Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,176 members, 7,864,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950642 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) (11042) (11043) (11044) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 1:17am On Aug 11, 2021
Obafemi Martins and Bartholomew Ogbechie deservesa callup now!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 3:04am On Aug 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Al Ahly have signed Percy Tau from Brighton.
Down d radar

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:56am On Aug 11, 2021
zuchyblink:
Ndidi's problem is that he was born in Nigeria. His age is in doubt

Disagreed. Tell yourself the truth. We can agree Nacho was kept on the bench for a while probably because he was African , but Ndidi had played every minute of the season yet no offers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:00am On Aug 11, 2021
sheyishemba:
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't mind that stupid and bigoted fellow people like him are hypocrite does he even have a buisness in Nigeria?? despite the fact I earn in hard currency and invest in Nigeria...you need to crazy amount I lose every year...even dangote right now is running into debt check the FP
I don’t think there is anywhere in my post that I mentioned your name.
Why are so triggered?
I posted a statement from one of the brightest brains in the world, analyzing investment opportunities in tech in Nigeria.
What idiots like you see as challenges, sound minds see it as an opportunity to invest.
Tech startups are making crazy money in Nigeria despite all the obstacles you listed.
Guys are learning Python, Javascript, Node JS, etc in the same Nigeria.
If indeed you are an entrepreneur as you claim, you suppose to see the post as an opportunity to consider investing in tech.
However, your statement shows exactly why you are losing a crazy amount of money every year in your so-called business.
How can you manage a business when you can't even write a clear and comprehensible statement?
It shows you are not organized!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Banuso99: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2021
Nigeria-eligible forward Noni Madueke gives an update on his international future

PSV Eindhoven forward, Noni Madueke has dropped a hint on the country he wishes to represent. The youngster was born to Nigerian parents in England, making him eligible to represent either of the two countries.

The PSV ace has been the subject of many transfer talks this summer, and it is no surprise considering his sensational record of 13 goals and seven assists since breaking into the first team at The Phillips Stadion.

His club career hasn’t been the only thing in question, however, as he hasn’t openly stated the country he would represent on the international stage.

All that looks to have come to an end as the former Tottenham prodigy has stated his desire to emulate the likes of Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho by playing in the Euros and the World Cup.

Speaking to the Sun, the forward stated his belief in his ability to break into the England squad.

“I’m very confident in myself. In my head, there’s no limits to what I can do.”

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future. But I will always back my ability.”
He also stated his desire to represent England at the next World Cup in Qatar.
“You never know how football goes. I try to take every day as it comes. My bread and butter is my club.”

“If I’m winning games with my club, if I could be at the World Cup in 15 months, it would be great.”

Madueke has played for England at youth level, and with the spectacular ability that he has shown in the last two years, it would only take a matter of time before he gets the call up to represent England.

He has never stated his desire to represent Nigeria.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/08/nigeria-eligible-forward-noni-madueke-gives-an-update-on-his-international-future.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 6:50am On Aug 11, 2021
Banuso99:
Nigeria-eligible forward Noni Madueke gives an update on his international future

PSV Eindhoven forward, Noni Madueke has dropped a hint on the country he wishes to represent. The youngster was born to Nigerian parents in England, making him eligible to represent either of the two countries.

The PSV ace has been the subject of many transfer talks this summer, and it is no surprise considering his sensational record of 13 goals and seven assists since breaking into the first team at The Phillips Stadion.

His club career hasn’t been the only thing in question, however, as he hasn’t openly stated the country he would represent on the international stage.

All that looks to have come to an end as the former Tottenham prodigy has stated his desire to emulate the likes of Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho by playing in the Euros and the World Cup.

Speaking to the Sun, the forward stated his belief in his ability to break into the England squad.

“I’m very confident in myself. In my head, there’s no limits to what I can do.”

“I don’t know what’s going to happen in the future. But I will always back my ability.”
He also stated his desire to represent England at the next World Cup in Qatar.
“You never know how football goes. I try to take every day as it comes. My bread and butter is my club.”

“If I’m winning games with my club, if I could be at the World Cup in 15 months, it would be great.”

Madueke has played for England at youth level, and with the spectacular ability that he has shown in the last two years, it would only take a matter of time before he gets the call up to represent England.

He has never stated his desire to represent Nigeria.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/08/nigeria-eligible-forward-noni-madueke-gives-an-update-on-his-international-future.html
Issorite. CASE CLOSED.
Next stop. Olise.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2021
fabyom:

don’t think there is anywhere in my post that I mentioned your name.
Why are so triggered?
I posted a statement from one of the brightest brains in the world, analyzing investment opportunities in tech in Nigeria.
What idiots like you see as challenges, sound minds see it as an opportunity to invest.
Tech startups are making crazy money in Nigeria despite all the obstacles you listed.
If indeed you are an entrepreneur as you claim, you suppose to see the post as an opportunity to consider investing in tech.
However, your statement shows exactly why you are losing a crazy amount of money every year in your so-called business.
How can you manage a business when you can't even write a clear and comprehensible statement?

I can how pained you're
I gave a balanced view of a stupid assertion you made

@ d bolded which stupid money are you talking about..you talking as if you have at least 4 IT companies in every state in Nigeria...many graduate of computer science are finding it damn difficult in this particular industry...their is particular nairalander here sla.womirr he is a graduate of computer science UNIBEN after some much struggle in the industry now he is now a Yahoo do you know how many sla.womirr are there on street that's even someone that did all this tech stuffs at an advanced level...go to the programming and webmasters section on nairaland see people begging for freelancing jobs so they could survive...whats has your government to create an enabling environment for this people has there been loan, has their creation of more IT companies ( in a particular country that's doesn't even have the data of it citizens) , is there room for foreign investors in this particular industry...many people doing well in this industry in Nigeria are Nigerians who left Nigeria for greener pastures and now back to the country to develop this sector...flutterwaves is a perfect example...the developing sector is a struggling sector in Nigeria most Nigeria programmers are on Fiverr, upwork, e.t.c begging for jobs everyday, the stupid image the country has are even making it more difficult for this people to make their mark in the industry.

I met someone here on Nairaland sometimes ago she studied in computer science in Ghana and was telling how companies and tech firms were offering jobs to her..I was shocked most of her colleagues here are totally jobless are you telling those people are useless and less talented no!!! The country failed them.
I agree to the fact people are making in this tech industry but 9 out of 10 making it in this industry are Nigerians in diaspora which agboola happened to be one of them...the tech industry in Nigeria is trash and nothing to write home about.

Now to my business well I think it depends on what I define as loss I might make an investment of 20million and naturally am bound to make 5 million (-tax and other expenses)due to your poor infrastructure I might make just 2 million, to me that's loss I mean big loss not due to the fact am not up and running or lazy no!!! Dangote is running at loss recently and might be forced to sell the refinery he is building and I bet with you it due to the effect of the covid and what's dangote is losing in Nigeria is much more that's what he is losing in other country nah for Nigeria dangote dey buy car for police nah same Nigeria he dey take care of staff wey get road accident...how many time have your heard dangote trailer get accident for ghana or other country...your assertions are trash and incorrigible

Ciaos.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:13am On Aug 11, 2021
do4luv14:

And had we find the right combination yet, or how close are we to finding it, with Rohr in charge,

You must understand club football is all about synergy, communication, and movements, and they always find the right combination, due to the time they spend together as a unite,

But national team, is a whole level on its own
You have a point. But a good coach will look at club form and the players personal attribute to field the right combination.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2021
I will not say anything to derail but the bold grin grin grin grin

sheyishemba:

I can how pained you're
I gave a balanced view of a stupid assertion you made

@ d bolded which stupid money are you talking about..you talking as if you have at least 4 IT companies in every state in Nigeria...many graduate of computer science are finding it damn difficult in this particular industry...their is particular nairalander here sla.womirr he is a graduate of computer science UNIBEN after some much struggle in the industry now he is now a Yahoo do you know how many sla.womirr are there on street that's even someone that did all this tech stuffs at an advanced level...go to the programming and webmasters section on nairaland see people begging for freelancing jobs so they could survive...whats has your government to create an enabling environment for this people has there been loan, has their creation of more IT companies ( in a particular country that's doesn't even have the data of it citizens) , is there room for foreign investors in this particular industry...many people doing well in this industry in Nigeria are Nigerians who left Nigeria for greener pastures and now back to the country to develop this sector...flutterwaves is a perfect example...the developing sector is a struggling sector in Nigeria most Nigeria programmers are on Fiverr, upwork, e.t.c begging for jobs everyday, the stupid image the country has are even making it more difficult for this people to make their mark in the industry.

I met someone here on Nairaland sometimes ago she studied in computer science in Ghana and was telling how companies and tech firms were offering jobs to her..I was shocked most of her colleagues here are totally jobless are you telling those people are useless and less talented no!!! The country failed them.
I agree to the fact people are making in this tech industry but 9 out of 10 making it in this industry are Nigerians in diaspora which agboola happened to be one of them...the tech industry in Nigeria is trash and nothing to write home about.

Now to my business well I think it depends on what I define as loss I might make an investment of 20million and naturally am bound to make 5 million (-tax and other expenses)due to your poor infrastructure I might make just 2 million, to me that's loss I mean big loss not due to the fact am not up and running or lazy no!!! Dangote is running at loss recently and might be forced to sell the refinery he is building and I bet with you it due to the effect of the covid and what's dangote is losing in Nigeria is much more that's what he is losing in other country nah for Nigeria dangote dey buy car for police nah same Nigeria he dey take care of staff wey get road accident...how many time have your heard dangote trailer get accident for ghana or other country...your assertions are trash and incorrigible

Ciaos.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Samueltemi337:
iwobi would Excel in Italy

that Atalanta team would suit him
I said this last year

and it seems it gonna come to pass

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mank1234(m): 8:31am On Aug 11, 2021
Most of those tech guys raised their seed funds in US. How many average Nigerians have access to raised funds there.
How much venture fund can you raise in Nigeria? Point me to one here.

fabyom:

Why are so triggered?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2021
Brentford has signed Terem Moffi's strike partner Yoane Wissa

This would be the best time to leave

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
The South African Messi? No na, check again, it should be Barcelona cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 8:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Scottish giants, Celtic and Rangers are interested in signing Nigerian midfielder Bright Osayi-Samuel away from Fenerbahce. Reports from Fanatik state that Fenerbahce are willing to offload the forward and, as such, would readily reduce their asking price. Fenerbahce are now understood to have dropped their former valuation of €5m and are asking for €3m for the former Blackpool man. The 21-year-old has struggled to make an impact at the Istanbul based side since he joined from QPR in last season’s winter transfer window. And even though Osayi-Samuel has spent just six months of his four and half years contract, the Yellow Canaries don’t mind letting him go. It is not the first time both teams would go after the nimble-footed forward, as reports from Glasgowtimes earlier this year stated that both clubs were interested in Osayi-Samuel when he was still at QPR. A move to Rangers will see Osayi link up with Joe Aribo and Leon Balogun, who are currently with the club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:51am On Aug 11, 2021
Subzero047:
Brentford has signed Terem Moffi's strike partner Yoane Wissa

This would be the best time to leave

Would Lorient let this happen though? If Moffi leaves as well, they’re gonna be battling relegation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2021
Ppogbae:

Would Lorient let this happen though? If Moffi leaves as well, they’re gonna be battling relegation

They're going to be battling relegation without Wissa, it is better to leave now while his stock is high
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2021
Ppogbae:

With both they would be battling relegation let alone just one.....except they have signed another Moffi undercover!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

From Africa to Europe, then back to Africa,
BTW isn't Shakes the coach of Al Ahly??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2021
do4luv14:

From Africa to Europe, then back to Africa,
BTW isn't Shakes the coach of Al Ahly??

Pitso his former coach at the Sundowns in South Africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:06am On Aug 11, 2021
mostob:
You have a point. But a good coach will look at club form and the players personal attribute to field the right combination.

Bros, there is nothing like a good coach anymore, and if we go by club form to pick our players, then be ready for a woeful outing, cause it will take time to gel, and function as a unit,

Secondly, why do you think clubs buy players, even when they had a very sound and good Academy

I put it to you, if national team will be given to nod to sign players, as club side do, even a coach in Shrunken will dazzle the world with the players he will sign

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2021
Nigerian players better move now that the transfer window is open, not when it's closed we will be hearing Inter Milan wants Simy, Tottenham and Inter battle for Mukairu, Lyon desperate for Onuachu, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid go head to head for chukwueze, Real Madrid wants Ndidi, Chelsea wants Iheanacho, Dortmund wants Moffi, and the rest of those imaginary speculations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Pitso his former coach at the Sundowns in South Africa

Wow..... No wonder, anyway good for him,

But that's a downgrade, from Belgium, to England, to AI Ahly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 10:56am On Aug 11, 2021
lloydtruth:
Nigerian players better move now that the transfer window is open, not when it's closed we will be hearing Inter Milan wants Simy, Tottenham and Inter battle for Mukairu, Lyon desperate for Onuachu, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid go head to head for chukwueze, Real Madrid wants Ndidi, Chelsea wants Iheanacho, Dortmund wants Moffi, and the rest of those imaginary speculations.

Shey you go pay their transport fee?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2021
lloydtruth:

Lol grin grin...na true,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 11:18am On Aug 11, 2021
JayromWrites:

Shey you go pay their transport fee?
I am ready to pay so far they move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2021
lloydtruth:

But Etebo and Dennis dun move to help drag Watford back to the championship nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2021
ChrisKels:

But Etebo and Dennis dun move to help drag Watford back to the championship nah

Omo if watford fAil drastically them go begin look our players with corner eye o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
grin grin

lloydtruth:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
typicalgamer:

Omo if watford fAil drastically them go begin look our players with corner eye o

I actually thought Watford was serious and ambitious until I saw them sign both Etebo and Dennis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
ChrisKels:

I actually thought Watford was serious and ambitious until I saw them sign both Etebo and Dennis
I bet on Watford to survive LOL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
maidaboi:
I bet on Watford to survive LOL

I hope they survive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
fabyom:

Why are so triggered?
Fabyom,

Though I support your stand, I slightly disagree with this. The Tech industry now is like Oil and Gas. Lucrative but highly sought after. The only difference is that the former is less corrupt so the best can get in. Things are not that rosy as you might think.

Also, the fact that you're good with IT and Tech does not mean you can successfully run a startup. Thousands of startups in Nigeria are failing not because of government, but they can't pull through because they've failed business wise. Startup itself is a big risky challenge. It is business and depends on how smart, determined and entreprenurial an individual is not exactly how much technical knowledge he or she has or what the subject has learnt. You can always hire skilled people anytime you like.

Lastly, Chriskels, humility33 and the rest, abeg maka Chukwu let's stop political discussions here. Nigeria crazy but it ain't the thread. I learnt in the university that politics and religious topics should be avoided among friends. So many monikers here now with bad blood between them. I do visit this place regularly and right now I don dey tire for here sef.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) (11042) (11043) (11044) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, Philosopher1979, Ginistev, Promise47(m), Setaleonoz(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.