Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11616487 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (16129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mfon Udoh is one of the most underrated players in Nigerian football and I hope he gets a chance with the Super Eagles.

Every time I watch him play, I am impressed with his style. His touch, grace and skill.

I still remember his combinations with Emem Eduok at Uyo when our home based team played Ghana U23

Mfon Udoh,a lethal striker with the record of most goals ever scored in a league season. Never really seen him play but I hope he gets his chances once more to prove himself. He is currently the highest goal scorer in the Caf Champions league play-offs and scored a hat trick on Sunday against Etoil du Sahel of Tunisia.

I hope the Elephants qualifies for the money spinning group stage so the club can have access to good funding.
I reminisce when Enyimba was the Enyimba of Africa,winning the Champions league back to back.
I miss the conquering Enyimba fc squad made up of Arugo monkey(Chijioke Ejiogu),Romanus Orjinta...RIP,the mesmerising midfield hero Muri Ogunbiyi, the athletic and hardworking Onyekachi Okonkwo pairing Ogunbiyi in the midfield,the bullish Ekene Ezenwa,David Tyakavse, the Ghanaian Joetex Frimpong,Ndidi Anumudu,Ajibade Omolade, one eyed Ogbonna Okenmiri, Obinna Nwaneri,Yusuf Mohamed and Emeka Nwanna..aka Ayaya. Enyimba had the best legs in the league as of then and the players were financially comfortable.
I thought the club was gonna grow bigger from there but just like everything about nigeria management ability is poorer than a church rat. Nigeria really sucks!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Mfon Udoh,a lethal striker with the record of most goals ever scored in a league season. Never really seen him play but I hope he gets his chances once more to prove himself. He is currently the highest goal scorer in the Caf Champions league play-offs and scored a hat trick on Sunday against Etoil du Sahel of Tunisia.

I hope the Elephants qualifies for the money spinning group stage so the club can have access to good funding.
I reminisce when Enyimba was the Enyimba of Africa,winning the Champions league back to back.
I miss the conquering Enyimba fc squad made up of Arugo monkey(Chijioke Ejiogu),Romanus Orjinta...RIP,the mesmerising midfield hero Muri Ogunbiyi, the athletic and hardworking Onyekachi Okonkwo pairing Ogunbiyi in the midfield,the bullish Ekene Ezenwa,David Tyakavse, the Ghanaian Joetex Frimpong,Ndidi Anumudu,Ajibade Omolade, one eyed Ogbonna Okenmiri, Obinna Nwaneri,Yusuf Mohamed and Emeka Nwanna..aka Ayaya. Enyimba had the best legs in the league as of then and the players were financially comfortable.
I thought the club was gonna grow bigger from there but just like everything about nigeria management ability is poorer than a church rat. Nigeria really sucks!

Nice lesson there. I did not watch of Enyimba but there was a crazy devotion to the team. There was a time they used UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar during one of their Champions League run. Back then I was in Calabar and the hotel they stayed in, Marian Hotel was on the street I lived.

There were crowd gathered outside the hotel when those guys came around and people trooped to watch them play.

That was a golden opportunity for our club football but we missed it.

If there was CHAN then, I believe we would have won it with those guys.

Our local teams need support and we have to do something about a lot of the pitches.

If you want to see how good Mfon Udoh is, catch a game when he is on a good pitch. On bad pitches where you see the long ball football, you won't enjoy much of him. But on good pitches, he looks fantastic.

Definitely my best player in the NPFL, although I do not watch much but catch a few games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Nice lesson there. I did not watch of Enyimba but there was a crazy devotion to the team. There was a time they used UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar during one of their Champions League run. Back then I was in Calabar and the hotel they stayed in, Marian Hotel was on the street I lived.

There were crowd gathered outside the hotel when those guys came around and people trooped to watch them play.

That was a golden opportunity for our club football but we missed it.

If there was CHAN then, I believe we would have won it with those guys.

Our local teams need support and we have to do something about a lot of the pitches.

If you want to see how good Mfon Udoh is, catch a game when he is on a good pitch. On bad pitches where you see the long ball football, you won't enjoy much of him. But on good pitches, he looks fantastic.

Definitely my best player in the NPFL, although I do not watch much but catch a few games

We dey here dey talk about league when Nigerians can't even buy fuel. The bad state of our league is a testament to how terrible the Nigerian economy is. People blame our boys who do age cheating forgetting the suffering some of these boys go through just even feature in amateur league. Most times they don't even get paid but they keep playing on empty stomach....When I see the condition of our league players my heart bleeds. They look so hungry and disheveled. Those boys go through hell just to make ends meet.

And the pitches,don't get me started. By the way I have a question. Does it cost so much to maintain grass? Like picking weeds,regrassing,watering and cutting and patching holes. Is it so expensive? We can't even boast of a decent turf! Is Nigeria cursed?? We want people to leave Arsenal and Chelsea and come see local matches but we need to create a safe environment and encourage these clubs to play good football nobi all these karate wey dem dey play. Nobody wanna see that rubbish.

As per devotion , Enyimba still dey learn. Try Rangers,Masun gida and Oluyole warriors. The Antelopes always play the samba. Bros,don't mind me....I love our local league,clubs and our boys but man don't tear.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

We dey here dey talk about league when Nigerians can't even buy fuel. The bad state of our league is a testament to how terrible the Nigerian economy is. People blame our boys who do age cheating forgetting the suffering some of these boys go through just even feature in amateur league. Most times they don't even get paid but they keep playing on empty stomach....When I see the condition of our league players my heart bleeds. They look so hungry and disheveled. Those boys go through hell just to make ends meet.

And the pitches,don't get me started. By the way I have a question. Does it cost so much to maintain grass? Like picking weeds,regrassing,watering and cutting and patching holes. Is it so expensive? We can't even boast of a decent turf! Is Nigeria cursed?? We want people to leave Arsenal and Chelsea and come see local matches but we need to create a safe environment and encourage these clubs to play good football nobi all these karate wey dem dey play. Nobody wanna see that rubbish.

As per devotion , Enyimba still dey learn. Try Rangers,Masun gida and Oluyole warriors. The Antelopes always play the samba. Bros,don't mind me....I love our local league,clubs and our boys but man don't tear.

Slowly, we are coming out of the terrible state of our league. We have few better pitches than before. The League Management Company is working to make things better. Let us give this management a chance.

I believe in a few years things will get better. We need an urgent help for players welfare.

Glad your a good follower of the league.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Chaaiiii... When Enyimba removed the word "elusive" from the CAF champions league title for Nigerian club football.

I was only 11 and 12+ yrs old in 2003 and 2004 respectively but I watched every game Enyimba played on their way to conquering Africa.

You've mentioned most of Enyimba's Glory men but lemme add Dele "the cat" Aiyenugba, Vincent Enyeama, and Michael Ochei.... chaiii.. that squad eh!

CHAN for hear am if it came much earlier. #smiles

And in 2003 and 2004, I don't think The Arugo Monkey kept goal for Enyimba.... it was mainly Enyeama and Aiyenugba.

Chijioke Ejiogu certainly was not a part of Enyimba's all- conquering adventure. He joined Enyimba only afterwards in 2008. He was at Julius Berger in 2003 but joined Dolphins from late 2003/early 2004 (I think?).

Meanwhile, Nigeria as a nation is certainly on life support but we must still believe and focus on the positives around us.

The LMC led by Shehu Dikko is doing a really good job, I must confess. With time, at least some things will get better.

#IStillBelieve

NRIPRIEST:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 11:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
Is it a coincidence that the AFCON hosts of the three most recent editions we have missed out on have been the same? Equatorial Guinea and Gabon (2012), Equatorial Guinea (2015), Gabon (2017). Jinx?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaiiii... When Enyimba removed the word "elusive" from the CAF champions league title for Nigerian club football.

I was only 11 and 12+ yrs old in 2003 and 2004 respectively but I watched every game Enyimba played on their way to conquering Africa.

You've mentioned most of Enyimba's Glory men but lemme add Dele "the cat" Aiyenugba, Vincent Enyeama, and Michael Ochei.... chaiii.. that squad eh!

CHAN for hear am if it came much earlier. #smiles

And in 2003 and 2004, I don't think The Arugo Monkey kept goal for Enyimba.... it was mainly Enyeama and Aiyenugba.

Chijioke Ejiogu certainly was not a part of Enyimba's all- conquering adventure. He joined Enyimba only afterwards in 2008. He was at Julius Berger in 2003 but joined Dolphins from late 2003/early 2004 (I think?).

Meanwhile, Nigeria as a nation is certainly on life support but we must still believe and focus on the positives around us.

The LMC led by Shehu Dikko is doing a really good job, I must confess. With time, at least some things will get better.

#IStillBelieve

Nnaa eh,I am so sorry about that. What was I even thinking; Indeed it was Vincent Enyeama and later Dele Ayenugba that manned the post and yes the diminutive Michael Ochei was ever present and explosive. And there was this very guy Damian Udeh bought from Gabros in '04. A very gifted and beautiful ball playing baller! He later went to Tunisia and that was the last time I heard of him.I swear our local league has ruined many talented players.
And yes Arugo Monkey wasn't even a member of that golden generation...And this reminds me of a guy called Josiah Maduabuchi of recent Enyimba squad. He used to captain the club but I don't hear about him anymore.A very skillfully talented artist on the feet.
If we can get it together in the home front our boys wouldn't even have to go overseas and we won't have to depend on these foreign pros just to build a team that can conquer the world of soccer.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
tglobal:
Is it a coincidence that the AFCON hosts of the three most recent editions we have missed out on have been the same? Equatorial Guinea and Gabon (2012), Equatorial Guinea (2015), Gabon (2017). Jinx?

No,you guys need to put your house in order,period!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

I miss the conquering Enyimba fc squad made up of Arugo monkey(Chijioke Ejiogu),Romanus Orjinta...RIP,the mesmerising midfield hero Muri Ogunbiyi, the athletic and hardworking Onyekachi Okonkwo pairing Ogunbiyi in the midfield,the bullish Ekene Ezenwa, David Tyakavse, the Ghanaian Joetex Frimpong,Ndidi Anumudu,Ajibade Omolade, one eyed Ogbonna Okenmiri, Obinna Nwaneri,Yusuf Mohamed and Emeka Nwanna..aka Ayaya. Enyimba had the best legs in the league as of then and the players were financially comfortable.

You mean you knew @ the bolded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NRIPRIEST(m): 6:26pm On Apr 18, 2016
Orkpekyandega:

You mean you knew @ the bolded.

Yea,I know David Tyakavse during his days with Enyimba fc. He was a regular at Enyimba and one of the most impressive attacker of the time. But why do you ask?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
NRIPRIEST:

Yea,I knew David Tyakavse during his days with Enyimba fc. He was a regular at Enyimba and one of the most impressive attacker of the time. But why do you ask?

Well I also use to be his fan.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Ghana 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Ghana
Balotelli regrets choosing Italy over Ghana
[/size]
Mario Balotelli in action for AC Milan

by Graeme Jackson

Wednesday Apr 13, 2016. 09:07

Mario Balotelli regrets choosing to represent the Italian national team rather than Ghana’s Black Stars, according to his biological father.

Thomas Barwuah, the Ghanaian who gave up the striker for adoption when he was a child, has revealed that racist abuse and a hostile media have left Balotelli regretting his decision.

The striker now rues his decision to turn down the Ghana FA when they tried to convince him to represent the West African country back in 2011.

Balotelli instead gained full Italian citizenship and went on to play for the Azzurri, notably starring in their run to the final of the 2012 European Championships.

However, a recent loss of form means he is unlikely to make the national team squad for the upcoming 2016 Euros in France.

“Himself [Balotelli] has started realising he made a big mistake playing for the Italian national team and he has told friends about it,” Barwuah told Gazzetta Ghana.

“He is not being treated well, true they don’t show him the love he deserves for his great talent and skill.

“I think that all he gets is abuse, especially from the media here and that is because he is black”.

“They don’t like him and it started from the beginning, they didn’t want to see a black boy like himself taking glory of the Italian national team.”
africanfootball.com/news/624966/Balotelli-regrets-choosing-Italy-over-Ghana
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Ghana 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Ghana
Balotelli regrets choosing Italy over Ghana
[/size]
Mario Balotelli in action for AC Milan

by Graeme Jackson

Wednesday Apr 13, 2016. 09:07

Mario Balotelli regrets choosing to represent the Italian national team rather than Ghana’s Black Stars, according to his biological father.

Thomas Barwuah, the Ghanaian who gave up the striker for adoption when he was a child, has revealed that racist abuse and a hostile media have left Balotelli regretting his decision.

The striker now rues his decision to turn down the Ghana FA when they tried to convince him to represent the West African country back in 2011.

Balotelli instead gained full Italian citizenship and went on to play for the Azzurri, notably starring in their run to the final of the 2012 European Championships.

However, a recent loss of form means he is unlikely to make the national team squad for the upcoming 2016 Euros in France.

“Himself [Balotelli] has started realising he made a big mistake playing for the Italian national team and he has told friends about it,” Barwuah told Gazzetta Ghana.

“He is not being treated well, true they don’t show him the love he deserves for his great talent and skill.

“I think that all he gets is abuse, especially from the media here and that is because he is black”.

“They don’t like him and it started from the beginning, they didn’t want to see a black boy like himself taking glory of the Italian national team.”
africanfootball.com/news/624966/Balotelli-regrets-choosing-Italy-over-Ghana
[/b]

they mean, he would have been worshipped despite his piss poor attitude if he played for Ghana.

Even in a shitty form, they would have taken him to AFCON just so commentators can say 'the great awesome Balotelli' is playing

Africa is where these washed up players look to whenever they have a poor run in form cuz they know we'll only be too glad to manage crap, but when they're at their best, ain't nobody looking to play for third world African countries.

Balotelli should enjoy his Italy, nobody's missing him here. At least Benzema isn't moaning and wishing he chose Algeria over France, neither is Nasri

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
safarigirl:
they mean, he would have been worshipped despite his piss poor attitude if he played for Ghana.

Even in a shitty form, they would have taken him to AFCON just so commentators can say 'the great awesome Balotelli' is playing

Africa is where these washed up players look to whenever they have a poor run in form cuz they know we'll only be too glad to manage crap, but when they're at their best, ain't nobody looking to play for third world African countries.

Balotelli should enjoy his Italy, nobody's missing him here. At least Benzema isn't moaning and wishing he chose Algeria over France, neither is Nasri

Baloteli is simply a sore looser. He felt the white would stand by him forever. Now that he has seen and experienced the other side of the coin. He should stand a better chance of advising some upcoming Africans born abroad.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:15am On Apr 19, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa
New FIFA president: Two more World Cup spots for Africa
[/size]

FIFA President Gianni Infantino

by Graeme Jackson

Thursday Apr 14, 2016. 13:18
New FIFA president Gianni Infantino has suggested that Africa would get two more berths at the World Cup in his controversial proposal to expand the tournament to 40 teams.

The 46-year-old, who took the head position at football’s world governing body back in February and succeeded Sepp Blatter, has suggested that the global showpiece should be expended from 32 teams to 40.

His idea has been met with scepticism, as critics claim it would affect the standard of the competition which is arguably already too bloated, but Infantino disagrees.

“It will be great for the World Cup in terms of popularity because you will have more nations involved in the World Cup,” he told Fox Sports.

“There is enough quality … we see it in Europe. [And] look at the last World Cup – England and Italy were kicked out by Costa Rica. This is football.”

The FIFA president added: “There would be of course more spots for everyone. For example, two more Africans, one-and-a-half in CONCACAF, half in South America, half in Oceania, one-and-a-half in Asia, we arrive at 39.

“And the last spot should be played on the pitch somehow; let's see how by the one who will deserve it in the best possible way.”

In the current World Cup format of 32 teams, the African continent is designated five berths.
africanfootball.com/news/625135/New-FIFA-president-Two-more-World-Cup-spots-for-Africa
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2016
Now who is fooling who?
[size=14pt]
Balotelli has not regretted playing for Italy - Father
[/size]
[img]http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/Balotelli-has-not-regretted-playing-for-Italy-Father-431491?gallery=1[/img]
Thomas Barwuah and his family.

Thomas Barwuah, biological father of AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli has denied media publications that his son has regretted playing for Italy and not Ghana.

Last week, a publication claimed Balotelli, who has suffered incessant racist abuses and media attacks, has lament the decision to represent the Azzuris.

Balotelli turned down the Ghana FA in 2011 to play for his country of his biological parents.

But he opted for Italy and his acquisition of full Italian citizenship facilitated that decision.

[size=14pt]..[/size]
Barwuah said on Accra-based Asempa FM that his son has no regrets over decision although he would have loved him to play for the Black Stars.

“I have not spoken to anybody about this. I haven’t had a conversation with him (Mario) on the matter for him to confess he has regretted," he said.

"What I heard was that he had told a friend about his regrets and I have also told people about it. I really don’t get it but it’s not true.

[color=#00000099][size=14pt]...[/size]
What happened is that some of these kids when they get to a certain age, you cannot easily persuade them.

"Secondly, I didn’t raise him up but his foster parents (a white family) so he had to choose between Ghana and Italy and so he chose Italy."[/color]

www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/Balotelli-has-not-regretted-playing-for-Italy-Father-431491

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: Fanendo Adi on West Ham wanted list
[/size]

Fanendo Adi - is he on his way to the EPL?

by Samm Audu

Monday Apr 18, 2016. 08:00
Portland Timbers striker Fanendo Adi is high on the shopping list of English Premier League side West Ham United, AfricanFootball.com has exclusively gathered.

“Adi is on the radar of West Ham. They wanted him even before they finally landed another Nigeria striker, Emmanuel Emenike, on loan in January,” a top source told only AfricanFootball.com

“They are still likely to go for him in the summer.

“A couple of caps for Nigeria will also enhance the chances of this transfer going through.”

West Ham will not extend the loan deals of both Victor Moses and Emenike at the end of the season.

Last month, Adi got his first call-up by the Super Eagles in the AFCON qualifiers against Egypt, but he did not make his debut.

Last year, he scored 18 goals as Portland made history by clinching a first-ever MLS championship.

The big striker has carried on from where he left off last season and he has now netted six goals to be the leading scorer in the MLS.

The 25-year-old Adi has never hidden his desire to return to mainland Europe after stints in Slovenia, Denmark and Ukraine.
http://africanfootball.com/news/625466/EXCLUSIVE-Fanendo-Adi-on-West-Ham-wanted-list
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Mikel one of the greatest midfielders ever, says Christian Chukwu
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/1d/84/john-obi-mikel-of-chelsea_tq7mavv4rdiw1m8izuqkxuqqw.jpg?t=-276281006&w=620&h=430[/img]
As the Blues’ midfielder celebrates his 29th birthday, the ex-international is confident that the ‘blessed’ player can play at the highest level for many years.

EXCLUSIVE By Shina Oludare

Nigeria legend, Christian Chukwu has paid tribute to Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi as he celebrates his 29th birthday.

The Blues' star who made his Super Eagles’ debut in 2006, began his international career for the country at the 2003 African U17 Cup of Nations in Swaziland where the Golden Eaglets finished third before featuring at the Fifa U17 World Cup same year.

He then progressed to the Nigeria U20 team where he played key role as Samson Siasia’s lads finished second at the 2005 Fifa U20 World Cup in Holland.

“There is no debate about his class which I attribute to discipline and dedication," Chukwu told Goal.

“Mikel is committed to whatever he wants to do and that has helped him a big deal as a footballer.

“He is gifted, talented and he is one of the greatest midfielders ever to come out of the country.

“And for those who condemn him for not scoring goals, I would say the most important thing in football is playing to coaches’ instructions and not what people think the player should do.

“Mikel has been consistent for Chelsea because he is playing to his manager’s instruction. If not, he would have spent more time on the bench.

"And personally, I don’t feel that scoring goals should be a factor for becoming a great player.”

Chukwu is confident that the 29-year-old can continue playing at the highest level for many years to come while wishing him well on his birthday.

“For the national team, he has been doing his best and I believe he has years ahead of him in the Super Eagles. To be honest, he has paid his dues,” he continued.

“He has played; he has captained and has been a source of inspiration to many young players which is the very important. He has really done well.

“As he clocks another year on earth, I wish him long life and more fruitful playing days. He has been so blessed by God that he hasn’t recorded any serious injury in his career. Going by this, I also wish him an injury-free time till he hangs his boot," he concluded.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4093/nigerian-football/2016/04/22/22688192/mikel-one-of-the-greatest-midfielders-ever-says-christian
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:01am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
'Happy birthday boss!' – Onazi pays tribute to Mikel Obi
[/size]

The Lazio midfielder took to Instagram to pass on his well-wishes to the Super Eagles' skipper as he turned 29 on Friday

EXTRA TIME By Shina Oludare

Ogenyi Onazi has taken to Instagram to wish his Super Eagles teammate John Mikel Obi a happy birthday, with the Chelsea midfielder turning 19.

The pair held sway in Nigeria’s midfield as the country won her third Africa Cup of Nations title in South Africa 2013.

Onazi who is working hard to help his Italian based outfit qualify for Europe next season took time out from his busy schedule to acknowledge his ‘boss and skipo’- and claims he has also learn from him.

“Happy birthday to you my boss and skipo, always learn from you, may God continue to bless and lift you to that height you never expected amen,” Onazi wrote on Instagram, alongside a picture of Mikel holding the Afcon 2013 trophy.

Happy birthday to you my boss and skipo always Learn from you, may God continue to bless and lift you to that hight you never expected amen.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/04/22/22681102/happy-birthday-boss-onazi-pays-tribute-to-mikel-obi
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:12am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iwobi, Emenike, Success: Nigerians abroad review
[/size]

Isaac Success was in hot form for Granada as they crossed swords with Levante in a relegation fight on Thursday night. He scored the first goal to put his side ahead in the 25th minute, before adding an assist on the stroke of half time.

His contributions to the 5-1 scoreline will not go unnoticed by interim Nigeria coach Salisu Yusuf, but the night was overshadowed by a facial injury that will see the forward miss a few games as La Liga season draws to a close.

Alex Iwobi was involved in an inspiring Arsenal victory against West Bromwich Albion on Thursday night. However, one wonders if the Gunners are starting to pick up a run of form far too late for it to really count.

The Nigerian starlet was good in possession, and although he gave the ball away a couple of times, his touches and instinct on the ball were second to none. His performance might have been overshadowed by that of Alexis Sanchez, who scored a brace to secure the 2-0 victory, but there is no doubt Iwobi has been one of the many revelations in the Premier League this season.
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Turkey/39/3e/emmanuel-emenike-west-ham-united_16k3ek8knvl4y1q3no73jxo7pz.jpg?t=-948350166&w=320[/img]
Emmanuel Emenike made a late camoe for West Ham United as they beat Watford 3-1 on Wednesday. There is no doubt that Slaven Bilic has had a hand in the Nigerian’s resurgence in form, and hopefully he can help the Hammers to a European spot, even if competition in the Hammers' attack is as hot as ever.

Watford were blown away by a confident West Ham United side that gave them no quarter on Wednesday night. Odion Ighalo was missing in action, but Victor Moses made a late appearance and was lively in wide areas, even if he sent one shot right at Heurelho Gomes.

His performances this season have not been as fruitful as expected, and it remains to be seen what decisions are made about his future when he returns to Chelsea at the end of the campaign.

Juventus proved too strong for Lazio, as the Serie A leaders romped to a 3-0 win at the Juventus Stadium on Wednesday evening. Ogenyi Onazi played the full 90 minutes the Rome outfit, but his effort were no match for the Juve midfield, which included Paul Pogba, Sami Khedira and Hernanes.

As many had expected, Bayern Munich were dominant in their German Cup semi-final against Werder Bremen on Tuesday night, winning the tie with two unanswered goals. Anthony Ujah was a late substitute, replacing Claudio Pizarro. The loss was another nail in the coffin for Bremen, who have struggled this season and look likely to be relegated from the Bundesliga.

Gent drew 1-1 with Anderlecht in the Belgium play-offs on Thursday, and they now sit on 35 points, assured of Europa League qualification. Moses Simon was a second-half substitute and could not do much to help his side gain the advantage. With three more points at stake when they face Genk on Sunday, they may yet qualify for the Champions League having reached the last 16 this term.

Bristol City were narrowly beaten 3-2 by Derby County on Tuesday night. They conceded early in the first half, but responded well, with two goals before the break.

However, they conceded two more before the 60th minute, and the tie was all but lost. Peter Odemwingie has contributed just two goals since joining the Robins, but his influence on the team and at the club has been positive. He was brought in to help the younger players and give the team stability as they look to escape relegation.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2016/04/22/22680202/iwobi-emenike-success-nigerians-abroad-review/peter-odemwingie/8
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:22am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Crystal Palace
Ighalo: I will be king of Nigeria if I win FA Cup
[/size]

Watford star striker Odion Ighalo

Watford striker Odion Ighalo has said he will return as “King of Nigeria” should his club go all the way and win this year’s FA Cup.

Watford face Crystal Palace in the FA Cup semi-final on Sunday after they knocked out holders Arsenal in the previous round with Ighalo scoring one of the goals.

“If I win the FA Cup then I will be going back like a king! King of Nigeria!,” Ighalo told The Telegraph of London.

“The fans want it and we want it.
“This is a big competition here in England. Now we are safe in the Premier League and although we want to do better this semi-final is a very big thing. It’s a chance for people to have a look at us and understand how we have done.

“Not every team in the Premier League can win it but they can win the FA Cup. No-one gave Watford a chance of being where we are today but we are there now and it’s possible for us to win and go to the final.”

He added: “As a footballer it is all the more special because it is played at Wembley, a great stadium, the great stadium of English football and one that I have not played in before. So that means a lot.

“The fans are happy also because they can say they will have a team in the Premier League next season and they have this semi-final.

“If we play the way we can play we will be able to give them a final to look forward to as well. It would be a dream come true.”
africanfootball.com/news/626050/Ighalo-I-will-be-king-of-Nigeria-if-I-win-FA-Cup
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:26am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Chelsea
Birthday boy Mikel now sets sights on Gold in Rio
[/size]

John Mikel Obi (Left)

by Samm Audu

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi turned 29 today and one of his targets now is to add a Gold medal at the Rio Olympics in August to a richly stocked trophy cabinet.

Mikel is Nigeria’s most decorated football star having won major trophies with Chelsea since 2006 – UEFA Champions League, Europa League, 2 English Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups and 2 League Cups.

The Super Eagles skipper also won the AFCON with Nigeria three years ago.

Nigeria Olympic team coach Samson Siasia has reasoned Mikel is fired up to make up for missing out on the Beijing Olympics eight years ago.

Siasia did not pick him because he did not feature in the qualifiers for the Games in China.

"I guess that because Mikel missed out the last time, he wants to make up for it,” Siasia said.

“Not only that, the last couple of games he has played for the Super Eagles, he has been playing very well, and if he wants to be part of the team, of course, he is welcome.”

Nwankwo Kanu is another Nigeria star who has won laurels in Europe with Ajax Amsterdam, Arsenal and Portsmouth.

He has also established his legacy as a proud winner of Olympic Gold, when he led Nigeria to an historic triumph in Atlanta 20 years ago.

Mikel may not be the most gifted midfielder, but he is a quintessential professional, whose tactical discipline has earned him a long service stay at Stamford Bridge.

Experts say Mikel, who has also represented Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels, will bring maturity to a talented team who qualified for the Rio Olympics as Africa’s best team in Senegal in December.

In Rio, the midfielder will most likely be assisted by fellow Eagles stars Odion Ighalo and Ahmed Musa as the other over-age players as Nigeria aim to repeat the milestone of 1996 right in the home of modern-day football.
africanfootball.com/news/626031/Birthday-boy-Mikel-now-sets-sights-on-Gold-in-Rio
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:36am On Apr 23, 2016
[size=14pt]
Chelsea, NFF Send Birthday Greetings To John Obi Mikel
[/size]

Chelsea and the Nigeria Football Federation have sent birthday greetings to John Obi Mikel via their social media accounts.

Born on April 22, 1987 in Jos, the defensive midfielder is celebrating his 29th birthday today, Friday.
Chelsea said on Twitter :“Today we say happy birthday to John Mikel Obi! #CFC.”

The Nigeria Football Federation said : “Happy birthday @NGSuperEagles captain John Mikel Obi. Continue to Age with grace. #HappyBirthdayJohnMikelObi.”
Mikel debuted for the Super Eagles in August 2005 in an international friendly against Libya after representing the U17 and U20 national teams, and has been on the books of Chelsea for approximately ten years.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18759

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:38am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Agent Of Man City Star Yaya Toure Suggests Musa Should Reject Move To Leicester City, Tottenham
[/size]

Dmitry Selyuk, who represents Manchester City star Yaya Toure, and is an expert on the African transfer market has advised Ahmed Musa to turn down a move to the English Premier League this summer.

The Russian intermediary has argued that the likes of Vagner Love and Seydou Doumbia were not as successful with the teams they signed for after their departure from theArmy Men.

“If I represented Ahmed, I would say to him: “Sit at CSKA to the last.” Practice shows that CSKA Moscow players do not develop a career in the strong European teams,” Dmitry Selyuk told Izvestia.

“No Vagner Love did not play, nor Seydou Doumbia and Musa is also highly questionable. No good deed goes unpunished.”

He added : “CSKA is a top club, very well there is Ahmed. It is not necessary illusions and dream of the English Premier League.
“Musa will perform better in Russia, where he and his speed has a great advantage. In England, this will not happen. ”

Leicester City are ready to pay 30 million euros to sign Musa from the Muscovites and that amount will surpass the transfer fee of € 24 million received from the sale of Brazilian forward Jo to Manchester City in 2008.
Igho Kingsley
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18764
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:39am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Leicester City Outbid Tottenham Hotspur For Musa, Striker Prefers Move To White Hart Lane
[/size]

Tottenham Hotspur are not only competing for the Premier League title with Leicester City, but are hoping to steal a march on their rivals regarding the signing of Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow in the summer transfer market.

According to authoritative Russian newspaper Izvestia, the Londoners have made a bid of 25 million euros for the Super Eagles star, an amount less than the 30 million euros the Foxes are prepared to pay for his acquisition.

“CSKA are in talks with two clubs from the English Premier League Leicester City and Tottenham,” a source told Izvestia.

“For Ahmed it is a priority to transfer to the London team. However, in this situation, not everything will depend on the willingness of the player.

“Naturally, that CSKA want to make money by selling the player for as much money as possible, and at the moment the offer from Leicester City is € 30 million which is higher than Tottenham’s € 25 million.”

It has now been suggested that the White Hart Lane outfit will have to increase their offer before landing the signature of Ahmed Musa.

“It is not known whether Spurs will increase their bid. Nevertheless, we can say with full confidence that Ahmed will be in one of the English clubs next season,” the source added.

Musa joined CSKA Moscow from VVV Venlo in Holland in January 2012, and has netted 51 goals(28 assists) in 161 matches.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18763
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justiz5(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NFF set to appoint foreign coach
[/size]

Solomon Dalung, Minister of Youth and Sports

Minister for Youth and Sports Solomon Dalung has the Nigerian Football Federation has secured a sponsor who will pay a foreign coach when hired.

The NFF announced on Wednesday Amodu Shaibu and Salisu Yusuff to handle the senior team towards two international friendlies scheduled for June, noting that, it will hire a foreign coach on a permanent basis.

But Dalung said he is yet to give his consent for the recruitment of the foreign coach.

Dalung stated this while speaking with newsmen in Lagos.

The minister, who was speaking against the backdrop of reports that the ministry had endorsed the recruitment of a foreign coach, said the Nigeria Football Federation was yet to convince him to see the need to hire a foreign coach for the team.

“I have never given an approval for the recruitment of a foreign coach.

“I have been approached by the federation for the recruitment of the foreign coach, and I said `convince me as to why a foreign coach is the best’, and they said, `well we have not received a technical report of the match that we played and crashed out’.

“So, they will give me that report alongside convincing reason for a foreign coach.

“Then I said well in doing that also try to answer this question: ‘why is it not possible to pay Nigerian coaches salaries, but it will be possible for us to recruit a foreign coach and pay’ and they said `somebody has declared interest’.

“And I put the second question: `can you also ask that same person why he is he not interested in giving us money to pay Nigerian coaches and see how they will fare than going to recruit foreign coaches”.

“So, if I am understood to have endorsed a foreign coach, I think it’s a misconception.

“I haven’t endorsed a foreign coach, but I am still demanding a convincing reason I should believe in a foreign coach.”
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/04/22/nff-set-to-appoint-foreign-coach/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
I pray Mikel adds the Olympic Gold to his rich collections of super achievements in world football for both club and country.

But Truth is the writer got it quite wrong. Mikel is not yet Nigeria's most decorated. It's rather KANU Nawankwo. Mikel is second.

Kanu Nwankwo remains (for now ooo) Nigeria's most decorated footballer ever closely followed by The mercurial midfield Lord, John Mikel Obi.

The writer has already listed Mikel's achievements @Bolded. But I would even add a CAF U-17 Afcon Bronze (2003) and a Fifa U-20 World Cup Silver and Adidas silver ball.

Also, Mikel was CAF young player of the year in 2005 and 2006. And he won the FA Community Shield once in 2014/15 season and was voted Chelsea's best young player of the season Twice in 2007 and 2008.

But behold Kanu's Credentials/accolades/achievements:

- One Nigerian League title with Iwuanyanwu Nationale (now heartland fc) in 1992-1993.

- 3 Dutch league (Eredivisie) titles (1993/94, 1994/95, 1995/96)

- 2 EPL titles (one of which saw him as a starring member of Arsenal's invincibles of 2003/2004. The other was 2001/02)

- 3 English FA Cup titles (two with arsenal, one with Portsmouth).

- One UEFA Champions League (1994/95)

- One UEFA Super Cup (1997/98 with Inter Milan).

- One UEFA Cup (now merged with the UEFA cup winners' cup into the UEFA Europa League).

- One Intercontinental Cup (with Ajax in 1995).

- One FA Community Shield (1999).

- One Olympic Soccer Gold medal with Nigeria.

- One Afro-Asian Cup title with Nigeria (1995 I believe)

- An Afcon Silver medal (SADLY, KANU NEVER WON AN AFCON TITLE AND HE NEVER SCORED IN AN AFCON TOURNAMENT)

- 2 CAF APOTY AWARDS (1996 AND 1999)

- 2 BBC African Footballer of the year awards (1997 and 1999)

- Fifa U-17 World Cup title (1993)

So it's rather KANU who is Nigeria's most well rounded elite achiever and most decorated in world football.

Mikel comes in a close second.

Finidi George comes in third I believe....

I believe strongly that among our young stars in the next and rising super golden generation we shall have elite achievers who may just surpass KANU and Mikel. BUT THEY GOT A LOT OF WORK TO GET THERE... But I see them doing it. The likes of Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen, Wilfred Ndidi, Chidozie Awaziem, Sadiq Umar, Taiwo Awoniyi, Isaac Success, plus a host of other standouts give me such confidence for the future of our football and the rise of Nigeria's next set of Super decorated world class talents.

Orkpekyandega:
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Chelsea
Birthday boy Mikel now sets sights on Gold in Rio
[/size]

John Mikel Obi (Left)

by Samm Audu

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi turned 29 today and one of his targets now is to add a Gold medal at the Rio Olympics in August to a richly stocked trophy cabinet.

Mikel is Nigeria’s most decorated football star having won major trophies with Chelsea since 2006 – UEFA Champions League, Europa League, 2 English Premier Leagues, 4 FA Cups and 2 League Cups.

The Super Eagles skipper also won the AFCON with Nigeria three years ago.

Nigeria Olympic team coach Samson Siasia has reasoned Mikel is fired up to make up for missing out on the Beijing Olympics eight years ago.

Siasia did not pick him because he did not feature in the qualifiers for the Games in China.

"I guess that because Mikel missed out the last time, he wants to make up for it,” Siasia said.

“Not only that, the last couple of games he has played for the Super Eagles, he has been playing very well, and if he wants to be part of the team, of course, he is welcome.”

Nwankwo Kanu is another Nigeria star who has won laurels in Europe with Ajax Amsterdam, Arsenal and Portsmouth.

He has also established his legacy as a proud winner of Olympic Gold, when he led Nigeria to an historic triumph in Atlanta 20 years ago.

Mikel may not be the most gifted midfielder, but he is a quintessential professional, whose tactical discipline has earned him a long service stay at Stamford Bridge.

Experts say Mikel, who has also represented Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels, will bring maturity to a talented team who qualified for the Rio Olympics as Africa’s best team in Senegal in December.

In Rio, the midfielder will most likely be assisted by fellow Eagles stars Odion Ighalo and Ahmed Musa as the other over-age players as Nigeria aim to repeat the milestone of 1996 right in the home of modern-day football.
africanfootball.com/news/626031/Birthday-boy-Mikel-now-sets-sights-on-Gold-in-Rio

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Pinnick: Why Super Eagles Will Play Mali, Luxembourg
[/size]

By Richard jideaka, Abuja

President of Nigeria Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has claimed that the two international friendly matches arranged for the Super Eagles in the next FIFA window will benefit the young side Nigeria is building.

The Super Eagles are scheduled to engage the national teams of Mali and Luxembourg in late May and early June in France and the NFF has appointed Salisu Yusuf and three other league coaches with the responsibility of leading the senior national in the two matches.

The NFF boss told Completesportnigeria.com that the federation tried to arrange bigger games with top footballing countries but it turned out that most of those they approached were occupied in this FIFA window and they had to make do with what was available instead of not playing at all.

"The two games will benefit the new Super Eagles we are trying to build and it is wrong to say Mali and Luxembourg are weak teams because Mali is a force in African football while Luxembourg boasts players in the Belgian and French leagues," Pinnick told Completesportsnigeria.com.

"Again, we want to build the team gradually by playing some big football nations as well as some weak football nations. We are not going to allow them get bashed anyhow by top teams, they need to get some results to boost their confidence and progress. Nigerians will appreciate what we are doing now very soon.

"Our agent is working tirelessly to get us a couple of top ranked teams in the next FIFA window. The coaches have been given a mandate to build a good team that will not only qualify for the World Cup but be the pride of the nation."
Read Also: Chikatara Celebrates Wydad CAF CL Progress, Wants To Face Enyimba

On the issue of foreign coach, the NFF boss said that the federation has been working tirelessly to ensure that they get sponsors who will pay the wages of the coaches among other things, adding that they are also looking for sponsors or their other programmes.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/pinnick-super-eagles-will-play-mali-luxembourg/#JUqFVH2hKicCrJEb.99
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
[size=14pt]
Odion Ighalo Loses Father
[/size]

Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo has announced the death of his father, Paul Ighalo.

The late Paul Ighalo died in the early hours of Monday after he complained of feeling weak, Completesportsnigeria.com was informed.

"I lost my father early hours of today (Monday), it is a very painful loss," Watford striker Ighalo wrote via a BBM chat to inform his close friends.

Ighalo has scored 16 goals in 35 appearances for Watford who failed to reach the FA Cup final in England after they lost 2-1 to Crystal Palace on Sunday.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/odion-ighalo-loses-father/#iRHvUrIIvCsqkP47.99
[b][size=14pt]
Onigbinde exposes challenges of Nigerian Coaches
[/size]

Former super Eagles coach and member NFF technical committee Adegboye Onigbinde has said that the problem of Nigeria in terms of coaches is not technical but administrative, he argues that there are good coaches in Nigeria who only need their knowledge and experience to be updated.

Onigbinde’s comments comes in teh light of the recently ignited debate over the professional eligibility of indigenous coaches to lead the senior Men’s national team; the Super Eagles.

According to the Afcon 1982 silver medal- winning coach , the number of coaches trained in Nigeria put at 500, is meager compared to its west African arch rivals, Ghana, who have trained more than 2,000 coaches and African powerhouse Egypt have trained over 4,000 coaches.
http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/onigbinde-exposes-challenges-of-nigerian-coaches/
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Exports: Ighalo Will Not Play In FA Cup Final;
[/size]

Catch up on the performances of players of Nigerian descent in the European Leagues and FA Cup on Sunday.

For the sixth straight game in the Premier League, Alex Iwobi was included in Arsenal’s starting line-up and lasted 71 minutes on the pitch before he was withdrawn as the Gunners were held to a goalless draw by Sunderland.

In the Emirates FA Cup, Odion Ighalo was in action for 90 minutes as Watford failed to progress to the final after losing 2-1 to Crystal Palace, for whom Emmanuel Adebayor entered the fray in the 86th minute.

Scotland international of Nigerian descent Ikechi Anya came on for the Hornets eight minutes from time.

In the Italian Serie A, Super Eagle Eddy Onazi played the entirety of Lazio’s 2 -1 loss to Sampdoria at Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

Joel Obi got injured in the warm-up and was not involved in Torino’s 3-1 defeat suffered at the hands of Sassuol.

Over to Germany, Leon Balogun worked a ninety-minute shift for Mainz in their 2-1 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga.

In the French Ligue 1, Elderson Echiejile literally watched from the stands as Monaco were held to a 1-1 draw by his former club Rennes. The left-back was suspended for this one following his red card against Lille.

Joseph Akpala scored Oostende’s first goal after seven minutes in their shock 4-2 win over Anderlecht in the Jupiler League playoffs. While he played the full game, compatriot Saviour Godwin was missing from the 18-man squad.

Italy international Stefano Okaka fired blanks despite being on parade for 90 minutes. Imoh Ezekiel didn’t make Anderlecht’s match day squad.

Efe Ambrose made a cameo appearance for Celtic in their 1-1 draw with Ross County in the Scottish Premiership. He came on in the 90th minute.

Still in the United Kingdom, Edward Ofere was introduced immediately after the intermission in Dundee United’s 3-1 loss to Hamilton Academical.

Nigeria U23 international Oghenekaro Etebo made his competitive debut for CD Feirense as they recorded a 3-1 win over Oliveirense. In his first start in the Portuguese Segunda Liga, the former Warri Wolves star was replaced in the 65th minute.

Fred Friday continued his rich vein of form in the Norwegian Tippeligaen, scoring for the fifth straight game as Lillestrom beat Chuks Akabueze’s Odd Grenland 3-1.

The ex-Flying Eagles star joined the fray in the 46th minute while Friday and teammate Innocent Bonke played the full match.

At the Sarpsborg Stadium, the homers thrashed Modle 4-0, with Onyekachi Ugwuadu watching from the bench for the whole of the game.

Viking were no match for Rosenborg at the Lerkendal Stadion, losing 4-0 with Suleiman Abdullahi making the starting ineup for the visitors. He subbed out in the 63rd minute, the same time that Samuel Adegbenro stepped out onto the pitch.

Aniekpeno Udoh and Viking number 25 Usman Sale were both unused substitutes.

Nigeria youth international Chidiebere Nwakali went the full 90 as IK Start lost for the fourth time this season, this time a 2-0 loss to Valerenga in Oslo. Teammate Austin Ikenna was an unused sub.

In the Swedish Allsvenskan, John Owoeri was replaced on the hour mark in BK Hacken’s narrow 1-0 loss to GIF Sundsvall.

Azubuike Egwuekwe and Gbolahan Salami found the back of the net as KuPS earned a 2-0 win against FC Lahti. The former Warri Wolves striker subbed out four minutes from time while the defender worked a ninety-minute shift.

Former Nigeria U17 international Aliyu Abubakar was introduced in the 83rd minute. Paul Onobi was absent due to incomplete paperwork.

Will John played the last 27 minutes of RoPS 1-0 win against PK-35 Vantaa, while Philip Njoku and Faith Friday Obilor started and played for 90 minutes in Inter Turku’s goalless draw with VPS. Kennedy Nwanganga played the last 11 minutes of the game for Inter.

Nigeria internationals Taye Taiwo and Nnamdi Oduamadi played the entirety of HJK Helsinki’s goalless draw against IFK Mariehamn. Vincent Onovo was not involved for the capital side.

In the Austrian Bundesliga, Bright Edomwonyi fired blanks for the first time in three matches as Sturm Graz lost 2-0 to Rapid Vienna at Ernst Happel Stadion. The attacker was in action for 90 minutes

Over to Switzerland, Manuel Akanji was not involved as Basel were held to a goalless draw by FC Vaduz.

In the Turkish Super Lig, Godfrey Oboabona went the full ninety minutes in Rizespor’s 3-1 loss to Konyaspor, while fellow defender Kenneth Omeruo was not in the Kasimpasa squad that lost to Galatasaray 4-1

Igho Kingsley
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18788
[/b]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NLban: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
CSKA Moscow Set The Ball Rolling For Permanent Signing Of Aaron Samuel
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that CSKA Moscow have set the ball rolling in their bid to sign Aaron Samuel on a permanent basis from Guangzhou R&F in the summer transfer market.

In the next six days, the Nigeria international will enter the final one month of his contract with the Muscovites, meaning he will have to return to his Chinese team if the agreement is not extended.

The leadership of the Army Men has invited Norwegian-based intermediary Atta Aneke for talks and it is thought that the parties will thrash out details of a new contract next week.

What is clear is that CSKA Moscow coach Leonid Slutsky is pleased with the contribution of Aaron Samuel since his arrival in the Russian capital in February.

The physical forward has started the last two games played by CSKA in the Premier League.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18793
[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (16129) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, poshemmanuel(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.