Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11038) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11786716 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
to he honest Nwakali and Bashiru re outsider for now. No be say na hate but I am just been sincere

I think the emergence of Alhassan and onyeka hv pushed them down the pecking order

Bashiru is just there i dont expect much from him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

I know he will likely do better but let's watch out

This one that most of our players in italy and England are in relegation bound team or struggling team fears me same with thosw in France too

true talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
to he honest Nwakali and Bashiru re outsider for now. No be say na hate but I am just been sincere

I think the emergence of Alhassan and onyeka hv pushed them down the pecking order

Bro..forget all dis imaginary ranking on ur head as far as eagles midfield is concerned,In as much as rohr is still @ d helms of affair..those players will not b invited grin..na so una put eze,ejaria,lookman etc for almost two years and of recent,d new crystal palace boy yet him no free invite dem grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Even if he replace etebo as a CM he will do better than etebo so no need to fear as regard that for now we have got Aribo ahead of etebo
Anyways lets see who does better between Onyeka and Ogenekaro, it's just a matter of days for season to start.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:

In my book, Bashir is a better player than Ejaria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
My super eagles 23 man squad to next afcon

Goal keepers
Maduka okoye- Sparta rotherdam
Francis uzoho- Apolo nicosia
Noble John - enyimba

Defenders
Troost ekong- watford
Ola aina- torino
Leon Balogun- Glasgow rangers
Zaidu sanusi- FC Porto
Kevin Akpoguma- hoffenheim
Chidozie awaziem- boavista
Kenneth omeruo- leganes

Midfielders
Wilfred ndidi- leicester
Joe aribo- Glasgow rangers
Alhassan Yusuf- royal antwep
Frank onyeka- brentford
Oghenekaro etebo- watford

Forwards
Victor osimehn- napoli
Samuel chukwueze- villarael
Kelechi Iheanacho- leicester
Moses Simon- nantes
Terem Moffi- Lorient
Alex iwobi- Everton
Samuel kalu- bordeux

If olise and lookman comes through I will use both to replace etebo and kalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Danielnino00:

Ewo ni Jefe ? grin
Just call him ogbeni or alaye grin
grin Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

I know he will likely do better but let's watch out

This one that most of our players in italy and England are in relegation bound team or struggling team fears me same with thosw in France too

I like that they are there instead of Turkey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Bashiru is just there i dont expect much from him

Bashiru is very good, he was almost breaking into Watford's first team before his horrendous injury
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Anyways lets see who does better between Onyeka and Ogenekaro, it's just a matter of days for season to start.

Yes bro a matter of days and weeks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Subzero047:

Bashiru is very good, he was almost breaking into Watford's first team before his horrendous injury

Okay I have never really been impressed by his plays
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
Subzero047:

I like that they are there instead of Turkey
Yeah sure it is better than the league filled with tired unskilled legs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Bia this abia state man lemme ooooo I dey post news as I see online cheesy

So that man is from Abia and not Enugu

Interesting grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Goal keepers
Francis uzoho- Apolo nicosian
Noble John - enyimba

Defenders
Troost ekong- watford
Ola aina- torino
Zaidu sanusi- FC Porto
Kenneth omeruo- leganes

Midfielders
Wilfred ndidi- leicester
Frank onyeka- brentford

Forwards
Victor osimehn- napoli
Moses Simon- nantes
Terem Moffi- Lorient
Alex iwobi- Everton
Samuel kalu- bordeux

What about Ebuehi,

And remove John Noble, put Delete Adeyeye, who plays in Israel

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Goal keepers
Francis uzoho- Apolo nicosia
Noble John - enyimba

Defenders
Troost ekong- watford
Ola aina- torino
Zaidu sanusi- FC Porto
Kenneth omeruo- leganes

Midfielders
Wilfred ndidi- leicester
Frank onyeka- brentford

Forwards
Victor osimehn- napoli
Moses Simon- nantes
Terem Moffi- Lorient
Alex iwobi- Everton
Samuel kalu- bordeux

Where is Ebeuhi? Drop Omeruo for Ebeuhi. I really don't rate Moses Simon to be honest, if Lookman makes it, I will drop Simon. If not Ejuke is just fine.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Okay I have never really been impressed by his plays

Wow he's good, all round midfielder he can carry the ball, create, shoot he's my next best thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
humility33:

Some of us here have never been to the core north to see naked and stalked poverty at sway

The Niger Delta region has the 3rd largest oil wells in the world and at the same time the poorest oil producing region in the world

Nigeria is credited to have the highest infant mortality rates in the world, has records of more road crashes than any where else in the world. Over 70% of Nigerians earn less than 1 Dollar per day and thats a large number from a population of 211M people

The standard of living in Nigeria is abysmal it is gross delusional to say Nigeria is doing better than Cape Verde that is wasting no time to even deport nigerians on sight in their country.

To the best of my Knowledge this is false. can you prove it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Anayo Iwuala out!! On to Tunisia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHsp1HmDPA

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

CharlesEmeka your man beat you to this report grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
2lola:

To the best of my Knowledge this is false. can you prove it?

I read it from an FRSC chief in one of the dailies
Let me search

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/highways-of-death-28195-killed-in-road-accidents-in-68-months/

My badt Nigeria has one of the highest number of road accidents in the world not necessarily the highest in the world
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChrisKels:

CharlesEmeka your man beat you to this report grin
this one follow 4 move? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:34am On Aug 10, 2021
Guys are cashing out while some people refer to themselves as Animals. To them, Nigeria is a zoo. To us it is a land of immense opportunities. If you know you know.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:37am On Aug 10, 2021
fabyom:
Guys are cashing out while some people refer to themselves as Animals. To them, Nigeria is a zoo. To us it is a land of immense opportunities. If you know you know.

Technology bro.. technology....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:09am On Aug 10, 2021
fabyom:

A land of immense opportunities, yet you dun japa? See Fabyom I know you may not like my stance on this contraption masquerading as a country, but imagine what would have been if things were done the right way. You wanna justify the rot in the system with this little achievement? Yes it is a little achievement because this is just one person making it out of a million of others who have tried and failed because things aren't done the right way. Yes I called this country a zoo, because it is being governed as one. My villa prime minister will always tell us not to be deluded because when only one person is making it big out of about 10 others from the community, that the community is a total failure, and we as a community should be ashamed of ourselves. If only you have an idea the number of talents this cesspit has destroyed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:15am On Aug 10, 2021
do4luv14:

Attacking midfielders, midfield Libero
Bro..football is now about synergy, communication and movements. Pure AM like Ozil no dey again. Once you find the right midfield combination, forget about AM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:16am On Aug 10, 2021
humility33:

This players you mentioned are average likewise many of the foreign born we clamour for too

Sense demands we harness both for our optimum benefit
True...I'm just surprised that despite all the FB talks, the spine of our current team is made up of HGs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

any good videos or pictures on the current state of the national stadiums in Lagos and Abuja ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2021
fabyom:

Am actually short of word cos I expect more intellectually quite unfortunate though.

If we are to go by this logic then perphaps Nigeria is the richest country in the world grin cos the richest man in Africa is a Nigerian,the richest pastor et al like...most Nigerian ain't talking about wealth they actually begging the govt for an enabling society they can showcase talent and skills...Sam Jain founder of fare portal started his company with $4000 sourced from credit card now worth multi billion dollars...you think an average Nigerian doesn't have a buisness concept that's will worth billions of naira in the nearest future common where are they going to see the capital to start off...do you know the hell an average Nigerian face before he could get a bank loan yet he will pay ridiculous interest at the end of the day,during the covid 19 that there were lock down there were alot loans they were give to the USA citizen to get back on their feet and at the moment the loan is still going on and people are benefiting I bet you won't wanna to know how many buisness that has ruin as a result of covid 19 in Nigeria what are the government provision for this; nothing!!! absolute nothing!!!...am talking about finances here don't let me tell how lack of basic infrastructure will make you run down don't let me talk about electricity, bad road, security cos it gonna be a long topic...the mumu man even mentioned flutterwaves.. flutterwaves is owned by agboola a Nigerian abroad who worked for years with PayPal before establishing his own company.

Moral lesson is I think it is very stupid to generalize cos have been to places in Nigeria that have 23 hours power supply and also been to places that there is no even an an hour power supply most people he mentioned are the few people making it big and most are not made in Nigeria I mean what's the essence of a country that I can't make it without traveling out to source for capital that's stupid and here you are celebrating mediocrity...yea I don't need to tell you how many Nigerian that are living in abject poverty...an average Nigeria can't even afford three squares meal...don't make me talk about security,health grin abegiii no talk this rubbish outside ohhhh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:54am On Aug 10, 2021
sheyishemba:

Am actually short of word cos I expect more intellectually quite unfortunate though.

If we are to go by this logic then perphaps Nigeria is the richest country in the world grin cos the richest man in Africa is a Nigerian,the richest pastor et al like...most Nigerian ain't talking about wealth they actually begging the govt for an enabling society they can showcase talent and skills...Sam Jain founder of fare portal started his company with $4000 sourced from credit card now worth multi billion dollars...you think an average Nigerian doesn't have a buisness concept that's will worth billions of naira in the nearest future common where are they going to see the capital to start off...do you know the hell an average Nigerian face before he could get a bank loan yet he will pay ridiculous interest at the end of the day,during the covid 19 that there were lock down there were alot loans they were give to the USA citizen to get back on their feet and at the moment the loan is still going on and people are benefiting I bet you won't wanna to know how many buisness that has ruin as a result of covid 19 in Nigeria what are the government provision for this; nothing!!! absolute nothing!!!...am talking about finances here don't let me tell how lack of basic infrastructure will make you run down don't let me talk about electricity, bad road, security cos it gonna be a long topic...the mumu man even mentioned flutterwaves.. flutterwaves is owned by agboola a Nigerian abroad who worked for years with PayPal before establishing his own company.

Moral lesson is I think it is very stupid to generalize cos have been to places in Nigeria that have 23 hours power supply and also been to places that there is no even an an hour power supply most people he mentioned are the few people making it big and most are not made in Nigeria I mean what's the essence of a country that I can't make it without traveling out to source for capital that's stupid and here you are celebrating mediocrity...yea I don't need to tell you how many Nigerian that are living in abject poverty...an average Nigeria can't even afford three squares meal...don't make me talk about security,health grin abegiii no talk this rubbish outside ohhhh

Don't mind him if Nigeria was so good the way he mentioned...then why did he moved to the US

Some people because they're privileged they think others are lazy.

In Nigeria the risk of doing business is on the high side, Nigeria has the highest number of female entrepreneurs in the world saw it on historyville posts and also one of the highest number of entrepreneurs in the world but rarely do this business survive because of the cost of doing business, Prior starting business in Nigeria you've to think of providing your own electricity, water supply, security etc Tony Elumelu once said that Nigeria Small and medium scale enterprises pay up to 48 different kinds of taxes annually...taxes upon taxes with nothing to show for it. The interest rate is way over 25% and in some cases you still scrabble for it and even ditch out certain percentages to the corrupt banks MD otherwise there won't be loan for you. We shouldn't even talkabout the fluctuating exchange rate

Yesterday i read the VP talking on Forbes on how Nigeria attracted 10B US dollars worth of investment within the last one year I just laugh so much lies from a government that even banned Twitter without thinking of it's repercussions on Nigerians business
cc: fabyom
Well so many negative things on Nigeri a
Let me digress or derail the thread today

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
humility33:

Don't mind him if Nigeria was so good the way he mentioned...then why did he moved to the US

Some people because they're privileged they think others are lazy.

In Nigeria the risk of doing business is on the high side, Nigeria has the highest number of female entrepreneurs in the world saw it on historyville posts and also one of the highest number of entrepreneurs in the world but rarely do this business survive because of the cost of doing business, Prior starting business in Nigeria you've to think of providing your own electricity, water supply, security etc Tony Elumelu once said that Nigeria Small and medium scale enterprises pay up to 48 different kinds of taxes annually...taxes upon taxes with nothing to show for it. The interest rate is way over 25% and in some cases you still scrabble for it and even ditch out certain percentages to the corrupt banks MD otherwise there won't be loan for you. We shouldn't even talkabout the fluctuating exchange rate

Yesterday i read the VP talking on Forbes on how Nigeria attracted 10B US dollars worth of investment within the last one year I just laugh so much lies from a government that even banned Twitter without thinking of it's repercussions on Nigerians business
cc: fabyom
Well so many negative things on Nigeri a
Let me digress or derail the thread today

Don't mind that stupid and bigoted fellow people like him are hypocrite does he even have a buisness in Nigeria?? despite the fact I earn in hard currency and invest in Nigeria...you need to crazy amount I lose every year...even dangote right now is running into debt check the FP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 10:09am On Aug 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

He is a million miles better than Iwobi.
As an AM i don't think so.
The last time Nwakali played as a 10 in GWG was pre U17 world cup and amunike had to drop him to CM where his talents can be better used.
Nwakali is a toni kroos kind of player, he is a Deep Lying Playmaker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kentebemoney: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2021
Danielnino00:

Unfortunately,we have Rohr has our manager.. Man doesn't think outside the box like that...
If you are not in camp with these guys, can't really pass judgement on the man like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11035) (11036) (11037) (11038) (11039) (11040) (11041) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.