Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,591 members, 7,861,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11840) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11934861 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) (11841) (11842) (11843) ... (16346) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

there are many points in that simple question,

I asked you since you are the one you brings it up,

thank you sir

Don't tell me there are points. Make the points.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
Pinnick maybe a terrible football Administrator but his Tenure so far ain't a complete failure. Also we don't need fabricating Lies and Propaganda to tarnishing his Image.
Well said!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

You specifically mentioned 'Winter Clothes' sir. Why would NFF stoop low by responding to that crass Allegation?!

Aside from Punch, provide another reliable source that carried the Gibberish.

Hilarious. Punch is not reliable. Funny man.

Did Amunike deny the report?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
wayodude:

Facts only.

Despite a few shortcomings such a deciding on where our home games are played and late payments to coaching staff Pinnick has been good.

The influence of the NFF in CAF has certainly grown in his time. He just needs to replace Rohr with a real upgrade and get the team settled in a certain location for home games and he'll be a 9/10.

His influence in CAF how?
This one that one of either Ghana , Nigeria and Ivory coast can qualify for Continental tournament?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
fabyom:
Comparing National team football to Club footy is like night and day! With his philosophy how many trophies has he won. How many trophies has Germany National team or club won in recent times? You too dey overhype all these average coaches.

Ragnick is nothing like an average coach...

He and Marcelo Bilelsa are one of those coaches that might have not won so many trophies in their career or coached high profile teams,but they have been very influential in the game of football..
Some of the best coaches in the world today learned from them...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

From sewing torn Jersey with hand needle to wearing bathroom slippers to Airport. We no dey fear God for Naija.

Well, me no know dat one but dat weather own get as e bi. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
Laughing my fill grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I am glad you are trying to use whatever means to defend Pinnick. With no proof whatsoever. Just hide in shame. The man is a disgrace and an eyesore. He wanted them to fail but God's power is bigger than Satan's own.
So it's the job of the Nff to buy shoes for them. Interesting!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
fabyom:
So it's the job of the Nff to buy shoes for them. Interesting!

Like seriously. Did you just ask this?

No it's their Papa that will buy kits for them to go and represent Nigeria under the guidance of the NFF.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

And Pinnick was still fighting for the Olympics too. Fear God.
you are the one who should, I just raised some points,
yet you are bringing in the Olympics, so it's no longer the U17 WC

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2021
This Pinnick must be a fighter.

He left Amunike's U17 stranded because he was fighting.

Left Oliseh's CHAN boys stranded with no food, cause he was fighting.

Haba, even Siasia's Olympics boys were stranded because of he was fighting.

Anthony Joshua is learning work.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

you are the one who should, I just raised some points,

yet you are bringing in the Olympics, so it's no longer the U17 WC

You said he was fighting, that is why there was no money. We praise Pinnick for fighting the good fight. Fight that lasted until Olympics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
This Pinnick must be a fighter.

He left Amunike's U17 stranded because he was fighting.

Left Oliseh's CHAN boys stranded with no food, cause he was fighting.

Haba, even Siasia's Olympics boys were stranded because of he was fighting.

Anthony Joshua is learning work.
There was even one all African games that Siasia's boys were handwashing their Jersey to rewear for their games.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You said he was fighting, that is why there was no money. We praise Pinnick for fighting the good fight. Fight that lasted until Olympics.

see sir, I don't have strength to argue till morrow,

just this one, who was the sport minister during the Olympic game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

There was even one all African games that Siasia's boys were handwashing their Jersey to rewear for their games.

that's cos there was no kit sponsor then, our Blue fonter should as his beloved Maigari who was our kit sponsor then why did they back out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
dkay51:

Vision bawo abeg abeg abeg

Pinnick may not be the best, but he's done his bit in moving the needle forward.

He made Super Eagles a brand corporate Nigeria wanted to associate with, got all those endorsement, rectified the kit issue and got us Nike with a sensible contract and knew to demand for more when the branding issue was resolved.

I know we like to criticise as Nigerians but make we dey take am soffery. grin

The guy prefer Maigari, Maigari!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

see sir, I don't have strength to argue till morrow,

just this one, who was the sport minister during the Olympic game

Make your point.

I did not ask you questions to make mine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
do4luv14:

that's cos there was no kit sponsor then, our Blue fonter should as his beloved Maigari who was our kit sponsor then why did they back out

So Oliseh's boys did not have food because there was no food sponsor.

Maybe Nike sponsored the U17 team of Manu Garba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
Friendlies we had under Pinnick, Brazil, Argentina, England, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Mexico, Austria

Tournaments U17 - Fully sponsored
U20 - fully sponsored
U23- fully sponsored
World cup - Fully sponsored

Partnerships - Aiteo, Star Lager, Air peace, Dstv, Glo, Mtn, Coca cola, Dettol
Others- No 1 shirt sales in the world for the world cup, 8 year partnership with Nike

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
THE HARRISON JALLA PERSPECTIVE: NFF New Sponsorship Deals Translate To Nothing

Last week, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) entered into partnership with Telecommunications giant MTN and a leading brand in the Nigeria aviation industry, AIR PEACE, in Lagos.

The deals like several others run into several hundreds of millions of Naira for three years.

The NFF through President Amaju Pinnick also confirmed that other streams of sponsorship deals from different brands are on their way to the NFF coffers shortly.

Unfortunately, these deals and the expected deals lined up for the NFF will translate to nothing and will definitely add no value to Nigeria Football due to entrenched corruption, massive looting, lack of accountability and transparency.

The problem with Nigeria Football under Pinnick has nothing to do with sponsorship or funding, he has that in abundance.

Despite the huge sponsorship funds at the disposal of Pinnick, he also has this uncanny method of hanging all the hosting of the national team games on the State Governors particularly in the South South.

And these games in which huge state resources are committed by the Governors have no accounting records as funds provided don’t go through the NFF accounts.

Alhaji Aminu Maigari, former NFF President and Amaju Pinnick’s predecessor in office, was never privy to all these huge resources. He worked with limited funds from the federation account and won 12 trophies in four years without owing a backlog of bonuses and allowance to any category of the national teams.

Therefore, there is nothing really to celebrate about the so-called new NFF sponsorship deals.

They will translate to nothing because the funds will be diverted as usual to private pockets.

And all the sermonising about self-funding is balderdash.

https://www.insideglasshouse.com/2021/09/05/the-harrison-jalla-perspective-nff-new-sponsorship-deals-translate-to-nothing/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:
THE HARRISON JALLA PERSPECTIVE: NFF New Sponsorship Deals Translate To Nothing

Last week, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) entered into partnership with Telecommunications giant MTN and a leading brand in the Nigeria aviation industry, AIR PEACE, in Lagos.

The deals like several others run into several hundreds of millions of Naira for three years.

The NFF through President Amaju Pinnick also confirmed that other streams of sponsorship deals from different brands are on their way to the NFF coffers shortly.

Unfortunately, these deals and the expected deals lined up for the NFF will translate to nothing and will definitely add no value to Nigeria Football due to entrenched corruption, massive looting, lack of accountability and transparency.

The problem with Nigeria Football under Pinnick has nothing to do with sponsorship or funding, he has that in abundance.

Despite the huge sponsorship funds at the disposal of Pinnick, he also has this uncanny method of hanging all the hosting of the national team games on the State Governors particularly in the South South.

And these games in which huge state resources are committed by the Governors have no accounting records as funds provided don’t go through the NFF accounts.

Alhaji Aminu Maigari, former NFF President and Amaju Pinnick’s predecessor in office, was never privy to all these huge resources. He worked with limited funds from the federation account and won 12 trophies in four years without owing a backlog of bonuses and allowance to any category of the national teams.

Therefore, there is nothing really to celebrate about the so-called new NFF sponsorship deals.

They will translate to nothing because the funds will be diverted as usual to private pockets.

And all the sermonising about self-funding is balderdash.

https://www.insideglasshouse.com/2021/09/05/the-harrison-jalla-perspective-nff-new-sponsorship-deals-translate-to-nothing/

This one don dey bring people's opinions as facts, so the friendlies played abroad na state governors sponsored them too abi grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
Subzero047:

This one don dey bring people's opinions as facts, so the friendlies played abroad na state governors sponsored them too abi grin

Where did you see facts there? It is an interesting article and I like his take on the situation and I posted it.

The question is,

Is NFF under Pinnick accountable and transparent?

Is there proof of diversion of funds despite huge funding from sponsors?

With all the huge sponsorship he has been jumping up and down, is there a transparent breakdown of the funding.

These are the things I will watch out for in recent years. The author made his point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Subzero047:

His point is simple. The sponsorships have translated to nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Where did you see facts there? It is an interesting article and I like his take on the situation and I posted it.

The question is,

Is NFF under Pinnick accountable and transparent?

Is there proof of diversion of funds despite huge funding from sponsors?

With all the huge sponsorship he has been jumping up and down, is there a transparent breakdown of the funding.

These are the things I will watch out for in recent years. The author made his point.

If you want an account of their spendings you ask them for an audit not forming conspiracy theories, has any NFF board made a public accounting of funds or is it just because you hate Pinnick? By the way I like how you are jumping from incompetent to not accountable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

His point is simple. The sponsorships have translated to nothing.

Maybe we prosecuted our friendlies, tournaments and player welfare with thin air

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Subzero047:

If you want an account of their spendings you ask them for an audit not forming conspiracy theories, has any NFF board made a public accounting of funds or is it just because you hate Pinnick? By the way I like how you are jumping from incompetent to not accountable

The author made his point very clear. Aminu Maigari spent his funds through the Federation accounts. So it could he tracked. This Pinnick's own have funds that do not pass through the account which promotes corruption through diversion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
grin

Uncle Joe accused me of using Google to tackle him, yet Baba go pull out unknown gunmen source to counter FACTS!!!

Which one be inside glass house tori olohun? Hope we ain't gonna see inside aso rock as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
Subzero047:

Accountability has a lot to do with competency.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The author made his point very clear. Aminu Maigari spent his funds through the Federation accounts. So it could he tracked. This Pinnick's own have funds that do not pass through the account which promotes corruption through diversion.

Funny way of saying Maigari is dependent on the federal government and Pinnick isn't, did you track Maigari's spendings or you just want to keep embarrassing yourself

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
grin

Uncle Joe accused me of using Google to tackle him, yet Baba go pull out unknown gunmen source to counter FACTS!!!

Which one be inside glass house tori olohun? Hope we ain't gonna see inside aso rock as well.

Just said you cried when I pointed it out. I know it pains. cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
grin

The guy just pulls up people's opinion like it will somehow invalidate my opinion grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Subzero047:

Funny way of saying Maigari is dependent on the federal government and Pinnick isn't, did you track Maigari's spendings or you just want to keep embarrassing yourself

Maybe you don't understand what spending from Federation account means. It follows due process. It goes through a series of checks before allocation and spending.

Even the release does not come in bulk and takes a series of signatures.

There is a file that will have history of application for money, the budget and the release.

What is the use of self funding if it translates to nothing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) (11841) (11842) (11843) ... (16346) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m), Subzerooo, Kog45(m), Eawwal(m), KpagoGIN(m), Mujtahida, Napoleon55(m), mekabuachi, yinkeys(m), Goke7, Giv3n, Odunayaw(m), skallion7(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.