Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11675762 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:40am On Jul 19, 2017
Humility017:

Still don't understand why keep painting the lad black just to nail him...
Sum up courage to tell us that you just don't like him near the SE. ...similar hatred you once had towards onazi and mikel. ...

Let me be clear and sincere, if you are just going to quote me to make nonsensical and baseless comments then don't quote me ever again.

Somebody will be saying something about a players input to the team and you are talking about hatred, why would I hate them? Do they have any business with my medical profession? If I criticise a player that does not mean I hate the player, and that's all I will say about this useless claim that I hate some players

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2017
goldfish80:

Dont pretend like you dont know Akpeyi is being made the fall guy from that game.Someone who didn't watch the game will erroneously think he scored own goals. I'm just saying for the record, Akpeyi was not the reason we lost, he didnt score an own goal,the South Africans didn't score through his legs, the ball didnt slip through his fingers and into the net. His only sin was that he didnt hack down a player running at full speed and collect a red card, while we were already a goal down with 3 minutes left on the clock (we have exhausted our substitutions at this point).

Trying to leave out Ndidi,kelechi,Iwobi,Awaziem,Ekong,Shehu,Echejile,Etebo and to an extent Onazi of any blame and aim digs at Akpeyi, shows weakness and insincerity.

I know some spread sheet fans will come for my head for saying this, but I dont mind. I will always blow my whistle.

TheGoodJoe is blaming him to a larger extent because he always believed that the strongest part of his game is his ball playing ability but a keeper who plays the ball well would have quickly closed down the striker. If you watch that passage of play again, the guy knocked the ball forward and raced towards it, a good goalkeeper who positions himself well like Bravo would have been better positioned to reach the ball quicker than Akpeyi did. And when he got to the ball his decision making was poor, he wasted valuable seconds asking himself if he really wanted to get this red card and when he decided it was the right thing to do, the SA guy was already 2meters behind him.
However I agree that all blame should not go to Akpeyi when from our strike force down to the left side of our defence was just pure whack. I will only spare Ekong and Shehu plus Moses Simon to an extent, the rest were just poor probably due to the poor tactics of the manager or spending a longer time camping and playing hopeless friendly games against Corsica, other nations played their own friendlies after the qualifiers and against top teams too

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2017
Mickael2:

Let me be clear and sincere, if you are just going to quote me to make nonsensical and baseless comments then don't quote me ever again.

Somebody will be saying something about a players input to the team and you are talking about hatred, why would I hate them? Do they have any business with my medical profession? If I criticise a player that does not mean I hate the player, and that's all I will say about this useless claim that I hate some players
Let 's get these clear...i will be polite as much as i can
Compare your comment with Disu's comment or criticism and then spot the difference likewise everyone else comment on these matter...
But you chooses to take the boy to the cleaners...
Let me ask...who played him as a top striker in that match?
The coach did.....ryt? he didn't play himself there.
Then why trying to shamble his abilities...by saying the world class that he is....?
I never asked you if you were in medical profession because it is of no use to me.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:17am On Jul 19, 2017
That's also a very good one. Let's make a list of all the wonderful transfers of Nigerians to Belgium.

1. Henry Onyekuru ==> Eupen -> Anderlecht(Everton)
2. Dennis Bonaventure ==> FC Zorya -> Club Brugge
3. Theophilus Solomon ==> Istra (Rijeka) -> Lokeren OR Gent (not confirmed)
4. Abduljalil Ajagun ==> Roda -> Krotrijk
5. Reuben Yem ==> GBM -> Gent

Humility017:

Bonaventure move to club de brugg
I do much cherish the guy gradual rose to stardom....I must appreciate his handlers they're doing a good job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2017
The problem with Nigerian officials is they always want to prove a point that they are important.. This is the number one thing the Nigerians in diaspora notice on returning back. From the official in the airport to that in the street they want to show that they matter. Why stretch an issue after a written apology? Enyeama has served us well and the problem with us Nigerian masses is that we always fail to hold officials accountable. I think Enyeama has issues with not just one individual but the general set up and our mentality. He has served us well over the years and at this point he can decide to remain retired. Who Naija epp?

TheGoodJoe:

Super Eagles number one goalkeeper and captain Vincent Enyeama has shunned the Nigeria Football Federation's summon to appear before the disciplinary committee.

The 32-year-old tore up a query letter from the NFF which was related to his uncomplimentary statement about the security of Kaduna where the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers against Chad was played.

Though the Lille of France goalkeeper has a written an apology letter to the NFF, he was summoned before the disciplinary committee on Tuesday, June 23, or risk being sanctioned.

Enyeama could face a lengthy ban after he refused to attend the hearing on Tuesday.

His national team coach, Stephen Keshi however attended but refused to comment on why his captain did not make it.

"No I am not aware. I only know about my own invitation," Keshi said told newsmen after his hearing.

"You can ask the NFF officials they should be able to tell you."

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/vincent-enyeama-super-eagles-captain-shuns-nff-id3900234.html

The problem was on before Oliseh became coach. Oliseh came in and did the bidding of the NFF to punish Enyeama. Enyeama knows this and that is why he does not want to work with those who treated him badly.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:00am On Jul 19, 2017
Humility017:

Let 's get these clear...i will be polite as much as i can
Compare your comment with Disu's comment or criticism and then spot the difference likewise everyone else comment on these matter...
But you chooses to take the boy to the cleaners...
Let me ask...who played him as a top striker in that match?
The coach did.....ryt? he didn't play himself there.
Then why trying to shamble his abilities...by saying the world class that he is....?
I never asked you if you were in medical profession because it is of no use to me.

and I never asked you if you think I hate him because it's of no use to me.

Now get the drill, you would have noticed that I put that 'world class' in quote and since you probably do not understand the meaning of that let me explain it to you, I used it because I was quoting some people here who think he is in the same rank as world class players, I obviously believe that he is not the finished article yet but criticism is relative, if someone like Giroud scores one goal when he could have scored more I will praise him, but if someone like.... Sanchez scores one in the same situation I will criticise him, so the fact that you people are making it seem like Nacho is the saviour is the reason why people monitor his games more and criticise him more, let the boy develop first before we start mentioning him as a mainstay in the Eagles team, EoD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:24am On Jul 19, 2017
Joebie:
That's also a very good one. Let's make a list of all the wonderful transfers of Nigerians to Belgium.

Least we forget....olayinka who just reunit wit his parent club after the injury issue he had last time...he has been scoring goals
I can't write the name of the club...something zult or so....but it is same club wit kingsley madu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:26am On Jul 19, 2017
Joebie:
The problem with Nigerian officials is they always want to prove a point that they are important.. This is the number one thing the Nigerians in diaspora notice on returning back. From the official in the airport to that in the street they want to show that they matter. Why stretch an issue after a written apology? Enyeama has served us well and the problem with us Nigerian masses is that we always fail to hold officials accountable. I think Enyeama has issues with not just one individual but the general set up and our mentality. He has served us well over the years and at this point he can decide to remain retired. Who Naija epp?

The problem I have wit enyeama coming back to the team...is who will now be the captain of the team?
Will he accept the leadership of obi mikel ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kakamorufu(m): 10:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Humility017:

Least we forget....olayinka who just reunit wit his parent club after the injury issue he had last time...he has been scoring goals
I can't write the name of the club...something zult or so....but it is same club wit kingsley madu
Zulte waregem
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2017
Kakamorufu:
Zulte waregem
thanks bro.....for helping out.
I will be eyeing the lad next season....
I expect some unknown players to break into the super eagles team....as time progress

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
ok thanks for that!!!

6. Peter Olayinka ==> Dukla Prag -> Zulte Waregem(Gent)

Humility017:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Joebie:
ok thanks for that!!!

6. Peter Olayinka ==> Dukla Prag -> Zulte Waregem(Gent)
Perfect......i wish then all gradual rise to stardom

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
Obi Mikel is Rohr's captain. He would accept that.

Humility017:

The problem I have wit enyeama coming back to the team...is who will now be the captain of the team?
Will he accept the leadership of obi mikel ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
Live | Arsenal 1 Bayern Munich 1: Alex Iwobi grabs late equaliser to deny Bundesliga giants.

By Vicki Hodges
19 July 2017 • 2:28pm

FT: Arsenal 1-1 Bayern

2:26PM

FT Arsenal 1 Bayern 1

There's only time for Bayern to restart the game before the ref blows up. After conceding 15 goals in their last three clashes with the German giants, Arsenal got lucky at the end. It's only a pre-season friendly but the scoreline will give them confidence. Iwobi's header was their only shot on target in the second half.

2:24PM

90 mins + 3 GOAL!! Arsenal 1-1 Bayern

But wait. There's drama at the death as Arsenal break clear, Ramsey dinks a ball into the middle and Iwobi plants his header past Frucht.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
If Iwobi can add a few more goals to his game I think he would be untouchable in the Arsenal XI, that said he did do very well today and the last match they played, nice signs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Humility017:

Still don't understand why keep painting the lad black just to nail him...
Sum up courage to tell us that you just don't like him near the SE. ...similar hatred you once had towards onazi and mikel. ...
do you have his video?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdK2NA5FjQg iwobi is gradually becoming a monster... A good attacking threat, only arsenal goal scorer and he also scored the winning penalty goal... I'm proud of him!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Herve Renard supports radical Nations Cup change

Ed Dove, KweséESPN

ESPN.com | 2:17 AM FJT

Morocco coach Herve Renard has weighed in on one of the big decisions up for discussion at the African Confederation of Football symposium this week, and believes that a move to a larger African Cup of Nations could be a success.

Currently, 16 teams participate in the biennial continental showpiece, although a move to 24 teams is one of the hot topics set to be considered in Rabat this week.

"I don't think it would be a bad thing if more teams participate in the Nations Cup," Renard told journalists, as reported by Africa Top Sports, "although it's important that the number is not too large.

"There will always be a time of adaptation. We saw this for the World Cup, we can't be unanimous," he added.

"The most important thing in Africa, is to have good infrastructure and good pitches. On this point, I have confidence in CAF and its members, that we're progressing in this direction."

Another key issue up for debate is whether the Nations Cup should move from January-February to June-July, and whether the tournament - which currently takes place every two years - moves to a four-year schedule.

"African football must take a major turn," he continued. "I hope that this will be the good moment.

"We're all proud of African football, but it needs to progress. We'll give our opinions and I hope that the decision-makers will take the best propositions."

Frenchman Renard won the Nations Cup as Zambia coach in 2012 and, two years later, as Ivory Coast boss.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
DrKlever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdK2NA5FjQg iwobi is gradually becoming a monster... A good attacking threat, only arsenal goal scorer and he also scored the winning penalty goal... I'm proud of him!

He also gave the assist from which Lacazette scored his first ever Arsenal goal.

Looks like he was played as a number 10 in this game. can you please confirm that?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Herve Renard supports radical Nations Cup change

Ed Dove, KweséESPN

ESPN.com | 2:17 AM FJT

Morocco coach Herve Renard has weighed in on one of the big decisions up for discussion at the African Confederation of Football symposium this week, and believes that a move to a larger African Cup of Nations could be a success.

Currently, 16 teams participate in the biennial continental showpiece, although a move to 24 teams is one of the hot topics set to be considered in Rabat this week.

"I don't think it would be a bad thing if more teams participate in the Nations Cup," Renard told journalists, as reported by Africa Top Sports, "although it's important that the number is not too large.

"There will always be a time of adaptation. We saw this for the World Cup, we can't be unanimous," he added.

"The most important thing in Africa, is to have good infrastructure and good pitches. On this point, I have confidence in CAF and its members, that we're progressing in this direction."

Another key issue up for debate is whether the Nations Cup should move from January-February to June-July, and whether the tournament - which currently takes place every two years - moves to a four-year schedule.

"African football must take a major turn," he continued. "I hope that this will be the good moment.

"We're all proud of African football, but it needs to progress. We'll give our opinions and I hope that the decision-makers will take the best propositions."

Frenchman Renard won the Nations Cup as Zambia coach in 2012 and, two years later, as Ivory Coast boss.

I don't support this move by CAF. Not that quality will drop but because it means players would stay longer away from their respective clubs and that will necessitate the unwillingness on the part of the clubs to release these players.

Secondly it implies an increased budget for the hosting nations as we may need a minimum of 6 venues instead of the former 4. This may also lead to inclusion of substandard venues due to budget constraints.

IMO what needs to change about the AFCON is it's timing.

I still maintain that CHAN should be scrapped and an U21 tourney introduced in its place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
Icon4s:

I don't support this move by CAF. Not that quality will drop but because it means players would stay longer away from their respective clubs and that will necessitate the unwillingness on the part of the clubs to release these players.

Secondly it implies an increased budget for the hosting nations as we may need a minimum of 6 venues instead of the former 4. This may also lead to inclusion of substandard venues due to budget constraints.

IMO what needs to change about the AFCON is it's timing.

I still maintain that CHAN should be scrapped and an U21 tourney introduced in its place.
clubs can't stop a player from going to the Afcon it's in the FIFA rules so the clubs have no say really.

on the number of stadia to be used, I think it's actually a good development. this will force hosting nations to develop their local stadia and it will be to the benefit of the clubs so that all these scrappy stadia that they use for CAF tournaments will be improved

I agree, the timing should change and the interval too should be increased to four years but the number of teams should either remain 16 or increase to 32, I do not fancy the idea of a 'best loser' going on to win the tournament

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
Icon4s:

He also gave the assist from which Lacazette scored his first ever Arsenal goal.

Looks like he was played as a number 10 in this game. can you please confirm that?
Yeah he was played as 10 behind welbeck after oezil and lacazete came off for walcot and him(iwobi). He really got superb rating alongside Czech as man of the mach..... bayern actually outplayed them but for the heroics of Czech.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mickael2:

clubs can't stop a player from going to the Afcon it's in the FIFA rules so the clubs have no say really.

on the number of stadia to be used, I think it's actually a good development. this will force hosting nations to develop their local stadia and it will be to the benefit of the clubs so that all these scrappy stadia that they use for CAF tournaments will be improved

I agree, the timing should change and the interval too should be increased to four years but the number of teams should either remain 16 or increase to 32, I do not fancy the idea of a 'best loser' going on to win the tournament

Clubs are obligated by FIFA yes but players themselves may choose to withdraw for obvious reasons.

On the issue of 6 venues it means so many African countries will find it difficult hosting. Except co-hosting may have to be re-introduced. Or alternatively the AFCON would be rotated amongst the "bigger nations" with good facilities.

I still prefer the 2years staging but it should be held at the middle of the year(season's break).
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
DrKlever:
Yeah he was played as 10 behind welbeck after oezil and lacazete came off for walcot and him(iwobi). He really got superb rating alongside Czech as man of the mach..... bayern actually outplayed them but for the heroics of Czech.

I sincerely wish Wenger can focus his development on that AM role. Let him deputise for Ozil for now no problem. At least FA and Capital One cups are there and he would likely get plenty of playing time from those.
We really need to raise a world class number 10 to take over from Mikel.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Icon4s:

I sincerely wish Wenger can focus his development on that AM role. Let him deputise for Ozil for now no problem. At least FA and Capital One cups are there and he would likely get plenty of playing time from those.
We really need to raise a world class number 10 to take over from Mikel.

This is at the heart of the matter, to win anything in modern football you need a few world class players.

In this regard outside of Mikel(That is even debatable currently) but who do we actually have that is truly world class

If we come to this realisation it will help us not have expectations that are not realistic.

We are currently celebrating players being signed for teams in the Belgium and Turkish leagues.

That's why the assumption that we will just arrive and beat Cameroon is far from the reality. If we do not prepare properly and assemble the best players we have then we may be in for a rude awakening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Icon4s:

Clubs are obligated by FIFA yes but players themselves may choose to withdraw for obvious reasons.

On the issue of 6 venues it means so many African countries will find it difficult hosting. Except co-hosting may have to be re-introduced. Or alternatively the AFCON would be rotated amongst the "bigger nations" with good facilities.

I still prefer the 2years staging but it should be held at the middle of the year(season's break).

A biennial tourney takes away all the drama and suspense, knowing fully well that there is another Afcon in the next two years. for example, of you are 28 and you are playing in am Afcon you know you still have at least two more Afcons to go before you retire or even three or four Afcons for Gks, you won't stress yourself too much and that's why some players can afford to boycott the tourney. But a 28 year-old playing in a world cup knows that he will be 32 by the next world cup and he wouldn't mind dying on the pitch, that's why players tend to be a lot more conservative in world cup seasons.

however they decide to share the hosting rights, the bottom line is that even small nations want to host the Afcon and they will have no other option but to improve their facilities. add to that the fact that if it is hosted every four years countries actually have a longer time to prepare, and that will rescue cost too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
komekn:

This is at the heart of the matter, to win anything in modern football you need a few world class players.

In this regard outside of Mikel(That is even debatable currently) but who do we actually have that is truly world class

If we come to this realisation it will help us not have expectations that are not realistic.

We are currently celebrating players being signed for teams in the Belgium and Turkish leagues.

That's why the assumption that we will just arrive and beat Cameroon is far from the reality. If we do not prepare properly and assemble the best players we have then we may be in for a rude awakening.

My brother that is how we see it o. Belgium and Turkey.

But I see Iwobi as a player that has the potential of being World class. Age is still on his side and he is being tutored by one of the best managers in Europe.
Also he has a lot of World class players to learn from.
Iwobi has a future with Arsenal because of the way he plays Plus he has a manager that believes in youth. It may just be a matter of time before he makes Arsenal forget about Ozil.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mickael2:

A biennial tourney takes away all the drama and suspense, knowing fully well that there is another Afcon in the next two years. for example, of you are 28 and you are playing in am Afcon you know you still have at least two more Afcons to go before you retire or even three or four Afcons for Gks, you won't stress yourself too much and that's why some players can afford to boycott the tourney. But a 28 year-old playing in a world cup knows that he will be 32 by the next world cup and he wouldn't mind dying on the pitch, that's why players tend to be a lot more conservative in world cup seasons.

however they decide to share the hosting rights, the bottom line is that even small nations want to host the Afcon and they will have no other option but to improve their facilities. add to that the fact that if it is hosted every four years countries actually have a longer time to prepare, and that will rescue cost too

I understand you perfectly. In fact I am not arguing with your points. I am just looking at the issue from another angle.

Starting with your last. this is Africa. A lot of countries' economy are just hanging by the thread. The "improving facilities" you mentioned is it not based on financing? I iterate the point again that having to host with 6 venues will only mean only certain 'prosperous' countries can host.

Out of 55 or so African teams only 5 qualifies for the world cup. If you make the AFCON once in 4 years it means More than half of African teams may not kick football for 3years! Because even WC qualifiers group stage may be played by only 20 countries.

Europe can host there Euros every 4 years bc they present 16 teams to the WC. More than half of South American teams play in the WC so they too can have their copa America once in 4 years. Besides all South American teams play the WC qualifiers and they play a total of 18 matches each! Meaning no space for Copa America once in 2years. In Europe also all teams take part in WC qualifiers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Icon4s:

My brother that is how we see it o. Belgium and Turkey.

But I see Iwobi as a player that has the potential of being World class. Age is still on his side and he is being tutored by one of the best managers in Europe.
Also he has a lot of World class players to learn from.
Iwobi has a future with Arsenal because of the way he plays Plus he has a manager that believes in youth. It may just be a matter of time before he makes Arsenal forget about Ozil.

world class Potential I agree 100%.

However, diligence, Discipline, Focus and hard work are the ingredients for that potential to be made a reality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
komekn:

world class Potential I agree 100%.

However, diligence, Discipline, Focus and hard work are the ingredients for that potential to be made a reality.

Of course. He needs to put his head down and learn on the job.

He IMO is our best potential to fill-in that position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
Mickael2:

and I never asked you if you think I hate him because it's of no use to me.

Now get the drill, you would have noticed that I put that 'world class' in quote and since you probably do not understand the meaning of that let me explain it to you, I used it because I was quoting some people here who think he is in the same rank as world class players, I obviously believe that he is not the finished article yet but criticism is relative, if someone like Giroud scores one goal when he could have scored more I will praise him, but if someone like.... Sanchez scores one in the same situation I will criticise him, so the fact that you people are making it seem like Nacho is the saviour is the reason why people monitor his games more and criticise him more, let the boy develop first before we start mentioning him as a mainstay in the Eagles team, EoD

I do not remember anyone saying Nacho is World class but has the potential to become one. Remember a lot of people hammered that Nacho should keep working hard

(1) (2) (3) ... (1211) (1212) (1213) (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.