Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11713365 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (16163) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
We need some 2nd half firepower against the zambians. I suggest Vic Moses plays that part. Let Iwobi start the game. Reason is cos when every one is tired, he can make a difference; one that we need in the 2nd half more until Aluko gets a call up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Isn't Ebuehi the subject?
Why are we talking about the Epl?

komekn:

Firstly the EPL is the most international league in the World without any doubt. The 5/6 top EPL clubs are capable of fielding a 1st 11 without a single English players. On average the top 5 clubs will very rarely have more than 3/4 English players in the team.

In comparison the the Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese first division teams are the complete opposite.

Your analogy is without substance as national team prominence and or superiority is not a reflection of the domestic league quality.

Which leagues do the top players in the world play? What league does the cream of the Dutch team play in.

England is ranked currently at about 15 but the EPL is ranked in the top 3 in the world in some assessments it is ranked number 1

So your comments is prejudiced sentiment very far from objective observations and or measurement.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
All those EPL noise.
Let's see how they will perform today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
komekn:

Firstly the EPL is the most international league in the World without any doubt. The 5/6 top EPL clubs are capable of fielding a 1st 11 without a single English players. On average the top 5 clubs will very rarely have more than 3/4 English players in the team.

In comparison the the Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese first division teams are the complete opposite.

Your analogy is without substance as national team prominence and or superiority is not a reflection of the domestic league quality.

Which leagues do the top players in the world play? What league does the cream of the Dutch team play in.

England is ranked currently at about 15 but the EPL is ranked in the top 3 in the world in some assessments it is ranked number 1

So your comments is prejudiced sentiment very far from objective observations and or measurement.

What are your thoughts Fikayo Tomori? He seems to be lightweight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Icon79:
We totally outplayed and outclassed them in the first half and should've scored a lot more than 2 goals if not that we were a little wasteful. They pressed us late in the second half, especially after they scored one goal, which is understandable because:
1) they were chasing the game
2) our players got tired, having arrived Zambia just the previous night

Some of you guys really need to learn how to analyze games before you start yarning dust!

O pari

No vex but wetin u dey yarn...I don't care if we played the whole first half with d ball. I ain't analyzing nothing...Wetin I dey tok be say if the game goes the same way it did that day... Ikeme nor dey...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
kellycute:
don't say what you don't know. My moniker ain't new here ok and I ain't no supernerd. I still stand by what I said earlier, and if you have problem with my statement, that's your cup of tea. If you feel intimidated by thesupernerd way of showing off, it isn't my business. i just want to let you know that I am not thesupernerd but I like his attitude. Nothing wrong to praise yourself and he doesn't need to apologise if his attitude make anyone feel inferior.
No mind dem jare...I ain't gonna say nothing concerning the sh!t...I still find no remorse whatsoever from the warring paties sef...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
Certitude:

No mind dem jare...I ain't gonna say nothing concerning the sh!t...I still find no remorse whatsoever from the warring paties sef...
how will there be remorse when both of them walk around thinking their shiiit don't stink?

Bloody conceited, self-absorbed bunch angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
libero808:
Isn't Ebuehi the subject?
Why are we talking about the Epl?

My comments was that Ebuehi not getting into the SE may seem somewhat unfair. But in reality his quality is limited and to buttress that point I said he would struggle to get in the U21 of the top EPL clubs.

Then it was claimed that the EPL quality is being overstated by me.

Hence the write up to explain and inform.

I was suppose to go to Burton but couldn't get anyone to come with me and I didn't fancy the Lord drive by myself on the M6.

However, it's not much of a game as Burton are already loosing 4 zero to Villa. Really wanted to see Hope Akpan and Tega.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
I want Aina to start against Zambia ahead of Shehu..

Aina is a real offensive threat and delivers beautiful crosses

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

What are your thoughts Fikayo Tomori? He seems to be lightweight.

I watched him at Brighton last season and the comments from the coaching staff were non committal. Politely saying he wasn't impressive.

He has gone to Hull and there is some improvements but not outstanding. At this stage of the game you really need to stand out and make yourself indispensable and essential for the club to progress. Tomori hasn't done any of that.

Compare him to Ola Aina who is now probably the first man on the team sheet. Considered by most to be the best right back in the championship. The difference is clear.

Compare him to the new CB at Tottenham Sanchez same age range but he is now the first choice central defender. After leaving Ajax and his first season in the EPL, quite impressive.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
I've not seen Ebuehi play. Unless he's very horrible, I don't see how people like Nyom, Gibbs, even Chamberlain should be better than him.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
bataderemi:
I've not seen Ebuehi play. Unless he's very horrible, I don't see how people like Nyom, Gibbs, even Chamberlain should be better than him.
We re too emotional when it has to do with SE players
Aw can u compare Ebuehi to chamberlain,has ebuehi ever faced d best of forwards in Europe b4 comparing him to chamberlain?
Take it or leave it,asyde victor moses,maybe partially Mikel,evry oda players in d PRESENT SE set up are below Average players
Dts y am not always moved a bit when dey fumble cos most times I expect lil from dem,and wen dey surprise us like d way dey did against Cameroon,I c it as a plus.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
elyte89:

Aw can u compare Ebuehi to chamberlain,has ebuehi ever faced d best of forwards in Europe b4 comparing him to chamberlain?
Take it or leave it,asyde victor moses,maybe partially Mikel,evry oda players in d PRESENT SE set up are below Average players
Dts y am not always moved a bit when dey fumble cos most times I expect lil from dem,and wen dey surprise us like d way dey did against Cameroon,I c it as a plus.
Lol. I'm not being emotional. Chamberlain is not exceptional. Even Henry said he doesn't know what he's good at. So....

And the point isn't Chamberlain in particular, it's the guy entering an epl team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
Icon79:
We totally outplayed and outclassed them in the first half and should've scored a lot more than 2 goals if not that we were a little wasteful. They pressed us late in the second half, especially after they scored one goal, which is understandable because:
1) they were chasing the game
2) our players got tired, having arrived Zambia just the previous night

Some of you guys really need to learn how to analyze games before you start yarning dust!

O pari

The opposite will not play out because Nigeria will be playing at home. Chances for Zambia will be limited.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
Before CMR everyone was talking of how the pace of CMR would kill us. Bassagog Bassagog, Moukandjo Moukandjo was all I heard. My brother pace met pace on that day. That pace you saw from the Zambians against Algeria was cos Algeria didn't have their own pace to trouble them. There's a kinda pace you'd be faced with that you'd have to channel most of your own pace in defending. Zambia need to be worried about the 2 Moses. If God wan come punish Zambia to the fullest that day, and allow Rohr mistakenly play Aina in LB, then it would be the same pace that attacks that would also defend against Zambia.... Bro leave matter for Matthias, Zambia would see the kinda speed they have never seen before in this qualifiers. Every coach has complained against Nigeria's style due to our coordinated speedy plays.

Mickael2:

not that we won't attack, no. Have you seen the pace of these Zambians on the wing? Coming up against them on the wing will be a serious problem because we don't have speedy fullbacks who can cope, so the idea is to make sure the bulk of the game is played in the middle of the pitch were we have our own advantage(s) and this can be achieved easily by playing Iwobi(not that MS isn't a good option but the opponent determines the team for me)

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
bataderemi:

Chamberlain was supposed to be dropped at age17/18 when he was at Southamptons academy but somehow the club and his agents marketed him. He then ends up in Arsenal after playing quite a few games for Southampton first team. In my opinion he is too slow but is strong, reads the game well and he has been very lucky.

Gibson started playing for Arsenal when he was 17 true quality but Injuries, age 28 and higher standards see him loosing his place.

Nyom is just straight line pace and little technical ability but a lot of tenacity stamina and good strength. But don't forget his Manager is Tony Pulis the Long ball master.

Ebuehi plays in the Dutch league, it's not as physical intense or as fast as the EPL or even the Championship. If he was true Quality then other teams would have picked him up across Europe.

I haven't watched him play in depth. But he is not better than Dominic Iorfa, possibly on par technically but Iorfa is true pounded yam (strong dude) and with huge stamina and a true athlete. So even if he makes a mistake has very good recovery.

But where the left back slot is concerned I would rather have Seyi Ojo. A player who Newcastle put in a bid of £10 million but was rejected by Liverpool. Although he a left winger it will not be problematic to have him play left wing back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
komekn:

Chamberlain was supposed to dropped17/18 at Southampton when he was at the academy but somehow the club and his agents marketed him. He then ends up in Arsenal after playing quite a few games for Southampton first team. In my opinion he is too slow but is strong, reads the game well and he has been very lucky.

Gibson started playing for Arsenal when he was 17 true quality but Injuries, age 28 and higher standards see him loosing his place.

Nyom is just straight line pace and little technical ability but a lot of tenacity stamina and good strength. But don't forget his Manager is Tony Pulis the Long ball master.

Ebuehi plays in the Dutch league, it's not as physical intense or as fast as the EPL or even the Championship. If he was true Quality then other teams would have picked him up across Europe.

I haven't watched him play in depth. But he is not better than Dominic Iorfa, possibly on par technically but Iorfa is true pounded yam (strong dude) and with huge stamina and a true athlete. So even if he makes a mistake has very good recovery.

But where the left back slot is concerned I would rather have Seyi Ojo. A player who Newcastle put in a bid of £10 million but was rejected by Liverpool. Although he a left winger it will not be problematic to have him play left wing back.
So your point is that the guy lacks pace and strength. Like I said, I haven't seen him play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skyzig(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ronaldo scores brace to down Dortmund in Germany
http://www.skyzig.com/2017/09/ronaldo-scores-brace-to-down-dortmund.html
[img][/img]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
daveP:
yeah obviously. i hope we arrive at conflict resolution, which i pray make supernerd returns. yeah if the mods r awake anyway....

ya indeed they are asleep, a jeepee tank of water fall on them to woke them up grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
tbaba1234:

I agree hands down. same 4 Iwobi ahead of Holy Moses. But all due respect to the zambian winger on that flank, he might not go forward much to join attack@Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
elyte89:

Your comment burns on sentimental fuel. haba

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
do4luv14:

ya indeed they are asleep, a jeepee tank of water fall on them to woke them up grin
I dont even wana address this issue beyond page 1600!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
daveP:
I agree hands down. same 4 Iwobi ahead of Holy Moses. But all due respect to the zambian winger on that flank, he might not go forward much to join attack@Aina.

I will put victor moses on the same wing with Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mickael2:

from we did not side with him to we owe him an apology and now they are saying we are jealous of him. All join sha, I just dey laugh.

Can one say Thesuperner.d overestimated his importance to this thread?? It might be a harsh thing to say, but somebody has to.

That's the real issue here and his rival thread makes reasoning along this direction plausible.

He expected too much from us.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
elyte89:

then explain why and how below average players like IWOBI,IHEANACHO AND INDIDI according to u kept making the list of the best young footballers in the world.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
do4luv14:

there had been peace here before, even when thegoodjoe, and forgiveness were being tagged Babylonian, they take it in good faith, even if they wanna return it back, they don't involve ones parents,

no matter who started it first, they guy over step by insulting his mom,

we all owned it to THESUPERNERD to apologize, for the insults, but we don't, even CHRIMARIO instead of, being a pace maker, take sides and insult nerd, be that as it may,

we owned it to apologize to NERDIE, and I wants the mods, to ban anybody whoever involves ones parents here in what-ever mention, if its not in line with the thread,

. CASE CLOSED

Im just seeing this and and i dont know how i missed it.

Bia Oga do4luv, it seems you re mistaking this for gala carring it all around. I will advise you to go and read from beginning because im really get tired of you and your incurable problem saying what you know nothing about.

For clarification purpose, lemme explain what led to I/nerd misunderstanding since you chose to continue being awake and dreaming that i will apologize to nerd.
Nerd by nature is wonderful guy who has passion for SE but sentimental and emotional when analyzing players in comparison to ours.

(1) It started on Saturday concerning nacho and Rash who is better at the moment. Everyone gave his opinion but nerd was hard on those that chose Rash just like muah.

(2) On Saturday, the shit escalated to conflict because of pietrorico's refusal to accept nacho as better guy and nerd start using "dollophead, lobotomy, etc .
When all this was going on, here was some Rico's and nerds comment......

TheSuperNerd:
Can someone plsss tell this pest called PietroRico to stop trolling my comments..... grin

Only people of low intelligence and attention seeking whorish tendencies engage in such... ewwwwww... disgusting.

The guy looks like he may need a lobotomy... cheesy

*Smh*

PietroRico:
of course, you would resort to needless name calling and abuses when cornered.
Did l'equipe make a mistake with their very current ranking that is very recognised ?

TheSuperNerd:
Looolll... even Jesus called the scribes and pharisees what they were... so I am just replicating the gesture cheesy

Harsh but sadly true... sad Run along now Dollophead... your attention seeking is over.

PietroRico:
Sigh
I won't stoop as low as trading infantile abuses back at you, at least not today.

While all this was going on, basco,goodjoe,etc tried to calm nerd down but he was boasting that he was wrong guy to mess up with. That after dealing with rico, he will understand who he is.

(3) Rico then quoted himself about beeing too low to insult him, then he canceld the statement and said this, i quote

"ou are one very unintelligent motherfúcker. No let being book smart delude you anymore.
You lack basic skills necessary for intelligent social interaction.
You can brag about your John Hopkins achievements again but it means nada.

You are not just very unintelligent, you are also a very childish, self absorbed, myopic idiot who cannot see beyond his shapeless nose. And you exhibit all the characteristics of an inbred cretin was had an abusive childhood

What makes your deluded life think you like the Super Eagles any more than me or any other person here?

You really want to play in the mud, be my guest.. You dolt"

And

the smartest thing you have done your whole life.

By the time i finished with you, you would have taken up a gun, entered a supermarket, shot at a few people before ending your miserable life.
I have been trying to play cool, but your leprous fingers have been running faster than your lopsided brain, from pillar to post.
You microcephallous son of a village próstitute, who was so ugly at birth the doctors didn't know what end to slap as
Your ăss looked identical to your head.

The next time you see a PietroRico post, be wiser than the recipient of the y chromosome that formed you when she decided to not swallow, and run as fast as you can.

Idiot

Also

"your mother needed a hysterectomy more, many years before you were born, to save the world from your miserable existence."

Mind you, while rico was saying this, komekn,I,gudjoe were trying to calm thing down.

Nerd was also replying dat he needed lobotomy.

Note: All the quotes above was selected randomly since its too long to type more than 5 pages.

Goto page 1566 upwards to read better

I will upload what gave birth to I and his banter very soon so that you should stop masturbating on this rubbish topic that almost crippled this thread.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
junnyjake:

Can one say Thesuperner.d overestimated his importance to this thread?? It might be a harsh thing to say, but somebody has to.

That's the real issue here and his rival thread makes reasoning along this direction plausible.

He expected too much from us.

spot on. But wait for them to say you are jealous too, that's the new trend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
@do4luv14:

I and nerd's banter started when i quoted him jokingly not to compare rash to ndidi for they no mates and playing different wing.

He told me to stop shifting that he new where i belonged, he went on to say he doesn't have time for me and my likes who are epl fan boys obsessed with fantasies of foreign players.

Then i told him that he is blind biased patriot.

He started saying that i didnt caution my friend rico who insulted his mother.

I told him that i dont support wat rico said but he first drew the sword,,,,

Kindly go read up and stop dragging my nane along on what i had moved from.
I understands nerd is ur friend butt he isnt my enemy

Infact he was sad because safari criticize his conduct about the whole thing.

All i said is just to make to understand better. We are all here to give input and there must be varying opinion. Now he had created rival thread commenting and quoting himself and that was one of the funniest i have seen on this forum.

I hope you do read as i said. If you have problem with me lets settle but you must be dreaming to think that i will kneel and apologize to nerd.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
What is going on here?

Mickael2:

spot on. But wait for them to say you are jealous too, that's the new trend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by libero808(f): 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Just like wishing Zapacosta starts ahead of Moses.
We all need to swallow the bitter truth.
Shehu has cemented his spot at right-back FOR NOW.

@the bolded. That was even after a good performance.
Someone thinks Aina will just walk in because championship is better than Cyprus or whateva

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
bataderemi:

So your point is that the guy lacks pace and strength. Like I said, I haven't seen him play.

Pace I think he has,but how fast I really do not know. But it's a lot easier to look fast in the Eredivisie compared to the EPL.

I will try to see if I can find some footage of his team. He could be real quality I simply can not make that judgement call without seeing him play at least 3 games.

I am looking at his team not highly placed and or one of the top Eredivisie teams. Generally speaking if you are making waves other teams will try to sign you. That doesn't seem to have happened for him yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Humility017:

all he knows...as the best...is anything English besides that...nothing else.
can you blame him? He only watches the English league

(1) (2) (3) ... (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) (1603) ... (16163) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: enlady(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.