Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,367 members, 7,864,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11954478 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11589) (11590) (11591) (11592) (11593) (11594) (11595) ... (16371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
nelszx:
Hahaha if you like camp under my mention, after tomorrow you'd gftot.
You can keep crying here, I have better things to do with my time cheesy.
Like you like Moses Simon
cheesy De there de monkey yourself
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Odunayaw:
Whatever rocks your boat man

Carry your wahala and go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
nelszx:
Hahaha if you like camp under my mention, after tomorrow you'd gftot.
You can keep crying here, I have better things to do with my time cheesy.
Like you like Moses Simon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:03am On Nov 13, 2021
minfelix:
Following some pessimistic comment here I swear to watch super eagles go tire person
-igalo (Them cry tire, not that he is a poor striker)
-we win we win them shout individual brilliance)
- we lose! coach coach coach coach coach
Abeg make them kuku close nairaland until we hear of the sack of coach so that people will rest small
Na for here I know say our country men de too pliable abeg!

I can assure you all the "I am tired of SE" blah blah is reinforced by the multitude of wailings on this thread. Reality is way different. For this my LGA, we de expect tomorrow game with passion.

All this plastic fans can sit down in the bush

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Odunayaw:
Na for here I know say our country men de too pliable abeg!

I can assure you all the "I am tired of SE" blah blah is reinforced by the multitude of wailings on this thread. Reality is way different. For this my LGA, we de expect tomorrow game with passion.

All this plastic fans can sit down in the bush

Stop crying under people's mention Iron fan.

We all have a right to our different opinions regardless.

Your tears wouldn't change any opinion. That others aren't looking forward to tomorrow's game doesn't make them any different from you (passion or otherwise).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:06am On Nov 13, 2021
make una calm down. opinions are allowed. opinions does not necessarily mean they will materialise.
I said Nigeria will not win AFCON, it doesn't mean they will not eventually. they could win, but I don't think they would win. If someone says Liberia will beat us, na the person get their mouth. It's not like it can never happen. No one would have thought CAR will beat us at home. But it happened. So let people say whatever, wetin go happen go still happen.

make we respect ourselves

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 12:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Joebie:
make una calm down. opinions are allowed. opinions does not necessarily mean they will materialise.
I said Nigeria will not win AFCON, it doesn't mean they will not eventually. they could win, but I don't think they would win. If someone says Liberia will beat us, na the person get their mouth. It's not like it can never happen. No one would have thought CAR will beat us at home. But it happened. So let people say whatever, wetin go happen go still happen.

Na so brotherly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Joebie:

Thank you jo

You don talk am finish

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Did anyone see Amaju's pep talk with the boys? He urged them to win so they can avoid Morocco and Algeria grin grin. Someone has been reading my advice here lol.

But, where's the privacy? We don't say such things out in the open grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Ppogbae:
Did anyone see Amaju's pep talk with the boys? He urged them to win so they can avoid Morocco and Algeria grin grin. Someone has been reading my advice here lol.

Tufiakwa unu. A president of an African football giant just publicly said that, he hopes we avoid Algeria, morocco and people are applauding it. It seems like rohr inferiority complex has taken over Pinnick. Also, a nigeria vs Ivory Coast will be much difficult than a Nigeria vs Tunisia or Morocco

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:37am On Nov 13, 2021
Oasis001:

I swear.... I hate what football is becoming. I am a United Fan and really dislike Bruno. Stats-wise he's doing fine for United, but guess what he loses possession anyhow.

He would make countless risky passes, and at least 1 or 2 gonna end as Assist. He barely dribbles despite playing as No. 10 for United. He barely supports the Pivot for transition from defense to attack.

He's either competing with No. 9 for Goal or trying as much as possible passes to get at least an Assist. That's not what I subscribed for in football.

When we were young, everyone wanna be called Jay Jay Okocha, only few wanna be called Rashidi Yekini. In fact number of football lovers that would prefer being called Siasia exceed those that wanna be known as Rashidi.

As I pointed out earlier, football is moving away from Hawthorn Effect to Frederick Winslow Taylor's Theory. Players are now robotic - they follow Instructions strictly. Positioning, Movement, Passing, even shooting Range.

Entertainment part of football is fading away. Guess what? Anytime I feel like getting entertained football-wise, I do make use of YouTube to see Clips of De Lima, Gaucho and Okocha.

E dey sweet my belle.... grin

Also ensure you watch clips of Ben Arfa who is probably the best dribbler of the Messi, Cr7 and Neymar era just that he mostly played for smaller teams and his finishing wasn't at Messi, Cr7 and Neymar level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:08am On Nov 13, 2021
Even if we draw tomorrow and against Cape Verde, we will qualify cos Cape Verde cannot beat CAR 3 nil!

We are winning the AFCON! In the last edition with 2 of our star players injured, we still got to the semi-final!

Player for a player, no team in Africa is better than us when all our players are available!

I watched the whole qualifiers, only Algeria's attack scares me a bit! Bennacer, Brehama, Islamini, Ounas, and Mahrez! Real quality!
Others are average!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:13am On Nov 13, 2021
See if you can find a clip of Nigeria vs Bulgaria in USA '94 I watched on Youtube just last week. I remember the commentator quoting Westerhof in that encounter.

Modified
the only team Westerhof believed could cause us problems was Brazil (the eventual winners). He believed we could beat any team.
Going forward we should only employ coaches who have a pretty good track record and can see a huge potential in Nigeria.

Ppogbae:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:14am On Nov 13, 2021
okay my brother.. I go bookmark your post wink
fabyom:
Even if we draw tomorrow and against Cape Verde, we will qualify cos Cape Verde cannot beat CAR 3 nil!

We are winning the AFCON! In the last edition with 2 of our star players injured, we still got to the semi-final!

Player for a player, no team in Africa is better than us when all our players are available!

I watched the whole qualifiers, only Algeria's attack scares me a bit! Bennacer, Brehama, Islamini, Ounas, and Mahrez! Real quality!
Others are average!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:03am On Nov 13, 2021
fabyom:

Others are average!

Feghouli Mandi are also good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:22am On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Feghouli Mandi are also good

You know the funny thing? A lot of players on that Algerian team are really good dribblers..
Yet one guy here was talking about dribblers being easily neutralised by tactically sound teams.. lol...

Algeria get dribblers and they get good coach...

The next AFCON is theirs to lose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:26am On Nov 13, 2021
Truidstar:
The man you call clueless will qualify for the next round later this evening (tomorrow for you). Stay positive brother. Peace.

Person clueless no mean say e no fit qualify for next round ,abi Na Brazil England Germany Dey our group grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Danielnino00:

You know the funny thing? A lot of players on that Algerian team are really good dribblers..
Yet one guy here was talking about dribblers being easily neutralised by tactically sound teams.. lol...

Algeria get dribblers and they get good coach...

The next AFCON is theirs to lose

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Meliforme:

I will drop my prediction when i see the lineup.

My bro Start dropping your Prediction

You sure say the line up go change from the usual one ?

I wish chukwueze will start sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Normally,our best lineup will be 4-3-3

Okoye
Aina Akpogunma Balogun Zaidu

Ndidi Onyeka/Aribo Iwobi
Ejuke Osimhen Chukwueze n

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2021
joelsteron:
We might see Musa on the left n Simon on the right then ighalo in attack. grin
the funniest thing is the coach can actually field that lineup lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Person clueless no mean say e no fit qualify for next round ,abi Na Brazil England Germany Dey our group grin
Make una no worry..e go prove all of una doubters wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:56am On Nov 13, 2021
The D-day is here already and service starts by 5pm (sharpen your harsh words and clean your book of Lamentations then check well for the chapter and verses you will be quoting) wink grin

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:25am On Nov 13, 2021
12large1:

Tufiakwa unu. A president of an African football giant just publicly said that, he hopes we avoid Algeria, morocco and people are applauding it. It seems like rohr inferiority complex has taken over Pinnick. Also, a nigeria vs Ivory Coast will be much difficult than a Nigeria vs Tunisia or Morocco

There's nothing wrong with what he said. In the 2018 WC, England and Belgium both played to lose so as to avoid a more difficult knockout round. They both started their B teams.

I applaud his wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2021
12large1:

If he says we hope to play the heavyweights people will say he is braggadicious and knows nothing about football, nothing satisfies people like you

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:34am On Nov 13, 2021
Wait, what if Osimhen gets injured before Afcon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2021
fabyom:

Others are average!
A real fan talking. Keep up the spirit bro. Few of us these days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:51am On Nov 13, 2021
fabyom:

Others are average!

Delusion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2021
Subzero047:
Wait, what if Osimhen gets injured before Afcon?
that one of the reason rohr called ighalo in case oshi baba get injured

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Englandboy:
And if they both get injured?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2021
andrewbaba44:

0 : 2.
Even though i expect more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2021
Englandboy:

Wait so we are going to pursue another Afcon with Ighalo, we are not serious grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11589) (11590) (11591) (11592) (11593) (11594) (11595) ... (16371) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tomsniel(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.