our moves for these foreign borns.... you have done it several times before now and I never said a word.....

I have to continue putting the spotlights on him when I can so that we can be aware of his career progression also.... he is still on our radar and NFF president, Pinnick has said so much about our chances of getting Tammy eventually despite all the razz-matazz and gra-gra of the English FA....

OMANBALA1:

You greatly misunderstood my point. I am just highlighting the battle ahead of us in getting the young man to play for us. Of course I would love to have all foreign born of Nigerian descent play for us ,that would be awesome but England has made it clear they wil make plans to check the drift. And Tammy hasnt openly decleared his interest to play for Nigeria. I am just saying lets slow down because yall making it as though he is already a super eagles player. I wish him the best in his career and hope he chose to play for Nigeria in the future.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:03am On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah.... juve just needs a couple of more points (not sure how many now) and the title is officially theirs.... Good For Moses...

But uhmmm.... Ghana's Kwadwo Asamoah dey play for Juve shaa.... but nope... he hasn't had the kind of impact like Moses.

Even Mario Lemina of Gabon dey the Juve team... loolll. These are Africans that will be scudetto champs.... but ofcos, we look at Impact and contributions. wink

Its 11points o with lesser than 8games left. abeg no insult me with lemina. lol. but i agree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 1:13am On Apr 24, 2017
So far a good number of players on the list of Sir Forgiveness have done enough to deserve a look in by the national team handlers, except Dominic Solanke an Ajagun.

I think we wrere in a hurry to read meanings to his list.

My unreserved appology Sir!

*Modified*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:27am On Apr 24, 2017
enomakos:
moses can' t win it,Dortmund Gabon striker will win it
explain why,give reasons with more than one or two sentences,otherwise don't come here and say moses can't. Are u CAF? Give ur details
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 1:58am On Apr 24, 2017
there is something I don't quite understandem,is it really true that Isa hayatou usually decides who wins APOTY after the voting must have taken place,let's say for instance Mikel have 300 points,and Yaya has 200 points after voting,can he decide to give it to Yaya?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 5:47am On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Well said ...... This is exactly why Moses is my no 1 pick... and yes Salah should make top 3 alongside Mane if merits are actually looked at .

Auba got the goals but so did Slimani at Sporting Lisbon before he came down to England.... goals alone is never enough ...

My top 3 should be Moses, Salah and Mane.... but again time will tell ...

Cameroun has one performer though in Benjamin Moukandjo doing his thing at Lorient.... he has been in top form but his impact cannot be compared to even Andre Onana of Ajax.....

True Cameroun conquered Africa and Bassogog was MVP buutttt.... CAF APOTY goes beyond a two month performance even though it was in Africa's World Cup

Just wondering. Isn't keita of RB leipzig an african?

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), jolly94, kennysville(m), Kog45(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.