Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11789999 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) ... (16196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

.... and you'd believe they used hand needle to sew their torn Jerseys?! Can you remind me at least a Match where one of the Players had his Jersey torn?

For Christ's sake, those guys went without kits, winter coats, and wore slippers to board the plane for the competition.

In a sane society, Pinnick should have stepped down after that Disasterclass.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

.... and will you know if really they sew their torn Jersey with needle? None of the Players ever talked about it.

I will listen to a renowned journalist unless proven otherwise.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

For Christ's sake, those guys went without kits, winter coats, and wore slippers to board the plane for the competition.

In a sane society, Pinnick should have stepped down after that Disasterclass.

grin

There is no need to digress bro. Did they really sew their 'torn' Jersey with hand needle?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I will listen to a renowned journalist unless proven otherwise.

cheesy

Even if he's lying?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

There is no need to digress bro. Did they really sew their 'torn' Jersey with hand needle?

The journalist has told you. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are just dragging the point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Pinnick maybe a terrible football Administrator but his Tenure so far ain't a complete failure. Also we don't need fabricating Lies and Propaganda to tarnishing his Image.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy

Even if he's lying?

Lying to gain what?

You have no proof he is lying. You are just trying to paint the journalist black to hang him.

Those guys did not even have proper casual footwear. Amunike had to train the team with a plain shirt under the cold to keep them motivated.

Just accept the shame and stop trying to defend the indefensible.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

The journalist has told you. Unless you can prove otherwise, you are just dragging the point.

grin

Journalist? LMAO! Did he attend the Competition live? Was he part of the Team's Media Crew?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Cameroon releases 40 man afcon squad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Lying to gain what?

You have no proof he is lying. You are just trying to paint the journalist black to hang him.

Those guys did not even have proper casual footwear. Amunike had to train the team with a plain shirt under the cold to keep them motivated.

Just accept the shame and stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Proof
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:
Pinnick maybe a terrible football Administrator but his Tenure so far ain't a complete failure. Also we don't need fabricating Lies and Propaganda to tarnishing his Image.

Lord eh!! Look at defense.

The man so far has been a disaster. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Journalist? LMAO! Did he attend the Competition live? Was he part of the Team's Media Crew?!

So you do not know media follows the team to the competition and back. Like really you do not know that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So you do not know media follows the team to the competition and back. Like really you do not know that.

Is your Journalist part of the Crew? Simple Question.

Didn't know na Aba Made Nike Jersey dem carry go the Tourney. No wonder he dey tear tear anyhow..... LMFAO!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Lord eh!! Look at defense.

The man so far has been a disaster. grin

How?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

Proof

We went to Chile World Cup with slippers, no kits – Amuneke

Former Super Eagles assistant coach Emmanuel Amuneke has opened up on the challenges the Golden Eaglets went through before their victory at the U-17 World Cup in Chile in 2015.

Amuneke led the Eaglets to their fifth U-17 victory to become the most successful team at the tournament ahead of Brazil, who have won the title four times.

Speaking on PUNCH Online interview programme, Kick&Follow, where football stars discuss topical issues in Nigerian football, the former Tanzania national team coach revealed that his team left the shores of the country without proper kits for the tournament.

“I knew what I went through with the U-17 at the World Cup we went to in Chile but I am somebody who doesn’t come out to blame others for his failures.

“We went to the World Cup in Chile without kits but we were able to manage the whole scenario.

“As a coach and leader, it is never my way to transmit negative thoughts to my players. We got to Chile and we didn’t even have winter shirts and it was very cold. I was very worried as a coach because if the players got sick how do we get the job done.

“Luckily from the embassy they brought in some clothes for the players to at least have something to keep them warm. The boys kept training because they were determined.

Nobody believed that we were going to win; some even said the players were not good enough.

“We left Nigeria wearing slippers and at the airport, I remembered an immigration officer asked if these were the players representing Nigeria. Things were worse in Chile because there were no cloth to keep us warm and it was very cold and I asked what we were going to do.

“The money that FIFA gave the players which was $100 each, I collected it from the players with the team secretary and we bought some clothes for the players to keep them warm because that was the only thing we could do as at that time.

“But I wore just a t-shirt and if you check all the pictures in training during the tournament I wore just a green and black shirt under the cold weather because I had to transmit confidence into the players.”

He added, “The players even came to tell me before our game against Brazil that the Brazilians were laughing at them because they were not dressed properly. I said to them that they had to laugh at them on the pitch the next day and the only way they can do that is by beating them.”

https://punchng.com/we-went-to-chile-world-cup-with-slippers-no-kits-amuneke/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

Is your Journalist part of the Crew? Simple Question.

Didn't know na Aba Made Nike Jersey dem carry go the Tourney. No wonder he dey tear tear anyhow..... LMFAO!

You think you are being funny but you are displaying so much ignorance on the matter. Just leave it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
grin

Pinnick is disaster yet we've not failed to qualify for World Cup since he assumes Office.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

You think you are being funny but you are displaying so much ignorance on the matter. Just leave it.

grin

Rest with your Propaganda bro. You want Amuneke to replace Rohr... cool. But limit your Lies or Propaganda against Pinnick.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
You guys should understand that the way that Amunike's U17 and Siasia's Olympics team were poorly treated was a deliberate plan. No one can be that incompetent. The NFF has been preparing for competitions for years and the basics are already laid down.

It is just a case of picking a list and providing for it.

There were guys in that glass house that wanted those guys to fail. Unfortunately, the determination of those teams soared high. Since then, I doubt we have flown that high again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Former Super Eagles assistant coach Emmanuel Amuneke has opened up on the challenges the Golden Eaglets went through before their victory at the U-17 World Cup in Chile in 2015.

Amuneke led the Eaglets to their fifth U-17 victory to become the most successful team at the tournament ahead of Brazil, who have won the title four times.

Speaking on PUNCH Online interview programme, Kick&Follow, where football stars discuss topical issues in Nigerian football, the former Tanzania national team coach revealed that his team left the shores of the country without proper kits for the tournament.

“I knew what I went through with the U-17 at the World Cup we went to in Chile but I am somebody who doesn’t come out to blame others for his failures.

“We went to the World Cup in Chile without kits but we were able to manage the whole scenario.

“As a coach and leader, it is never my way to transmit negative thoughts to my players. We got to Chile and we didn’t even have winter shirts and it was very cold. I was very worried as a coach because if the players got sick how do we get the job done.

“Luckily from the embassy they brought in some clothes for the players to at least have something to keep them warm. The boys kept training because they were determined.

Nobody believed that we were going to win; some even said the players were not good enough.

“We left Nigeria wearing slippers and at the airport, I remembered an immigration officer asked if these were the players representing Nigeria. Things were worse in Chile because there were no cloth to keep us warm and it was very cold and I asked what we were going to do.

“The money that FIFA gave the players which was $100 each, I collected it from the players with the team secretary and we bought some clothes for the players to keep them warm because that was the only thing we could do as at that time.

“But I wore just a t-shirt and if you check all the pictures in training during the tournament I wore just a green and black shirt under the cold weather because I had to transmit confidence into the players.”

He added, “The players even came to tell me before our game against Brazil that the Brazilians were laughing at them because they were not dressed properly. I said to them that they had to laugh at them on the pitch the next day and the only way they can do that is by beating them.”

cheesy cheesy cheesy

.... and you believe this nonsense?! Ain't we Nigerians again for God's sake! No sane Nigerian would go to Airport with Bathroom Slippers.

Let's be honest here. If any of your Brothers was among the Lads, would you let him leave for the Journey with Bathroom Slippers?

Common.... rest with your unnecessary, crass Agenda.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

This is why I don't break my head for the Super Eagles. I just watch ones in a while.

A winger that couldn’t score or assist in 6 games but you’re impressed because of his defensive qualities. Why not just convert him to full back since you love his defensive qualities so much

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

.... and you believe this nonsense?! Ain't we Nigerians again for God's sake! No sane Nigerian would go to Airport with Bathroom Slippers.

Let's be honest here. If any of your Brothers was among the Lads, would you let him leave for the Journey with Bathroom Slippers?

My God. You are arguing even when the horse's mouth is speaking. grin

Just rest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am glad you are trying to use whatever means to defend Pinnick. With no proof whatsoever. Just hide in shame. The man is a disgrace and an eyesore. He wanted them to fail but God's power is bigger than Satan's own.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

My God. You are arguing even when the horse's mouth is speaking. grin

Just rest.

grin

... but same Horse's Mouth forget to tell us 'they used hand needle to sew torn Jerseys' nau.

Amnesia?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

... but same Horse's Mouth forget to tell us 'they used hand needle to sew torn Jerseys' nau.

Amnesia?!

I must give it to you. You are really working hard to defend these NFF crooks. But, unfortunately, you are defending the indefensible.

Maybe you don't know hand needle is far less than sending a team with no kits at all. Even winter shirts.

As I said, you can not defend this. Just hide in shame.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I am glad you are trying to use whatever means to defend Pinnick. With no proof whatsoever. Just hide in shame. The man is a disgrace and an eyesore. He wanted them to fail but God's power is bigger than Satan's own.

grin

Oh.... I forget late Keshi praised Aminu Maigari for his AFCON Success and begging for Contract Extension coz he loved working with Maigari led NFF Board.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Oh.... I forget late Keshi praised Aminu Maigari for his AFCON Success and begging for Contract Extension coz he loved working with Maigari led NFF Board.

I am a fierce critique of Maigari. He had his shortcomings. However, we can not deny his vision. Today, reflecting back, I am proud he led the NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

Proof

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I must give it to you. You are really working hard to defend these NFF crooks. But, unfortunately, you are defending the indefensible.

Maybe you don't know hand needle is far less than sending a team with no kits at all. Even winter shirts.

As I said, you can not defend this. Just hide in shame.

LMFAO..... grin grin

The Competition was played in October to November,. In Chile Winter is from June to August, while spring weather is from September to November.

Why would they need Winter Clothes?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

I am a fierce critique of Maigari. He had his shortcomings. However, we can not deny his vision. Today, reflecting back, I am proud he led the NFF.

grin

Under whose Administration was Nigeria banned by FIFA?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

LMFAO..... grin grin

The Competition was played in October to November,. In Chile Winter is from June to August, while spring weather is from September to November.

Why would they need Winter Clothes?!

You are free to argue with Amunike.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CODMOK: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Oasis001:

grin

Under whose Administration was Nigeria banned by FIFA?!

Baba rest joor.
Even though I don't totally agree with GoodJoe, I must confess that Pinnick is a disaster as a NFF President. From the local league to the men and women national teams, he has been nothing but a monumental disgrace to our football.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11834) (11835) (11836) (11837) (11838) (11839) (11840) ... (16196) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, zuchyblink(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.