Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720110 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:20pm On May 25, 2017
Tipico Bundesliga Round 35

Austria Vienna 2-1 Salzburg

Olanrewaju Kayode scores Vienna's second in the 29th after an own goal opener by the hosts.
It's Half Time

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
hailings oh.. where u from? Warri? Warri no dey carry last o
oga I trowey hand for you , me be bayelsa boi o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
[img][/img]

Corsica Name Three Ex-France Youth-Team Stars, 21 Others In Squad To Face Nigera (Full List)
Published: May 25, 2017
Corsica Name Three Ex-France Youth-Team Stars, 21 Others In Squad To Face Nigera (Full List)Corsica national team coach Jean-Michel Cavalli has announced a 24-man roster for Friday night's international friendly against Nigeria.

He has called up four goalkeepers, five defenders, eight midfielders and seven strikers for the game against the Super Eagles.

The squad contains players from three different countries : Belgium, France and Luxembourg.

Three former France youth-teamers Nicolas Penneteau (Charleroi), Gary Coulibaly (Beveren) and Vincent Marchetti (Nancy) are in line to be on parade at Stade François Coty, Ajaccio.

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr can count on the services of sixteen players for the friendly.

Corsica Squad

Goalkeepers (4): Nicolas Penneteau (Charleroi), Thomas Vincensini (SC Bastia), Cyril Fogacci (GFC Ajaccio), Francois-Joseph Sollacaro (AC Ajaccio)

Defenders (5) : Hugo Aine (Chambly), Yohan Bocognano (Mulhouse), Anthony Lippini (AC Ajaccio), Francois Modesto (SC Bastia), Thibault Campanini (GFC Ajaccio)

Midfielders (cool : Yannick Cahuzac (SC Bastia), Gary Coulibaly (Beveren), Vincent Marchetti (Nancy), Julian Palmieri (Lille), Louis Poggi (GFC Ajaccio), Christophe Vincent (Bruges), Laurent Pomponi (Hostert), Michel Moretti (Furiani)

Strikers (7) : Julien Romain (SC Bastia), Benjamin Santelli (Chambly), France Massoni (CA Bastia), Jean-Jacques Mandrichi (Cannes), Jean-Jacques Rocchi (Dunkerque), Jean-Francois Grimaldi (CA Bastia), Alexandre Cropanese (FC Borgo)

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Photo Credit : thenff.com
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23177

Something tells me we will have it tough tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:30pm On May 25, 2017
Chelsea's Nigerian Whizzkid Named In England Provisional Squad For U21 EURO, Akpom Missing

Chelsea's Nigerian Whizzkid Named In England Provisional Squad For U21 EURO, Akpom MissingEngland U21 Head coach Aidy Boothroyd has announced a 28-man provisional roster for this summer's UEFA European U21 Championship in Poland (16–30 June 2017).

Two players of Nigerian descent in the shape of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham and Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Dominic Iorfa have been selected in the group.

But there is no place in the roster for Arsenal talent Chuba Akpom, who flirted with the Nigerian national team during their get-together in London two months ago, and ex-Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe.

England appear to have given up as regards to securing the international future of Ola Aina, as the Chelsea fullback has been omitted from the squad though he has been invited to the U21s in the past.

All the aforementioned players have been approached by the Nigeria Football Federation to play for the Super Eagles.

Aidy Boothroyd must name his final squad for the U21 EURO before the UEFA deadline of June 6, and five players will not make the cut.

The Young Lions are in Group A of the tournament and face Poland, Slovakia and Sweden in the group stage.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23175
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:31pm On May 25, 2017
seem like a very good test my brother. Good one

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2017
Dedebanky85:
Watching Austria Wien and Salsburg, it beats my imagination that there are 2 malian players from their 2015 under 20 and 17 teams playing for Salsburg - Haidara and Samasekkou... I want to think Nigerian agents are very wicked people. These Francophone national players have no problems moving to Europe. In fact, Europeans prefer to deal with them as there would be No: 3rd party agreement, future law suit, greed, CAS case, etc. It goes on and on. If I'm a Naija young player, I'd strive hard to go to either, CIV, Senegal, Mali, or Guinea to get scouted. Or to a larger extent Ghana sef. Our agents are the worst individuals to have anything to do with. If they're not getting a certain amount of OWO, nothing for u as a player.
yet
we are the biggest exporter in africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:32pm On May 25, 2017
Jonathan brother I salute you!!!

I school small for Patani back in the days

Nigerdeltaboi:
oga I trowey hand for you , me be bayelsa boi o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 25, 2017
tbaba1234:
If reports are true, Odey and Olatubosun are yet to make an impression in training. Muazzam has been impressive in the first 2 days.

Kelechi, Etebo and Mikel Agu too. Onyekuru was impressive on day 1, not much was said about him on day 2.

Bascovanveli, see your guy o doing wonders in camp. Just as you rightly opined, Muazzum is the most ready of NPFL players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 25, 2017
EEGA:
Is Alhassan Ibrahim(Muazzam) an attacking midfielder or winger?

Attacking midfielder cum Supporting Striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2017
Icon4s:

i enter one thread and i was sad because of the comments that i read
some where insulting nff others corsica even rohr i tire for this country
i think it was nigeria vs corsica thread

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 4:55pm On May 25, 2017
Icon4s:

From the way you described him I was thinking he should be like 16-18.

Since he was just signed some weeks back from a grassroot academy, he could well be that young...... I can't stick my head out on a chopping board for someone who is not my family member.
What I know was that I saw a proper talent. A first class nibble footed forward in the mould of Mbappe. Although he has the tendency to play to the gallery, but for the life of me, he is damn super good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2017
I knew that they would quickly get Tammy Abraham entangled in their snare, especially after our NFF officials had stupidly broadcasted to the whole world that they have Tammy in their plans. I won't be surprised if they try to cap him at the senior level as well .... to keep him beyond our reach.

The NFF is populated by a group of daunces sad angry

O pari

Joebie:
Chelsea's Nigerian Whizzkid Named In England Provisional Squad For U21 EURO, Akpom Missing

Chelsea's Nigerian Whizzkid Named In England Provisional Squad For U21 EURO, Akpom MissingEngland U21 Head coach Aidy Boothroyd has announced a 28-man provisional roster for this summer's UEFA European U21 Championship in Poland (16–30 June 2017).

Two players of Nigerian descent in the shape of Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham and Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Dominic Iorfa have been selected in the group.

But there is no place in the roster for Arsenal talent Chuba Akpom, who flirted with the Nigerian national team during their get-together in London two months ago, and ex-Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe.

England appear to have given up as regards to securing the international future of Ola Aina, as the Chelsea fullback has been omitted from the squad though he has been invited to the U21s in the past.

All the aforementioned players have been approached by the Nigeria Football Federation to play for the Super Eagles.

Aidy Boothroyd must name his final squad for the U21 EURO before the UEFA deadline of June 6, and five players will not make the cut.

The Young Lions are in Group A of the tournament and face Poland, Slovakia and Sweden in the group stage.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23175

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 25, 2017
Joebie:
Jonathan brother I salute you!!!
I school small for Patani back in the days
nice I know patani small, I am more of the north side,grew up there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2017
Of course, we don't even have a full squad yet. I just hope that we can be able to raise a team to play Corsica tomorrow. Or else, Rhor and his technical crew would kit up and represent us grin

O pari

Icon4s:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 5:03pm On May 25, 2017
If you rate playing in Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Co. as exports, then kudos to you. Is it by the quantity of the export or the quality? Please look at the main Euro countries , the contingent of each Franco phone countries trumps ours. Is it Belgium, France, Scandanavia, even England, Senegal has a nigger presence than Naija. Is Italy where we have maybe 5. We shoukd accept, Naija players are finding it tough moving to good leagues. Remove our core 30 to 35 players, then you need to start going to obscure places to find Naija players. Even the Turkey we are shouting about, Franco phone countries have a lot of players in Turkish teams.

maidaboi:
yet
we are the biggest exporter in africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:07pm On May 25, 2017
We havn't learned the white man's language. say one thing from one side of their mouth and do another thing.
Is it Tammy and Lorfa begging to represent the UK now?

They said it should be a thing of pride to play for England. But apparently they are pulling a stunt here on Tammy. Anyway if Tammy had earlier ignored Nigeria's interest, I must keep my mouth shut. How do you process the passport of a player that is not interested in playing for Nigeria? Let's hear the truth about Tammy Abraham, because it's not adding up.

Icon79:
I knew that they would quickly get Tammy Abraham entangled in their snare, especially after our NFF officials had stupidly broadcasted to the whole world that they have Tammy in their plans. I won't be surprised if they try to cap him at the senior level as well .... to keep him beyond our reach.

The NFF is populated by a group of daunces sad angry

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:09pm On May 25, 2017
it's not a must win. I'd like to see the untested actually play against a quality opposition.

There are 14 outfield players and 2 keepers

Icon79:
Of course, we don't even have a full squad yet. I just hope that we can be able to raise a team to play Corsica tomorrow. Or else, Rhor and his technical crew would kit up and represent us grin

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2017
You've said it, my brother. Too many loopholes in the whole story, jare. I think some of these guys only develop interest in Nigeria when they are ignored by England.

Take the case of Dominic Iorfa instance, last year, his dad declared that he would not rep Naija. Fast forward a few months later, Iorfa was dump on the bench by his club, the same man (his dad) cried out that he was only being punished by his coach because he chose Nigeria over England. And now, the same player is getting an invite to England U-21.

Strange days....

O pari

Joebie:
We havn't learned the white man's language. say one thing from one side of their mouth and do another thing.
Is it Tammy and Lorfa begging to represent the UK now?

They said it should be a thing of pride to play for England. But apparently they are pulling a stunt here on Tammy. Anyway if Tammy had earlier ignored Nigeria's interest, I must keep my mouth shut. How do you process the passport of a player that is not interested in playing for Nigeria? Let's hear the truth about Tammy Abraham, because it's not adding up.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2017
I agree that it isn't a must win, especially since the game isn't even gonna affect our FIFA rankings. However, my concern is that many of the players we'd like to test are not in available either (Noah Bazee, Isaac Success, Osimeh, Kayode, Aina, etc.)

O pari

Joebie:
it's not a must win. I'd like to see the untested actually play against a quality opposition.

There are 14 outfield players and 2 keepers

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2017
komekn:

The harsh unfair reality of football marketing and value is that it is intrinsically linked to age.

There are a lot of players if they were found to be older probably would still be stuck in Nigeria. As a result age cheating is not just rife be essentially necessary.

Bring honest about your age may reduce your value before you even get an opportunity to show your worth, ability and potential.

European football recruitment managers know that African ages are unverifiable but if there is money to be made they do not care.

All these our teenage stars would probably find it a lot more difficult if they were in thier early to mid twenties.

So he is paying the price for honesty and truth. However, you know with God all things are possible. He may still get an opportunity, football is about opportunity. But he has to keep playing.

The issue with Chisom's real age is a matter of principle as I was made to understand.
His owner, a pastor and former Rangers player, Austen Igweokolo have a strong conviction that he only takes in players with their real age, that's his policy.

However, at 25 he could still very much play at the top level till age 33 which is about 8years.

An investment you can get 7-8 years of good service cannot be bad investment in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 5:21pm On May 25, 2017
No Ndidi,Ogu,Moses,Iwobi,Leon.The new invitees should make proper use of this chance because we re facing a strong opposition without our stars.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:23pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:
You've said it, my brother. Too many loopholes in the whole story, jare. I think some of these guys only develop interest in Nigeria when they are ignored by England.

Take the case of Dominic Iorfa instance, last year, his dad declared that he would not rep Naija. Fast forward a few months later, Iorfa was dump on the bench by his club, the same man (his dad) cried out that he was only being punished by his coach because he chose Nigeria over England. And now, the same player is getting an invite to England U-21.

Strange days....

O pari

Tammy and Iorfa representing England under 21 was expected. It does not mean they will not play for 9ja.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:29pm On May 25, 2017
Take it from me, now that Nigeria has broadcasted their interest on Tammy, England would try to cap him first unless Nigeria can cap him within the next 1 year. They are still fuming over the loss of Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi, and Wilfred Zahar.

O pari

tbaba1234:

Tammy and Iorfa representing England under 21 was expected. It does not mean they will not play for 9ja.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:35pm On May 25, 2017
show me the list in camp now, and I will circle out a handful that we would like to test. Remember we also have Togo friendly if i'm right

Icon79:
I agree that it isn't a must win, especially since the game isn't even gonna affect our FIFA rankings. However, my concern is that many of the players we'd like to test are not in available either (Noah Bazee, Isaac Success, Osimeh, Kayode, Aina, etc.)

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:42pm On May 25, 2017
Problem with parents generally is they always live in the past. Only if some can look to the future and realize their days are not necessarily like ours. Today foreign born players stand a better chance having a long career with Nigeria. You cannot use your judgement of how u were treated by Nigeria in the past, and think your child will experience the same (papa Torunarigha and Lorfa in mind).

Icon79:

Strange days....

O pari

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:42pm On May 25, 2017
maidaboi:
very funny Nigerians full nairaland. Some of them no even sabi se Rohr be our coach and de must make comment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:43pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

Very Funny. You want Baba too to enter pitch.

Don't worry I'm sure atleast 18 of those guys called up will be available for the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:58pm On May 25, 2017
maidaboi:
Don't mind them. This backyard here is like an Oasis, it's the place for informative and matured gist about the super eagles. Most front page threads on the Super Eagles are usually watery. No excitement, no spirit. Most of the commenters there are mere dilletantes, not hardboiled fans like you'd find here.

Nobody here has berated Rohr or the NFF for organising the friendly against Corsica. Compare it to time past when we'd go throughout the year without a single friendly for the Super eagles. Rohr utilised his contacts with Corsica, squeezed in a friendly with them and the players (in good numbers and on time) are in camp despite finishing off a strenuous season yet people complain. They'd rather want us to play France, Germany, Spain etc. The thing pain me I just somberly left the thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:06pm On May 25, 2017
Icon79:

O pari

We don't have a full team yet but we do have a full squad. 16 players are in camp - they played 8 aside this morning with Iheanacho, Muazzam and Onyekuru being the leading lights. So I think we are good to go. I find the commitment of this players a soothing tonic compared to the past. Though Ahmed Musa has fallen down the pecking order and given he's just married he's in camp on schedule. I commend their commitment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:16pm On May 25, 2017
OK. Good to know but are you 100% sure that we have a full squad?

Who would partner Ekong in the Center Back?
Who would play the anchor role (#4 DM)?
What about RB?

I think we're still missing bits and pieces of the team, unless we decide to play people in the wrong positions.
Let's hope I am wrong tho.

O pari

Mujtahida:

We don't have a full team yet but we do have a full squad. 16 players are in camp - they played 8 aside this morning with Iheanacho, Muazzam and Onyekuru being the leading lights. So I think we are good to go. I find the commitment of this players a soothing tonic compared to the past. Though Ahmed Musa has fallen down the pecking order and given he's just married he's in camp on schedule. I commend their commitment.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2017
Ol' boy, wetin you wan mek I tok now grin

O pari

AIG07:
Very Funny. You want Baba too to enter pitch.

Don't worry I'm sure atleast 18 of those guys called up will be available for the match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2017
True tok.

I think some of these folks should speak with Gabriel Agholanhor.

O pari

Joebie:
Problem with parents generally is they always live in the past. Only if some can look to the future and realize their days are not necessarily like ours. Today foreign born players stand a better chance having a long career with Nigeria. You cannot use your judgement of how u were treated by Nigeria in the past, and think your child will experience the same (papa Torunarigha and Lorfa in mind).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (971) (972) (973) (974) (975) (976) (977) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), Hanibal(m), Sugarboyy(m), elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.