Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11698211 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
So all these clubs have better defense than Enyimba? When last did you watch ajiboye mount the goal for Enyimba?
kingphilip:
what i wanted to correct

clean sheets might be due to good defenders and not great goalkeepers

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
Sorry guys, I was mixing up olufemi with Ajiboye

Ajiboy mounts the goal for plateau utd.

I think he needs a call up since it seems rotimi Sunday is too old as same said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

So which keeper should start in the absence of Leon Balogun?

*laughing* big question!

I was wandering too. Perhaps it's a mistake or I'm not getting his message.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
tbaba1234:
Super Eagles now have a new 'oyibo' Gk trainer. Hopefully, selections improve.
Sir, name and profile of the new appointee?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2017
EEGA:
The mistake we made in our france camping was inviting only three Gks.I think they should have invited six(4 Foreign and 2 home-based)keepers since that area needed urgent attention.But the victory against algeria made them overlook that.But Emma Daniels is still better than Akpeyi.Taking a look at the Senegal game u will realize that Mousa Sow's goal should have been saved by Akpeyi but that was not the case.The absence of Leon exposed fully Akpeyi's weakness.Just like the absence of Mikel in the Midfield just told us that Onazi is not yet a leader in the middle.
I think our mistake was experimenting too much.

The coaching crew were carried away by the task of finding fresh legs to strengthen d team thereby neglectin team coherence which was lacking in our game against SA... Funniest part was that Akpeyi was not even in france for those drills...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
kennysville:
We seem to be occupied with goal keeping department when there are other areas to really focus on. What happened to playing total football, where ur opponents sre forced to chase after balls? A brand of football where we determine it's pace and possession. We should be more concerned with harmonising communication btw the defence, midfield and the attack. We should focus more on gelling as a team as against fielding supposed best legs. Best legs dont win a match, a team does! I make bold to say that with no goalkeeper in between the posts, we can still beat any opposition if we have a team and i mean this both realistically and sarcastically too. (Delete whichever is inapplicable)

What Bafana capitalized on is the lack of gel in our team. Their coach said it and it was exactly what happened. We didnt gel as a team. A cursory look at the friendlies leading to the match shows that Rohr experimented too much instead of fielding his starting 11 for the game ahead. The game against togo had him fooled. The result is there for all to see. Check our passes in the game, our ball possession. How quickly we lost it. If the match had been an away match, I think we would have fared better because the pressure will obviously now be on Bafana. We played a team that lacked cohesion and thus were under a lot of pressure. Goal keeper wasnt at his best because of this same issue. Our supposed midfield couldnt string 3 to 4 straight passes without it being intercepted. Not to mention that our coach too goofed big time in tactics, positioning and substitutions of his players. So the less we talk about goalkeeper the beta. We dont need a good goalkeeper to win. We need good strikers , midfielders and defenders that know their job. Thats what wins a match. For all i care we might as well not field any goal keeper so long as you put the right players in the right positions and they are a team.we have watched matches wherein goal keepers were largely on holiday all thru.( only called upon to take goal kicks)

Cameroon that we talk about are only big but not skilfull. Or at least not as skilful as our team. If we play intelligently, we can cash in on their reckless tackles. 2 red cards and that is it. We are in control. Hence bottomline is we need to decide what is important and stick to it.
BRILLIANT!

Our national teams and problems are like 5&6. There will always be weak link(s) in the team. Sometime ago d team forwards was finding it hard to score goals, later it was d mid-field then the defence became the talk of the day. Now it's our goal keeping department not excluding the administrative palava...

What will be better for us now is that we should focus more on our strengths than our weaknesses.

My fear is that most of our boys will still be lacking some good crunch o game time in their various clubs as the most leagues will just be resuming from the summer break.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Just a reminder to those calling for Ike Shorunmu to take over from Alloy, as if Ike Shorunmu have a special supermarket where he will picks up goalkeepers.
Yes he said Akpeyi wasn't at fault for the goals against SA. I will be hard convinced that anyone who blamed Akpeyi for those goals have actually played football beyond monkey post.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ikeme: Shorunmu warns Rohr over Enyeama, backs Akpeyi

[img]http://punchng.com/ikeme-shorunmu-warns-rohr-over-enyeama-backs-akpeyi[/img]

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Ike Shorunmu says Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr should not get stampeded into any hasty decisions on Carl Ikeme ’ s replacement in the national team .
Wolves goalkeeper Ikeme is undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with acute leukaemia on Thursday .
As the 31 - year- old Nigeria first choice keeper faces a long spell out as he fights the disease , his replacement in the Eagles has become the subject of heated debate in town .
And former Eagles’ goalkeeping coach Shorunmu warns Rohr he should be very careful while making his decisions on the issue .
The 2000 Africa Cup of Nations silver medallist believes keepers Daniel Akpeyi , Dele Alampasu and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are good enough for starting roles in the Eagles.
Shorunmu said former team ’ s first choice Vincent Enyeama should not be pressured to come out of his international retirement , saying the unsettled Lille custodian should be allowed to decide if he wants to return to the national team .
“ Rohr shouldn ’t bring in a keeper who has not been part of the team as some people are suggesting , he must be very careful while making his decisions , ” the former Besiktas star , who represented Nigeria at the Korea / Japan 2002 World Cup , told our correspondent on the telephone on Monday .
“ Akpeyi , Alampasu and Ezenwa are good keepers, and we should believe in them .
“ We can boost their confidence by believing in them and encouraging them to succeed .

“ Rohr can pick of them as Ikeme ’ s replacement .”
He disagreed with football pundits and commentators who have called for Rohr to omit Akpeyi from his squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying double - header against Cameroon following his poor performance in the 2 - 0 defeat handed the Eagles by South Africa in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo on June 10 . The former Stationery Stores keeper insisted that the Chippa United shot - stopper has the quality to replace Ikeme .
Shorunmu said , “ Akpeyi shouldn ’t be blamed for our defeat by South Africa . We lost the game because we didn’ t play our full team .
“ He was right to come out of his line in an attempt to stop the second goal . It was the best decision, but unfortunately he couldn ’ t prevent the goal .”
The former Switzerland - based keeper added , “ Rohr should not allow people to put him under pressure to invite Enyeama .
“ Enyeama is still good but Rohr should be very careful. He should allow Enyeama to decide if he wants to return to the team .
“ Enyeama knows why he decided to retire from the national team . He understands his body better than anyone else .
“ After the 2002 World Cup , I was under pressure to return to the national team but I said no . I know why I took the decision.
“ The coach should allow invite a new keeper to the team to learn . It will be a big mistake to abandon the keepers who have experience for someone who has not played top - level football. ”

http://punchng.com/ikeme-shorunmu-warns-rohr-over-enyeama-backs-akpeyi/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
EEGA:
The mistake we made in our france camping was inviting only three Gks.I think they should have invited six(4 Foreign and 2 home-based)keepers since that area needed urgent attention.But the victory against algeria made them overlook that.But Emma Daniels is still better than Akpeyi.Taking a look at the Senegal game u will realize that Mousa Sow's goal should have been saved by Akpeyi but that was not the case.The absence of Leon exposed fully Akpeyi's weakness.Just like the absence of Mikel in the Midfield just told us that Onazi is not yet a leader in the middle.

The problem is that even among the three goal keepers called to camp, we did not have a thorough screening process of the three keepers to select the best. We just had a mediocre process of Ezenwa and Alampasu battling in camp for who was the best shot stopper in series of exchanges. Most reports put Alampasu as the top and Agu carrying out private sessions with Akpeyi in preparation for the qualifying games.

Thrash as far as I am concerned.

Gather the best group of goalies, both home and foreign. Screen and come up with the top keeper. Knowing the best Nigerian keeper irrespective of age, club or position in club should not be rocket science.

I repeat, if Alloy Agu does not know his job, he should be relieved of his position. Now we have to pay an extra hand to do his job. What load of thrash is that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
goldfish80:
Just a reminder to those calling for Ike Shorunmu to take over from Alloy, as if Ike Shorunmu have a special supermarket where he will picks up goalkeepers.
Yes he said Akpeyi wasn't at fault for the goals against SA. I will be hard convinced that anyone who blamed Akpeyi for those goals have actually played football beyond monkey post.

[img]http://punchng.com/ikeme-shorunmu-warns-rohr-over-enyeama-backs-akpeyi[/img]

Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Ike Shorunmu says Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr should not get stampeded into any hasty decisions on Carl Ikeme ’ s replacement in the national team .
Wolves goalkeeper Ikeme is undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with acute leukaemia on Thursday .
As the 31 - year- old Nigeria first choice keeper faces a long spell out as he fights the disease , his replacement in the Eagles has become the subject of heated debate in town .
And former Eagles’ goalkeeping coach Shorunmu warns Rohr he should be very careful while making his decisions on the issue .
The 2000 Africa Cup of Nations silver medallist believes keepers Daniel Akpeyi , Dele Alampasu and Ikechukwu Ezenwa are good enough for starting roles in the Eagles.
Shorunmu said former team ’ s first choice Vincent Enyeama should not be pressured to come out of his international retirement , saying the unsettled Lille custodian should be allowed to decide if he wants to return to the national team .
“ Rohr shouldn ’t bring in a keeper who has not been part of the team as some people are suggesting , he must be very careful while making his decisions , ” the former Besiktas star , who represented Nigeria at the Korea / Japan 2002 World Cup , told our correspondent on the telephone on Monday .
“ Akpeyi , Alampasu and Ezenwa are good keepers, and we should believe in them .
“ We can boost their confidence by believing in them and encouraging them to succeed .

He disagreed with football pundits and commentators who have called for Rohr to omit Akpeyi from his squad for the Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying double - header against Cameroon following his poor performance in the 2 - 0 defeat handed the Eagles by South Africa in their 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo on June 10 . The former Stationery Stores keeper insisted that the Chippa United shot - stopper has the quality to replace Ikeme .
Shorunmu said , “ Akpeyi shouldn ’t be blamed for our defeat by South Africa . We lost the game because we didn’ t play our full team .
“ He was right to come out of his line in an attempt to stop the second goal . It was the best decision, but unfortunately he couldn ’ t prevent the goal .”
The former Switzerland - based keeper added , “ Rohr should not allow people to put him under pressure to invite Enyeama .
“ Enyeama is still good but Rohr should be very careful. He should allow Enyeama to decide if he wants to return to the team .
“ Enyeama knows why he decided to retire from the national team . He understands his body better than anyone else .
“ After the 2002 World Cup , I was under pressure to return to the national team but I said no . I know why I took the decision.
“ The coach should allow invite a new keeper to the team to learn . It will be a big mistake to abandon the keepers who have experience for someone who has not played top - level football. ”

Nice addition oga Shorunmu but the point remains. We need the best goalkeepers of the Super Eagles in the team. Screen, select the best and let them grow in the team. We are paying the price of wasting the earlier times to build a good goalkeeping department of the Super Eagles. That does not mean we should not make moves to correct the mistakes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
AIG07:
I think our mistake was experimenting too much.

The coaching crew were carried away by the task of finding fresh legs to strengthen d team thereby neglectin team coherence which was lacking in our game against SA... Funniest part was that Akpeyi was not even in france for those drills...

I agree with you on the lack of coherence in our plan from the camp to the game. I also feel if we maintained our camping set up, we would have had a different result. A big point was dropping Agu for Onazi. That to me was a big blow to the team.

Time will tell as Rohr polishes the team with time.

My best advice is to keep building the team with the best players and not experience players. With time we would have an experienced team made of the best players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ebuehi Relishes Den Haag's Pre-Season Winning Run - Complete Sports Nigeria

nigeriannewspapers.today

Jul 25, 2017 1:00 AM

By David Meshioye: Ado Den Haag right-back, Tyronne Ebuehi has expressed his delight at the club's impressive run in the ongoing pre-season programme, Completesportnigeria.com reports. Ado Den Haag have won seven pre-season matches so far, and the fair-skinned defender who played for 71 minutes in their 1-0 win against MVV  Maastricht on July 18, hopes the winning run will continue when the Dutch Eredivisie kicks off. “I am happy with the club's performance in the pre-season, and the win over MVV is a good sign of good things to come for the club,” Ebuehi told omroepwest.nl ADO midfielder Danny Bakker  scored the solitary winner in the 60th minute of the game played at the Cars Jeans Stadium, off a corner kick  by Donny Gorter. Sheraldo Becker and Delano Ladan also had the opportunity to open the score but were put at bay by hardworking MVV reaguards. Ado Den Haag have since travelled to China for further  pre-season programme. Ebuehi was first called up to Nigeria squad in 2016 for the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Algeria but he turned down the offer on the ground that he needed some time to settle into his club ADO Den Haag. He would  later honour the next invitation for the Super Eagles friendlies against Senegal and Burkina Faso in March 2017. Ebuehi later made his senior debut for Nigeria in a 3-0 friendly win over Togo on June 1, 2017.       The post Ebuehi Relishes Den Haag’s Pre-Season Winning Run appeared first on Complete Sports Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2017
EEGA:

Before the game against Algeria and the France camping, Akpeyi seemed to be a worthy 2nd choice GK.

I really don't know what happened along the line, his confidence just deflated.

Filling the shoes of the great GKs the eagles have boasted of in the past seems to be somewhat overwhelming for him.

I don't know if we have a therapist or a performance coach in this present set up, that might help.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2017
Super Eagles to recall striker to replace fumbling Iheanacho
.com
Jul 25, 2017 1:00 PM
By: Linus Onyeze Share:
Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr (far left) is set to hand a recall to Aaron Samuel with the Franco-German not completely sold on Iheanacho as his lead striker.
Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr (far left) is set to hand a recall to Aaron Samuel with the Franco-German not completely sold on Iheanacho as his lead striker.

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is seriously considering handing CSKA Moscow striker Aaron Samuel a recall to the national team almost two years since he last featured for the country.

A top source told SCORENigeria: “The coach has asked for a background check on Aaron Samuel, it could be he is considering recalling him to the national team for the World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon.”

Nigeria are shopping for a traditional big centre-forward after Rohr admitted Kelechi Iheanacho is not cut out to lead the Eagles strike force.

Samuel, 23, fits the bill of what the national team selectors are looking out for as he has the physical presence to stand up to the rugged Cameroon defenders.

Aaron Samuel is set for a recall to the Super Eagles ahead of the World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon.
Aaron Samuel is set for a recall to the Super Eagles ahead of the World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon.

He has scored twice in seven appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut in 2014.

He was frozen out of the national team by coach Sunday Oliseh.

The big target man has overcome a knee injury, which sidelined him for as many as eight months.

On his return to CSKA Moscow on a permanent basis from Chinese club Guangzhou R&F in January, he played seven games.

And he is already in the thick of the action with his Russian army club in the new season, coming in as a substitute in the team’s second game of the season against Moscow rivals Lokomotiv.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2017
EEGA:
.com

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr is seriously considering handing CSKA Moscow striker Aaron Samuel a recall to the national team almost two years since he last featured for the country.

A top source told SCORENigeria: “The coach has asked for a background check on Aaron Samuel, it could be he is considering recalling him to the national team for the World Cup qualifiers against Cameroon.”

Nigeria are shopping for a traditional big centre-forward after Rohr admitted Kelechi Iheanacho is not cut out to lead the Eagles strike force.

Samuel, 23, fits the bill of what the national team selectors are looking out for as he has the physical presence to stand up to the rugged Cameroon defenders.

He has scored twice in seven appearances for the Super Eagles since his debut in 2014.

The big target man has overcome a knee injury, which sidelined him for as many as eight months.

On his return to CSKA Moscow on a permanent basis from Chinese club Guangzhou R&F in January, he played seven games.

And he is already in the thick of the action with his Russian army club in the new season, coming in as a substitute in the team’s second game of the season against Moscow rivals Lokomotiv.
I can categorically tell you that this one is a lie.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2017
safarigirl:
I can categorically tell you that this one is a lie.

Thank You... Pure lie... Agent at work

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
goldfish80:

For those calling for Shorunmu this is Shorunmu speaking. A seasoned ex-goalkeeper plus seasoned goalkeeper trainer.
oya come and dispute him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
EEGA:
.com

The agent can try again...

They are 90% chances that same players he (GernotRohr) has been calling up will be called for next match against Cameroon... Mikel and likes of ideye or ighalo might follow suit...

No changes all these story Na story... Don't be suprise to see Akpeyi BTW the post in August /sept Match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

For those calling for Shorunmu this is Shorunmu speaking. A seasoned ex-goalkeeper plus seasoned goalkeeper trainer.

Sir Icon4

Smiling, I have been following your post and I can perceive or lemme say within you... You know Akpeyi will be called and will man the post come aug/sept..

Am I right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Nice addition oga Shorunmu but the point remains. We need the best goalkeepers of the Super Eagles in the team. Screen, select the best and let them grow in the team. We are paying the price of wasting the earlier times to build a good goalkeeping department of the Super Eagles. That does not mean we should not make moves to correct the mistakes.

You surrender for this one now abi. Lozzz!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Sir Icon4

Smiling, I have been following your post and I can perceive or lemme say within you... You know Akpeyi will be called and will man the post come aug/sept..

Am I right?

Akpeyi is our first choice for now.

Like him or hate him.

He is not among the best of goalkeepers we have had in the recent past. But the truth is he is the best we can present for now. Sad, but that is the reality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
goldfish80:

Ike is on threading a wrong part wit these statements. ..
the problem wit is in nigeria is that we are always too conservative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Like him or hate him.

He is not among the best of goalkeepers we have had in the recent past. But the truth is he is the best we can present for now. Sad, but that is the reality.
hop u won't be shocked....when someone else man the post against Cameroon?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2017
Humility017:

hop u won't be shocked....when someone else man the post against Cameroon?

I will not be shocked. This is football anything is possible.

But until then.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2017
Humility017:
Ike is on threading a wrong part wit these statements. .. the problem wit is in nigeria is that we are always too conservative.
Conservative?
How?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

oya come and dispute him.

he just disappointed me wit those statements of his.....
I think someone need to start clamouring for a foreign goal keeper trainer now....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Conservative?

How?
always allergic to radical change....
always choosing to stick to the status quo
These particular dilemma should pose an opportunity to unearth a brave young goalie but many are scared....
I have that instinct inside of me...alampasu will not do bad should he get to play against Cameroon likewise letting the best in camp man the post....
we always drop the best all because of experience factor...
I am not pleased wit this...at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
Humility017:

he just disappointed me wit those statements of his.....
I think someone need to start clamouring for a foreign goal keeper trainer now....

As far as I am concerned Ike Shorunmu is an authority when it comes to goalkeeping issues in Nigeria.

He was a seasoned goalkeeper and And also a seasoned goalkeeper trainer.

You are on your own o. Lozz!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Like him or hate him.

He is not the best we can present now in any way. For Rohr to look into it means he knows Akpeyi's selection was a catastrophe. The reality is that we did not do a thorough job in that department and I doubt it will continue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

I will not be shocked. This is football anything is possible.
But until then.....
ok....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

As far as I am concerned Ike Shorunmu is an authority when it comes to goalkeeping issues in Nigeria.

He was a seasoned goalkeeper and And also a seasoned goalkeeper trainer.

You are on your own o. Lozz!!!
the fact that he once played the round leather game...does not mean that he has an in-depth knowledge of the game...
many world best players...never translate being world best coaches....
never assumed others simply know better than you...reason because no man has the monopoly of knowledge...
I still maintain they're many ex internationals out there who cannot analyse football like some of us here.....
so...his words is just an opinion
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Icon4s:

Like him or hate him.

Good... I know... That's right baba Rohr Na your generation experience before anything...

We are not going to have a suprise list anyway...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
Humility017:

Ike is on threading a wrong part wit these statements. ..
the problem wit is in nigeria is that we are always too conservative.

Note, Ike Shorunmu did not say these are the best options or Akpeyi is the best. He said the set are good keepers and at this point in time a radical change can cause problems.

He also highlighted boosting their confidence but the truth is that the problem is not they but Akpeyi. From what I see there, from the set who have been working in camp with the team, we can come up with a good candidate with his confidence boosted. With time and some friendly games, we can screen and select the best choices. Alloy Agu blew a good chance during the series of Friendlies. Let us hope we get dead rubber games later.

Either way, I think it is time to kick Agu out. He is bias and blatantly partial.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1223) (1224) (1225) (1226) (1227) (1228) (1229) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12large1, jihday(m), semid4lyfe(m), Marjoribanks, Macaranta23 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.